AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-21, 11:47   Link #10361
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Extended preview. Every single screen is from Stage 1. That doesn't even qualify as a recap. Don't be such a fool.
Spoiler for original lines:
Translation:
I might have been a wanderer long since that day.
Sick of this world that couldn't be changed, but even in my lies, I refuse to give up in despair.
Yes. My name, my experience, and the power I've obtained...
All of these might have been paving the path to finding the "truth".
Therefore...

This corresponds to the climax of Stage 1:
I've been lying to myself long since that day.
Lying about being alive.
My name is a lie. My experience is a lie. Nothing but lies.
Sick of this world that couldn't be changed, but even in my lies, I refuse to give up in despair.
But I've obtained this power.
Therefore...

BTW I watched Stage 1 to make sure of this, and am surprised at how much Lelouch's voice has changed. Both old and new are sexy anyway.

This shows Lelouch's growth in the series.
Taniguchi really likes to do corresponding scenes in the beginning and end. He's done that in GunXSword and previous works. He's done that in Code Geass season 1 (ending of Stage 23). Now the preview of the finale. I can feel his love in this series.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-09-21 at 12:19.
Old 2008-09-21, 11:54   Link #10362
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post

BTW I watched Stage 1 to make sure of this, and am surprised at how much Lelouch's voice has changed. Both old and new are sexy anyway.
Taniguchi really likes to do corresponding scenes in the beginning and end. He's done that in GunXSword and previous works. He's done that in Code Geass season 1 (ending of Stage 23). Now the preview of the finale. I can feel his love in this series.
Fukuyama really did change his voice for Lelouch over time. His older one sounded like many of his older roles, but his voice now seems unique for Lelouch. You can't just feel the love of Taniguchi in Code Geass, you can feel all of the VA love as well.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2008-09-21 at 12:08.
Old 2008-09-21, 12:01   Link #10363
azarhal

Quote:
Extended preview. Every single screen is from Stage 1. That doesn't even qualify as a recap. Don't be such a fool.
Translation:
I might have been a wonderer long since that day.
All of these might be paving the path to finding the "truth".

Therefore...
Is it me or Lelouch is still trying to find his true self?
Old 2008-09-21, 12:01   Link #10364
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Translation:
I might have been a wonderer long since that day.
All of these might be paving the path to finding the "truth".
Therefore...

This corresponds to the climax of Stage 1:
I've been lying to myself long since that day.
Lying about being alive.
My name is a lie. My experience is a lie. Nothing but lies.
But I've obtained this power.
Therefore...

Thank you!
It's great to see it corresponding his first epic speech.
Old 2008-09-21, 12:09   Link #10365
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

I wonder if this has been mentioned before, so forgive me if it has been said before.

Since we are all wondering about what Zero's Requiem is, I was thinking if the dissolving of the Brittiania Empire is one of the goals. The geassed Brittiania troops, Lelouch's usage of them as disposable shock troops, geassing of the royalties and perhaps he kept them within the Pendragon, as he probably predicted that Schneizel would use Freya on an important site to announce his attack on Brittiania. The destruction of troops and royalty would certainly cause a collapse of the Empire.
Old 2008-09-21, 12:14   Link #10366
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Is it me or Lelouch is still trying to find his true self?
Sorry. I forget about tenses sometimes. ;_; (There's no tense in my mother language.)

It's...
Old 2008-09-21, 12:14   Link #10367
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

QUESTION!
The next ep is ending, right? But isn't that 50 episodes not 52 as in other series?
Also.
Do the spoilers say something about the next emperor or empress?
Boy, i love asking questions. XD
Old 2008-09-21, 12:27   Link #10368
prototype_sky

My predictions were pretty close for episode 24 except for CC switch places with Suzaku.

My Speculation for s2 25

The fact that CC got away means that Lulu is definitely going to live through this
I have a felling that

We'll have suzaku fighting Kallen with Kallen dominating in the beginning she'll be bitching about suzaku being a bastard etc. She'll probably come close to owning him then somehow suzaku makes a cameback (Maybe even orange come in for some payback ). Suzaku tells her his selfless reasons for fighting then disables gurren and spin kicks her out of the way from the fortress then proceeds back into the fortress with his heavily damaged albion.

I am guessing the final Fliea will destroy the fortress so if Nunnally hits the switch
She and her brother and whoever is on that thing will disappear

The Fortress will then ascend into the sky and the fliea warhead will go off and everyone will assume than nunnally, schneizel, lulu and suzaku are dead . Unless Lulu order Schneizel to evacute as well

I think the reason why CC, Suzaku, Schniezel and Nunnally are show in the start of the intro because they are the ones that are assumed KIA in the ending

Then we shall have all the mass murders on the show paired up with each other Nunnally x Suzaku and Lulu x CC
Old 2008-09-21, 12:27   Link #10369
Velden

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
QUESTION!
The next ep is ending, right? But isn't that 50 episodes not 52 as in other series?
Also.
Do the spoilers say something about the next emperor or empress?
Boy, i love asking questions. XD

-Yes, It´s 50 episodes.
-All seems to indicate that there won´t be a new empress or emperor at all, Cornelia even doubted that the title of princess does have any value now. If that´s true...what will happen to Nunnaly if she survives?...probably Lelouch will geass her and made her forget his existance...
Old 2008-09-21, 12:32   Link #10370
C.C.
Gray Witch

Quote:
Translation:
I might have been a wanderer long since that day.
Therefore...

Thank you very much!!! ^-^
I hope that the fact that he's talking in a past tense means that the series will end some years after! *-*
Old 2008-09-21, 12:36   Link #10371
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
My predictions were pretty close for episode 24 except for CC switch places with Suzaku.

My Speculation for s2 25

The fact that CC got away means that Lulu is definitely going to live through this
I have a felling that

We'll have suzaku fighting Kallen with Kallen dominating in the beginning she'll be bitching about suzaku being a bastard etc. She'll probably come close to owning him then somehow suzaku makes a cameback (Maybe even orange come in for some payback ). Suzaku tells her his selfless reasons for fighting then disables gurren and spin kicks her out of the way from the fortress then proceeds back into the fortress with his heavily damaged albion.

I am guessing the final Fliea will destroy the fortress so if Nunnally hits the switch
She and her brother and whoever is on that thing will disappear

The Fortress will then ascend into the sky and the fliea warhead will go off and everyone will assume than nunnally, schneizel, lulu and suzaku are dead . Unless Lulu order Schneizel to evacute as well

I think the reason why CC, Suzaku, Schniezel and Nunnally are show in the start of the intro because they are the ones that are assumed KIA in the ending

Then we shall have all the mass murders on the show paired up with each other Nunnally x Suzaku and Lulu x CC
I feel the same.
Old 2008-09-21, 12:50   Link #10372
Lelouch71
Black Angel

If Lelouch does live I do see him living with Suzaku, Nunnally, and possibly C.C. in hiding while faking their death. He didn't get his wish for everyone to come back for the fireworks, but he at least can look towards the future.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:04   Link #10373
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch71 View Post
If Lelouch does live I do see him living with Suzaku, Nunnally, and possibly C.C. in hiding while faking their death. He didn't get his wish for everyone to come back for the fireworks, but he at least can look towards the future.
I don't see that happening (easily). Remember, Suzaku and Kallen are about be engaged in a battle with EPIC written all over it, while Nunnally, now knowing the truth about her brother=zero, is challenging her brother to geass her (and the sight of her eyes is shocking enough to him).
Old 2008-09-21, 13:05   Link #10374
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post

You kind of contradicted yourself there... it's Schneizel in the beginning (like you first said) not Lelouch... and you could also consider the pairing of Suzaku x Euphy for "mass murderers." I honestly think the only correlation of the people in the beginning (Schneizel, Suzaku, C.C., Nunnally) is that they are the people closest to Lelouch and his plan... friend/enemy, hated brother, beloved sister, giver of Geass. All were needed to bring the Zero Requiem about.

Also, too many people (Kallen, Cornelia, Schneizel, Kanon probably Cecil and Lloyd) all know that C.C. is immortal, so I doubt they would believe that she was killed in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBladeX View Post
I wonder if this has been mentioned before, so forgive me if it has been said before.

Since we are all wondering about what Zero's Requiem is, I was thinking if the dissolving of the Brittiania Empire is one of the goals. The geassed Brittiania troops, Lelouch's usage of them as disposable shock troops, geassing of the royalties and perhaps he kept them within the Pendragon, as he probably predicted that Schneizel would use Freya on an important site to announce his attack on Brittiania. The destruction of troops and royalty would certainly cause a collapse of the Empire.
Well, we know that the Zero Requiem is for "a tomorrow". It's been brought up a lot that Lelouch has been fighting for "tomorrow", while Charles was fighting for the past and Schneizel the present. I think part of the Zero Requiem is to realize that for a tomorrow to happen, the playing field needs to be evened a bit. You can't have greedy people in power with troops at their disposal, or the fighting will never end. This would account for the fact that Lelouch was willing to sacrifice so many of his forces and not care about the Pendragon, Britannia is now literally in chaos. The only other main fighting force was the BK's, since all other countries had to dispose of their own militaries to join the UFN and only count on the BK's as kind of mercenary soldiers for them... Schneizel says in the episode that the BK's are pretty much defeated. Nina has also come up with a countermeasure for FLEIJA. So in the course of the battle, Lelouch managed to get rid of all dominating military powers and effectively render FLEIJA useless, since there is now a countermeasure.

Another thing: We've all talked about how Nunnally is Lelouch's biggest obstacle. I've got to say, that when she opened her eyes, I found it rather pointless as anything more than a cliffhanger. When Lelouch and Suzaku got on to the Damocles, Suzaku said "one must die, and one must live"... well, Lelouch has already Geass-ed Schneizel and he is alive. So the one that must die, we have to assume, is Nunnally. (Or so the plan was) This brings the whole series full circle.... that Lelouch must defeat what he started out fighting for. Nunnally being able to open her will make it all the more difficult for Lelouch. Hopefully, he will be able to do it, or else nothing will have really changed in the series.... he will have come all that way to be defeated by the thing he has supposed to have overcome. It will be nothing more than a mirror for his concession to Euphy as "his greatest opponent" at the founding of SAZ of Japan in Season 1.

It's also funny how most people assumed the Zero Requiem was for Lelouch to be made the common enemy of everyone and for the world to rise up against him... turns out that was really Schneizel's plan hehehe. So the Zero Requiem can't be that.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:07   Link #10375
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch71 View Post

That would change nothing about the series. It would mean even though Lelouch went through so many things as the Zero (fighting for Nunnally), the Zero (fighting for the dreams of the people), the man behind the mask, and Emperor... he winds up STILL being someone that simply fakes his death to escape (like he did with Nunnally in the beginning?). That would be a terrible ending with ZERO character change.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:11   Link #10376
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
Another thing: We've all talked about how Nunnally is Lelouch's biggest obstacle. I've got to say, that when she opened her eyes, I found it rather pointless as anything more than a cliffhanger.
It's not pointless at all. It creates the dilemma of whether or not to geass Nunnally, and as such feeds perfectly into Lelouch coming full circle.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:14   Link #10377
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
It's not pointless at all. It creates the dilemma of whether or not to geass Nunnally, and as such feeds perfectly into Lelouch coming full circle.
And it further implies that people might be able to overcome Geass through their own will
Old 2008-09-21, 13:16   Link #10378
Nakorius

i see it this way:

after all the fighting, Kallen and nunally are in a hospital, Kallen from battle wounds. Nunnaly lost her eyes during an explosion (sic).
Suzaku and Lulu go to visit them.. Lulu goes first to Nunnaly:
L: Hi sis..
N: Im so so sorry for trying to kill you nissan..
L: No problem.. Im indestructable..
N but at least i saw your face again..< some small talk>

at the same time Suzaku visits Kallen:
<small talk>
K: So you want to kill me?
S: No.. i could have done it earlier.. Tell me, do you love him?
K;..well.. yes..
S: Then tell him.. you better tell him..
<more small talk, lulu comes in to Kallens room, Suzaku leaves them>
L: How are you..
K: I.. i... Lulu i .. Im ok.. and im sorry for betraying you..
<small talk, lulu leaves, in the corridor>
S: She told you?
L: <thinking of the sorry for betrayal part> Yes she did..
S: Good..Then at least you die knowing someone loved you< pulls a knife and stabs lulu in the gut>
L: Loves?< he utters falling down>
S: She didnt tell you? <mental break down>
<Kallen at the mean time>
K: Ill tell him next time.. and then well go out for dinner.. yes for dinner..
<she hears nurses runing and screaming "The Emperor is dead!" then the camera shows one tear falling of her cheek...

The End
Old 2008-09-21, 13:18   Link #10379
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakorius View Post
i see it this way:

after all the fighting, Kallen and nunally are in a hospital, Kallen from battle wounds. Nunnaly lost her eyes during an explosion (sic).

<small talk>
K;..well.. yes..
S: Good..Then at least you die knowing someone loved you< pulls a knife and stabs lulu in the gut>
<she hears nurses runing and screaming "The Emperor is dead!" then the camera shows one tear falling of her cheek...

The End
That fucking sucks, you sentimental prick!!
Old 2008-09-21, 13:23   Link #10380
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakorius View Post
i see it this way:

<small talk>
K;..well.. yes..

The End
We already had somone that could've done it. Stop trying to replace him.

What would be the motive? Why would Suzaku kill Lelouch now? Is there a point in doing so? If he killed Lelouch, would the world not revolt around him?

Anyways, I'm not going to be critical, it was a joke anyways,

Tags
spoilers