AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 01:43   Link #321
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

The new characters:

ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 11:00   Link #322
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

Still can't play the game though since my internet connection is rather slow at the end of the month
I have ordered the game since last Wednesday, I received it by Monday right after Reitaisai. It's the first Touhou game I have ever purchased.

I love messing around with Futo's plates, and Byakuren, who feels like a replacement for Hong Meiling (hint: strong melee but not that good at bullets). Reimu is pretty much the Do-It All character. She gains popularity rather fast, her bullets are good, she have decent melee and most of all she is good at running away. Which is all the more disgusting when you decide to chicken out.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 11:18   Link #323
Marly
>AS

So apparently the win condition for 13.5 is either get your opponent's health down to 0 or have a higher "Faith" meter than your opponent by the time the round ends due to a timeout. Furthermore, this "Faith" meter carries over rounds, meaning if you won the first round by timeout while having a huge lead on your opponent over the "Faith" meter, you could literally just stall during the second round for the match.

I don't like this system too much.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 19:42   Link #324
Nofear3838
Hainiryuun

I tired out the demo for 14 earlier today. While it is standard that the challenge jumps sharply at stage 4 of pretty much every touhou game, I found the first 3 of the demo to be a lot easier that most games, still. My skill level is only about clearing normal on most games, so it kind of surprised me that I was able to get through the first 3 stages, on normal, without losing a life on my first try.
Nofear3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 11:43   Link #325
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
A very instructive video about Koishi, for I know many who have trouble figuring her out

Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 12:14   Link #326
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, she's a Suwako of Hopeless Masquerade, so I figure there will be a whole section dedicates toward her sooner or later .

Still, I need to find someone to play again. The AI is just suck and boring.
Old 2013-06-27, 16:50   Link #327
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
So apparently the win condition for 13.5 is either get your opponent's health down to 0 or have a higher "Faith" meter than your opponent by the time the round ends due to a timeout. Furthermore, this "Faith" meter carries over rounds, meaning if you won the first round by timeout while having a huge lead on your opponent over the "Faith" meter, you could literally just stall during the second round for the match.

The only way to win the first round by timeout while having a huge lead in faith, is if your opponent was blocking the entire time. In that case, it is your own opponent's fault that he didn't go on the offensive.
Old 2013-07-03, 08:33   Link #328
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post

I actually like it as it is more challenging and unique. Also, it's not faith, it's Popularity.

Oh yeah, how many people here has watched Diamond In The Rough? Made with Walfas, frame by frame, it pokes fun at countless Authors and Deconstructs the usual way people made Touhou fanfics (aka Gappy Sues/Stus). The fact that the incomplete preview reduced people to unintelligible sobbing messes is kind of awesome.

Summary Page: DitR
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 03:57   Link #329
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Stage 4 - 6 of DDC

I don't know about you guys, but I am liking most of the music of Touhou 14, and their gimmick are pretty cool (more like WTF? ).
Old 2013-08-12, 14:28   Link #330
Nofear3838
Hainiryuun

I found the game rather easy. 1CC'd normal on my second attempt, should have been the first if I didn't play like a complete idiot. This coming from someone that can't even 1CC normal for SA, UFO, or TD -.-

Nofear3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 22:43   Link #331
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

This game is more generous on Normal just because of the bombs and life pieces you get. But my understanding is that the harder difficulties are a nightmare.
Old 2013-08-12, 23:08   Link #332
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofear3838 View Post
I found the game rather easy. 1CC'd normal on my second attempt, should have been the first if I didn't play like a complete idiot. This coming from someone that can't even 1CC normal for SA, UFO, or TD -.-
Strange. I remember I had an easier time 1cc Normal for all of those games, but I'm struggling to do that with DDC.

Maybe I'm just suck at flipping control. Keep on dying at stage 5. I don't have a habit of using bombs, though.
Old 2013-08-12, 23:45   Link #333
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

got too curious about what this this "touhou" stuff is about and finally got around to play this game after much procrasting, started with EoSD, the first "modern" touhou game. played at normal mode and ran out of continues on my first run at stage 4.

any tips on playing this game? for now I'm spamming Lunatic mode to "train" myself at dodging bullets.
Old 2013-08-12, 23:53   Link #334
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I guess you should start off with "nudging", as in moving as little as possible to avoid bullets and get accustomed to the hitbox.

Although I'd suggest you to start with Touhou 7 - Perfect Cherry Blossom instead, since EoSD has some wacky and random pattern that could results in inevitable dead situation.

Or you could watch the gameplay on youtube to study bullet patterns.

[edit]
I'm not sure non-bombing run even possible in DDC.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2013-08-13 at 05:08.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 06:29   Link #335
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

still can't get pass stage 5 without running out of continues. OTL

Lunatic training helped though, after playing it for 10 run I can clear 3 first stage in normal without continuing, compare to use up 2 continues in the first 3 stage in some of my first run.

is EoSD one of the harder or easier game of touhou series?
Old 2013-08-13, 08:11   Link #336
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's harder in a sense that some spell cards have random pattern that could turn in impossible to avoid situation. Furthermore, there is no gimmick to save your ass, so I'd say PCB is easier since it gives you a little margin for error.

[edit]
Man, Sukuna's last spell card is way too bright and colorful. My eyes tired out only after 3 playthroughs.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2013-08-13 at 08:35.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 17:25   Link #337
Flere821
Lurker

Is Touhou 14 officially out, or are you guys talking about the demo?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 17:43   Link #338
Rocksmash
Trapped within boundaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Is Touhou 14 officially out, or are you guys talking about the demo?
Touhou 14 came out on the 3rd day of Comiket 84, which was on 12th August 2013 (Monday).
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 19:28   Link #339
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

And if you want DL link, find it on nyaa torrent.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 17:20   Link #340
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

got to stage 6, fought remilia to the last HP bar with 3 lives and full bomb left, thought I will just spam bomb to victory, only to find out that her last HP bar is immune to bombs, which result in those me watching those last 3 lives go 1 by 1 and game over. OTL

was totally clueless in that last pattern and my reaction was not fast enough to make full use of those bomb to clear out bullets when I nearly get hit.

Tags
game, ps vita, touhou