AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 15:31   Link #3501
solomon

"The Eagles are the Eagles"

That means something TOTALLY different this year as opposed to regular years.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 16:05   Link #3502
Kyuu
=^^=

"Have things become so bad for the Redskins that Mike Shanahan has done the impossible, like making Tony Romo seem clutch."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

To that, I LOL'd.

And thus, the best selling point of the NFL. You just don't know how things turn out (referring to Skelton).

===

EDIT: C'mon Bears. Pick him up! D:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...headline_stack

Last edited by Kyuu; 2011-11-22 at 18:20.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 22:22   Link #3503
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
"Have things become so bad for the Redskins that Mike Shanahan has done the impossible, like making Tony Romo seem clutch."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

To that, I LOL'd.

And thus, the best selling point of the NFL. You just don't know how things turn out (referring to Skelton).

===

EDIT: C'mon Bears. Pick him up! D:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...headline_stack

lol I herd all about that! Bears should re-sign Kyle Orton!! Chiefs claim Kyle Orton, Bears sign ex-Lion Josh McCown
dang it!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 00:38   Link #3504
Alchemist007
*Author

First football game I'm actually going to - Ravens vs 49ers.
Old 2011-11-24, 01:57   Link #3505
Samari
World's Greatest

You picked a good one to attend.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:39   Link #3506
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Okay, here we go again:

Green Bay at Detroit, Winner: Green Bay. Justification: The Packers are the best team in the NFL this year, period. Though I think they will one regular season game, it won't be this one. Still, expect The Lions to push The Packers farther than any other team had thus far.

Miami at Dallas, Winner: Dallas. Justification: I don't need any. Next!

San Francisco at Baltimore, Winner: Tossup. Justification: This will be a very nasty and physical game, I can't really automatically say that The Niners are going to win this one.

Los Angeles at Atlanta, Winner: Atlanta. Justification: The Falcons get a badly needed win to keep them in the playoff race, The Dons move one step closer to coming to the promised land of Los Angeles.

Cleveland at Cincinnati, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: Obvious.

Tampa Bay at Tennessee, Winner: Tampa Bay. Justification: In the weekly "I don't give a flying fuck bowl" Tampa Bay sucks less.

Carolina at Indianapolis, Winner: Carolina. Justification: None needed.

Arizona at St. Louis, Winner: Arizona. Justification: Getting back at The Niners by helping to prevent them clinching the division.

Buffalo at New York (Jets), Winner: New York (Jets). Justification: The Bills got aways to go before they can call themselves a good team for real.

Houston at Jacksonville, Winner: Houston. Justification: Another step towards the impossible dream for The Texans.

Washington at Seattle, Winner: Seattle. Justification: The Seahawks are average, The Redskins suck.

Chicago at Oakland, Winner: Oakland. Justification: I would've called this a tossup if it wasn't for the QB situation that The Bears have. Still, The Raiders move further (though later than what should've been) towards consolidating their hold over the AFC West.

New England at Philadelphia, Winner: New England. Justification: None.

Denver at San Diego, Winner: Denver. Justification: Tebow be damned, The Chargers simply aren't able to beat a team with a .500 record, which is what The Broncos have right now.

Pittsburgh at Kansas City, Winner: Kansas City. Justification: In my weekly contrarian pick, I'm going for an upset of The Steelers in my desperate attempt to keep them out of the playoffs.

New York (Giants) at New Orleans, Winner New Orleans. Justification: The Giants continue their death spiral.

Also, after this weeks games conclude, I shall update my playoff predictions with more detail on how the playoffs might go.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 09:53   Link #3507
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Niners gonna celebrate like it's 1994!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 11:02   Link #3508
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

@ FDW

Nice picks.

I would choose Detroit over Green Bay as the against-the-odds pick of the week only because of the weird scenario

And Miami's been on a winning streak. I wouldn't say the game's in the bag for Dallas

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 13:13   Link #3509
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

dammit Smith...stop being taken to the sideline...

good lord...flags for everyone, injuries for the lions

and flags for Nickelback for delay of game

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2011-11-24 at 14:19.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 14:52   Link #3510
Samari
World's Greatest

Lions are still terrible on Thanksgiving.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-11-24, 15:18   Link #3511
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Lions are still terrible on Thanksgiving.
Destroying oneself takes skill.

Also, I'm going against the Packers D in fantasy... FML...
Old 2011-11-24, 16:23   Link #3512
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

But why couldn't they use Jordy Nelson?? Got me just 2 damn points T_T...With Fred Jackson done, and Mike Vick effed the eff-up, I'm hanging by a fantasy thread...Still in first place in my division, but very concerned...

Denarrious Moore or Frank Gore in the flex? Frank is so reliable, but with that ankle and the Ravens loading up against the run to force that hack Smith to pass it, I just don't know what to do...
Old 2011-11-24, 16:54   Link #3513
D2
Go Big Red!

...And the NFL is once again reminded how Ndamukong Suh is a dirty player. Sad but not surprised people continue to defend him. Anyways, solid win and GO PACK! Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Old 2011-11-24, 19:13   Link #3514
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
...And the NFL is once again reminded how Ndamukong Suh is a dirty player.
Confirmed and seen all over the country. Yes, while some will defend Suh for who he is -- I speculate; most of the rest of the country will see the dirty-ness as it is.

Even though the Packers won, they do show some weaknesses against the Lions. The Lions generally lost because they've shot themselves on the foot - multiple times.
Old 2011-11-24, 19:43   Link #3515
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Damn it...stupid deadfish. Couldn't hold the cowpies from a field goal. Sigh...and now the Pats game coming up...oy vey...don't think playoffs are in store for the Eagles this year.
Old 2011-11-24, 23:11   Link #3516
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Game on the line, play needs to be made in the 4th, Alex Smith is your Quarterback, you lose (with a dash of no chance)...

Tim Tebow is your QB in the 4th, someway, somehow, you win (Based on his play in the clutch)...That's just an extra turkey-leg, that's all...

As I predicted...Although I'm hurtin' right now, cause Frank Gore played like Alex Smith meaning my 1 game fantasy lead is officially in real jeopardy...I knew this game would go down like this...Glad San fran lost, since it's clear Green Bay won't get tripped up beyond maybe one game...So bring them back to the pack (So to speak), and hopefully the Saints can get 1 playoff home game in the process...

0-3 stunk in all my fantasy picks for today...

Jordy Nelson - zilch

Matt Moore & Laurent Robinson - benched them

Frank Gore - Crappola

I was Fantasy Alex Smith today, and I hate how that makes me feel T_T...Like srsly...

HAPPYTHANKSTAKING
Old 2011-11-24, 23:20   Link #3517
Kyuu
=^^=

I have the Ravens defense in fantasy all year. 28 delicious points for me. Cha-ching.

Now, defensive games like this. With the pass happy NFL, we don't see games like this very much anymore.
Old 2011-11-24, 23:28   Link #3518
LusterFlare
Lost.

Niners o-line got manhandled today.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 01:06   Link #3519
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Game on the line, play needs to be made in the 4th, Alex Smith is your Quarterback, you lose (with a dash of no chance)...

Tim Tebow is your QB in the 4th, someway, somehow, you win (Based on his play in the clutch)...That's just an extra turkey-leg, that's all...

As I predicted...Although I'm hurtin' right now, cause Frank Gore played like Alex Smith meaning my 1 game fantasy lead is officially in real jeopardy...I knew this game would go down like this...Glad San fran lost, since it's clear Green Bay won't get tripped up beyond maybe one game...So bring them back to the pack (So to speak), and hopefully the Saints can get 1 playoff home game in the process...

0-3 stunk in all my fantasy picks for today...

Jordy Nelson - zilch

Matt Moore & Laurent Robinson - benched them

Frank Gore - Crappola

I was Fantasy Alex Smith today, and I hate how that makes me feel T_T...Like srsly...

HAPPYTHANKSTAKING
Didn't Drew Brees get his ass handed to him by the St.Louis Rams a few weeks back? And didn't he lose against the Buccaneers? Two awful teams? Since football is a one-man sport I blame Drew Brees and Drew Brees alone for the loss against those ball clubs. Oh and way to come in here after the game with your "I told you so" mantra. Yeah that makes your insight look credible. Where were you before the game hollering like you are now? Oh yeah nowhere.

Oh yeah and Tim Tebow is really legit. Sure dude. By that logic Vince Young should be having his bust already made in Canton because he won six straight as a rookie. I know you don't like the 49ers, but you have to do better than this son. Your negative bias is just so ridiculous it's pathetic. Start looking at situations objectively and not subjectively.

Regardless 49ers are 9-2 and still better than New Orleans record wise. And we didn't lose to terrible teams.

If you even watched the game you would know the failures on offense tonight were attributed to the offensive line. Especially when Rachal replaced Snyder at right guard, and we gave up the most sacks since Rachal last started at that spot. But no, let's forget that. Because all great quarterbacks beat the Ravens at their house when having to travel from west coast to east coast on a short week, with terrible offensive line play, and against a team who has the second best home record the last two years.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2011-11-25 at 01:27.
Old 2011-11-25, 01:16   Link #3520
Alchemist007
*Author

Game was terrific, and it wasn't that cold outside either! Front row seats courtesy of my friend (sonuvabitch paid $500 x4). Great defensive game, but the Ravens had the crowd on their side

Tags
american football, sports