AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 21:16   Link #101
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
I liked Yuno's wink and beh when she tasted the espresso. Wouldn't that make a great loop / animated gif / avatar?
Old 2010-01-27, 04:19   Link #102
sirn
田舎者言うな

Finished ED is coming this week's episode.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 10:50   Link #103
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Man, if you watch the series in chronological order you can tell that the difference between the first season and third season is staggering. I guess that's what you get when you have a company that didn't really had anything to do until 2005.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 10:54   Link #104
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

When you say "chronological order" do you mean watching the three seasons in order, or watching the episodes in order? The latter would take a bit of work since the episodes are not chronological. (So far this season seems more orderly, but I wonder if that will hold true once we get past the beginning of the school year.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 09:07   Link #105
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
Spoiler for image:
Surely I'm not the only one who gets the original Gundam reference from these poses?
Old 2010-01-28, 11:58   Link #106
sirn
田舎者言うな

The finished ED gives me a goosebump. It was awesome.

Last edited by sirn; 2010-01-28 at 12:23.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 14:58   Link #107
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, with this I'm sure most people will be extremely more than happy to forgive the 4 episode delay. (read also as: Holy shit!!! Is this just me or is that one of the best ed's I've ever seen).
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 15:24   Link #108
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
It's so nice to have the ending animation include animation as part of it. Plus, unlike the unfinished versions, Nori and Nazuna are in it. Over all, I can approve of this one.
Old 2010-01-28, 16:17   Link #109
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Dang, I just love it. This is also the first Hidamari Sketch ED I love so much to the point of wanting it on my mp3 player (previous 2 EDs, not so much, only the OPs).
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 16:49   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
(read also as: Holy shit!!! Is this just me or is that one of the best ed's I've ever seen).
I'm very close to agreeing with you on that. I'm perfectly fine having to wait four weeks for that 1:30 masterpiece.
Old 2010-01-28, 23:16   Link #111
Proto

This qas quite a good episode. With Sae and Hiro going out we got the chance to see Yuno and Miyako acting (or trying to) like the new upperclassmen they were. And I found the addition to be quite interesting. What people find to be a little irritating, I find it to be but a repetition of what was going inside Yuno's head exactly one year ago, and Nazuna is finding the same support in Nori as Yuno found in Miyako (heck, even Yuno was nodding at Nori's lecture at the department store, as if hearing an old story for her older self). As you remember, it was Miyako who broke Yuno's shell and helped her come out (that scene in ep2 season 2 is one of the most endearing sequences in the series). Maybe it isn't so obvious because of the non-chronological order the episodes have, but seeing things come into full cycle gives quite a satisfactory feeling to the series.

Last edited by Proto; 2010-01-29 at 01:05.
Old 2010-01-29, 07:54   Link #112
SamCurt

Quote:
As you remember, it was Miyako who broke Yuno's shell and helped her come out (that scene in ep2 season 2 is one of the most endearing sequences in the series).
Are you sure it's that ep? I dn't remember seeing of that effect that ep.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 09:11   Link #113
Proto

Hmm... maybe I've got to rewatch the series so I can remember the episode correctly(I'll do so when the dvd's come out in april) but I'm fairly sure it's at the start of the series. It's when Miyako calls Yuno Yunocchi for the first time.
Old 2010-01-29, 09:31   Link #114
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
It's when Miyako calls Yuno Yunocchi for the first time.
That's in episode 1 of season 2.
Old 2010-01-29, 11:36   Link #115
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Dang, I just love it. This is also the first Hidamari Sketch ED I love so much to the point of wanting it on my mp3 player (previous 2 EDs, not so much, only the OPs).
In my case, I'm considering getting the CD for both the Opening and Ending of the third season. Right now, I have the OP S1, OP S2, and ED S1. So it only feels right to get the rest as well. Not that I don't have other things to get.
Old 2010-01-30, 06:16   Link #116
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I don't know if people have talked about this already, but I just realized that Yuno is ridiculously "clean" down there. I mean we see her naked EVERY episode...so does she like shave....
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 07:19   Link #117
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Does anyone else have trouble playing the fansub releases lately? At first I couldn't play Nutbladder's releases, so I settled for Tortoise's, but as of this episode, I can't play their's either.

Anyone know what's going on?
Old 2010-01-30, 07:56   Link #118
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω

Quote:
(heck, even Yuno was nodding at Nori's lecture at the department store, as if hearing an old story for her older self)
Wasn't that because she's still thinking along those lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Anyone know what's going on?
Some of the players don't seem to like the stars in the title. It should work if you simply replace them.
Sophrosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 07:57   Link #119
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I don't know if people have talked about this already, but I just realized that Yuno is ridiculously "clean" down there. I mean we see her naked EVERY episode...so does she like shave....
Should you take Shaft's art as realistic at all?
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 08:23   Link #120
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophrosyne View Post
Some of the players don't seem to like the stars in the title. It should work if you simply replace them.
Tortoise's releases are named Hoshimittsu, not with stars, so that's not it. The odd thing is the first 3 played fine, but now this.

Tags
comedy, seinen, shaft, slice of life