AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-20, 06:09   Link #1621
ykf566

Wow is Accelerator that much stronger than Kakine? Wasn't it just that Accelerator could use his ability before Kakine could which had a major factor in deciding how badly one would get killed? After all they i assume they both have insane offense but rather lacking in the defensive factor against these law breaking wings.

I though it was more kinda like 2 people with rocket launchers, the one who gets hit first is dead, the other would be unharmed....
Old 2010-01-20, 07:33   Link #1622
tsunade666

well the one who first fire a nuke is kakine and accelerator got hit by it then he gets that nukeand analyze it. After analyzing that rocket he did a neutron jammer. The then the nuke is no longer usable. Instead the mad scientist tried to use the neutron jammer to control the nuke against the naturals.

Its a coordinator vs natural battle. And if coordinator is rank 1 battling against a bird = rank 3.
How will a tori beat up a coordinator? peck it until its irritated?

The strength of rank 1 and 2 are as clear as day two. Based on what shamster said. He already use kakine's wings to stab him even before he awakens. And after he awakens. The battle of natural vs coordinator turn into a elephant stomping an ant.
Old 2010-01-20, 07:57   Link #1623
ykf566

Well thats true. However Kakine never had a chance to use his awakened powers, given the nature of Accelerators ones, i assume it is heavily loaded offense.

Might be comparable to someone with a gun versus another with a rifle, if either hits the other it could be fatal though a rifle has higher firepower and more chances to hit.
Old 2010-01-20, 08:45   Link #1624
tsunade666

that's why I use a nuke to refer to kakine for using a killer sun ray given that a sun ray is everywhere that still given that its still sunny or morning.

To be more precise for me I prefer kakine's power of absolute creation than being a power user of absolute control.

It's true absolute control of accelerator is ubber powered that its one sided sometimes but kakine's power just give thrills and too bad his time is too short.

btw if kakine is like a nuke missile what can we say about accelerator? a walking nuke too?
having other comparison that shows more creativity is good.
Old 2010-01-20, 10:11   Link #1625
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that's why I use a nuke to refer to kakine for using a killer sun ray given that a sun ray is everywhere that still given that its still sunny or morning.

To be more precise for me I prefer kakine's power of absolute creation than being a power user of absolute control.

It's true absolute control of accelerator is ubber powered that its one sided sometimes but kakine's power just give thrills and too bad his time is too short.

btw if kakine is like a nuke missile what can we say about accelerator? a walking nuke too?
having other comparison that shows more creativity is good.
Well it seems like there no weapon we could compare Accelerator with , Oh wait, if we combine saber 's Avalon and Archer Unlimited blade work We could have some thing kinda similar.

Did the author explain how Vent power work, what took everyone conscious ? and did it affect Aqua and other god right seat members too ?
Old 2010-01-20, 19:40   Link #1626
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Maybe not, since Johann's Pen determined Touma as an enemy. So that triggers the effect of the Divine Punishment
Index didn't think of Touma as an enemy though. She wasn't in the decision loop. So there isn't a Hostile Human to trigger Divine Punishment on.

Vent is in the class of people Index's defenses should have been designed to deal with if possible. Though that may have been the Walking Church's job.

Looks like there are some possibilities though.
Old 2010-01-20, 19:43   Link #1627
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Index didn't think of Touma as an enemy though. She wasn't in the decision loop. So there isn't a Hostile Human to trigger Divine Punishment on.
But J.P uses Index mind.

The best option is using someone cold as Kihara.

BTW...
Vol.13 Chapter 7 part 8&9 translated.
Old 2010-01-20, 20:31   Link #1628
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Well it seems like there no weapon we could compare Accelerator with , Oh wait, if we combine saber 's Avalon and Archer Unlimited blade work We could have some thing kinda similar.

Did the author explain how Vent power work, what took everyone conscious ? and did it affect Aqua and other god right seat members too ?
In the vol 13 end. Aqua isn't affected when he rescued vent. Maybe because his not targeting vent. Plus Aqua works in the way of justice that's why his the SUPERMAN!. Terra would probably not affected also. That guy is insane mass murderer. As for Fianna........ who knows.
Old 2010-01-20, 21:07   Link #1629
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

I have a few questions for anyone who's really familar with the light Novels.
-After the fight against Accelerator, was Awaki(I think, the second teleportor that fought against Kuroko) killed? Or did she get away?

-And did Touma meet Angelene and Luccia yet? And in what vol?
I think they're friends of Anize

-How far did Frenda get before being killed by Mugino?

Thank you for answering. ^^;
Old 2010-01-20, 21:51   Link #1630
tsunade666

awaki is still alive and a member of group which where accelerator, tsuchimikado and quatzl belong with.

Touma meet the battle nuns in vol 7 when they are rescuing ursula

about frenda...... I don't know. Vol 15 is too bloody for my taste.
Old 2010-01-21, 01:28   Link #1631
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Yes I get Aleister Plan through the thread but I 'm talking about the level 6 project and it mechanism.

It also explain that why Aleister chose Mikoto as a subject in Level 6 project instead of the other number 2. I my theory is correct then Accelerator is 127 or (157 ) times stronger than Mikoto.
Because Aleister did not plan to complete the project, he is aiming for the Misaka Net Work in the first place. Lv.6 project is just a cover up. There are better opponents if he ants Accelerator to evolve.
Old 2010-01-21, 01:47   Link #1632
tsunade666

A perfect example of enemies that's on the same level like him or stronger is sending him is the saints. So sending accelerator to do the job touma usually do is a perfect way for him to level up but just like it's been said. He just a pawn doing its job.
Old 2010-01-21, 23:31   Link #1633
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

....I need a confirmation on this.

Is Etzali really the name of a type of corn/pea stew in Nāhuatl (the language spoken by the Aztecs)?
Old 2010-01-22, 02:33   Link #1634
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Honestly, I have no idea what they're trying to get to with their theories anymore.
Nothing really, but there's ALOT of details that have been left out of in the anime, and many more I can't translate on my own in the Novel. I've revamp my entire perception of Science and Magic at least THREE times already and I'm still missing pieces.

But more importantly right now, I've been bugged by many people elsewhere as to why people haven't try simply teleporting a needle into you-know-who's brain so as to avoid redirection altogether. And I can't give them a straight answer.

Quote:
In this threat, I sometime wonder what the heck I 'm reading eventhough I following it from the beginning.
Like I've said, theories keep changing according t new facts.

Quote:
Totally agree that Imaginary Breaker Is a Cheat, Ultimate cheat. But i wonder, if Level 6 mean absolute power then Touma is a Lev6 already, Power wise, no ESP or Magic can stand again Imaginary breaker ( not talking about real situation ) as they become meaningless one they come in contact with IB.

Btw : if Divine Punishment = Magic cheat, Redirection = Science cheat so IB = Universal cheat.
Don't forget the Holy Right. That's the current Ultimate Weapon on the Magic side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

New theory: Rather than having absolute control over what he creates, Kakine's dark matter transform specific matter of this world, into a specific matter that belonged to that other world.

Quote:
You mean the specific workings? All we know is that it's a vastly large area spell that works on the prinicple that no one should bear evil thoughts to God. In this formula, Vent subsitute herself as God, so as long as you 'bear evil thoughts' to her, the spell will knock you out.

At that time, it shouldn''t affect the other members of God's Right Seat since they're allies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Night View Post
I have a few questions for anyone who's really familar with the light Novels.
-After the fight against Accelerator, was Awaki(I think, the second teleportor that fought against Kuroko) killed? Or did she get away?

-And did Touma meet Angelene and Luccia yet? And in what vol?
I think they're friends of Anize

-How far did Frenda get before being killed by Mugino?
1. She was knocked out but lived. The two of them later became teammates.

2. Touma ran into them mid-way in Volume 7. They are Anieze's subordinates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

Is Etzali really the name of a type of corn/pea stew in Nāhuatl (the language spoken by the Aztecs)?
I... Can't find anything on wiki
Old 2010-01-22, 02:35   Link #1635
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Quote:

Actually it doesn't mean anything. Some people say that his name is Quetzali, and a quetzal is a type of bird in latin America (also references to the deity Quetzalcoatl). But etzali doesn't mean anything.
Old 2010-01-22, 02:56   Link #1636
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Who's Etzali, btw? o_o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-01-22, 03:16   Link #1637
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Who's Etzali, btw? o_o
The Aztec magician that was stalking Mikoto which prompt her to go on a 'fake' date with Touma.
Old 2010-01-22, 03:22   Link #1638
Plant42

Quote:

Yes that's its meaning.
Old 2010-01-22, 05:19   Link #1639
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Things start to get heated up in the second chapter of Volume 9

Spoiler for Stab Sword and Oriana Thompson:

Spoiler for Index and Seiri Fukiyose:
Old 2010-01-22, 06:32   Link #1640
tsunade666

brilliant brilliant and ingenious.

Seiri really is the last stand of girls. And we are wrong to say that touma just attracts enemies. His popular in a way that he didn't even know and care. But the truth is his popular in his school in a way it didn't seems like one.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen