AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-06, 02:03   Link #5641
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

No, Lelouch didn't go over the edge, he soared right past it and hit the stone wall of utter mental collapse. He fell off, landed on the pavement of self-sacrifice, rised up, got stabbed, fell back to said pavement.

It's simple :'D

Though I think you look too much into it, and please avoid in depth 'code theories'. I'd love to see you trolled and all, but that might not be good for you in the long run.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 03:51   Link #5642
Lord_Soth
Knight of Solamnia

Then what's the reason of handing fire proximity suits at the door, if not to use them?

/shrug
Old 2010-08-06, 13:53   Link #5643
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
No, Lelouch didn't go over the edge, he soared right past it and hit the stone wall of utter mental collapse. He fell off, landed on the pavement of self-sacrifice, rised up, got stabbed, fell back to said pavement.

It's simple :'D

Though I think you look too much into it, and please avoid in depth 'code theories'. I'd love to see you trolled and all, but that might not be good for you in the long run.
Who me? I stay away from those silly theories.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 11:25   Link #5644
Roxxas

i read this somewhere:

"The Code is the power of immortality, which C.C. has. The 98th Emperor of Britannia, Charles, has the Code. He transferred the Code to Lelouch while strangling him in episode 21. Lelouch wanted this, and he deliberately told Suzaku to not interfere.

However, the Code does not activate unless receiver dies first. This is shown when the nun kills C.C. after transferring the Code to her. Charle’s Code activated when he shot himself. Here is one of the big misconceptions that most people have: The transfer of the Code does not involve death of the transferrer. The nun was crazy and killed herself after she transferred her code. VV was injured from the battle and died. So basically, after episode 21, Lelouch had Charle’s Code (inactivated) and C.C’s contracted Geass.

When Lelouch got stabbed by Zero/Suzaku at the end, his Code was activated. What supports this is that Nunnally got Lelouch's memories when she touched him, just like Lelouch did when he touched C.C. back in Narita. The only way this could have happened is his Code activating. This pretty much confirms that he has the Code.

Unlike C.C., and Charles, who lost their Geasses because the people who contracted them died, Lelouch didn’t obtain C.C.’s Code and thus kept his Geass, while having the Code (which he obtained from Charles at the same time). Lelouch therefore has achieved CODE GEASS.

Basically, Lelouch is the person driving the cart in the last scene. He, who is now immortal, travels the brand new world he has created together with the also immortal C.C. C.C. talks to Lelouch in the end by saying: "Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you... well, I guess thats a little wrong... eh, Lelouch?"

Now comes the second big misconception. A lot of people say C.C. was just talking to the dead like with Marianne, that's not true. She could only talk to her because of the nature of her Geass which allowed her to implant herself into the "hearts" of others. That's how she was able to talk with Marianne. Lelouch's Geass was entirely different, meaning that she could only have spoken to him if he was there. Also, the fact that the cart driver is masking his features completely supports this fact, considering the fact that Lelouch is now considered dead."

This explanation seems to make A LOT of sense and also i finished watching season two a little while back and since then this has been on my mind: doesn't the the letter L translate to R in japanese? code geass R2 would actually be L2 which im assuming would be Lelouch Lamperouge. so in other words, he is now L.L. just like C.C. and V.V. ..... ummm so doesn't that mean the dude attained immortality throughout the entire anime with japanese audio, C.C. was called C2.
Roxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 11:29   Link #5645
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i'd attach the dead parrot sketch, but i'm not sure how.
so here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE

he's dead
gone
like the dodo
confirm repeatedly by the writer, director, staff, and just about anything else.
they actually changed the entire ending sequence in the compilation movie and gave C.C a monologue where she says "he's dead"
Old 2010-09-24, 11:44   Link #5646
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
they actually changed the entire ending sequence in the compilation movie and gave C.C a monologue where she says "he's dead"
Please tell me you people don't actually still consider this an argument against Lelouch being alive in the first place...
Old 2010-09-24, 11:44   Link #5647
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Yes Lelouch is alive as much as Rolo, Shirley, and Euphie are

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 01:59   Link #5648
D's Pear

On much the same old monotonous note.

Because it has occurred to me that since the inconvenience of having to use proxies is actually serving as a sufficient deterrent to keep me away from this site.

Can I use my real IP address again yet? Has the moderation here decided to stop being silly? Or has everyone given up on this place and let it go completely belly-up?
D's Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 02:16   Link #5649
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

This is hardly the place to ask such a thing, I would think.
Old 2010-09-26, 02:33   Link #5650
D's Pear

Then there is some other place on the boards where one can access their estranged former companions for opinions?
Old 2010-09-26, 02:43   Link #5651
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

You could PM a mod, or something like that. It's not like regular users can remove whatever blocks are obstructing your use of the forum.
Old 2010-09-26, 02:57   Link #5652
D's Pear

I think asking a mod if they've stopped being silly would be rather self-defeating.
Old 2010-09-28, 00:57   Link #5653
GundamFan0083

You're not Zongetsu are you?
I only ask because he has this thing about episode 25, and a certain cart-driver, that drives all of us crazy.
Old 2010-09-28, 07:15   Link #5654
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Just finished this and I'm still processing it all.

I'm saddened how it ended particularly after being a LelouchXKallen fanboy...

But a very engaging series nonetheless. The way the combat situations nearly always took a turn for the worse then only to be saved by some quick thinking entertained me the most.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 09:10   Link #5655
rinichan

This is kinda late but....I want to say my opinions in this matter....

C.C. monologue is from the OVA right? (Original Video Adaptation)...

You know what this OVA monologue of CC from 2009 just clearly indicates.

if ever Lelouch is alive, sure thing is, C.C. and Lelouch is not together.if ever he lives. Clearly the staff , production crew, etc overall Sunrise is balancing the pairing wars with this...

Sorry bout my English ha....

Just asking a question... any new news yet? about that gaiden (side story)thing???
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 11:07   Link #5656
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
This is kinda late but....I want to say my opinions in this matter....

C.C. monologue is from the OVA right? (Original Video Adaptation)...

You know what this OVA monologue of CC from 2009 just clearly indicates.

if ever Lelouch is alive, sure thing is, C.C. and Lelouch is not together.if ever he lives. Clearly the staff , production crew, etc overall Sunrise is balancing the pairing wars with this...

Sorry bout my English ha....

Just asking a question... any new news yet? about that gaiden (side story)thing???
Lelouch is not alive.
Okouchi already said this in Continue #42 October 2008 issue.

However, Sunrise did release this promotional poster which suggests where Lelouch would have been (somwhere rural and remote) and who he'd be with, (that's CC in the distance) had he lived.

Old 2010-09-29, 07:49   Link #5657
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Lelouch is not alive.
Okouchi already said this in Continue #42 October 2008 issue.

However, Sunrise did release this promotional poster which suggests where Lelouch would have been (somwhere rural and remote) and who he'd be with, (that's CC in the distance) had he lived.

I know that already I already read that in the previous years the interview from newtype, animage etc, I also saw an article from a jap mag (forgot where it from) listing all the deceased characters in CG.

But isn't it a little annoying for them to just enlist the name Lelouch as dead but we see the other characters had their whole name enlisted???

I am just saying that if ever Lelouch is alive that doesnt mean he is w/ C.C becoz of the 2009 OVAdaptation monologue. I guess there's nothing wrong w/ that.

About the poster:
so that means the other Lelouch is still alive and the other lelouch is dead.
When exactly this poster was issued? past 2008 or 2009, coz frankly I saw new official images of Lelouch together w/ C.C and Kallen from this years Newtype mags....
Spoiler:

Anyway any new official arts out there?

Spoiler for this forum is amazing for me....:

If anyone was been hurt of what I say, sorry and please excuse me...

Last edited by rinichan; 2010-09-29 at 21:50.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 17:51   Link #5658
Roxxas

if i were on the creative/directing team of code geass id also say that he's dead just to keep the masses talking about it. i wouldnt outright say yea he lives.

i still think he is alive i mean why the heck would they show an origami crane on the cart with c.c. ? lelouch's sis used to make them, so doesnt that imply lelouch kept one as a memento? i see no reason for c.c. to have that origami crane for herself. im telling you, lelouch is the cart driver and that origami crane is proof (a memento of nanully)
Old 2010-09-30, 18:15   Link #5659
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
i still think he is alive i mean why the heck would they show an origami crane on the cart with c.c.
Because C.C. can make origami cranes too and she did it in memory of Lelouch?

Nunally doesn't need a memento, she isn't dead. She wasn't the one killed by Zero.

Accept it, or I will go Zetsubou Bunny on you.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 20:55   Link #5660
Roxxas

nope. not accepting it :P

bring on the Zetsubou Bunny