AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 107 55.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 24.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 6.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.07%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.52%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.59%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-20, 14:08   Link #241
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
So i was worried why this new series been giving me trouble, i can drop it.

But this episode, just justify it for me.

Gundams Meisters aren't infallible.
Fixed for great justice
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 14:41   Link #242
Ryuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Fixed for great justice
Yeah, I agree the Meisters are lacking. They were pinned down, but should have escaped.

Seems like Setsuna is the only one who is doing well, I watched the raw so I don't know why the heck he seperated from Tieria. If they keept together Virtue could take care of masses while exia crushed those pesky close combatants Tieria seems to suck at handling.

What strikes me as odd is that Setsuna is able to dodge bullets well but a ramming enacht is to fast for him

I get what this episode was supposed to portray; the gundams being overwhelmed, but the episode did that badly. In fact it was hilarious.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to the thrones coming ownage
Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 15:33   Link #243
astranagun

To Setsuna defense it must said that he was tired after the attack.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 16:50   Link #244
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I think it's going to be revealed that the intent was to get captured. Why the hell were support personnel drinking coffee and just hanging out? Why wasn't Noriega giving them tactical advice and the like? During most of their other battles they get a ton of intelligence and support. . . except this time. Unusual.

I think it was all part of "Vader's plan" for them to get their asses kicked in order for the Thrones to make a heroic entrance.

Last edited by mechalord; 2008-01-20 at 17:23.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 16:53   Link #245
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
From doing what?
Most of the time, all of the Meisters did nothing, but stay in the defensive. It can't be to hard to press the button for doing nothing.
If you are locked in a shaking tight space filled with loud noises for 15 hours, I can assure you you would be tired. In fact, something like that would be legally classified as torture.
The environment forces you to focus your full attention as your senses get overloaded.
Old 2008-01-20, 17:01   Link #246
sart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If you are locked in a shaking tight space filled with loud noises for 15 hours, I can assure you you would be tired. In fact, something like that would be legally classified as torture.
The environment forces you to focus your full attention as your senses get overloaded.
that and the cockpit shaking violently every few mins begins to take a toll on the body. I would imagine it would be like a car crash, ive been sideswiped at 25mph and i was sore as hell the next day.
sart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 17:17   Link #247
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
The gundams are still rather close to god-mode...but their pilots are very much not. Had this been S Freedom, I Justice, and the Akatsuki (well actually akatsuki's armor wouldn't be much good when the 3 powers don't have beam tech ) then the grunts woulda gotten ohnoes pwnt.

I guess this is the first time we have seen the semi-successful implementation of the grunt pile driver...

"Throw enough grunts at the problem and it'll go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer grunts."

That said, why did Hallelujah decide to recede after he came out?

I can't wait until next week...Neena Neena Neena!
Soma is slightly radioactive. Particles she emits or something cause Allelujah intense pain. They are both enhanced with nanomachines. Soma is a "perfect" and developed no side effects from her augmentations. Allelujah was a failure and developed side effects from his augmentations. He developed a second personallity and there is feedback whenever he is neay anyone like himself. When SOma and Allelujah first meet they both kind of lose it. The guy at the HRL tweaks Soma's nanites to prevent the feedback from affecting her. Allelujah still loses it since no one does maintenance on his nanites.
Old 2008-01-20, 17:25   Link #248
TypeR
Fate X Destiny

The funnels of the new mech looks like the ones from Penelope and Xi Gundam, the sand barrel funnels that can be used under gravity. Except that these new ones can shoot.

And remember people, the HRL planted a number of devices on the ground to track where the gundams are
Old 2008-01-20, 17:32   Link #249
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

One more thing. They've kind of alluded that the meisters would have a mission that tests their faith. Noriega and her crew were just hanging out when their usually busy giving tactical support and intelligence. Setsuna visited Marina like he knew his might die.

And then Sumeragi hinted to Billy that there could be "more" Gundams.

It was all part of the plan. I think it's been established that Gundams can't run away once they start fighting. They are win or get killed. They knew they had no chance but had to fight no matter what. They had to fight until the end. It's part of their "statement." They have to portray themselves in a certain way to the public.

Anyhow, I think they knew their backup was coming but didn't know when. When all is said and done we'll probably get a scene where Tieria is high fiving everyone for the plan going according to Vader's plan.
Old 2008-01-20, 18:25   Link #250
Empire
Independent MS pilot

my God. This was worst episode of whole Gundam I've ever seen. This has beaten even Gundam Wing.
This is... just... beyond redemption.

Battle of this magnitude should be turnover point in the series, split into 3 episodes, showing a NUMBER of fights and clashes of meisters with superior numbers of grunt MS, rotated frequently.
Decline of mental and physical condition of meisters should be steady, take time, we should SEE as they are slowly wore off, as their capabilities decline as they route flag after flag, tieren after tieren and as their machines slowly loose combat capabilities as their secondary systems slowly begin to fail, as their armour is torn piece after piece apart.
Eat this episode all you seed-bashers, look how freedom's armour looks at the end of SEED or how generally whole suit is torn apart few episodes later when Kira attempts to rescue Flay and fails. And this is nothing, watch CCA and look how THERE suits can be crippled, maimed, damaged, torn and mutilated -_-"

No, instead of epic toe to toe battle on the level, we get Gundams get pwnd. Well, it's hell contrary to Gundams pwning everything. It's exactly 180 degrees turn.

Now, is bandai/sunrise really unable to create 90 degree turn anymore?

I hope introduction of thrones is worth this... it better be...
tough atmospheric funnels in the first 20 episodes? Isn't that a bit early?
At this rate we'll see fin funnel field around episode 30-40 -_-"
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 18:36   Link #251
Terra

But the attack on the suits wasn't a massive MS assult. It was mostly a missles/bomb/cannon barrage with MS going in every so often. Watching that over a few eps would seriously be boring. The powers actually thought about what they were doing. And instead of wasting lives, they used missiles, etc... to wear them down.
Old 2008-01-20, 18:55   Link #252
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
my God. This was worst episode of whole Gundam I've ever seen. This has beaten even Gundam Wing.

Battle of this magnitude should be turnover point in the series, split into 3 episodes, showing a NUMBER of fights and clashes of meisters with superior numbers of grunt MS, rotated frequently.
Decline of mental and physical condition of meisters should be steady, take time, we should SEE as they are slowly wore off, as their capabilities decline as they route flag after flag, tieren after tieren and as their machines slowly loose combat capabilities as their secondary systems slowly begin to fail, as their armour is torn piece after piece apart.
Eat this episode all you seed-bashers, look how freedom's armour looks at the end of SEED or how generally whole suit is torn apart few episodes later when Kira attempts to rescue Flay and fails. And this is nothing, watch CCA and look how THERE suits can be crippled, maimed, damaged, torn and mutilated -_-"

No, instead of epic toe to toe battle on the level, we get Gundams get pwnd. Well, it's hell contrary to Gundams pwning everything. It's exactly 180 degrees turn.

Are you kidding me using 3episodes for only one battle? In that other 2episodes they could do so much more. Yes this episode the pace was quite fast, but I think it was good choice, I would think it's quite stupid to watch them getting bombed and being attacked by missile for whole 3epsiode, also do you think this is DBZ or something for them to fight over 3episodes? That would be reptetive and boring, and really Gundam doesn't really focus on action that much. Also you wanted their amours to be torn apart? I would think that would be more of plot hole. As these Gundam had basically super armor and through out the show nothing really was damaging them and now you want their armor to be torn apart? And Gundams were expected to get pwned as they were fighting all three powers, who deployed many of their forces to fight them so it was no surprise that they would get pwned.
Old 2008-01-20, 19:10   Link #253
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:

Gee, I guess you missed what happened when the PMC tried to fight them head-on.

I'm glad we have commanders who somewhat care about the lives of their men and don't want to throw them away needlessly.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 19:27   Link #254
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Snip
I'm sorry that Sunrise can't edit every little nick and scratch possible.

IT'S NOT IN THE BUDGET to constantly animate heavy damage

That's easier to do:

1)Mid-series(Because around this time the Suit will be scrapped for a newer suit,or the suit will receive big upgrades)

2)At the end of the series(Due to "Epic" battle taking place and since the animation will go on no longer they can do some more costly stuff,like limbs being removed and heavy damage)

3)In an OAV or Movie(Since these are only about an hour and a half long or so,the budget is a lot more flexible).

Can't believe you compared Char's Counter Attack,a movie where there wasn't much of a strain on the budget,to an 52 episode animation,where they just can't go crazy with the spending.

If they do go crazy with spending,expect tons of stock footage which 00 so far has kept to a minimum.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 19:29   Link #255
sart

Quote:
Your judging this ep to the last ep of seed and a moive? To be fair these eps usually have a higher budget than the other eps. IIRC freedom wasnt damaged till the end. I don't think you understand how much it cost to animate that. I'd much rather 00 stay within budget to avoid the reused scenes / recap eps seed-destiny was plagued with.

Edit - beaten by zeta_gunam
sart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 19:41   Link #256
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Gee, I guess you missed what happened when the PMC tried to fight them head-on.

I'm glad we have commanders who somewhat care about the lives of their men and don't want to throw them away needlessly.
You mean the Battle of Moralia and Sri Lanka. Both the HRL and PMC armies took them head on and suffered massive casualties.

So now it's like, "hell no am I getting close to you."

Sergei practiced the same manuever against CB in that space fight. They keep their distance from the Gundams and hence, minimize casualties. That's why that Tieren Squad lasted so long against Dynames and Exia.

Besides, isn't that what Billy told Sumeragi?

"What if we surround them and overwhelm them with our resources?(Missiles and shells). We can't beat them with our current forces."

Actually it's interesting because the 3 blocs are actually learning from their mistakes and not just sending in wave after wave of men and wasting lives unlike some other G shows.

And for the record since some people are confused.

The initial engagement were Realdos. These guys look like the Taurus from Wing.

The grey units were Ground type flags (Union suits carry that golden mask on them).

The green units were Hellions. Enacts have horns on them.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2008-01-20 at 19:54.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 20:45   Link #257
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I think a lot of people who are dissatisfied with this episode expected to see the Gundams countering waves after waves of MSs attack, an epic all out fight. In the end, we get waves after waves of missiles, not exactly epic. It makes sense not to get close with the Gundams, but not as cool for a battle
Old 2008-01-20, 21:20   Link #258
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
oh I'm sure we'll get waves in the next episode.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 00:02   Link #259
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
The funnels of the new mech looks like the ones from Penelope and Xi Gundam, the sand barrel funnels that can be used under gravity. Except that these new ones can shoot.
Did anyone notice the funnel/bit thingy from the preview and the 2nd OP look different? I guess they have 2 types, one for using on earth and other in space.
Old 2008-01-21, 01:38   Link #260
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
And Shinsen releases ep 15.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote