AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-03, 08:23   Link #141
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

In my honest opinion, I'd kill to have a Naxxramas-like attunement. Quick and fairly easy. Get the mats (or none at all, depending on your reputation level) and tadaa, attuned. Maybe throw in a quest in a 5-man / 10-man dungeon if that's not enough. Nothing overly taxing like "go to instance X and kill Prince K and Lady V" who are 25-man bosses. Perhaps I'm lazy, who knows, but I sure hate having to backtrack to older raid instances and waste an entire raid day which could've been better spent on progression content.

A 5-man / 10-man + mats turn-in attunement wouldn't / shouldn't be bad at all and can be done off-raid hours. Well, that's my personal preference hehe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Editted Portion :

A half-joking ytmnd as to why raids usually get stuck on raid content. ^_^

http://kaelthasraiding.ytmnd.com/
Old 2007-10-04, 08:11   Link #142
Jenya

Send a message via ICQ to Jenya
I have never enjoyed raiding that much and always favored PvP aspect of the game.

Experience, reasonable PvP gear, teamplay, and good character control pretty much guarantee victory over any PvE gear.
Jenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 10:16   Link #143
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Experience, reasonable PvP gear, teamplay, and good character control pretty much guarantee victory over any PvE gear.
that's because resilience is overpowered as hell in pvp.

Before that, a t3/t2 geared team could give GM/HWL team a good match assuming both equally skilled.
Old 2007-10-04, 19:10   Link #144
StarTouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
I have never enjoyed raiding that much and always favored PvP aspect of the game.

As Jazzrat said, the introduction of resilience in TBC trounces PvE gear in the arenas / standard PvP BGs.

Back in "vanilla WoW", me and my former PvPmates could steamroll cross-server horde teams (in HWL gear) in our tier 2/2.5/3 sets. Then we came across a horde team with FULL tier 3 gear (weapons included) and got our butts handed back to us .

Times have changed for the PvP scene, and I believe it's for the better. No longer must one PvE to get gear for PvP. Two sides of the coin, in my opinion. ^_^
Old 2007-10-06, 12:35   Link #145
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

I used to play it but after I got to 70 and did some raiding, I stopped playing, I'm only going to return for the storyline in the quests, even though Blizz ruined the story by continuing the story in an MMORPG -_-
Old 2007-10-06, 15:04   Link #146
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I just quit the game a few weeks ago. Guild was just starting to make headway into SSC and TK but I just got burned out. The guild was huge and we had a ton of unreliable people so our raid group composition was different every day, and some of the people we brought were still in greens and blues. There were nights when we wiped like crazy on Gruul after having him on farm for months because of this. We were capable of downing Void Reaver but my motivation quickly dried up knowing that I could be spending hours clearing the worst trash ever only to be unable to kill him before enrage because of the slackers (I'm talking dps classes below the tanks in damage, that's how bad it was).

There was also the issue of having to explain every fight for every raid because of all the new people we constantly had, and taking forever between attempts after wipes. All in all, a huge waste of time. The final straw was when the officers implemented a new dkp system that rewarded the slackers, new recruits, and people who only showed up when they felt like it just as much as the people who had built the guild from the ground up.

Heh, I thought I'd enjoyed the game but typing all this makes me realize I guess I didn't. Might start playing again with the new expansion, but only for exploring the new areas and pvp. After this ordeal in BC and my Naxx guild imploding pre-BC, I think I'm done with raiding.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 03:02   Link #147
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
Meh...that's why i never played in the 1st place, this has nothing to do with warcraft, it's just another MMORPG.

When will the day come that some actually "good" comes around? when this xpac comes out, it's time to hop back onto my orc and bot my way up there.
Old 2007-10-12, 03:39   Link #148
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

tell me a better MMO than WoW. Most of em are half assed games that could hardly live up to their hype.
Old 2007-10-12, 04:08   Link #149
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
that's because resilience is overpowered as hell in pvp.

Before that, a t3/t2 geared team could give GM/HWL team a good match assuming both equally skilled.
A good match? Assuming equal skill a team in t3 (and t2/2.5 prior to pvp gear buff) would steam roll a team in Rank 14 gear. You cannot compare rank 14 weapons to Naxx weapons (gm claymore vs might of menethil, 14 dagger vs Kingsfall lol), not to mention raiders had massive advantages in the following slots; neck, cloak, belt, rings, 1 trinket.

Back when AQ was the shiznit my guild stomped pvp geared horde teams to the point they stopped queuing in wsg period after 1 loss/knowing we were playing.

I'm looking forward to guild vs guild wsg in this expansion, on my new server Tich.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 04:13   Link #150
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can't compare GM claymore and Might of menthil because they are obviously not in the same tier...

R14 was "equal" to G2, absolutely not G3.
As for "advantages", it depends.

Warrior, for examples, are uglily shafted in PVP if they are picking gear in PVE, even in naxx. (no, really... aside of the weapons, what else? very few items, like gauntlets of annihilation or Girdle of the mentor)
Seriously, trying to PVP with PVE gear (most likely, fury gear) is simply madness

and some other classes are laughable with PVE gear (Mages are not exactly a threat in T2)
Old 2007-10-12, 09:31   Link #151
StarTouch

My memory is a bit fuzzy on my "vanilla" WoW days but I do believe warriors used to don tier 2.5 (Conquerors) + <insert 2-hander of choice (most often GM claymore, Dark Edge of Insanity, Might of Menethil, Ashkandi)>.

Tier 3 wasn't exactly super for outright damage but it had its use, mostly in WSG. Want to turtle up for a bit? Get that warrior of yours in Tier 3 + shield to hold the flag. Your druid flag runner getting smashed by a flag room defense? Send in that exact same warrior + some healbot / CC. But yes, outside WSG, one wouldn't usually put on that tier 3 set (I don't feel like including AV, since I hate that BG with a passion ^_^).

And mages in Tier 2...good times. There was a reason why my PvP team used to make fun of the Netherwind set as the NEVERWIN set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

@ Akeval

While you may think that this game isn't exactly "good" (as you put it), one must imagine that Blizzard is doing something right for having 9 million accounts registered to WoW. By far, WoW is the most successful MMOrpg ever (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Last edited by StarTouch; 2007-10-12 at 16:45.
StarTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 14:43   Link #152
Ending

Quote:
one must imagine that Blizzard is doing something right for having 9 million accounts registered to WoW
You know, once any piece of entertainment passes a certain threshold level it continues to spread like a cancer. And you don't get rid of it any easier either even if thousands suddenly decided to give up gaming. As long as it is even somewhat acceptable to the masses, Blizzard can keep milking it. I'm sure that 15 million customers will come much faster than the first three.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 16:45   Link #153
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTouch View Post
My memory is a bit fuzzy on my "vanilla" WoW days but I do believe warriors used to don tier 2.5 (Conquerors) + <insert 2-hander of choice (most often GM claymore, Dark Edge of Insanity, Might of Menethil, Ashkandi)>.

Ah, I have fond memories of the Ashkandi, everyone used to complain that it never dropped and then my guild started getting one every week. At one point, we had more than the rest of the server combined - every warrior that ever went to BWL with us had one and they started giving them to pallies and hunters. And yeah, every pvp warrior I knew used those ugly Conqueror bug shoulders.
Old 2007-10-12, 16:51   Link #154
StarTouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
You know, once any piece of entertainment passes a certain threshold level it continues to spread like a cancer. And you don't get rid of it any easier either even if thousands suddenly decided to give up gaming. As long as it is even somewhat acceptable to the masses, Blizzard can keep milking it. I'm sure that 15 million customers will come much faster than the first three.
Aye, agreed. People would hear the buzz of WoW and come flocking to it once, as you put it, the game passes that certain "threshold level". I believe that WoW's selling point that made it so popular was / is that it's advertised as a game with an easy learning curve (can't deny this) and directed at the casual gamer (this may be debatable). Well, I can't foresee WoW dying off any time soon.
Old 2007-10-12, 17:05   Link #155
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Yes, and WoW was the few MMO that passed that threshold. They probably killed a number of new mmos that was still stuck in the old mentality of release now, fix later because the consumers are expecting better overall quality from the industry.

WoW isn't good, it's a runaway success in both MMO and gaming (what other games makes as much as WoW now?)

While T3 is the top end gear pre TBC, HWL/GM gear isn't that far behind. My own team have beaten t3 geared pvp guilds in the Ruin Battlegroup and we only had 2 or 3 people in full GM while others are still a mix of GM and PvP blues. A number of top pvp group i seen (mostly folks from Kel'Thuzad) had gm/hwl gear and still manage to beat other t3 groups. We spend almost 100% of our time pvping before TBC came around.
Old 2007-10-13, 08:28   Link #156
sedukshun
kimee ~

im in my GM/Veteran gear.
prefer PvP of course.

but yeah i'd like to see what WotLK will bring.
Deathknight looks fun.

Little disheartening. that they'd make ultimate boss(s) killable...=,="
it's like ahhh theyre invincible.

but maybe 3rd expansion, all boss are dead and we all RP a happy life? XD!!

My elf druid might retire to be a baker...set up in Stormwind of course =p
sedukshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 01:36   Link #157
karasuma

karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 03:58   Link #158
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You can't compare GM claymore and Might of menthil because they are obviously not in the same tier...

R14 was "equal" to G2, absolutely not G3.
That's my point... the G2 quality R14 gear come out in the same patch as Naxx, so while at first R14 gear was on par with T2/2.5 PVE gear quickly took the advantage as Naxx got farmed.

You can't say you can't compare MoM vs GM Claymore/Axe because they were the best of the pve/pvp aspects. Compared to 2.3 where the Vengeful Gladiator sword is very comparable to the Archimonde sword.

Quote:
and some other classes are laughable with PVE gear (Mages are not exactly a threat in T2)
AQ geared mages were better off than PVP grind mages, Enigma was pretty much a more offensive version of the pvp set and than you had rings/weapons/capes/necks etc.

If you had access to AQ and had r14 gear you pretty much wore 2 of the warlord gear for the stam bonus, rest was pve gear. Rank 14 weapons were quickly obsolete for mages.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 12:28   Link #159
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
So an update to this thread to see what you all think..

Haha...So peoples? Noone seems to be on this anymore..but maybe once I post you will...The new patch came out a couple weeks ago, and I want to know what you all think? I for one love it. Exspecaily the major reduction for xp needed between 20-60......They've added a new town over in Dustmallow Marsh as well as a Flight Path in the Rebel Camp over in STV...so what do you people think????
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 17:24   Link #160
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I get random urges to start playing the game again and now that the new patch is out I kind of want to even more, as I'd been planning to start leveling my warrior alt again before I quit and this makes it a lot easier. Though when I think of the backlog of games I already have and how bored I will be in a few months if I start playing again, it's even easier to just not bother. Maybe once the expansion comes out though, the exploration of new areas was what originally drew me to the game and was the most enjoyable experience in it.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows