AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-03, 09:31   Link #2161
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
*cough*loli Miyuki in volume 8*cough*
But I like the present her much more
Old 2013-01-03, 10:51   Link #2162
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Tatsuya. When he takes out a spell with gram demolition, there is also a backlash to the caster who got their spell knocked out. So not only would he cancel her magic, he would knock her on her behind too.

@henzaeroz: He certainly wants freedom. It is fact that he will betray the clan. Revenge? He may not be able to feel such feelings, but he does want to stop the clan's unethical practices. He plans to use his time in high school and magic university to gain access to magical research not made open to the public. He also plans to invent the magical fusion reactor to take magic use away from military applications, decreasing the Yotsuba's power along with the other nine clans.
so, this means tatsuya can run away from yotsuba and live in another country. but he doesn't because he has some plan to do in the future ?

by the way in volume 6 chapter 2, sayuri seems to acknowledge tatsuya skills, brains or achievement when she says "......I doubt any company has enough surplus to allow someone as talented as you, to simply play around."
Old 2013-01-03, 12:49   Link #2163
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, I was thinking about this as I was re-reading V4C10 as well as V6C2. It is implied that Tatsuya knows at least one of the Cardinal Codes .. so then why doesn't he use it?

For example, Cardinal George's "Cardinal Code" the "Invisible Bullet" can act on objects regardless of its Eidos, so phenomenon re-writing strength (which Tatsuya is weak at) doesn't matter .. and it's near instantaneous due to the size of its magic sequence (so Tatsuya's calculation speed which is weak also shouldn't matter) -- Tatsuya should be able to go around "invisi-poking" people in addition to his Disintegration, no?
Old 2013-01-03, 13:45   Link #2164
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
A question for those who read the summarises.

Spoiler for Question:
By all accounts, the brother is stronger.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-01-03, 15:14   Link #2165
Chimurry

People: what do you think about characters development?

I think in Mayumi case the author didn't planned she will come more appreciated and high ranked by the fans, and even with Lina introduction many (me as one of them) support Mayumi pairing MC, the author seems trying with other girls and ankwardly keep Saegusa away or dont develop further and deeper relations with the MC.
Old 2013-01-03, 15:23   Link #2166
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, I was thinking about this as I was re-reading V4C10 as well as V6C2. It is implied that Tatsuya knows at least one of the Cardinal Codes .. so then why doesn't he use it?

For example, Cardinal George's "Cardinal Code" the "Invisible Bullet" can act on objects regardless of its Eidos, so phenomenon re-writing strength (which Tatsuya is weak at) doesn't matter .. and it's near instantaneous due to the size of its magic sequence (so Tatsuya's calculation speed which is weak also shouldn't matter) -- Tatsuya should be able to go around "invisi-poking" people in addition to his Disintegration, no?
Who says Mist Dispersal/Dispersion (I'm not sure which is the correct name) ISN'T one of the Cardinal Codes? =X
Old 2013-01-03, 15:38   Link #2167
Chimurry

Far I understad: No.
Cardinal Codes like easy way to do magic without all roundabout process, i think theres 14 types, Cardinal George found one and using, Flash Cast could be the "master key" but its Military Secret and add to this Yotsuba House Head have heavy restrictions about being notice, fair enough I think its more for protection of Tasuya and the Clan itself, why? because Yotsuba Clan its now strong enough to share top echelons with Saegusa Clan, this only with the known power, Gen. Ret. Kudou, head of the 9th Clan says he believe Yotsuba Clan ready have power strength enough to overall rest 9 Clans, so Miyuki and Tatsuya are clear targets to weaken this power, if they really understand Tatsuya overwhelming skill with magic theory development, like find out flash cast or Tatsuya solving other Cardinal Codes, they will even try hard measures.
Old 2013-01-03, 15:44   Link #2168
blackwhite67
Banned

Tatsuya very likely knows all the Cardinal Codes. It wouldn't be difficult considering his elemental sight and brains. In fact, it's possible he already uses them. Even if he did no one should be able to figure out that he used them.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-01-03 at 17:14.
Old 2013-01-03, 16:04   Link #2169
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Far I understad: No.
Cardinal Codes like easy way to do magic without all roundabout process, i think theres 14 types, Cardinal George found one and using, Flash Cast could be the "master key" but its Military Secret...
You're a little mixed up here. Flash Cast is a Yotsuba Family secret. The government has restrictions on Mist Dispersion and Material Burst.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-01-03, 16:15   Link #2170
Chimurry

Could be, but if I understand Yotsuba Head Clan have really heavy restrictions on Tatsuya: 50% of his power is normally sealed, don't being notice (that's why one reason to use "Silver" surname), magic types, skills and techniques restrictions, even for military purposes need before permission by the Clans Head, other way to said: all have to link to Tatsuya are heavy controlled by the Clan, even if the world say something, last word belongs to them.
Old 2013-01-03, 17:18   Link #2171
blackwhite67
Banned

Oh yea. ZeroUrashima has revealed that information on the 13 Apostles were revealed in the preamble of volume 8. Besides Lina, two in the USNA possesses the spell Leviathan. The British one and the German one both have Ozon Circle(?).

Leviathan has a lot of possibilities. Maybe explosions or ice. Ozone Circle might be something like opening a hole up in the atmosphere or creating ozone gas over a large area.
Old 2013-01-03, 17:55   Link #2172
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
People: what do you think about characters development?

I think in Mayumi case the author didn't planned she will come more appreciated and high ranked by the fans, and even with Lina introduction many (me as one of them) support Mayumi pairing MC, the author seems trying with other girls and ankwardly keep Saegusa away or dont develop further and deeper relations with the MC.
Is there a listing of how popular the characters are? According to the Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2013 rankings Miyuki is the only female character from Mahouka who ranked in the top 30 of light novel females (She was #20, for the record Tatsuya was #7 for male characters). If there is an official popularity poll somewhere, it would be interesting to see how the Japanese fans rank the characters.
Old 2013-01-04, 05:59   Link #2173
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

someone trolling at facebook..
Spoiler for troll:

link[/SPOILER]
please kill him..
Old 2013-01-04, 08:24   Link #2174
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
someone trolling at facebook..
Spoiler for troll:

link[/SPOILER]
please kill him..
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is going to die!!!!

I choose you TATSUYA!!!!!!

Tatsuya use demon right!!

It's super effective!!

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-01-04, 14:27   Link #2175
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is going to die!!!!

I choose you TATSUYA!!!!!!

Tatsuya use demon right!!

It's super effective!!
Spoiler:

For delicious incest
Old 2013-01-05, 01:42   Link #2176
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Spoiler:

For delicious incest
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I am so confused!!

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-01-05, 18:32   Link #2177
Ghanw
(-_-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Spoiler:

For delicious incest
Um... what just happened but it's still funny
Old 2013-01-05, 19:13   Link #2178
azziz

back on topic,i wich someone would coutinue nitento summary(chapt.4);flere821,perhaps?
Old 2013-01-05, 19:39   Link #2179
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
back on topic,i wich someone would coutinue nitento summary(chapt.4);flere821,perhaps?
You're talking about LN Vol5 Ch4? Or something else?
Old 2013-01-05, 19:46   Link #2180
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
You're talking about LN Vol5 Ch4? Or something else?
I think Azziz meant the Ninendo arc

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings