Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-19, 22:49   Link #1
LittleFish
Inactive Member

Boboboubo Boubobo [BEST]

I was looking foreward to watchin this anime, but then I downloaded the first episode of this series, subbed by [BEST]. I was outraged, this wasn't even a fansub. It just had offensive text called subtitles that did NOT follow the story. Does anybody know what other gruop(s) might be subbing this series, or can anybody confirm the crappiness of this fansub (group)?
Old 2003-11-19, 23:04   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

you might wana read this thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1255
Old 2003-11-20, 20:31   Link #3
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Lol.

[drama]

I made it. I wanted it to be as horrible as possible, while being amusing in its horrendousness, and I think I accomplished that. Why? Because I speak Japanese at a kindergarten level, which is enough for ME to know what's going on, yet not enough to translate it to English. I couldn't make it highly accurate if I tried. I was hoping members of REAL groups would see it and pick it up after watching my abomination of a fansub. I love Boboboubo, and understand it decently well. However, it would take me on the order of 2-3 weeks to put something halfway decent out with my Japanese skill level. I just want the show to get some publicity. Several real groups have contacted me saying they want to pick it up, but unfortunately most seem to lack a translator. Sorry to offend you with the crappiness of the subtitles. If you watched it until the ending theme, you'd see I talked about that briefly.

[/drama]
Old 2003-11-20, 21:03   Link #4
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

That's no excuse because Boboboubo Boubobo uses kindergarten-level Japanese. I read "Learn Japanese Today", which introduces roughly 300 kanji, and I could understand most of the manga.

You could have at least asked for help subtitling.
Old 2003-11-21, 03:10   Link #5
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
That's no excuse because Boboboubo Boubobo uses kindergarten-level Japanese. I read "Learn Japanese Today", which introduces roughly 300 kanji, and I could understand most of the manga.

You could have at least asked for help subtitling.
Knowing kanji doesn't really matter here, because anime for the most part is SPOKEN. Sure, I can read about 100 kanji, which puts me at a first grade reading level, but I don't know where you're getting that Boubobo uses kindergarten-level Japanese. The series is FILLED with puns, colloquialisms, obscure slang and even the occasional completely contrived word. Sure, there's a lot of really simple stuff in it -- some of which I even decided to translate correctly. However, without throwing myself into a brothel in Tokyo's redlight district for a few months, I'm not about to learn some of the weirdness that's in Boboubo. If you and your "Learn Japanese Today" and its 300 kanji give you such wonderous understanding of Japanese, how about you sub it?

Why didn't I ask for help? Simple. I'm busy. I have tons of college work to get done. I didn't want to spend more than 3 hours on this, and I didn't. I'm not a fansubber. I'm a fan who made something stupid in a fit of crazed desperation.

*huggles*
Old 2003-11-21, 11:17   Link #6
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Chikushou, LOL, reading your reply makes me want to go and fansub Legend Of The Condor Heroes life-action. At the rate they are subbing, it will take 3 years+ to finish, I can do it in 2 months with poor translation. Maybe I'll help them time instead.

Last edited by Don Eunuch; 2003-11-21 at 12:11.
Old 2003-11-22, 01:16   Link #7
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Chikushou, do you know where to get the raws other than Winny?

By the way, all you SA goons who are stopping by here as part of your dedicated campaign to ridicule all the plebeians who have not paid $10 for your forums, here's a special picture I made just for you:

Welcome back to Planet Earth, how may we serve you?
Old 2003-11-22, 06:36   Link #8
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Chikushou, do you know where to get the raws other than Winny?

Nope, I'm not sure of a reliable source for the raws. I got them from now dead torrents that were on alluvion.
Closed Thread