AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-03-20, 23:28   Link #801
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
One more day until chapter 35 eh folks.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:04   Link #802
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Chapter 35 out :-

Spoiler:
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:26   Link #803
EthanV2

need, translations
EthanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 15:32   Link #804
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

chapter 35 is all around 4chan at the moment ... proberly getting to the more decent hosts some time tomorrow

Points for Usa wearing a sharf with two rabbits on
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 16:48   Link #805
Lunar Archivist

Why wait? Go to the scanlator's homepage and direct download:

http://sahadou.wordpress.com/2008/03...no-jikan-ch35/

Well, this chapter certainly wasn't what I was expecting, and it's shifted the series dynamics around quite a bit. I don't know what's stranger to me...the fact that the guesswork in my post last month came close in a few areas or that Kaworu Watashiya has injected a lot of sympathy into the one-shot character of Rin's father and made Reiji out to be even more of an asshole than we previously thought. o_O

I must admit I'm more disappointed in Reiji that ever now. The man simply doesn't have his shit together and he looks like he's a heartbeat away from sniping people from a clock tower with a high-powered rifle. He almost blew his entire case and I respect Rin's father and his lawyer for not immediately demanding custody or slapping him with assault charges right after the teacup incident. It's pathetic if a 10-year-old girl and a 24-year-old male virgin with a lack of street smarts and common sense have more sense of propriety, emotional stability, and maturity than you.

Though he came pretty close to blowing it, it looks like Aoki's finally learning not to jump to conclusions until all the facts are in. I know I'm breathing a sigh of relief because it looks like the series will continue for a little while yet, at least... ^_^;

The Lunar Archivist
Lunar Archivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:06   Link #806
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 35:

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2008-03-23 at 04:00.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 19:53   Link #807
mdauben

I've been waiting to see this chapter, and its a good 'un.

Spoiler for Rin's Father:

Spoiler for Reiji:

Spoiler for Aoki-sensei:

Can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens next!
Old 2008-03-22, 23:12   Link #808
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

...Damn. That's... er... a nice picture of Aki...

It's easy to dislike Rin's biological father. Cookies to Aoki for being the only one considering Rin's feelings.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2008-03-23 at 00:10.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 00:57   Link #809
sumowow

Spoiler:
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 01:03   Link #810
Dark Wing

Okay one I was more then disappointed in Reiji come on man grow up please. Like I and many have said before he's still a little kid with "LOVE ME!" complex who needs some serious help.

Now Aoki finally sees the light and realizes Rin whats to be treated as human being and not just a child. Go Sensei!

Anyway Rin blow her dad off like I though would happen but now is faced with an even bigger issue of thinking she may have contributed to her mom's death by being born. Poor kid...

Finally it seem like Shiro-Sensei has decided to pull some string to help Aoki at the cost of going to marriage interview...I wish her the best of luck then Ms.Tsundere!

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2008-03-23 at 01:32.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 01:15   Link #811
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I've got my blog article up about Chapter 35 now.

Congratulations Roku and Reiji, you couldn't have been worse examples of what a responsible guardian should be if you tried.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 01:23   Link #812
Dark Wing

Oh and BTW. For those of you who are interested heres is an interview with Kodomo no Jikan's mangaka Kaworu Watashiya I recently came across. It's about a year old when she first started Kodomo no Jikan and if you hadn't noticed yet she's a pretty odd women.

http://comichigh.jp/sp_watashiya10.html

Translation:

1.What made you set your eyes on becoming a manga author?

Because I didn’t want to go to university or a corporation.

2.Please explain the origin of your penname.

My real name is “Kaoru” so “Watashiya Kaoru” → “Watashiya Kaworu”

3.Are there any manga which influenced you?

It’s easy to become too influenced, so I do the opposite and try not to read.

4.If you have any time where you thought “thank goodness I became a manga author,” please tell us about it.

I can get up and go to sleep when I like and live closely with my cats.

5.What kind of people do you want to read “Kodomo no Jikan?”

I started thinking not pedos but rather people who like older people.

6.Do you have any “I can’t do without!” indispensible items when drawing manuscripts?

Green tea, green tea, green tea.

7.Tell us about your thoughts from when it was decided it would be animated.

!? They can air that!?

8.Is there anything you’ve recently gotten into?

Room layout, etc.

Also I would like to request a translation for these pages I found please...
Spoiler for size:

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2008-03-23 at 01:59.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 06:42   Link #813
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Point 7 made me lawl XD

Chapter 35
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 06:48   Link #814
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 35:
Old 2008-03-23, 08:17   Link #815
ZODDGUTS

God I hate Reiji he's beyond saving at this point. You can argue that he's already molested Rin with all those hickeys he's given Rin which has happen more then once. He's also partly to blame with how mess up Rin is, she knows way too much about sexual things and he buys her sexy type of panties and clothes for Rin eventhough he shouldn't.

He has the whole countdown thing going on waiting for Rin to turn 16 or is it 18 so that he can marry her yeah time to bail Rin out of their hell if she ended up with her real father would be better at this point. Not sure how it's going to end for Rin do hope she somehow ends up with Aoki with him as the guardian/father then again she will probably be making her move while he's asleep too dangerous for Aoki.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:26   Link #816
Lunar Archivist

I stand by my original statement about Rin's father. I found him sympathetic and can understand the difficult position he was in ten years ago. Doesn't mean that I believe he was in the right, just that I can see where he's coming from. I'd hate being in a position to choose between the lives of my child and my wife/girlfriend...

Also, I think some people are confusing the actions of Rin's father with those of his overzealous, slimy, female lawyer. Basically, he wanted to either 1) gain custody of Rin or 2) financially support her any way he could. He seemed pretty sincere and honest if you ask me, especially the part about openly admitting he wanted to Aki to have the abortion. Had he kept his mouth shut or lied, he could've strengthened his case, but he readily admitted it. It's only when people started giving him a piece of their minds and opposed his ideas that the lawyer stepped in and began issuing thinly veiled legal threats in order to intimidate Reiji and Aoki into submission.

The Lunar Archivist
Lunar Archivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:12   Link #817
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for 35:
Actually I have to defend the father a bit here. First, we really have to take him at his word for why he pushed for the abortion; he acknowledged that he wanted it rather than simple letting the lawyers point stand. Second he did not push the taking custody issue until Reiji blew-up and acted violently. And finally, contacting Rin or Reiji quietly was out of the question. Even in America it would have been iffy, but Japan is exponentially more formal. He acted in the only way that would leave him in a position to have any say later. As to discussing the abortion issue-Reiji brought it up, not he.
I actually can understand his point on insisting on the abortion. To his eye, it was the only way to save the woman he loved. I have been married for 15 years; my wife suffers from long-term clinical depression. In the years before we married, she was actively suicidal. At one point, I realized--with the help of a very loving Mother--that I could not take responsibility for her own actions; I had to realize that if I could not get her to take care of herself, I would have to leave, or be destroyed with her. In our case I convinced her to hospitalize herself, get into therapy and get medicated. At the time, Rin's father must have felt something very similar. In his eyes, she was killing herself. When he could not stop her, he pulled back to protect himself. After Rin's birth, He was almost certainly too ashamed of himself to try to make contact again. I'm not saying he acted rightly, but I am saying he acted as a human. He is coming back now, not to make everything right but to try to do what he can to make up for his failing. He admits that he does not deserve to thought of as a parent, but he does seem to want to help make Rin's life better.

Of course, both he and Reiji are acting like normal adults in that neither of them thinks to actually ask Rin what she wants; in that sense, he fails as much as Reiji does.
billborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:23   Link #818
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
I stand by my original statement about Rin's father. I found him sympathetic and can understand the difficult position he was in ten years ago. Doesn't mean that I believe he was in the right, just that I can see where he's coming from. I'd hate being in a position to choose between the lives of my child and my wife/girlfriend...

Also, I think some people are confusing the actions of Rin's father with those of his overzealous, slimy, female lawyer. Basically, he wanted to either 1) gain custody of Rin or 2) financially support her any way he could. He seemed pretty sincere and honest if you ask me, especially the part about openly admitting he wanted to Aki to have the abortion. Had he kept his mouth shut or lied, he could've strengthened his case, but he readily admitted it. It's only when people started giving him a piece of their minds and opposed his ideas that the lawyer stepped in and began issuing thinly veiled legal threats in order to intimidate Reiji and Aoki into submission.

The Lunar Archivist
He picked his lawyer. He choose to bring her to the meeting. At no point did he rein her in, not even to play "good cop/bad cop". Also, I don't consider her threats to be particularly veiled...

Billborden: none of that changes the fact that he abandoned his girlfriend when she needed him most, and their child. Sure, he wanted to protect himself. Sure, it was human. As Rin said, he's not a bad person. But that doesn't mean he's a good person, either. That doesn't mean he has a right to come into Rin's life and mess it up. That doesn't mean that he, of all people, can come into their house and criticize Reiji for not being there enough, even via a lawyer. I mean, where was he?
Old 2008-03-24, 05:27   Link #819
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

I think many of you are not looking at this from an outside perspective but are taking it personally. In most of the world, children are seen as little more than property and thier oppinion is worth about as much a one legged man in an @$$ kicking contest. As for Aoki he is really just an outsider interfering in private business and whether he is thier teacher or not his only responsibility in most cultures is to teach the skills that they should learn at school. I am no expert on Japan but when I visited I saw one small child misbehaviving in public and the mother smacked him on the face 3 or 4 times till he calmed down and quieted down. No one and I mean no one did or said anything most people ignored it like they were invisible. When I lived in China for a while it was even more pronounced, (I was a teacher) I had students beg me not to give them a bad grade because they would get a beating from thier parents. I was told by one of my Chinese colleages that I could hit the ones that acted up, when i seemed suprised he told me the parents would be more concerned with what the child had done to deserve a beating and probably hand out another beating rather than be mad at me for giving the beating. After I married a Chinese girl I asked her about this subject and she causually replied that she got beat by her teachers all the time, when I asked if her mom really beat her too after that she said only at first because after that she had the good sense never to tell her mother again. I saw babies going down the street naked squatting to pee and poop whever they pleased. Children as small as 3 or 4 left unattended while parents did who knows what. One time I went to a kareoke bar (found out that is where the Chinese red light district is) and saw kids (small ones) waiting around outside while men went inside and played around with hookers. Japan and China aren't the same and my experience with Japan is much more limited but it has been my experience that attitudes twards children lean more twards "spare the rod and spoil the child" than some of the "happy happy joy joy everyone deserves a hug" stuff I have seen in America....
BTW if you read all of this and you were offended or I said something that pissess you off I hope you won't take it personally most of this was just my observations of some Asian culture aspects that really may be far outside the experience of most people and just wanted to share so that you could get some idea of how the rest of the world sees children.
Old 2008-03-24, 05:45   Link #820
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I personally am for "smacking" when a child does wrong. Heck it worked for me and I believe I turned out better than if I wasn't disciplined. Though I am not for some cruel way of torture which happenes so often when parents just takes it too far in their actions and cross the line from disciplining to just letting out their anger, that is a no no.

Anyway, the stuff that you mentioned can happen in many forms in other places as well. In the UK I've seen many 8 year olds swearing their heads off in public, throwing tantrums, smashing bottles, just being vandals, terrorising people and not even human like. That kind of attitude disgusts me and the reason for that is that they have no parents to put them straight. It's so easy here to be a parent and have a bunch of kids, throw them into the streets and live off child benefits. Thinking that, I think I am glad that I didn't turn into them because my parents knew better and taught me what is right and wrong (and some smacking at times). Actually, when I ask them to smack me now the funny thing is that they say that I'm too old for it, there goes my sweet memories

Back on topic. I see a father who abandons his "wife" because she wanted to give birth to a child that may kill her as wrong. Even if he disagrees, she has made up her mind and you can't force her not to. Now that is fine that he broke up with her, but he does have some nerve to come back asking for Rin because his wife can't have kids (seriously, I do believe that is the true motive for his actions). I mean, he hasn't helped her and her mother at all, if he did then maybe Aki wouldn't have died of cancer or at least give her a chance with treatments. The guy is an irresponsible mess and I just don't like him. In the long term Reiji will become a problem but for now just kick away the dad.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen