AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-26, 13:42   Link #81
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayn View Post
Spoiler for Sora route:
Spoiler for Sora/Nao:
Old 2010-10-26, 13:59   Link #82
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Sora/Nao:

Spoiler for Sora route:
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 14:08   Link #83
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayn View Post
Spoiler for Sora route:
Spoiler for Sora route:
Old 2010-10-26, 14:56   Link #84
Nickymanga

I'm so jealou you guys got to play the game! its sonds so much more interesting coming from you guys!
does haru sleep with Sora in the game?
Well he sleeps with everyone in the game so I guess he does.
And he blushes around her in the ainme so that must lead to something

BTW does anyone have a favourite heroine who they liked Haru with to be with?
I wanted Sora only because actual sibling love especially twins is quite rare in anime not so much in eroge games though

I don't why but I didn't like nao even without knowing her route/story
Nickymanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 15:40   Link #85
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymanga View Post
Well, Sora is one of the heroines in the game, and she's even the "titular character", so I don't think it's even a spoiler to say that yes, in Sora's path of the game, Haruka and Sora share that kind of intimacy.

Quote:
Regardless of anything else, I think Sora's route is the best the game has to offer. It features the most-developed story, has the most character development, and is -- I think -- the most interesting (ref: some of the conversations we had above for examples). And I won't lie -- the fact that Sora has (IMO) one of the most beautiful character designs ever doesn't hurt at all.

But that aside, I would say that my next favourite heroine in the game is Kazuha, but this is probably more personal preference and bias than anything directly from the game. I have a natural weakness for the beautiful tsundere/ojou-sama types in these sorts of games.

I also liked Akira and her story a fair bit. Objectively speaking, I think her path was a bit better-developed than Kazuha's story, even though I was naturally predisposed to liking Kazuha more due to my bias.

The heroines I didn't really care much for are Nao and Motoka. Nao for reasons already explained, and Motoka because her story felt pretty tacked-on and unnecessary for me (I really don't see why Haruka would want to have anything to do with her, but it's probably just me... ).

In terms of the fandisk, I did like Kozue's path, though it's a lot less serious than the other paths (it was even told largely from Kozue's perspective, which made it even funnier; Kozue is a cute and hilarious klutz when it comes to romance). I haven't had any interest at all to try Yahiro's path, though -- just not really a character that ever interested me at all (and like Motoka, I don't see any reason why Haruka would get close to her).

Of course, all of the above are my own completely personal opinions, and I'm sure that others feel differently.
Old 2010-10-26, 16:10   Link #86
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I am going to be agreeing with relentless here regarding Nao - i couldn't really develop much of sympathy towards her during the game, because her past intercourse with Haruka really did feel like her taking advantage of him. Perhaps that comes off somewhat strongly due to wording, but she certainly knew what she was up to. For Haru, i wouldn't really say that. While Haru of today doesn't really think of it that way (It is hard to imagine a conclusion other than that on his part, really), i am not so sure that applies to the past Haru. At any rate, it is safe to say that Nao is the one whose arc i am looking towards the least.

@Nickymanga - i would suggest trying not to get influenced by our opinions here and approach the story with open mind, and draw your own conclusions from it. Perhaps you will see things in a different light, perhaps you will judge things in a different way. Opinions are as many as there are fish in the sea, no need to base yours on our pre-established ones.

On another note..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymanga
I think everyone has a favorite character, it would be a rare masterpiece that manages to make all the characters equally appealing for everyone

The "true path" of the story is doubtlessly Sora, and i found it both emotionally loaded (as is the atmosphere of the whole VN, really) and quite satisfying. It did a decent job of exploring and explaining Sora's issues and the implications of the "sibling love" matter. My opinion on Sora herself is somewhat mixed, as i find her both interesting at times, somewhat annoying at others, but in the end i don't fault her too much - it is clear she has issues, deep rooted ones, and watching those unfold made for a quite satisfying story.

My personal favorite character though is Akira - if there is one thing i developed after playing through the game, it was respect for her character. Despite the cards life had dealt her, she manages just fine, taking true happiness from the little things in life and being a bundle of positive energy to all around. She isn't an airhead to any degree (she is probably the most mature of them all), she is just genuinely content with what she has and what she does, and makes the best of it. I find her strength quite commendable.

I rather liked her path as well - which, besides delivering the true meat of her and Kazuha's story, also had quite interesting developments for Sora. In a way it was almost unique seeing Sora become actual friends with Akira and come to care for her - i would say Akira's path is the most mentally healthy way for Sora out of her issues, and Akira's romance with Haru the one she feels least threatened by (Quite the contrast with Nao). All in all, a great character and a quite satisfying story, not only for her and Kazuha, but for Sora as well.
/end fanboy rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless
In terms of the fandisk, I did like Kozue's path
Damn, i really need to get around to reading it. I found Kozue a quite fun character during the original (Her klutziness is quite charming), and remember being quite surprised (and disappointed) the game didn't have a path for her - i hadn't checked beforehand, and was 100% sure she would To this day i haven't figured why Motoka featured a path, but not Kozue - i also saw no reason why Haru would want to have anything to do with her. And yeah, i am not touching Yahiro's path even with a ten feet pole once i get around to reading the fandisk - this feels even more tacked on than Motoka, which is saying something
Old 2010-10-26, 23:03   Link #87
Francismeunier
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am going to be agreeing with relentless here regarding Nao - i couldn't really develop much of sympathy towards her during the game, because her past intercourse with Haruka really did feel like her taking advantage of him.
WOAH! Hold on here! Are you saying during that OP they did it fully at that age? I don't believe it! They could not do it at that age with dull penetration! That's ridiculous to assume that.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 23:10   Link #88
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
WOAH! Hold on here! Are you saying during that OP they did it fully at that age? I don't believe it! They could not do it at that age with dull penetration! That's ridiculous to assume that.
Spoiler for Nao/Sora paths:
Old 2010-10-26, 23:20   Link #89
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Nao/Sora paths:
Yeah I know about the mouth shut....I learned my lesson.
The OP makes it looks they were under 10 years old at least since the time gap before they came back was 4 years. They would be now around 14/16?
Old 2010-10-26, 23:22   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
The OP makes it looks they were under 10 years old at least since the time gap before they came back was 4 years.
Well, if it's been 4 years, maybe they were as young as 12/13, as I believe that they should be about 16/17 in the anime at the moment. (Those are just my guesses, though, because I don't think they ever officially announced their age... for obvious reasons given the content.)
Old 2010-10-26, 23:24   Link #91
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Well, if it's been 4 years, maybe they were 12/13, as I believe that they should be about 16/17 in the anime at the moment. (Those are just my guesses, though, because I don't think they ever officially announced their age.)
I see well certainly doing all the way does make Nao not pure anymore Still I find it hard even at 12/13.....is this really in the game then it happens again when they come back so Haru does her like 2 or 3 times?

What exactly does happen in Nao's route that I should into consideration.
Old 2010-10-27, 04:24   Link #92
Zexas

Damn they did the deal in Kazuha route

I though for sure that they're going to troll the viewer for some more

Interesting format they take on the anime. Not that there're no adv and disadv of it...... I guess I just want more of Sora in the anime...
Old 2010-10-27, 08:23   Link #93
Nickymanga

@Skyfall
I understand what your saying and I can asure you that I'm not basing or being influenced by other opinions to form my own since I can't really make my own judgemnt until I have watched all the anime!
I was merely looking for spoilers from those who have played or are famillair with game to help provide some insight as to what may happen next in the anime to appease my appetite for wanting to know what happens in a story before it does.
(Though now that doesn't really matter since now I know it's omnibus format)

Obviously no one except the anime creators/directors actually know whats going to happen.

Also although I'm not influenced by what I have read here when watching the anime ,I think it is interesting to see other people's point of veiw from those those who know the game and are now watching anime since as I think you were hinting in your comment evrybody's opinion is different.

But anyway back to my main point Iam watching the anime with a clear mind I just think a little insight doesn't hurt anyone.

Also if I'm honest I wasn't sure how to take your comment since its hard to tell the tone of which someone is trying to say something in text form but I don't think you were being negative so it's all good!
Nickymanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 11:16   Link #94
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Also if I'm honest I wasn't sure how to take your comment since its hard to tell the tone of which someone is trying to say something in text form but I don't think you were being negative so it's all good!
Yeah, I'm quite sure that no negative tone was intended. I think the meaning was just "don't take our word for it!" I mean, each player approaches the game with their own set of biases, and you can see even from the conversation between Slayn and myself that reasonable people can interpret the same scenes differently in light of various factors. There's not necessarily one right answer. With the anime, they have an opportunity to present things in a different light, so who knows... maybe your favourite characters will be completely different than ours in the end (or maybe we'll end up having some changes of heart about the characters as presented in the anime). In any case, the important thing is to keep an open mind, which it sounds like you have, so no worries.

Main thing is that we want everyone to enjoy the anime, and for some people having too many "preconceptions" can be a bad thing. Other people are more able to take things in stride. It's all up to the person.
Old 2010-10-27, 12:20   Link #95
larethian

Quote:
Spoiler for Sora/Nao:
completely agree on disliking Nao's route because of that. moreover, I'm not into gigantus b**bs. in fact, just because of the first reason, I'd prefer Motoka's route even though it's the weakest and non-sensical (to me at least).

Quote:
I'm so jealou you guys got to play the game! its sonds so much more interesting coming from you guys!

I wanted Sora only because actual sibling love especially twins is quite rare in anime not so much in eroge games though

I don't why but I didn't like nao even without knowing her route/story
Sora route can only be unlocked after you finish all other routes. So he has to sleep with everyone lol. The route is good enough to appease me for being forced to play Nao and Motoka.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 12:30   Link #96
evilson

Can anyone tell me where to get the game guide of yosuga no sora please?
evilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 12:45   Link #97
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Sora route can only be unlocked after you finish all other routes. So he has to sleep with everyone lol. The route is good enough to appease me for being forced to play Nao and Motoka.
Errr, no. You don't have to play all the routes before Sora's.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:18   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Errr, no. You don't have to play all the routes before Sora's.
This is correct (I think you only have to complete one other path first?), but I actually had this misunderstanding myself when I played the game. Truth be told, though, I think it's actually a good way to play the game, as a lot of the elements in Sora's path build on things shown in the other paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilson View Post
Can anyone tell me where to get the game guide of yosuga no sora please?
Google is your friend, but for some reason the forum is munching my Japanese, so here. (Of course, it goes without saying that both the game and the guide are in Japanese.)
Old 2010-10-27, 13:27   Link #99
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, Sora is unlocked as soon as you are done with any route.
If my memories don't fail me, I think Motoka is in the same situation, although you have to finish Kazuha's route first.

But it has been so long that I may be wrong about that trigger.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:27   Link #100
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:

There was no negativity involved indeed (i guess i should keep nurturing the habit of inserting at least one "" per post where i am not out to get someone .... ), just a general warning (if you can call it that) for people in general to keep an open mind and try and not get influenced by our conversations here, which might lead to developing preset impressions on characters/events, when the anime has yet to get to these. Case in point with Nao - she isn't a character i like, but it is probably best for one to approach her character, as presented in the anime, with an open mind, not an expectation to dislike her. Obviously, the very purpose of looking for spoilers is to develop a preset impression on those very things, but what i am trying to say with my ramblings is that i hope people end up appreciating the anime for what it is, and use our musings here to see whether their opinion matches up to our own, rather than a guiding lens through which to approach the show. Like relentless said, having too many preconceptions can be a bad thing depending on how much one sticks to them.

Just some general musings from me, please don't think i am focusing on you specifically here, much less negatively, that was never my intention
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian
Actually, you only have to finish one (any) route in order to unlock Sora's. Though i can see why people would "fall" for it without attempting otherwise, as plenty of games employ the "true end only after you have cleared all the others" method.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance