Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 13:02   Link #301
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's been out for a while.

The expansion also improved the game massively, and most of the problems RQ had has been dealt with, bringing the overall enjoyment of the game to a whole new level.

Also, please note, that the two additional Mouri sisters only appeared with limited-time April Fools patch, and is no longer available.
It's questionable to consider it canon.
Yeah but I haven't followed news much since the translation project stalled.

I know full well how the Ranceverse like a lot of games handles canon, I was just amused by the characters showing up to begin with, especially Gigai.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 17:25   Link #302
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Btw a interface patch was released. But it doesn't work with the latest patch. Apparently today is hanny day over at alicesoft.
Old 2012-10-30, 23:33   Link #303
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Man is this thread dead... i'd thought it'd be more active too. Well alicesoft released some sketches for characters for rance 9 if anyone cares.
Old 2012-10-31, 08:49   Link #304
willx
Nyaaan~~

Well, Sengoku Rance was fully english patched so that brought a lot of additional attention to the series. I have so far heard there isn't much interest in doing RQ.

I remember back when I was like.. 15-16? I played and finished "Kichiku ou Rance" the first SRPG of the Rance series without being able to understand Japanese.. Heck, because I didn't know about unicode settings it was outright gibberish. I never did get the "good" ending though.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 09:12   Link #305
tsunade666

I'm still waiting for a playable english even if machine translation patch for rance quest magnum. I played rance quest and finished it but not the magnum because there isn't a patched for it (even if machine translation) or is there a made up patch for magnum that works?
Old 2012-10-31, 13:42   Link #306
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Well, Sengoku Rance was fully english patched so that brought a lot of additional attention to the series. I have so far heard there isn't much interest in doing RQ.
You should spend some time in the Alicesoft General on /vg/ there's a lot of interest in the whole series, pretty sure RQ, Rance 6 and stuff are being worked on right now. I haven't checked progress in a while but it's not being done by that group that stalled and gave up.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-10-31, 13:46   Link #307
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
You should spend some time in the Alicesoft General on /vg/ there's a lot of interest in the whole series, pretty sure RQ, Rance 6 and stuff are being worked on right now. I haven't checked progress in a while but it's not being done by that group that stalled and gave up.
the status on 6 & 8 is Oh Hold

3 and 5D is continuing.

looks like Daiteikoku is on hold as well, lack of translator.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-10-31 at 13:56.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 15:42   Link #308
willx
Nyaaan~~

Yeah, well let me rephrase .. there might be interest from people to play those games, but there has been only moderate interest in translating it? There are a number of other games, ero or not, that people have been putting more energy towards..

Simple VNs are also much easier to translate when you don't have to have artists redo buttons, menus and other stuff too.. I'm actually surprised the Daiteikoku translation has gone as far as it has and that Big Bang Age was fully translated. (I've heard a lot of people think rather poorly of Daiakuji, so that's definitely not a focus) Oh, and Daiteikoku was such a huge step back in regards to gameplay.. it made me so sad..

So, getting back on topic, Sengoku Rance has officially warped my mind when it comes to Uesugi Kenshin.. I will forever associate that historical figure with a gorgeous warrior princess that eats a ton!
Old 2012-11-03, 14:01   Link #309
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm still waiting for a playable english even if machine translation patch for rance quest magnum. I played rance quest and finished it but not the magnum because there isn't a patched for it (even if machine translation) or is there a made up patch for magnum that works?
Someone made a interface patch. Some parts are translated. The only problem is you need to have the version the interface patch was made for to make it work. You just won't be able to do the mission with the hannies.

Slim chance that Rance Quest will ever fully get translated. The guy who originally did sengoku is real busy with real life now and hes still trying to finish majikoi.
Old 2012-11-04, 14:58   Link #310
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the status on 6 & 8 is Oh Hold

3 and 5D is continuing.
5D is introduction of Rizna right? and 6 is Magic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post

So, getting back on topic, Sengoku Rance has officially warped my mind when it comes to Uesugi Kenshin.. I will forever associate that historical figure with a gorgeous warrior princess that eats a ton!
She eats huge ricetriangle (I can't call it rice ball anymore) I also like her as a heroine. Cute first love at first sight and Rance only thinks of banging her
Old 2012-11-04, 15:51   Link #311
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
She eats huge ricetriangle (I can't call it rice ball anymore) I also like her as a heroine. Cute first love at first sight and Rance only thinks of banging her
Actually, Rance has no idea how to deal with her .. in fact being around her freaks him out at first.

"Like.. you.. really love me!?" *blushes and runs away* (WTF am I doing!?)
Old 2012-11-04, 15:56   Link #312
Xacual

It was his first experience with a straightforward pure girl, Rance couldn't help it.

Old 2012-11-04, 20:12   Link #313
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

He's used to all types of girls. Pure girls, rebellious girls, tsundere girls. All of that! But never a STRAIGHTFOWARD Innocent Pure Lady! No man, not even Rance himself can take those types easily...
Old 2012-11-05, 19:04   Link #314
tsunade666

True Rance run away when Kenshin confess. Though I find that hilarious. I find it cute when she is asking Ai for advice because its her first time feeling like that and Ai's reaction towards her having a crush on Rance is also priceless.
Old 2012-12-22, 11:22   Link #315
flaviovisi

i have a problem

Guys i wanted to declare war on miko institute but i cant.
Could u guys know why.
flaviovisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 14:42   Link #316
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

You must first "visit" the Miko Institute 3 times before declaring war on them.
Old 2013-03-26, 13:13   Link #317
foxy69

is someone still here?
just do some check up on this thread..

btw what different between rance 8 n magnum?
i already download rance quest but still not translated yet, is it the translation progress still on hold?
foxy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 22:55   Link #318
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy69 View Post
is someone still here?
just do some check up on this thread..

btw what different between rance 8 n magnum?
i already download rance quest but still not translated yet, is it the translation progress still on hold?
No. Threads like these tend to die. Since they aren't moeblobs. It adds a bunch of new stuff. New scenario (Rance ends on a happier note). A different end game boss. Also those tada patches... No idea about the translation progression. The group who was doing it either got nuked. Or quit altogether. I remember the guy who had the script or translations or w.e disappeared. A interface patch floating around, but you need magnum in order for it to work if I remember correctly. You honestly don't really need a translations patch to play rance 8. The walk-through practically tells you how to beat the whole game.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:04   Link #319
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
omachi with 7.5k troops, gg ninjas cant interrupt her. interesting item that gives 5000 troops
Old 2013-05-30, 09:28   Link #320
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Is Rance's Main character a big idiot type? Just curious if I want to pick it up or not.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote