AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-30, 03:33   Link #1081
TigerII
Pilot in Training

.357 of an inch. In the US the width is measured in a decimal of an inch. Which on a ruler would be 6 of the 16 marks needed to make an inch. So just look at a ruler and count to six. That is the width of the bullet. If you use metric, count 9 milimeters and that is the width. You will soon see it is a big round. The guy took five of these and lived, though two hit his spinal cord and he is now a paraplegic.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 04:31   Link #1082
ipernorris

Anyway I like Sekai more... why? Not for physical reasons, of course: Kotonoha owns her on that of course. I like Sekai because she's much more interesting and intriguing than Kotonoha: the latter is so shy that she seems retarded some times. I really hate childish/indecisive girls but I manage to hate indecisive guys even more.
Dear Makoto-kun you're royally retarded: haven't you realized that Sekai likes you? Is it normal for a girl doing that kind of "special training"? I know you're young and all, but there is a limit to how much retarded someone can be.
The tardness of the male lead was the main reason I'm not watching harem anime any more, but this show is just interesting because of Sekai.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 04:56   Link #1083
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ though she is the root of the problem yea i agree that sekai should be with makoto seen as the both like ecchi stuff ~ that was kotonoha can remain innocent

time to bring back my thoughts on ep 4 from the dead :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
*unable...to...contain...anger!!!*
ep 4 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-07-30 at 09:10. Reason: ~ no yuri today :3
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 06:47   Link #1084
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Dear Makoto-kun you're royally retarded
LOL couldn't have put it better myself. The guy is a waste of space, just stop breathing and using our air.

and how the hell can they all be so indecisive, its like abnormal for that amount of indecisive ppl to gather together.

Hope my theory on mastermind Kokoro-chan pans out, only person I'm rooting for atm.
Old 2007-07-30, 06:50   Link #1085
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I don't really hate Makoto; he just makes me feel uncomfortable when he tries to do interesting things. People compare this to Takayuki but of course he never gropes for fun. Makoto is way way worse.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 07:52   Link #1086
ipernorris

Deathkillz I read your opinions about episode 4 and they are very interesting, especially regarding Sekai:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Regarding Makoto: you're over-estimating him way to much saying he's using things Kotonoha said against her and such. He's just a dog full of hormones and so he wants to touch, to grope, to kiss (with tongue, of course) and go further and further. The rest doesn't count to him... as long as he can satisfy his istincts. In this condition it's only obvious he doesn't understand women... in fact he's so baka he doesn't understand anything.
Kotonoha, on the other end, is way too indecisive, shy and full of doubts: I hate the girls who dreams about the knight in white armor! Get real and teenager dear Kotonoha, you aren't in kidgarden anymore!
Old 2007-07-30, 08:03   Link #1087
Maritime
Oceanic

I don't think Makoto is necessarily the 'villain' in this, you have to understand that he's an idiot that barely understands his own feelings and emotions let alone the complexities of dealing with women. He's so clueless that he even went out and brought a book on dating, I mean, who else but a complete moron would do something like that?

It's been made explicitly clear from the beginning that Makoto and Kotonoha are not a good match in any conceivable way, they have next to nothing in common and can barely hold a simple conversation together, in fact the only one keeping their relationship afloat is Sekai who, for some baffling reason, is acting as the mediator between the two. Sekai likes Makoto, that's an established fact, the real question here (and it's a pretty big one) is exactly why Sekai is trying so hard to keep Makoto and Kotonoha together when they're clearly so mismatched. If anyone's the 'victim' in this story thusfar it's Kotonoha who's been betrayed not once but twice, firstly by her so-called her boyfriend and has extra curricular activities with Sekai behind the scenes but if that wasn't bad enough she's been stabbed in the back by Sakai, the one person she turned to for guidance - whatever way you choose to look at it that's pretty low. You can expect to be let down or hurt by a partner, but when a friend betrays you it hurts a lot more.

And what of Makoto he's a 'victim' too if you think about it, the same day he captured the girl of his dreams Sekai was locking lips with him on the train platform - she kissed him. Look at it from his point of view, he's a moron who's suddenly got two girls to juggle relationships with, on one hand we've got the busty but shy Kotonoha, she's every mans dream girl with got curves in all the right places, the only downside is that she's frustratingly shy and withdrawn. On the other we've got the feisty Sakai who is exciting, fun to be around and sexually uninhibited, in many ways she's the ultimate tease. I'm sure we'd all like to believe that any self-respecting man would have made a choice at this point and would stick to it but would they really? If you males out there were in Makoto's shoes what would you do? I'm sure we'd all like to think we'd do the right thing, but would we really? Most men never get the chance to experience what Makoto's going through, can we really blame him for just going with the flow and seeing what happens here? Any man who claims that he wouldn't want to be with two attractive young women is a liar, therefore it's pretty hypocritical to condemn Makoto for seizing the opportunity when it's literally handed to him on a platter.

From what I've seen so far and after watching episode four a moment ago I can only assume that Sekai is using Makoto to fulfill her own desires, she wants him, but not within the confines of a relationship. She's quite happy for Makoto to be with Kotonoha because the stupid mistakes that he makes with her time and time again is what keeps Makoto running back to Sekai for advice and 'special training', maybe Sakai fears that without Kotonoha Makoto would have no reason to spend time with her at all.

This is what makes School Days such a great (and in some minds, dangerous) show, it's making a bold statement about the nature of relationships and sexuality in the twenty-first century, a statement that very few people are willing to accept or acknowledge. To put it simply; School Days is saying that in todays modern world when it comes to sex women can be just as predatory and manipulative as men, the only reason people look at Makoto as the villain in this story is because it's unpopular to believe that a cute and precious young woman could possibly be a scheming bitch who cares about nothing but her own personal satisfaction. Comments like "We forgive Sakai because she's cute" illustrate exactly how well this show deceives its audience, right now I'm confident that episode five could consist of Sakai feasting of a box of live kittens while Makoto runs around performing random good deeds but as long as Sakai did her 'sad face' routine or cried a bit at the end people would still root for her over Makoto.

Of course this is my viewpoint after four episodes, I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out. I think we'll see what these characters are really made of when episode five rolls around.
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 08:22   Link #1088
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Maritime: Took the words right off my keyboard.

Maybe it's because I have previous knowledge about it, but it feels like the characters interactions and their personality flaws, are slowly drifting a love triangle to a tragic end. And yes, all three are guilty. Mr. Hormone, Ms. Extracurricular Activity and Ms. OMG so shy. Can't forgive any of the girls here, even if I am moe for them.

I really like the mood that it's set during the episode, and I can't wait how the other characters will have influence in the resolution of the plot.
OverFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 08:37   Link #1089
ipernorris

Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
I don't think Makoto is necessarily the 'villain' in this, you have to understand that he's an idiot that barely understands his own feelings and emotions let alone the complexities of dealing with women. He's so clueless that he even went out and brought a book on dating, I mean, who else but a complete moron would do something like that?
I totally agree on this.

Quote:
question here (and it's a pretty big one) is exactly why Sekai is trying so hard to keep Makoto and Kotonoha together when they're clearly so mismatched.
Because Makoto loves Kotonoha? It can be she's helping the guy she likes to be happy, but the unforeseen difficulties are create more and more situations in which Sekai is helping Makoto and this help is just going out of hand because it is very difficult to be near the person you love without dong anything "ecchi".

Quote:
If anyone's the 'victim' in this story thusfar it's Kotonoha who's been betrayed not once but twice, firstly by her so-called her boyfriend and has extra curricular activities with Sekai behind the scenes but if that wasn't bad enough she's been stabbed in the back by Sakai, the one person she turned to for guidance - whatever way you choose to look at it that's pretty low. You can expect to be let down or hurt by a partner, but when a friend betrays you it hurts a lot more.
I think you're way too severe with Sekai: I know her behaviour may appear slutty, but she loves Makoto for real and it isn't just for sexual satisfaction.

Quote:
Any man who claims that he wouldn't want to be with two attractive young women is a liar, therefore it's pretty hypocritical to condemn Makoto for seizing the opportunity when it's literally handed to him on a platter.
I would like to be with two (or more... ) attractive women, of course, but I don't want to hurt anyone as well. Unlike many men I know I would tell the two the existence of the other from the beginning without lies and shit like that: if they agree to have a "shared guy" then I couldn't be more happy than that, but the probability is very very low.
What would I do then? Well I would choose the one I like the most, of course: between Sekai and Kotonoha I would choose Sekai without any second thougts. Tough Sekai is no match against Kotonoha on the physical level, I find Sekai much more smart, easygoing, relaxing and fresh than Kotonoha. Men don't like only huge breasts and compact buttocks!
If I go out with a girl I want to be myself without having to worry evrey single time if I said something wrong, if I did something wrong, if I hurt her feelings, if I'm too forceful, if I'm not too forceful... what a pain in the ass such a relationship would be!

Quote:
From what I've seen so far and after watching episode four a moment ago I can only assume that Sekai is using Makoto to fulfill her own desires, she wants him, but not within the confines of a relationship.
Makoto made clear he likes Kotonoha so what could Sekai do in such a situation? For you she's manipulating the both in order to satisfty her dirty slutty needs, for me she tried to make the person she loves happy, but the help is going out of hand and we've seen it in episode 4 very well.

Quote:
Of course this is my viewpoint after four episodes, I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out. I think we'll see what these characters are really made of when episode five rolls around.
Well the time will tell who is right and who is wrong between our two opinions!
Old 2007-07-30, 09:04   Link #1090
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
^ though she is the root of the problem yea i agree that sekai should be with kotonoha seen as the both like ecchi stuff ~ that was kotonoha can remain innocent

Typo im sure death, but just the same I think your onto something there.

Well in the end im hoping for a sekaixmakoto ending because they are a cute pair in a non-conventional sorta way...barring that though yuri never hurts.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 09:06   Link #1091
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
^ though she is the root of the problem yea i agree that sekai should be with kotonoha seen as the both like ecchi stuff ~ that was kotonoha can remain innocent

That's a very interesting thought you have there
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 09:09   Link #1092
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Deathkillz I read your opinions about episode 4 and they are very interesting, especially regarding Sekai:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Regarding Makoto: you're over-estimating him way to much saying he's using things Kotonoha said against her and such. He's just a dog full of hormones and so he wants to touch, to grope, to kiss (with tongue, of course) and go further and further. The rest doesn't count to him... as long as he can satisfy his istincts. In this condition it's only obvious he doesn't understand women... in fact he's so baka he doesn't understand anything.
Kotonoha, on the other end, is way too indecisive, shy and full of doubts: I hate the girls who dreams about the knight in white armor! Get real and teenager dear Kotonoha, you aren't in kidgarden anymore!
well i didnt mean that she was a slut but her behaviour certainly is putting her closer to that category ~ even if it is just too makoto she should really be more reserved especially because she isnt the one having a relationship with makoto right now...the ones who are having a relationship is makoto and kotonoha so she has no right to offer any special training of this kind ~ it just screams for disaster to occur how do you think kotonoha would feel if she found this out? pretty heart broken i would supposed but interesting in a way if she starts to play reverse matchmaking ~
in any case sekai's actions where too drastic for the situation and the fact that she would have let makoto carry on if the phone didnt go off was inexcusable for her as a person...you can only imagine the frustration i am feeling watching her play around with makoto without actually confirming anything ~ leads me to believe that she wants him as much as he wants to bed kotonoha...

and for makoto hes a lot smarter at making someone feel bad that what he is letting on ~ he knows that it would hurt her feelings to say such things and a man using the classic old "but you promised and now what?" *goes sulk in a corner* trick is a depressing sight to see...this is the type of stuff you see from a spineless guy and oh lookie O.O twisting kotonoha's good intentions is no way forward...the slimy bastard his mind is only filled with pervertedness and nothing else ~
Quote:
villain...as i say there is no villain or hero in this series (besides maybe setsuna and kokoro) ~ there are only people with messed up morales and screwed around feelings...

as i say makoto is the messed up morales and sekai is screwing up the feelings...as for kotonoha? she is the victim
Quote:
It's been made explicitly clear from the beginning that Makoto and Kotonoha are not a good match in any conceivable way, they have next to nothing in common and can barely hold a simple conversation together, in fact the only one keeping their relationship afloat is Sekai who, for some baffling reason, is acting as the mediator between the two. Sekai likes Makoto, that's an established fact, the real question here (and it's a pretty big one) is exactly why Sekai is trying so hard to keep Makoto and Kotonoha together when they're clearly so mismatched. If anyone's the 'victim' in this story thusfar it's Kotonoha who's been betrayed not once but twice, firstly by her so-called her boyfriend and has extra curricular activities with Sekai behind the scenes but if that wasn't bad enough she's been stabbed in the back by Sakai, the one person she turned to for guidance - whatever way you choose to look at it that's pretty low. You can expect to be let down or hurt by a partner, but when a friend betrays you it hurts a lot more.
mate...i couldnt have said it any better ~ + cookie for this

time and time again ive been questioning...if sekai wants makoto so much why the fck didnt she allow them to break up themselves? using super glue in this case is not going to fixe personality clashes

Quote:
And what of Makoto he's a 'victim' too if you think about it, the same day he captured the girl of his dreams Sekai was locking lips with him on the train platform - she kissed him. Look at it from his point of view, he's a moron who's suddenly got two girls to juggle relationships with, on one hand we've got the busty but shy Kotonoha, she's every mans dream girl with got curves in all the right places, the only downside is that she's frustratingly shy and withdrawn. On the other we've got the feisty Sakai who is exciting, fun to be around and sexually uninhibited, in many ways she's the ultimate tease. I'm sure we'd all like to believe that any self-respecting man would have made a choice at this point and would stick to it but would they really? If you males out there were in Makoto's shoes what would you do? I'm sure we'd all like to think we'd do the right thing, but would we really? Most men never get the chance to experience what Makoto's going through, can we really blame him for just going with the flow and seeing what happens here? Any man who claims that he wouldn't want to be with two attractive young women is a liar, therefore it's pretty hypocritical to condemn Makoto for seizing the opportunity when it's literally handed to him on a platter.
and didnt i say before that sekai was the start of all the problems? i do not in any case see kotonoha's shyness as any disadvantage btw ~ people like that often have have their motives for being reserved (unlike slutty sekai) and it just shows that she has more depth as a human with beauty covered on top...the problem with sekai is that she is more of a match with makoto (yep both bakas) yet she is forcing an unwanted fragile relationship while at the same time sexually teasing makoto...WTF ~ this is obviously contradicting:

on one side you are trying to matchmake a couple by playing cupid but on the other side you are constantly teasing the male? practice or whatever i dont care but that first kiss in ep 1 was uncalled for...

it really depends on what kind of male you are to be able to answer that question...and for makoto with no brains and a huge urge for cheap casual sex then obviously he would not suit with an oujo sama like kotonoha...still thank sekai for being the super glue...

Quote:
From what I've seen so far and after watching episode four a moment ago I can only assume that Sekai is using Makoto to fulfill her own desires, she wants him, but not within the confines of a relationship. She's quite happy for Makoto to be with Kotonoha because the stupid mistakes that he makes with her time and time again is what keeps Makoto running back to Sekai for advice and 'special training', maybe Sakai fears that without Kotonoha Makoto would have no reason to spend time with her at all.
my thoughts exactally...so far we have seen that they have no reason to be together except for discussion love matters...if kotonoha wasnt there then makoto has no reason to talk sekai and vice versa ~ and thinking that sekai would be smarter than that im a fool...

Quote:
This is what makes School Days such a great (and in some minds, dangerous) show, it's making a bold statement about the nature of relationships and sexuality in the twenty-first century, a statement that very few people are willing to accept or acknowledge. To put it simply; School Days is saying that in todays modern world when it comes to sex women can be just as predatory and manipulative as men, the only reason people look at Makoto as the villain in this story is because it's unpopular to believe that a cute and precious young woman could possibly be a scheming bitch who cares about nothing but her own personal satisfaction. Comments like "We forgive Sakai because she's cute" illustrate exactly how well this show deceives its audience, right now I'm confident that episode five could consist of Sakai feasting of a box of live kittens while Makoto runs around performing random good deeds but as long as Sakai did her 'sad face' routine or cried a bit at the end people would still root for her over Makoto.

amen

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-07-30, 09:09   Link #1093
Maritime
Oceanic

I purposely didn't use the word slutty to describe Sekai because of it's negative connotations, for the record I don't think Sakai's slutty at all she's just sexually uninhibited which when compared to the super shy Kotonoha may seem slutty by comparison. Sakai and Kotonoha are total opposites, Kotonoha represents a long-term commitment whereas Sakai is a quick fling for fun, it's not difficult to understand why Makoto might get frustrated with someone like Kotonoha after being around Sekai for so long, after all Sekai's a thrill whereas Kotonoha somewhat of a bore by comparison.

Why is it so hard to accept that a woman may want no-strings-attached sex? It's remarkable how the most twisted and heinous of stories all of a sudden become palatable when people start mentioning the word 'Love'?

Does Sekai really love Makoto? At this point it's difficult to tell, she hasn't explicitly stated it but she did cry after kissing him, but was that because she wanted him but couldn't have him or because she felt guilty for betraying Kotonoha? At this point it's hard not to take a dim view of Sekai, she's worked hard to build a relationship between Makoto and Kotonoha but thinks nothing of seducing him while Kotonoha is out of the picture. Makoto's certainly deserving of a fair share of the blame but he's little more than a brainless pawn who can't believe that such an amazing fantasy has crept into his meaningless little life. What about Kotonoha herself? Is she entirely faultless? She's stated many times that she's envious of Sakai's relationship with Makoto, any normal girl would have told Sekai to back off right there and then or taken their boyfriend to the side and laid down the law. Though it wouldn't be fair to blame Kotonoha for what Sakai and Makoto did can we blame her for not taking action that could have prevented it?

School Days is a love story, there's no doubt about that, however it's about love taken to the most vile and disturbing extreme, regardless of how this story plays out I'm confident that there will be no happy end to this tale.

Thanks for the +reps btw!
Old 2007-07-30, 09:12   Link #1094
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Typo im sure death, but just the same I think your onto something there.

haha suxs XD that what you get for brain lagging :3
but sure why not? makoto doesnt deserve anyone

Quote:
What about Kotonoha herself? Is she entirely faultless? She's stated many times that she's envious of Sakai's relationship with Makoto, any normal girl would have told Sekai to back off right there and then or taken their boyfriend to the side and laid down the law. Though it wouldn't be fair to blame Kotonoha for what Sakai and Makoto did can we blame her for not taking action that could have prevented it?
that would be out of character for kotonoha ~ you think that a shy girl could really raise her voice up even in situations like this? and the fact that she truely trusts sekai which makes it all the more tragic...betrayal is going to be a hard lesson for this girl to swallow unfortunatly...and i wonder what would happen if she where to snap

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-07-30 at 09:23.
Old 2007-07-30, 09:24   Link #1095
ipernorris

Quote:
Why is it so hard to accept that a woman may want no-strings-attached sex? It's remarkable how the most twisted and heinous of stories all of a sudden become palatable when people start mentioning the word 'Love'?
Well the fact that men and women seek different things from a relationship isn't anything new, is it?
Anyway it's not like I don't accept the women who dreams about romantic love, the knight in white armor and such: but I find all that quite boring!
It's not like I want to have sex the first time I go out with a girl, but at least don't make my head hurting with unmotivated doubts and fears.

Quote:
At this point it's hard not to take a dim view of Sekai, she's worked hard to build a relationship between Makoto and Kotonoha but thinks nothing of seducing him while Kotonoha is out of the picture.
Can't it be that the situation is just getting out of her control because of she's passing so much time near the boy she loves? It could be a clever plan in order to reach this result on Sekai's part, sure, but it can be like I say too.

Quote:
School Days is a love story, there's no doubt about that, however it's about love taken to the most vile and disturbing extreme, regardless of how this story plays out I'm confident that there will be no happy end to this tale.
Kotonoha goes berserk and kills them?
Well it would be original for sure!
Old 2007-07-30, 09:27   Link #1096
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Kotonoha going berserk is out of her character, but what would I know
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 09:40   Link #1097
Maritime
Oceanic

I can see that being the ending to the anime.
Old 2007-07-30, 09:43   Link #1098
Shirozoku

Anyways, i actually hope they're not aiming for a bad ending to the anime, I would like a rather quiet romantic and hot ending instead, be it either Kotonoha or Sekai.

The only bad ending i would agree to is if one of the characters get involved in a accident leaving the two others to love each other :3
(Note, thats the only one i will tolerate)

But i really don't understand why everybody flames Makoto, i've managed to put myself in his situation (i've been in a situation quite like this one, exept that it ended rather quickly and rather painfully from my side) and i bet that quite alot of people would 'ave been as confused as him, and besides...he's a man, every man in his age is boiling with hormones.

Anyways, love the series and hope for a romantic happy ending :]

Last edited by Skyfall; 2007-07-30 at 10:10. Reason: Do not hint at the game endings.
Shirozoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 09:53   Link #1099
ipernorris

Quote:
I can see that being the ending to the anime.
The girls are scaring!
Old 2007-07-30, 10:28   Link #1100
Maritime
Oceanic

Sorry Mod, I thought game spoilers were allowed if they were behind clearly labeled spoiler tags.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere