AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 15 20.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 35.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-07, 21:49   Link #81
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Well I will look through it if nobody replys.
The problem is that it's kind of hard to reply his full past since that will get us in trouble due to the spoiler rules which I already got in trouble back in the the thread for Episode 8. Anyway, so far as we know, Layfon is a Heaven Blader which are the top 12 fighters in Grenden. Grenden is known to be a strong city which seeks out monsters and kills them so that gives you an idea of how strong their top 12 can be. However, due to some sins that Layfon commited, he had to leave to keep things peaceful in Grenden which is where we are now. That's all we know about him right now.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:50   Link #82
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Read the manga or novel.....
Im not much of a novel reader.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:58   Link #83
aapmenss

wel stil raw so have to wait few days to watch but my question is does this episode fit into the novel storywise?? for people who read novel please tel
Old 2009-03-07, 23:07   Link #84
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

so much misplaced hate for nina here, the only worth loathing character in regios is fellis.
o.o
Old 2009-03-07, 23:31   Link #85
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I don't dislike or hate Nina even with all thats happened in this ep...well maybe a wee bit of anger for the end bit!

but in all honestly Nina is poking her nose where it really shouldn't be poking, Fon-Fons past is Fon-Fons past alone, no one elses.
Only time Nina should be poking her nose in Fon-Fon's past if it were to somehow become a hinderance or danger to the squad or mission but frankly I don't see how it is.

Altho it seems Nina and Co. are going out of there way to make it so....
Old 2009-03-08, 00:20   Link #86
cynicalicious
I like pie.

What I find interesting is that nobody is even bothering to talk about the important stuff...

Spoiler for ep5:
Old 2009-03-08, 01:08   Link #87
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
What I find interesting is that nobody is even bothering to talk about the important stuff...

Spoiler for ep5:
Because the less important stuff is so compelling to talk about than what actually happened around Gahard, Gorneo and Layfon? And the rest who found out about that?

I think Gorneo will be somehow later "corrected" by his bro, but nah I won't tell what I think of it for now.

... Was it just me or did anybody miss Felli smiled (with the blush, of course) upon reaching for Layfon's hand to help her get back up? Although it was brief...
Old 2009-03-08, 03:10   Link #88
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious
Spoiler for ep9:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin
... Was it just me or did anybody miss Felli smiled (with the blush, of course) upon reaching for Layfon's hand to help her get back up? Although it was brief...
No, most likely all us Felli fans saw it when watching the raw, especially Margafred lol.
Old 2009-03-08, 03:17   Link #89
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
No, most likely all us Felli fans saw it when watching the raw, especially Margafred lol.
I thought so. And so off I go sulking at a corner with a dialogue bubble appearing over me containing these three letters: "OTL".
Old 2009-03-08, 03:17   Link #90
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Felli x Fon Fon fans should never missed that moment...its a once in a lifetime treasure that appeared so rare,but once you notice it,you find it sooo beautiful,you would want to repeat that scene over and over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Spoiler for ep5:
At first i was confused too when Gorneo said about Garhald Barrey being his "ani",but after giving it some thought again,most likely it refers to that usual "aibo-aniki" relationship between a master and apprentice.Gorneo's hatred for Layfon was actually because of Layfon did something to his "ani" whom totally had no blood relation with the Lukens family.

What makes me wonder is,how Gorneo ended up in Zuellni in the beginning?I'm sure his case was different from Layfon,where Layfon was exiled away from Grendan by the queen herself.I'm not sure how Garhald's case made him leaving Grendan and ended up in Zuellni,coz as an apprentice to Garhald,he should actually stay together with his master while his master is still alive,but he didn't.Its funny that he didn't avenge for his master while he still at Grendan and while Layfon was still a Tenken,instead he just carried that hatred together with him to Zuellni,and somehow with god's luck,the one that he wanted to get his hand to had arrived in Zuellni too.

I'm sure by the time Gorneo left Grendan,Garhald was still in his human form before somehow he mutated and became a pollutant beast.So it obvious that he wouldn't know the crimes that his master did after he left Grendan.All he knew was that,Layfon was the one to be blamed.

But Layfon did the right thing as a Tenken...to live and to survive means you need to fight.Garhald i believe was one of the competitor that fights for the Tenken title,and if Layfon somehow lose to him,he would loose his Tenken title,and he would never be able to help those children in the orphanage where he lived at.Of course someone like Nina who think of fighting to become strong and achieve glorious victory only would never understand Layfon's reasoning in fighting.
Old 2009-03-08, 04:19   Link #91
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Felli x Fon Fon fans should never missed that moment...its a once in a lifetime treasure that appeared so rare,but once you notice it,you find it sooo beautiful,you would want to repeat that scene over and over again

At first i was confused too when Gorneo said about Garhald Barrey being his "ani",but after giving it some thought again,most likely it refers to that usual "aibo-aniki" relationship between a master and apprentice.Gorneo's hatred for Layfon was actually because of Layfon did something to his "ani" whom totally had no blood relation with the Lukens family.

What makes me wonder is,how Gorneo ended up in Zuellni in the beginning?I'm sure his case was different from Layfon,where Layfon was exiled away from Grendan by the queen herself.I'm not sure how Garhald's case made him leaving Grendan and ended up in Zuellni,coz as an apprentice to Garhald,he should actually stay together with his master while his master is still alive,but he didn't.Its funny that he didn't avenge for his master while he still at Grendan and while Layfon was still a Tenken,instead he just carried that hatred together with him to Zuellni,and somehow with god's luck,the one that he wanted to get his hand to had arrived in Zuellni too.

I'm sure by the time Gorneo left Grendan,Garhald was still in his human form before somehow he mutated and became a pollutant beast.So it obvious that he wouldn't know the crimes that his master did after he left Grendan.All he knew was that,Layfon was the one to be blamed.

But Layfon did the right thing as a Tenken...to live and to survive means you need to fight.Garhald i believe was one of the competitor that fights for the Tenken title,and if Layfon somehow lose to him,he would loose his Tenken title,and he would never be able to help those children in the orphanage where he lived at.Of course someone like Nina who think of fighting to become strong and achieve glorious victory only would never understand Layfon's reasoning in fighting.
Yes, Nina's idea of victory is different but I'm thinking that it's not the issue here but rather pride that is the issue here. She probably wanted him to be fair and square when he was fighting against Garhald which in way is correct but at the same time not correct since the guy was fighting dirty anyway. If he fight fair and square, his deeds will be leaked out but if he kill the guy, the problem goes away right? Apparently that plan did not work out so great because he missed. At the same time, I think that because it seems like he attempted to kill the guy, the people would assumed that he was hiding something because he knows it wasn't something good.
Old 2009-03-08, 04:48   Link #92
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I second that. It was truly a (if not the only) shining moment in the episode.

I'm still trying to figure out whether I should take this episode lightly or not. I mean, the whole revelation of the past is pretty serious stuff, yet on the other hand it feels like they weren't taking the episode seriously at all. The red-head sure didn't help things either, even when she did go berserk after a bit of serious foreshadowing of the hooded dudes.

But anyway, I liked the way Layfon handled the entire situation. When confronted, he was able to respond with an answer that even made Nina question some of her own motives. And that little reflection at the end of wondering whether he was wrong in the path he chose to take: classic. This may actually be the first time where Layfon revealed his true character instead of being dragged around by the other cast.

On a side note, am I the only one that couldn't help but laugh at the scene where Lilin and her father were facing Garhold in his mutated form? I mean, everything just came out being so...corny. Did Lilin's voice suddenly take on a higher pitch or something during that scene? And the way the old man just fell backwards after taking that sound blast...couldn't he at least try to look like he's crumpling to the floor from over-exertion?

Oh, and regarding the relation between Gorneo and Garhald, I highly doubt it's master and apprentice type of relationship. First given the idea from the Chinese translation of "ani", I believe it's much more likely that Gorneo and Garhald both happen to be apprentice under the same master, with Garhald being the elder and Gorneo being the younger apprentice. Thus, it would of course be natural that Gorneo would refer to Garhald as his "ani" given the time they spent training together. Besides, although anything's possible, I highly doubt a master of a certain art would be defeated so easily by Layfon. Also, I have never heard of an apprentice be so close to their master that they'd refer to him as "big bro" or anything of that sort. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, since I've never read the novel either

last note: don't hate on Nina. She's the squad leader, and it's kind of her responsibility to understand what's going on behind each team member. Her part in the entire episode is simply trying to come to terms with a fellow member's past and thought process (although suggesting that they shouldn't stay together in the same squad may be a matter of being a bit hardheaded...)
Old 2009-03-08, 04:48   Link #93
zibi88

From this episode all I didnt liked was Nina's attitude of "I know better than you" seriously if she was a good captain then she would accept Layfon on who he is and not what he did in past (past is past and bitching about it like I know better about someones else life wont change a thing)

Will Ninas bitching change minds and hearts of all people in Grendan ? rather not so she should be quiet.... she has her own life and problems and Layfon has his own and she has no right to bitch about it and lecture him with her own ideals (since both their lifes were way to different)

Nina doesnt understand the thing that she was doing thing for her own while Layfon had in his mind good of many children in orphanage and that is different story........Layfon didnt got the money for himself but for others ^^

But well Layfon doesnt care what Nina thinks ^^ she can bable her stupid lines all she wants becouse Layfon knows that what he done was good but people around dont see that...... Grendan people mostly think that HB is only a tool that must fight for free...and they dont have their own lifes....that they belong to the city as weapons to keep their buts safe...... and when they learned that one of them was takeing money for fighting it was so much of a shock (since its not for free) so they demanded from the queen to exile him.........

Garhald in his monster form was sawying that it was his HB space and he took it away from him......and here Savarius was right (kinda defending Layfon) with saying that Garhald was simply not strong enought for HB title.......

I think that Queen didnt kicked Layfon from Grendan becouse she wanted too.... but becouse people of city demanded it so she had to do that..... mostly it was not a kick from her but she stated that he should leave...... and Layfon decided to listen to her and leave Grendan since mostly noone wants him here anymore.....(besides Leerin that is ^^ )

All that Layon needs now is Leerin ^^ simply after this episode Nina in pairing fell to the bottom of the list.... even Meishen is higher than Nina in my ranks.... mostly Feli knows about Layfons past and she doesnt much care about it.....
Old 2009-03-08, 04:56   Link #94
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
From this episode all I didnt liked was Nina's attitude of "I know better than you" seriously if she was a good captain then she would accept Layfon on who he is and not what he did in past (past is past and bitching about it like I know better about someones else life wont change a thing)

Will Ninas bitching change minds and hearts of all people in Grendan ? rather not so she should be quiet.... she has her own life and problems and Layfon has his own and she has no right to bitch about it and lecture him with her own ideals (since both their lifes were way to different)

Nina doesnt understand the thing that she was doing thing for her own while Layfon had in his mind good of many children in orphanage and that is different story........Layfon didnt got the money for himself but for others ^^

But well Layfon doesnt care what Nina thinks ^^ she can bable her stupid lines all she wants becouse Layfon knows that what he done was good but people around dont see that...... Grendan people mostly think that HB is only a tool that must fight for free...and they dont have their own lifes....that they belong to the city as weapons to keep their buts safe...... and when they learned that one of them was takeing money for fighting it was so much of a shock (since its not for free) so they demanded from the queen to exile him.........

Garhald in his monster form was sawying that it was his HB space and he took it away from him......and here Savarius was right (kinda defending Layfon) with saying that Garhald was simply was not strong enought for HB title.......

I think that Queen didnt kicked Layfon from Grendan becouse she wanted too.... but becouse people of city demanded it so she had to do that..... mostly it was not a kick from her but she stated that he should leave...... and Layfon decided to listen to her and leave Grendan since mostly noone wants him here anymore.....(besides Leerin that is ^^ )

All that Layon needs now is Leerin ^^ simply after this episode Nina in pairing fell to the bottom of the list.... even Meishen is higher than Nina in my ranks.... mostly Feli knows about Layfons past and she doesnt much care about it.....
Well but isn't that great? It means that development between them is happening. It makes them learn more about each other and about what they agree and what they don't. Even if Nina's bitching was "not needed," apparently it did make Layfon have a bit of a reflection of what he did in his path was right or wrong. Even if it was only a little but of reflection, he did rethink about it a little. We might not agree with what Nina did but at the same time, we cannot exactly totally agree with what everyone does and this is just one of them.

Quote:
It sure was. Also, back in the previous episodes, apparently there was a tournament going on and the winner was decided. Remember how Canalice (impersonating the queen) rejected that the winner should become a Heaven Blader leaving that spot open. You can kinda guess that the open seat was reserved only for Layfon which is why nobody is to take that spot.
Old 2009-03-08, 05:12   Link #95
JediNight
キズランダム

Layfon just basically says "I wonder if my way of thinking is wrong?"

And Nina conveniently coming in at exactly the wrong time
Old 2009-03-08, 06:39   Link #96
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Good good episode

-snip-
I haven't watched Episode 9 yet, but after a certain someone's insistence, I'd just like to say that, after a long war, it seems we'll be fighting on the same side at last.

I feel that for me, Nina is actually the more interesting character here considering how the latter is intermingled more with Layfon than anyone else in terms of the character development and how serious the series seemed to treat them. We learn a wealth of information about themselves from the way it just flows out whenever they're talking. Their relationship also raised up a couple of issues that they themselves don't seem to be aware of, and by having Layfon forcing Nina to address her flaws, and Nina re-adjusting the balance by doing the same for him, it provides a good correlation between their relationship and their character development.

Considering that we still have a long way to go, it's inevitable that Nina will go through more unfavorable bumps along the way, no doubt brushing fans the wrong way, but it also means that she has the most potential to undergo a dramatic character development. Nina is undeniably stubborn, and hard-headed especially when she's about to confront her flaws, but what's great is that they could easily be her strengths at the same time. The lessons Nina need to learn are fairly basic and straight-forward, which I suspect is causing the impatience of some fans, but I'm sure in due time, she'll deliver great results later in the long run.

I just realized that this is the Episode 9 thread, so I suggest that we all move the Nina discussions to the Nina thread, as it seems to be looking quite empty at the moment, and I'm sure it'll be a good place to hold the things people are currently saying about her here. Would that suit everyone?
Old 2009-03-08, 07:55   Link #97
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaluen
But anyway, I liked the way Layfon handled the entire situation. When confronted, he was able to respond with an answer that even made Nina question some of her own motives. And that little reflection at the end of wondering whether he was wrong in the path he chose to take: classic. This may actually be the first time where Layfon revealed his true character instead of being dragged around by the other cast.
He's quite badass in that scene and Layfon reveals his true dark character in terms of combat and as a Heaven Blade. Nina's bitching about how wrong his way thinking was and he simply reply 'its for survival', Heaven Blades are bunch of spartans. If you bother looking at the spoiler thread you could see next preview pic of Layfon put an evil smirk when probably fighting Gorneo and Chanten in a match, heh his true character revealed lol.
Old 2009-03-08, 10:36   Link #98
faiz blaster

Just saw the raw episode. From what I could understand, Layfon's sin was that....

Spoiler for sins:

Have to say though, I don't really get why Nina is bitching about that so much. Layfon himself said that it was something that he did in order to survive. On another hand, I am quite surprised to see that Layfon's beliefs match closely with that of Zuelli's director (Felli's brother).
Old 2009-03-08, 10:37   Link #99
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Here's what Fon-Fon did that was so freakin' wrong. In the fight with Gahard, he violated a major taboo-- he chopped the guy's freakin' arm off and tried to murder him in what was basically a bout.

Now, imagine that in the little play fights that happen in Zuellni, that they just start trying to murder each other and chop each other into little pieces.

THAT'S what's so wrong with what he did. He turned a match into the Real Thing. What if American Football players just started shooting at each other mid-play in order to silence a rival? That's kind of like what he did.

The underground fights were a separate thing. Fon-Fon was engaged in underground fighting-- imagine if one of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was engaged in a Mafia-backed underground fighting ring. Maybe it's just a dog-fighting ring. Hey, he needs the money, right? You'd probably hate his guts for it, and ask him to resign his commission. Well, duh. It's illegal. Same thing.

He's getting paid to protect the country, not to go bashing random people in the head. He took an oath. Violating it has consequences.

Gahard *didn't* have pure motives. He wanted Fon-Fon's HB, and he was going to call out Fon-Fon for Fon-Fon's illegal activities. Garhad was blackmailing him, and yes, Gahard was also in the wrong.

But that didn't justify Fon-Fon chopping off his arm and trying to murder him.

That Fon-Fon can't see that he was in the wrong is his main problem. You don't want a combat monster who can't make moral distinctions. (It's been said before that the HBs are essentially monsters in terms of power. People who have such power have to have more care in their actions.)

If his code is simply "I fight for what I want to protect," then he'll only fight for whoever he feels like fighting for. Hey, that's great if he feels like fighting for you, but it sucks if he decides on a whim that he doesn't like you. That's when it really sucks to be an NPC. (And you're all NPCs IRL.) You wouldn't want your government to treat you like that, and you hate it when they do.

He just happens to be somewhat nice for now, but he's sitting on the edge of a very slippery slope where he could wind up being very much of a villain.

And that's why Nina is so very very pissed off at him. Granted, she's not perfect either, but she wasn't going around abusing her position illegally and then attempting to murder someone to cover it up. (Doesn't sound so noble now when you put it those kind of terms, huh?)

Fon-Fon knew the rules as a HB, and he willingly broke them. It doesn't matter for whom he broke them. Sure, yesterday it was "for the orphans," but who will he do it for next time?

It doesn't matter that "Everyone just sees him as a tool," he *willingly* signed up for that deal. He wanted the blade. If money was what he wanted, he simply could have become a mercenary.

Anyway, all of this is pretty much moot, since his way of thinking is about to change. (If it didn't change, we wouldn't have a story.)
Old 2009-03-08, 10:50   Link #100
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I haven't watched Episode 9 yet, but after a certain someone's insistence, I'd just like to say that, after a long war, it seems we'll be fighting on the same side at last.

I feel that for me, Nina is actually the more interesting character here considering how the latter is intermingled more with Layfon than anyone else in terms of the character development and how serious the series seemed to treat them. We learn a wealth of information about themselves from the way it just flows out whenever they're talking. Their relationship also raised up a couple of issues that they themselves don't seem to be aware of, and by having Layfon forcing Nina to address her flaws, and Nina re-adjusting the balance by doing the same for him, it provides a good correlation between their relationship and their character development.

Considering that we still have a long way to go, it's inevitable that Nina will go through more unfavorable bumps along the way, no doubt brushing fans the wrong way, but it also means that she has the most potential to undergo a dramatic character development. Nina is undeniably stubborn, and hard-headed especially when she's about to confront her flaws, but what's great is that they could easily be her strengths at the same time. The lessons Nina need to learn are fairly basic and straight-forward, which I suspect is causing the impatience of some fans, but I'm sure in due time, she'll deliver great results later in the long run.

I just realized that this is the Episode 9 thread, so I suggest that we all move the Nina discussions to the Nina thread, as it seems to be looking quite empty at the moment, and I'm sure it'll be a good place to hold the things people are currently saying about her here. Would that suit everyone?
Guess we won't be on the same side in this show Crisis.