AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-08, 07:37   Link #61
Katapan
俺様祭り

As far as I know, Gainax was confirmed on a staffer's Twitter not long ago (it was most likely reposted on Yaraon a few days ago but I can't be bothered to look for it again). Of course, it doesn't mean so much anymore... Imaishi and others leaving just further confirms that the studio has been pulling a Manglobe, going as generic as possible and losing its identity in the process.

(With that said the Medaka Box adaptation could still turn out to be great, it's just that I don't think anyone should raise their expectations from the name of the studio alone, only the staff list will matter.)
Old 2011-11-01, 17:35   Link #62
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
As far as I know, Gainax was confirmed on a staffer's Twitter not long ago (it was most likely reposted on Yaraon a few days ago but I can't be bothered to look for it again). Of course, it doesn't mean so much anymore... Imaishi and others leaving just further confirms that the studio has been pulling a Manglobe, going as generic as possible and losing its identity in the process.
I really really hope that Gainax doesn't get this show. Don't get me wrong, I love Gainax but that's because of the anime originals they've made over the years and not their adaptations.

Oh well, let's see what comes out of this. I'm hoping for the best since I'm quite partial to Nisio's writing and wit.
Old 2011-11-02, 22:19   Link #63
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I really really hope that Gainax doesn't get this show. Don't get me wrong, I love Gainax but that's because of the anime originals they've made over the years and not their adaptations.

Oh well, let's see what comes out of this. I'm hoping for the best since I'm quite partial to Nisio's writing and wit.
Well aesthetics-wise, Dantalian no Shoka looked absolutely amazing.
Old 2011-11-03, 02:50   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality

Gainax atm isn't even Gainax anymore... while the new blood may turn out to be great I wouldn't look @ anything they've done in the past as any indication of their next work.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 11:28   Link #65
xizro345
King's Justice

I don't want Gainax but for opposite reasons: I think they should stay away from anime in general.
Also, I hope they use a somewhat concluded arc (even with an original ending if possibile), as I feel the latter part of the manga is extremely weak and would just drag the show down.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 13:58   Link #66
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

.... wait what?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 06:20   Link #67
Misdreavius

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Also, I hope they use a somewhat concluded arc (even with an original ending if possibile), as I feel the latter part of the manga is extremely weak and would just drag the show down.
The hell you on about? Kumagawa makes the manga an infinity times better. It'd be a shame if he doesn't show up at all!

Then again, he probably won't show up at all as even a double-cour series isn't enough to properly adapt the whole flask plan arc. Hell, I even forsee them using Kumagawa as a cliffhanger for a third season.

They won't make it to the third major arc anyway (the five girls) unless it's a long-running shounen show.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 07:37   Link #68
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavius View Post
The hell you on about? Kumagawa makes the manga an infinity times better. It'd be a shame if he doesn't show up at all!

Then again, he probably won't show up at all as even a double-cour series isn't enough to properly adapt the whole flask plan arc. Hell, I even forsee them using Kumagawa as a cliffhanger for a third season.

They won't make it to the third major arc anyway (the five girls) unless it's a long-running shounen show.
I don't have problem if they conclude it with flask plan arc, or even better, the minus arc.

50 episode ala sket dance or split cour like nuramago would be nice.
Old 2011-11-05, 09:28   Link #69
AleX_MytH

Quote:
50 episode ala sket dance or split cour like nuramago would be nice.
Sket Dance is confirmed to be a 4-cour show? I thought it'll be like Gintama (200+ eps).
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 11:06   Link #70
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
Sket Dance is confirmed to be a 4-cour show? I thought it'll be like Gintama (200+ eps).
Well at least we getting 50 eps... that's what I meant.

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-11-05 at 11:23.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 12:34   Link #71
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavius View Post
I think that part of the manga shows a few issues in the way Medaka is handled. And for goodness sake, let it be a short show (25 episode max), I don't want any of the infinity series that already plague Shueisha titles.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 13:28   Link #72
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Sket Dance has 39 episodes, but it's my opinion.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 00:32   Link #73
Misdreavius

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
I swear I read SOMEWHERE that this was planned to be a split 2-cour show in April then October a la Fate zero and Kimi to Boku.

Actually I have no idea. However I wish that this series gets lots of episodes. Every Shounen Jump anime I can remember has at least 24 episodes.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 02:39   Link #74
tsunade666

I'm not interested much in the beginning of medaka box. it gets interesting for me when the minus arrive. So a long running one is welcome than a 1 cour which will only lead to flask plan arc.
Old 2011-11-06, 23:21   Link #75
solomon

So yea I just started reading Medaka Box, took a while but it grew on me.

The manga is really talky (what am I saying it's MANGA) so all I really ask for is a good director and animation staff. If Gainax gets it, then that's fine by me because they have great animators.

Don't see what everyone is getting all apprehensive for.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 02:38   Link #76
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^ HAD great animators.
Old 2011-11-07, 13:36   Link #77
solomon

Could you elaborate?

I know that animation studios in Japan aren't like the american ones of yesteryear where they actually have animators in house.

But Weither its Hanamaru, Gurren Laggan, Panty and Stocking or Dantalian (or whatever its called), Gainax has (or gets) animators that make top of the line TV work, up there with Manglobe and IG.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 08:49   Link #78
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Could you elaborate?

I know that animation studios in Japan aren't like the american ones of yesteryear where they actually have animators in house.

But Weither its Hanamaru, Gurren Laggan, Panty and Stocking or Dantalian (or whatever its called), Gainax has (or gets) animators that make top of the line TV work, up there with Manglobe and IG.
Imashi and few other staffs left Gainax, that's for sure

and Manglobe? After TWGOK, TWGOK II and Preview of HnG the Movie, I don't think of them as a good studio anymore
Old 2011-11-10, 02:35   Link #79
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
Imashi and few other staffs left Gainax, that's for sure

and Manglobe? After TWGOK, TWGOK II and Preview of HnG the Movie, I don't think of them as a good studio anymore
TWGOK and TWGOK II both were very good. It's not your usual Ergo Proxy, but both seasons are good(thanks to the manga source)
Old 2011-11-10, 04:27   Link #80
tsunade666

The animation of manglobe is still top notch and I like how they did TWGOK. So I had no problem if they do it. Could I dream of ufotable? I like the way they do fate/zero

Tags
action, comedy, shounen