AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-17, 08:42   Link #4121
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Well since ^ discussion seems to have ended, I'll take the liberty to start a new one. This may be better as it's own topic, and if so someone feel free to make one.
Do you think that online people judge more by majority, or age? And do you think that one can manipulate the other and change the opinion?
Old 2010-08-17, 10:16   Link #4122
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What is a good material [for a certain pair of black and white swords with a yin yang symbol on them] for high stress use[like 60%-90% serious mock battles]?

Depends what kind of person that online person is? Well, sometimes they can (50-50)... [and I hope someone answers the ^ question better than me]
Old 2010-08-17, 15:53   Link #4123
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Well since ^ discussion seems to have ended, I'll take the liberty to start a new one. This may be better as it's own topic, and if so someone feel free to make one.
Do you think that online people judge more by majority, or age? And do you think that one can manipulate the other and change the opinion?
Age as in how long a member has been part of a community or age as in how old a member says s/he may or may not be? If the former, then I say majority. Unless a flamer weeds into the discussion, then it's just a big mess of NO U.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 16:44   Link #4124
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What is a good material [for a certain pair of black and white swords with a yin yang symbol on them] for high stress use[like 60%-90% serious mock battles]?
Are you talking about practice swords or SCA-type mock battle swords? Or is this something that has to *look* like steel for appearance sake?

Bamboo canes (young solid ones) are good mock battle material and you can wrap them in padding for the protection of the participants. google on SCA sword making for their mock battles to find a dozen different recipes for various "nerfed" weaponry.

--> http://www.google.com/search?q=sca+swords&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla

European style medieval practice swords are made out of some variety of hard wood and left fairly blunt on the edges. Even those can seriously hurt someone so full recommended armor is a Good Idea.
Old 2010-08-17, 16:45   Link #4125
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
This is a QA thread, not a discussion thread. Your topic would probably be better as an actual thread, however I suggest fleshing out your questions more so people understand what you're attempting to ask.
Old 2010-08-18, 00:34   Link #4126
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Alright I'm looking for anyone on here that is a marine biologist.

If there is I have a question... What does it take academic wise 2 become a marine biologist. How would I go about finding the right school 2 be a marine biologist?

Thanks 2 anyone who can answer.
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 04:27   Link #4127
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Alright I'm looking for anyone on here that is a marine biologist.

If there is I have a question... What does it take academic wise 2 become a marine biologist. How would I go about finding the right school 2 be a marine biologist?

Thanks 2 anyone who can answer.
Being a subspeciality of biological sciences there are schools in the Western USA and Europe that have direct marine biology programs, but most Universities do not. One of my old college professors studied marine biology specializing in aquatic agriculture in Japan. Marine biology is a specialized field so assuming you do not enter a marine biology program directly, try to get a Bachelor's Degree in Biology first.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 04:38   Link #4128
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell

I am looking for somone that can translate the cover of a magazine, looking for something in particular written on the cover, I am hardly fluent so cant quite do it myself, its a comic Tenma though so cant really post it here ill have to pm it to you, PM me if you do not mind, Thanks!
Old 2010-08-18, 21:39   Link #4129
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Being a subspeciality of biological sciences there are schools in the Western USA and Europe that have direct marine biology programs, but most Universities do not. One of my old college professors studied marine biology specializing in aquatic agriculture in Japan. Marine biology is a specialized field so assuming you do not enter a marine biology program directly, try to get a Bachelor's Degree in Biology first.
Thank u very much for ur answer. But more than likely I'll be trying 2 go into it directly. Marine biology is the only thing I've wanted 2 be. I would try and get a degree in biology. But sadly college is gonna cost an arm and a leg as it is!!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 22:33   Link #4130
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Angel View Post
I am looking for somone that can translate the cover of a magazine, looking for something in particular written on the cover, I am hardly fluent so cant quite do it myself, its a comic Tenma though so cant really post it here ill have to pm it to you, PM me if you do not mind, Thanks!
Could Somebody Please Translate This? thread.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 23:13   Link #4131
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell

Opps my bad I looked for that and could not find it I must have been tired, sorry Ill look there, Thanks.
Old 2010-08-19, 08:06   Link #4132
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Thank u very much for ur answer. But more than likely I'll be trying 2 go into it directly. Marine biology is the only thing I've wanted 2 be. I would try and get a degree in biology. But sadly college is gonna cost an arm and a leg as it is!!
It only took me a second or two with Google to find this:

http://marinebio.org/MarineBio/Careers/US-schools.asp
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 13:05   Link #4133
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Are you talking about practice swords or SCA-type mock battle swords? Or is this something that has to *look* like steel for appearance sake?

Bamboo canes (young solid ones) are good mock battle material and you can wrap them in padding for the protection of the participants. google on SCA sword making for their mock battles to find a dozen different recipes for various "nerfed" weaponry.

--> http://www.google.com/search?q=sca+swords&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla

European style medieval practice swords are made out of some variety of hard wood and left fairly blunt on the edges. Even those can seriously hurt someone so full recommended armor is a Good Idea.
Look like steel (and in par with steel and good with paint).
Old 2010-08-19, 17:13   Link #4134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've done live steel choreography... I seriously don't recommend it without extensive practice of the "dance" (arranging the fight and practicing with practice wood and always in full armor). But my experience is mostly with slower 2-handed weaponry.

You can paint wood to look remarkably like steel. The spray-on metallic paints do some amazing things. However, a mirror-finish is not an option that I know of.
Old 2010-08-20, 02:43   Link #4135
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

And nothing like the sound (kliiiiiing) of clashing steel of'course.
Old 2010-08-20, 09:54   Link #4136
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've done live steel choreography... I seriously don't recommend it without extensive practice of the "dance" (arranging the fight and practicing with practice wood and always in full armor). But my experience is mostly with slower 2-handed weaponry.

You can paint wood to look remarkably like steel. The spray-on metallic paints do some amazing things. However, a mirror-finish is not an option that I know of.
oh... I was thinking of using Kansho and Bakuya (I'll hope it won't break from heavy hits...)
Old 2010-08-20, 11:26   Link #4137
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

can I open RPG game?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 16:07   Link #4138
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^There are roleplaying groups on the forum, and groups have miniforums. I am 99% sure you can roleplay to your hearts content on the miniforum.

My question : What kind of LCD cleaning liquid should be used to clean NDS screen ? The one I have, quite old in fact .. Never worked properly. I put some of it on the screen, wiped, then wiped with a dry cloth ... and I can see against light the location where I have wiped with ... Well, it looks pretty much like a stain so no different from what used to be there .. And I want this stupid stain gone D:

If you could link me to something on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk, I would appreciate it. Anything that is sold in my country, would cost more anyway.
Old 2010-08-20, 17:32   Link #4139
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist
My question : What kind of LCD cleaning liquid should be used to clean NDS screen ? The one I have, quite old in fact .. Never worked properly. I put some of it on the screen, wiped, then wiped with a dry cloth ... and I can see against light the location where I have wiped with ... Well, it looks pretty much like a stain so no different from what used to be there .. And I want this stupid stain gone D:

If you could link me to something on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk, I would appreciate it. Anything that is sold in my country, would cost more anyway.
I heard that rubbing alcohol works with a soft hand towel. But don't quote me on that since I never tried it. Also if it's just dust you want to get off but you don't want to scratch the screen or put pressure on the LCD you can use a can of compressed air. The same kind that is used for cleaning the inside of a computer. You can buy them in almost any general/hardware/electronic store for probable no more then 10 USD at max. Any more then that would be a rip off.
Old 2010-08-20, 18:50   Link #4140
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Actually I had a question about compressed air before in this thread and I have been using it ever since, no problem there.

However, there was some stains ( I cant understand exactly where, because i never eat while I play etc ... ), and then attempted to clean them with the liquid and the cloth that was provided with it. Like with my PC monitor, I can see the area where I have cleaned the stain off if watching from right angle against light. It appears as some other kind of stain .. or something. Hard to explain, but definitely isn't scratches etc.

It's not normally seen, so you'd think it doesn't matter.. but because I know it's there, it bothers me.

And I dont really know what you mean by using alcohol ... like, what ? Where do I buy it. I doubt you mean that kind of alcohol that you'd buy from store to drink and get drunk ? ( And I dont want my DS to smell like alcohol ... )

Tags
problem, q&a, serious