AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-31, 17:28   Link #1
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Episode 74 - The Real Monster

The last couple of episodes were the greatest in the series. Episode 74, for me, was mostly a peaceful, happy sort of ending one could hope for... until the end. Johan asks Tenma: was his mother trying to protect him, or was he mistaken for his sister? That scene was possibly the most chilling in the entire series and easily the most emotional, for me. The tale of Johan was most definitely a sad one. Of course, we are left with the unsolvable cliffhanger of Johan disappearing from his hospital bed, though I think his journey has ended.

Beyond that, episode 72 had one of the greatest scenes in anime history: Runge fighting back, digging his hand into Roberto. I shivered at how badass that scene was. It was sad to see Grimmer go, as well. Soldats did a magnificent job in batching the six best episodes of the series together - thank you! I started watching this anime when I was 14 years old, it is going to be difficult letting it go!

The end.
Old 2006-01-31, 18:39   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Then, the question that needs to be answered is:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-31, 23:27   Link #3
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Spoiler for My interpretation:
Old 2006-02-01, 10:26   Link #4
mika163
(^.^) /

watched eps 70 to 74 in one sitting.
Spoiler:
this has been a great series!
Old 2006-02-01, 13:03   Link #5
f00l

wow....

well it was a good ride everyone

geez i remember when the first episode of monster came out. so long ago but it feels like it was yesterday
Old 2006-02-01, 18:47   Link #6
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What I have in doubts is what became of Tenma at the end?
Old 2006-02-01, 19:14   Link #7
Lat

What a great ending! I am assuming Heckel meant Johan/Nina's mother when he said he had spent ages looking for someone, I wonder how he managed to track her down! When Tenma goes to visit her, she mentions he's visited a few times (did she not question why before the time we see in the episode), I wonder what time frame passed between ep 73 and 74 if he had been a few times!

The last few episodes were absolutely fantastic! The thing that really got me was when Grimmer was in the street trying to talk to the armed men and then that girl comes running towards him and gets shot in the neck, that was harsh!

The only thing that bothered me after the end was the fact we didn't hear Johan's real name! Arghhhhhhhh! Still, it was a pretty startling revelation from Johan in Tenmas imagination!
Old 2006-02-01, 22:01   Link #8
uzumaki

Thumbs up

Wow. The ending was great...but I didn't get some of it...like
Spoiler:

This series was unbelievably good. I don't think I've ever seen any animated piece this good in my life. If they had taken out the filler this series would have been beyond comparison IMO.
Ahh! Finally it's complete. I think it'll become a classic.
*crawls on to rate highly at animenfo.com*
Old 2006-02-01, 22:02   Link #9
uzumaki

Thumbs up

(ah sorry repeat...don't know how to delete it)
Old 2006-02-01, 23:49   Link #10
Cal-Reflector

Extended Review to come later: This show certainly merits it. As one of the best animes which I have ever seen (the only other which I could think of being Honey and Clover that truly deserve that description).
Old 2006-02-02, 02:50   Link #11
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

This is one of the best animes ever created... I am not exageratingl. It was brilliant and well put together at all levels, I wish everyone liked it.

Everybody has different tastes, but there are things out there that are true pieces of art, and this is one of them. Arrgg.. I only wish this anime became the most popular series of this time, but I know that isnt going to happen, because it's none fictional storyline isnt appealing to the action-type anime fans.

I would love to write a final review of this series as I did when I first saw this anime, but I trully astonished. There is much perfection in this anime that I don't really know where to start from, in my opinion everything was well done. 10 out 10 to Monster.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks to soldats and anime-keep for deliviring to us such a beautiful anime.

Monster is now #2 in my list of best animes of all time along with Berserk, Saint Seiya will always be #1 but it just because that anime has a huge nostalgic value to me. In reality, Monster is at a whole diffirent level and cannot be compared to anyother anime out there. Its style is trully original.

Good bye Monster, you will always have a place in heart T_T
Old 2006-02-02, 09:42   Link #12
uzumaki

More questions:
Spoiler:

Ahh...I think I'll have to rewatch it. My memory is fading.
Old 2006-02-02, 13:26   Link #13
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Then, the question that needs to be answered is:

Spoiler:
I think that the real Monster was their mother... First because she was using her own children as a means for revenge. Secondly because she actually did chose one of her children to save.
Old 2006-02-02, 19:31   Link #14
Shinichi_

Man, just watched the last episode. Without a doubt, it was the best anime I ever seen. *_* And I'm proud to be a part of this anime, somehow. Because I live in germany! But the german ambiance suits generally to this series. And what the fuck, it went over 74 episodes.. and now, unfortunately, it's over! It was really a great story, thanks for the idea Naoki Urasawa. ^_^ But where did Johann disappear to?
Oh well, maybe we'll get to a see a second season eventually, who knows?
But most likely not in this life...
Old 2006-02-02, 21:42   Link #15
Alekleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
More questions:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

(And sorry for the bad english^^')

Last edited by Alekleh; 2006-02-03 at 12:55.
Old 2006-02-03, 04:16   Link #16
LadyVanilla

Hi,

I just want to say I'm glad that I've watched this series .. I really enjoyed it to hte maximum

Well to answer few questions for uzumaki:
Spoiler:

My question is ..
What kind of coincident it is that you run from the bad guys "Franz & the red roses mansion" .. and you run to the Czech border and get caught by the same people "General Wolfe" .. or were they a different organization!
Old 2006-02-03, 06:18   Link #17
Alekleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVanilla

Spoiler:

Thanks for this one, I had forgotten it : people that lived in the same street thought that the mother had just one child! (remember when tenma asked some guy about the twins, and he said that there was just one child)
Old 2006-02-03, 12:24   Link #18
ddraggy
Abnormality

Incredible series. Word fail to describe Monster. I guess I'll just have to watch the series all over again

But there's one thing I'm wondering about:

Spoiler:

~ ddraggy
Old 2006-02-03, 12:53   Link #19
Alekleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddraggy
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-03, 15:45   Link #20
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I really lied this series ^-^

I didn't really like Lunge until the last few eps. He was so cool XD its like 2 guns man LOL.

Johan's still out there LOL
Closed Thread