AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-10-19, 12:08   Link #47221
demino_hellsin
That one guy

This world will change. That was the intention of Shinonono Tabane. That was the dream of the machine known as Infinite Stratos. Beyond the clouds, beyond the sky. A far away place that men were not meant to reach. Ironic considering only women piloted Infinite Stratos. These machines which were bound to travel the cosmos could only be used by women. Add to the expensive development and outrageous claims of functionality, the government pulled funding from the research. However, dreamers are never quitters, and the obssessed take none too kindly to denial. The millenium is the third, the century is the twenty first. The world has amassed enough military power to end itself a hundred times over. But in one day, a single day, they lost control of it all. People believed it was armageddon. Over a thousand nuclear missiles were fired from every nuclear able country in the world, official or otherwise. There was no time for political dispute, the trajectories were calculated and countermeasures called into account. But what countermeasure could be made against all their greatest powers combined? More so that they're already in transit? What can a man do when bullets were fired at him from every direction? There was nothing left but to say their prayers.

The world would change. The target of this overwhelming strike would become nothing but a permanent scar upon the land. So they prayed, Japan prayed as they awaited the fate that befell Hiroshima fall upon them. They prayed for a miracle. And in a flash of light, that miracle came about. The sky itself burned a hot white, as if a hundred suns were being born before their eyes. Within all that blinding white, a shadow of the same shade moved. Angel, spirit, divinity, goddess. Those were the words people cried out when they saw its visage. The image of a woman in white armor tearing the sky itself asunder with her speed. Sword in hand and light in the other, a thousand rockets were felled. The world stood still as they watched their strength rendered meaningless. Those that could move were those that were indignant. Power, their power was lost and swallowed by this greater strength. This goddess, was their devil.

On that day, the world changed. The powers of the earth, enough to end itself many times over was utterly defeated. All by a single being. Those that bore witness to her last moments on this earth had not known how blessed they were. But they knew, they felt, they saw in her stance one of victory. And yet it also showed sadness at all this folly. Behind her was the dying light of the sun as the source of her strength was revealed. That armor was the secret to her strength. And the one who spoke of the power it granted was none other than the one who forged it. Shinonono Tabane unveiled to the world her creation, the Infinite Stratos.

The world changed. No longer was power measured by bombs or men or guns or anything else. Everything was settled by ownership of an Infinite Stratos. Strength was measured by how many able bodied women could act as pilots.

The world would change, that was the promise of the Infinite Stratos, and it was a promise it fulfilled.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 20:55   Link #47222
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Let's me guess... The opening speech for your fic?

Anyway, thinking about a half-crossover with Gundam 00. What do you guys think when Ichika as a teacher on a wheelchair and change his name into "Setsuna F. Seiei"?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 20:58   Link #47223
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Anyway, thinking about a half-crossover with Gundam 00. What do you guys think when Ichika as a teacher on a wheelchair and change his name into "Setsuna F. Seiei"?

Not me, it`s a bad idea. Many tried it
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 21:16   Link #47224
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Many? I though that there are only 5 or 6 Gundam 00 crossover? 1 of them is OC, a few more is mainstream? Mine is for the "Paradise Lost" idea - Older Ichika as the first pilot, died to save his younger twin sister.

And beside, it's more of a "Whole cast replacement". Phantom Task are Innovade, Celestial Being are Shirasaki,...

P/S: How about Charles as Alleluyah?
Old 2013-10-19, 21:25   Link #47225
demino_hellsin
That one guy

just letting off some steam fire, just letting off some steam. Saw the summaries and the Mahouka thread. I was immensely irritated.
Old 2013-10-19, 21:52   Link #47226
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That said, anyone here beside me and Masuzu read Mahouka?

Hmm... How old exactly is Iris? May use her and Natasha as the Flag pilots.
Old 2013-10-19, 23:12   Link #47227
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The world changed, but he didn't. Still weak, still naive. He wanted to be strong, Orimura Ichika wanted to be strong. Behind his sister's back, he worked, he studied, he did many things. There was barely any time for lazing, but he did that too. As a boy at 15 years of age, there wasn't much one could get from a part time job. So he took on three pay on work jobs each night. Every time a different job, but every time he would learn something new. What little time he had for anything else was spent studying. He was less afraid of his grades dropping as to his sister finding out he flunked class. It might even lead to her finding out about his nightly shifts.

He sighed to himself. The pouches in his hand were meat for yakiniku. He'd finally bought a table top grill that they could use for it too. He could even cook yakitori on it if his sister wanted.

These little things were what he did, but he never told his sister about them all. He wanted to ease her burdens even if just a little bit, but because he can't say anything she only worked harder. It felt pointless, everything Ichika did felt like he was just trying to satisfy his own ego.

"I want to grow up. I can't be the little brother forever."

"So. You want to change?"

"Huh?"

He doesn't notice the man already walking alongside him. The man is smiling, his gait is easy. Ichika thought the man dressed like a dandy with that suit clearly not stiff enough to look the part of an office worker. It was only safe to assume that the man was shady so he ignored it.

"Orimura Ichika, how long are you going to keep trembling about that incident one year ago?"

Ichika stopped. He just stopped, no slowing down, no dropping of things. Orimura Ichika just stopped. He turned to the man and spat, "Who the hell are you?"

The man seemed non-chalant as he continued his words without change in tone. "No one important in particular. At least not yet. Let me ask you this. Do you want to change the world?"

Crazy, that was Ichika's impression of the man. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"To change the world, to make it your own and dye it in your own colors. Don't you want it?"

"That's insane. I don't know why I'm even listening to you."

"Because that's what you want, Orimura Ichika. You want to change. This world, this reality, everything. Yourself. You want to change. I'm only here to offer that chance."

Ichika gripped his grocery bags tightly. He did want it. Change, he wanted change so bad he snuck behind his sister's back. He wanted change so much he disobeyed his sister's wishes for him to burden himself only with school and nothing else. But he was stuck. He wanted to deviate from the path his sister set out for him, but he was only skirting it. The path he now walked wasn't truly his path. He was only fooling himself if he thought he was advancing.

The man walked forward and slipped an envelope into one of the bags.

"He-Hey!"

"An invitation.", the man's smile widened. "The desire is there. I can see it. The question is what you will do with it. Tomorrow at 8 in the morning, meet us at that location if you really meant what you said."

"But I have entrance exams then!"

The man looked at Ichika with a pitying expression on his face. "This is your crossroads boy. Will you choose your fate, or will fate choose you? Struggle, wonder, think of all the possibilities that lay before you and choose. In the end, what awaits you will far exceed your wildest dreams."

"But if what you say is true!- If what you say is real. Then one night can't possibly be enough to think on it. It's my life!"

"One night is enough. Tomorrow might come, tomorrow might not. We make do with today to make tomorrow shine brighter but this day does not shine. What's the point? The impetuous of youth is recklessness and folly. Follow them, for you only have them today."
Old 2013-10-19, 23:25   Link #47228
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Interesting! (Gendo pose)
Old 2013-10-20, 06:00   Link #47229
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Once in a blue moon, coming from me... A scene with no OCs:

Spoiler for Totally Not A Reference:

Totally not.
Old 2013-10-20, 06:45   Link #47230
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Once in a blue moon, coming from me... A scene with no OCs:

Spoiler for Totally Not A Reference:

Totally not.
Hohoho! Good job! You somehow motivated me to give Chifuyu Exia, Madoka with and Ịchika with Reborn Gundam!
Old 2013-10-20, 06:51   Link #47231
HasuMasu
*Artist

Hmm~ I think it needs some Beta.
Old 2013-10-20, 06:53   Link #47232
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
Change your Avatar and Signature again?

Anyway, who would be talented enough to be Strato's Beta-er?
Old 2013-10-20, 06:59   Link #47233
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Hohoho! Good job! You somehow motivated me to give Chifuyu Exia, Madoka with and Ịchika with Reborn Gundam!
What's Madoka ending up with?

Quote:
Beta as in the reader or this dood:

Apologies but that anime somehow managed to carve itself into my head even though I only watched it once, so I really need to make sure, despite how senseless it is when I ask.

Quote:
Change your Avatar and Signature again?

Anyway, who would be talented enough to be Strato's Beta-er?
But I haven't even finished a chapter yet
Old 2013-10-20, 07:05   Link #47234
HasuMasu
*Artist

I mean Beta Reader, baka.
Old 2013-10-20, 07:36   Link #47235
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
What's Madoka ending up with?

Beta as in the reader or this dood:

Apologies but that anime somehow managed to carve itself into my head even though I only watched it once, so I really need to make sure, despite how senseless it is when I ask.

But I haven't even finished a chapter yet
Ah, sorry, I mean Dynames Gundam for Madoka!

And you haven't seen the TRUE Muv-Luv!
Old 2013-10-20, 08:25   Link #47236
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
baka.
Yes, I deserved that.

About the beta, the scene I posted was purely vent. Not meant to be in Athena or related in anyway. (Might change, might not)

If it gets in my head that I should write something that stars the CCs... Yeah, I'll probably need one.
Old 2013-10-20, 08:55   Link #47237
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Now, return to topic! How much do you usually contribute in create the surrounding in a fic? How much do you change about the history and development of them?
Old 2013-10-20, 09:13   Link #47238
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Now, return to topic! How much do you usually contribute in create the surrounding in a fic? How much do you change about the history and development of them?
A lot, because if you don't describe it properly, the readers would be confused. In the case of Sacred Twins, when I make some corrections, I make sure to make sure the audience knows what is happening, the environment they are in, and etc.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 09:20   Link #47239
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yes, yes... The WHOLE History of this World, I presume? For instance, my new Paradise Lost requires Exo-suit to be present and mass-produced for military before IS. And that lead to the divided of two type: Core User and Non-Core User.

Not to mention Russia and China is now in the same HRL pact... But what is more confuse is HRL in canon is a Communist system...

By the way, haven't anyone realized that we haven't got an Orbital Bombing weapon in canon?
Old 2013-10-20, 09:22   Link #47240
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Fire
Surroundings, you mean by Alternate Universes?

If so, I try to keep canon backstory untouched, whatever that's mentioned anyways. For Athena, canon history remains relatively untouched (How IS came to be, gender-power tipping, Tabane Shinonono)

While I believe that writing AUs grants the author a degree of twisting events here and about, as well as twisting characterizations to fit the story's atmosphere, I myself try as much as possible to NOT touch on CCs for AUs. There are a few reasons for that.*

With that, I would also be barely touching on canon development, since the fic revolves around a cast that's 99% OC. Any interactions with the CCs are hopefully kept to short exchanges**. In other words, I intend to have CCs as mere background characters**, despite their positions in canon story.

However, if I do make changes to canon materials, I'll still try to explain things in-story as to how they came to be.

*The reasons:
Spoiler for Reasons:

** Only exception thus far is the Silverio Gospel's AI, which plays a notable role in Athena alongside the OCs. Why? Because one of Athena's focuses is artificial intelligence to be treated akin to normal people.

And it's not like anyone would actually remember the poor AI programme anyway. Also, AI heroine. Why the heck not?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest