AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-01, 02:21   Link #421
striderm
Adusa #1

Only 2-3 days max until we hear things about the new chapter. I'd say this is probably one of the most long-awaited chapters so far.
Old 2010-03-01, 14:16   Link #422
janipani

oh yeah xD I agree! I bet this manga is getting more interesting for now on.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-03-01, 14:55   Link #423
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

anyone know if oda going through something right now? I like the direction the manga is going but it seems like oda did a 180 on the atmosphere of the manga. the pervious 400+ chp didn't have any deaths worth mentioning and all sudden oda is going to kill off both Ace and Whitebeard? This is going to change luffy's character to a more darker mode with his big brother getting kill protecting him right in front of him.
Old 2010-03-01, 15:06   Link #424
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If Oda is going through anything, its probably his first experience as a father, which I think have no relation to One Piece.

I've long expected Luffy to get hit by something really serious, its essential to his development, especially for his Haki. He needs to be able to get serious to draw out his Haki and such an experience definitely will make him more serious in the future.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-03-01, 17:48   Link #425
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
If Oda is going through anything, its probably his first experience as a father, which I think have no relation to One Piece.

I've long expected Luffy to get hit by something really serious, its essential to his development, especially for his Haki. He needs to be able to get serious to draw out his Haki and such an experience definitely will make him more serious in the future.
On the second thought I am not sure do I like the idea of Luffy being aware of his Haki and being able to use it intentionally.

I have really enjoyed Luffy's haki displays so far because they have been so ...spontanous. I dont think it would be that great to see Luffy using calculated Haki bursts to bully weaker beings around.

With haki of Luffy's caliber he could use it like Shanks and eminate his presence and threat when going around knocking all weaker foes down without effort (Shanks boarding Whitebeard's ship). I dont think it would fit for carefree and adventorous charecter as Luffy.

I do like his development of Haki and I want to see more of situations where Luffy uses his Haki bursts in amazements of his friends/crew/enemys and after bursts Luffy is like 'huh?'.

So I say more haki but let Luffy be unaware of it at general and use it more of base of instinct instead in tactical sense.
Old 2010-03-01, 18:00   Link #426
james0246

^Luffy's pretty stupid, that is a fact, but I do not think he is quite stupid enough to not realize that people start collapsing around him when he gets really serious...

That being said, I agree that I do not want Luffy to just start pwning everyone with Haki "tricks". Rather, much like Akainu was able to overwhelm Marco's Haki, or Aokiji was able to overwhelm Jozu's Haki, future battles will simply be with Haki masters. In other words, everyone relevent will get a Haki "power-up" (if they haven't already), or different variations will be introduced, or special abilities will be shown via different opponents Haki (ala Jojo).
Old 2010-03-01, 18:56   Link #427
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
anyone know if oda going through something right now? I like the direction the manga is going but it seems like oda did a 180 on the atmosphere of the manga. the pervious 400+ chp didn't have any deaths worth mentioning and all sudden oda is going to kill off both Ace and Whitebeard? This is going to change luffy's character to a more darker mode with his big brother getting kill protecting him right in front of him.
The world of One Piece has always been dark, it's just has never effected Luffy. Keep in mind that in the world of One Piece if your not being opressed by the Goverment, your being oppressed by a pirate. Also remember that when East Blue is described its not described as the most peaceful ocean, but as the weakest ocean. The world is seen through strength.
Old 2010-03-01, 21:14   Link #428
marvelB

I most definitely agree with C.A. about all of Luffy's experiences from this storyline serving as a catalyst that will strengthen his Haki. I mean, how could he not gain anything after all the physical and mental trauma he went through since the Sabaody arc? Yes, I do believe it's safe to say that the young rookie's "ambition" will be further reinforced thanks to these events......

Also, I think I said this before, but I don't expect to see Luffy going through any drastic changes in character after this storyline's conclusion. While I'm sure that he'll become a little more serious (and maybe slightly more level-headed), he'll ultimately be the same ol' Luffy that we know and love. I also have no problem with him being consciously aware of his Haki, since it doesn't automatically guarantee that he'll be stronger than most folks in the Grand Line..... in fact, I'm rather certain that the reverse is true. After all, even if Luffy learns to control his Haki, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's mastered it, right? Guys like Whitebeard and Rayleigh have had years/decades to fully develop their Haki, which is why they can use it so effectively (like how Rayleigh concentrated his Haki burst in that auction to knock out everyone but the Straw-Hats, for instance). Luffy, on the other hand, will need a bit more time to develop the power of his "ambition", since it grows with each new experience he has. That's why I think it'll be interesting to see how Oda will handle Luffy's growth when he finally reaches the New World, since it's highly likely that a good majority of the enemies there will be Haki users, as well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
In other words, everyone relevent will get a Haki "power-up" (if they haven't already), or different variations will be introduced, or special abilities will be shown via different opponents Haki (ala Jojo).

Yeah, the different variations is pretty much something I'm expecting, as well. We already got a hint of the different ways Haki can be used during the Amazon Lily arc, so I think we can expect to see future characters/enemies use Haki in a much more creative fashion, as well (in conjunction with DF powers, weapons, etc.). Heh, imagine seeing a future enemy who can attack with Haki-enhanced farts!
Old 2010-03-02, 08:54   Link #429
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

haki infused Gomu Gomu no Fuusen
Old 2010-03-02, 13:08   Link #430
Azncoke123

No spoilers about the new chapter yet?
Old 2010-03-02, 13:10   Link #431
striderm
Adusa #1

Nope not yet. Very close though.
Old 2010-03-02, 15:08   Link #432
longnose-kun

Hey I have a question and I really don't know where to ask it soooo... Since Roger can hear the voice of all things, would that be a devil fruit or something else. I am thinking it is more along the lines of haki, but not exactly. More like a specific ability for those who possess the Will of D. Also, since Luffy hearing the voice of all things wouldn't really fit him, I feel each person who has the Will of D, has an ability that neither a devil fruit or haki can grant.
Old 2010-03-02, 15:09   Link #433
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
bone clay will live on for sure....when Maggelan was about to finish off Boney.....a Guard reported to him that blackbeard was in level 6 and was releasing all those legendary criminal... while Maggelan is shocked and stunned...Bone Clay quickly run away.....disguise him self as a marine and sail off freely into the sea XD
if bone clay is alive...i am sure that he will join luffy crew

now they got a damn pussy boy....and all we need left in his crew is a tom boy...haha
I doubt that Bon Clay will join the crew. Bon Clay's voice actor is the same as Franky. They both at times sounds bit too much alike. We don't notice it now, but if they were side by side more often I'm sure we would.

I'm thinking that Bon Clay might of escaped Impel Down when Black Beard also left. Leaving with all those prisoners I'm sure caused a scene. Funny how Blackbeard got all the criminals that Ivan told Bon Clay about. That anime episode even just aired. Funny how that works out.
Old 2010-03-02, 15:14   Link #434
Warlord90

Finally no spoilers. It would be better like this every week. For anyone who doesn't know what's going on, some Korean geeks have attacked the Japanese site that provides us with spoilers and due to the length of this internet war, we might not get spoilers for a while.

The Royal Shichibukai !!!
Old 2010-03-02, 15:38   Link #435
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord90 View Post
Finally no spoilers. It would be better like this every week. For anyone who doesn't know what's going on, some Korean geeks have attacked the Japanese site that provides us with spoilers and due to the length of this internet war, we might not get spoilers for a while.
I read that 50.000 Korean clicked on the reload button at the same time to make the server collapse, something like that.
Old 2010-03-02, 16:22   Link #436
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmill View Post
I read that 50.000 Korean clicked on the reload button at the same time to make the server collapse, something like that.
Wtf? They got nothing better to do than to piss us off? Let alone, 50,000??! Go play Starcraft or something, geez.
Old 2010-03-02, 16:26   Link #437
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Wtf? They got nothing better to do than to piss us off? Let alone, 50,000??! Go play Starcraft or something, geez.
I guess they are enraged that they didnt get Starcraft 2 beta keys...

Well I hope chapter wont be late, this isnt first time OP had brake but somehow these weeks have been oddly painful to wait.
Old 2010-03-02, 17:12   Link #438
striderm
Adusa #1

Trolls on the Internet are cruel. Children are cruel. Is this what they call a coincedence?

Last edited by striderm; 2010-03-02 at 23:00.
Old 2010-03-02, 21:11   Link #439
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yep yep the Koreans raped 2ch because they thought somewhere in it I think was making fun of Yuna Kim who is like the most famous icon in Korea now.

Some people have asked the U.S. to look into this as a cyber terrorism. yay!

Internet. Serious business.
Old 2010-03-02, 21:24   Link #440
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Some pics are out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Yep yep the Koreans raped 2ch because they thought somewhere in it I think was making fun of Yuna Kim who is like the most famous icon in Korea now.

Some people have asked the U.S. to look into this as a cyber terrorism. yay!

Internet. Serious business.

And I was wondering what was taking so long...
Closed Thread