AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 10:29   Link #141
leokiko

I will probably not gonna watch this. Not into magical girls stuff(aside from Madoka).
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 10:40   Link #142
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The first thing that came to mind watching the PV was "are those OOO's Medals they're using to transform?"

Though this I shall watch for its glorious animation

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 10:44   Link #143
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Combining both the success of K-on and Madoka Magica into one.
Now that you mention it, my blue haired waifu shares a lot of resemblance with Azu-nyan ... or should I say too much
Old 2012-08-10, 10:50   Link #144
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Okay, the PV revealed some interesting details.

The girls' names are:
- Washioka Itaru (brown-haired girl)
- Asagi Asuka (blond girl)
- Oribe Kotone (blue-haired girl)

As others have already noticed, they apparently form a band. Itaru plays contrabass, Kotone plays guitar and Asuka plays drums. I assume Kotone is the singer (unless they all sing, of course).

And unless my ears are deceiving me (and nothing gets changed halfway through), Kotone will be voiced by Rie Kugimiya, meaning she'll yet again be voicing a tsundere loli. I can't make out the other two, maybe someone else can?
Old 2012-08-10, 10:56   Link #145
sirn
田舎者言うな

Kotone is Kitamura Eri (with her Finnel's voice [5:30] in Ar Tonelico) than Kugimiya Rie, IMHO. Itaru is probably Mimori Suzuko with her usual voice. Not sure about Asuka but she sounds like Imai Asami (Chihaya in Idolmaster) at about 0:33 minutes in the clip.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 11:00   Link #146
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post

And unless my ears are deceiving me (and nothing gets changed halfway through), Kotone will be voiced by Rie Kugimiya, meaning she'll yet again be voicing a tsundere loli. I can't make out the other two, maybe someone else can?
If that's true then this will be my first Magical Girl with a possible tsundere female protagonist in the said genre. There probably have been tsundere Magical Girl leads, but I can't think of seeing them because most of are relatively normal and shy... from my own Magical Girl experience of course...
Old 2012-08-10, 11:04   Link #147
Cloudy

I wonder who will voice the mascots, Yuuki Aoi voicing as that bunny mascot would be a nice reversal of role.
Old 2012-08-10, 11:07   Link #148
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Oh yes here's a PV for those who didn't watch the stream last night. This seems to be taken from a camera for bear this in mind. Wonder if more footage will get released, hope so. There seems to be merchandise for this series already...interesting, they look cool at least to me.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-10, 11:12   Link #149
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

look like shaft is ascending to Kyoani and PA Works level in visual.
Old 2012-08-10, 11:17   Link #150
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
With the money flowing in from sales of Madoka Mgaica's Blu-ray and merchandise, its obvious that they have more money to improve their animation.
Old 2012-08-10, 11:21   Link #151
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Hopefully they won't ascend their "failing to meet deadlines" criteria too by taking too much work. Oh wait... that's too late

PA Works has been DESCENDING in visuals lately... which is the price you pay when you decide to go from producing 1 show a year to 2 and soon to be even more.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 11:25   Link #152
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:

PA Works has been DESCENDING in visuals lately... which is the price you pay when you decide to go from producing 1 show a year to 2 and soon to be even more.
PA Works descending in visuals...

Granted I'm no expert when it comes to animation, but the animations for Tari Tari looks pretty much on point and beautiful when it comes to the series itself. I don't know about the other PA stuff but like I said I'm no expert when it comes to visual so I can't really say much that can make my opinion seem valid to yours.
Old 2012-08-10, 11:28   Link #153
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Looks like Ai Nonaka is also there in this show.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 11:35   Link #154
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Hopefully they won't ascend their "failing to meet deadlines" criteria too by taking too much work. Oh wait... that's too late

Oh, is it time for the weekly PA Works/HanoIro/Mari Okada debate?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 11:50   Link #155
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Looks like Ai Nonaka is also there in this show.
So we have our fiesty, energetic magical girl . With Kugrie being the tsundere, bitchy one, I guess it makes sense to have a quiet reserved VA as the third. Why am I predicting Kayano Ai or Hanazawa Kana?
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 12:14   Link #156
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It would be better to wait for a proper video, but I agree that Kotone is -not- voiced by Kugimiya, but rather Kitamura. Kotone's pitch is really too low for Kugimiya and she doesn't have the characteristic tantrum style.

Anyway, the PV brim with cheerful content, but so far I doubt that all we have seen are part of actual animation of a given episode, save perhaps the henshin sequence.
So better wait for more trailer/info, especially I'm quite curious how the whole music band stuff will play in the plot, assuming it is relevant. That said Itaru's dream is quite unexpected considering the theme (building a rocket in order to go to space huh?)
Old 2012-08-10, 12:17   Link #157
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
It was nowhere near that level at all.

Seconding the notion that this looks like an OVA; it's too good-looking for a Shaft TV series, there doesn't appear to be any sort of plot, and they already have a lot on their plate what with the already-announced Madoka 3.0, Kizumonogatari, Zenmonogatari, Hidamari Honeycomb, etc.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 12:24   Link #158
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
lol another animation discussion again. My experience is that the animation for something is never as good as I'm expecting, but the character design always looks better once it's in actual motion in a show. It's really hard to make out what's going on in that PV seeing as I'm looking at it from a side angle view at a distance, but I'm not sure how I can get a real sense of what the show is going to look like for the most part by looking at that video. Generally the best sense is to watch the 3rd episode of something. If a show still looks exceptional by the third episode then it will probably be well-animated.

I think people are setting themselves up for huge disappointment by expecting this to be like Madoka. That doesn't mean it has no chance of being a good show just that there's no reason of yet to assume it'll have the same tone or type of story content as Madoka.

At the very least it gives me an actual opportunity to maybe watch a Shaft show again for the first time since Madoka. I know Monogatari is well loved by many but I honestly can't stand the direction, dialogue, characters and frankly anything other than the quirky fanservice scenes, which aren't exactly something I dole out praise for. Hidamari Sketch.....just isn't up my alley. Also I think it bears mentioning that I can't take the animation style and direction in the PV looking nothing like ordinary shaft as a good sign. Didn't see a single Red or Black scene or any other bizarre visual cue.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 12:31   Link #159
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ People are like that. Back then, they were expecting Gainax or Bones to come up with something amazing every couple of year, but now ...
Old 2012-08-10, 12:42   Link #160
maximilianjenus
[E]

I am curious, what's a good bones series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It was nowhere near that level at all.

Seconding the notion that this looks like an OVA; it's too good-looking for a Shaft TV series, there doesn't appear to be any sort of plot, and they already have a lot on their plate what with the already-announced Madoka 3.0, Kizumonogatari, Zenmonogatari, Hidamari Honeycomb, etc.
you forgot Sasami-san@Ganbaranai which sounds as weird/good as sayonara zetsubou sensei.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote