AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 08:30   Link #9721
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Are there really proms in one gender schools?
Most school in Indonesia are co-ed and there's no prom nigth whatsoever, so I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@zero: I see where you get those incest ideas man *wink* *wink*
I mean sport wise, I do mention that my twin sister practice Taekwondo right? I practice different kind of martial art (that focus more on stances/ katas), and sometimes we spar (with me curbstomped 5 out of 6 fight). A Fantasy will remain a fantasy

(Though having her being Tsundere does give me some inspiration)
Old 2011-11-26, 08:30   Link #9722
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@zero: i see where you get those incest ideas man *wink* *wink*

@eratas: Normally they have a neighboring one-gender school of the opposite gender. The two hold the prom together, kind of like a partner school event. Friends told me so. Partnering is awkward to say the least.
DESHOU!!!????

You can't hide forever, Zero.

EDIT: Cool, so you can fight, Vicky? WE SHOULD SPAR SOMETIME MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 2011-11-26, 08:34   Link #9723
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin, Zero and Box -Then how would a prom in IS academy go? Assuming there are only a limited amount of males.
Old 2011-11-26, 08:35   Link #9724
HasuMasu
*Artist

What usually happens is that the girls are allowed to invite boys from outside the school, either that or...*gets shot*
Old 2011-11-26, 08:35   Link #9725
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: If we're gonna make an ISA prom we're gonna have to break all the rules of canon and bring in as many male OCs as we can find D:

@detective: IS academy is international "holy ground". Security will be tight. Can't just drag in any old guy.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 08:39   Link #9726
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
DESHOU!!!????

You can't hide forever, Zero.
I never hide anything IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
EDIT: Cool, so you can fight, Vicky? WE SHOULD SPAR SOMETIME MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Uh, I'll be down in 3 minutes, believe me I'm just that weak. I do Pencak Silat so it keep me from being obese.

Quote:
@ demino_hellsin, Zero and Box -Then how would a prom in IS academy go? Assuming there are only a limited amount of males.
I think it'll do just that, time to reveal their lesbian future dre-

*Punched by his twin sister*

Just kidding, as Demino said, it'll be extraordinarily boring since it'll be all female party + Ichika, Irish and Kyuukai (maybe Max too, but he's a teacher). I think Tatenashi will do some contest again to determine the Prom Queen (Ichika is king by default, or maybe compete with Kyuukai, Irish will refuse or don't care)
Old 2011-11-26, 08:39   Link #9727
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@eratas: If we're gonna make an ISA prom we're gonna have to break all the rules of canon and bring in as many male OCs as we can find D:

@detective: IS academy is international "holy ground". Security will be tight. Can't just drag in any old guy.
A similar approach can be taken with Volume 5 to circumnavigate the problem, no?
Old 2011-11-26, 08:42   Link #9728
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Guys, do you think there would be an advantage for an IS that can control when its shields and PIC are active? And ofcourse these on and off switches can be done on the fly. :|

EDIT: V3 is trying to kill me with Cecilia's panty scene... I'ma have to get back to you on that one detective.
Old 2011-11-26, 08:43   Link #9729
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Guys, do you think there would be an advantage for an IS that can control when its shields and PIC are active? And ofcourse these on and off switches can be done on the fly. :|
I'm not sure why you'd want to turn them off though.
Old 2011-11-26, 08:46   Link #9730
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
All I.S. can do just that, but most pilot left it to the I.S. internal system. As for advantage, maybe increased endurance (such as Gospel not using it's barrier to defend against the party, instead using her armor) but of course the danger of being unprotected offset the benefit.

EDIT: I believe the activation of Reiryaku Byakuya and A.I.C. hinders the activation of barrier.
Old 2011-11-26, 08:50   Link #9731
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If I apply real life physics, sometimes certain flight maneuvers can only be applied with inertia on. PIC would just kill those moves(drifts and stuff).

Unless passive inertial canceller means cancelling inertia of a passive object(body at rest) while AIC stops the inertia of an active object(body in motion) (No idea how those would work).

The shields taking hits will cause the IS to shut down, if it were a machine that operates on the same principal but is required for long term combat, wouldn't it be better to conserve energy?
Old 2011-11-26, 08:50   Link #9732
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

No comment on the proposal on the previous page?

Also, is it possible to project the energy barrier such that it can be used for offensive purposes? Maybe like concentrating barrier on one's fists to deliver a devastating attack ala Daedalus Attack?

Edit: I just noticed how the re-written Chapter 8 has more hits now(83), even more than the other chapters aside from Chapter 1(403). The right choice indeed. :P
Old 2011-11-26, 08:52   Link #9733
Eratas123

@ Box, Zero and demino_hellsin - How about this then: each student is given a stub to invite someone they like to the prom even if they're outsiders, ISA is even willing to pay for flights for foreign students. Most of the students have no one to invite but some people like Utsuho invite Dan for example. The male characters in the academy are forced to attend by their Love interest or Love interests (Ichika's case). That'll be chaotic
Old 2011-11-26, 08:56   Link #9734
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: the proposal is solid... Though I doubt it would be government standard to have people doing weird hobbies as a profession(unless you're undercover). Everything else seems reasonable imo. but that's just the opinion of that one guy.

@era: I find it too sad... It's funny cause most of IS academy will be gunning for Ichika. Half the girls would probably have no one or call relatives to go with them. Those with the guts to call on single childhood friends that they haven't seen in a while will probably get a good night out of it. Too many complications XD (I am not a woman!)
Old 2011-11-26, 08:58   Link #9735
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
If I apply real life physics, sometimes certain flight maneuvers can only be applied with inertia on. PIC would just kill those moves(drifts and stuff).

Unless passive inertial canceller means cancelling inertia of a passive object(body at rest) while AIC stops the inertia of an active object(body in motion) (No idea how those would work).

The shields taking hits will cause the IS to shut down, if it were a machine that operates on the same principal but is required for long term combat, wouldn't it be better to conserve energy?
I do have a plan for that, but most of the time, P.I.C. usage is related to reduction of impact force, and thus drag, as well as functional weight of the I.S.

(Also, P.I.C. is not perfect, so there's force and weight left so to speak)

That's why even a small wings can make a lot of difference, I.S. still use Booster to do most of it's maneuver rather than P.I.C., but wings still can do jack if used properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
No comment on the proposal on the previous page?
Yeah, the cross-dressing is a little too far-fetched, but it's not like they have ANY choice.

Quote:
Also, is it possible to project the energy barrier such that it can be used for offensive purposes? Maybe like concentrating barrier on one's fists to deliver a devastating attack ala Daedalus Attack?
Or Setsura Shining Finger, for that matter.

Quote:
Edit: I just noticed how the re-written Chapter 8 has more hits now(83), even more than the other chapters aside from Chapter 1(403). The right choice indeed. :P
For some reason chapter 8 and 10 of Sacred Twins is way more popular than other.

Quote:
@ Box, Zero and demino_hellsin - How about this then: each student is given a stub to invite someone they like to the prom even if they're outsiders, ISA is even willing to pay for flights for foreign students. Most of the students have no one to invite but some people like Utsuho invite Dan for example. The male characters in the academy are forced to attend by their Love interest or Love interests (Ichika's case). That'll be chaotic
That's a little overboard, 100 males form every corner of the world... interesting but...

(Wait, doesn't Prom only apply to 3rd years)
Old 2011-11-26, 08:59   Link #9736
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Yup, that's what I was talking about, during the festival in Volume 5 they did the same thing, not the paid transportation though.
Old 2011-11-26, 09:00   Link #9737
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Take out the crossdressing and you're pretty much set. SWC was a joke, IS academy would not let a professor be crossdressed for a job

Also, does this mean Tsurugi will start first year at 17?

@ demino_hellsin - There are students who come from co-ed schools so not all of them will be lonely. Besides, I doubt EVERY girl is gunning for Ichika.
Old 2011-11-26, 09:07   Link #9738
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - Take out the crossdressing and you're pretty much set. SWC was a joke, IS academy would not let a professor be crossdressed for a job
He won't be cross-dressing. He twisted the proposal with his own conditions such that he won't have to face anyone but Tsurugi for lessons. Even if he does get found out, he still won't cross-dress anyways. :P

Quote:
Also, does this mean Tsurugi will start first year at 17?
Pretty much, yeah. The oldest of her class(Which I have yet to decide, would she be better off in Class One or Class Two... Or another class separate from the canon characters).
Old 2011-11-26, 09:07   Link #9739
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: I guess you're right but remember, these girls are elite of the elite. This is where the IS female societal elevation issue bites you in the backside. Proabably 50% of those girls have been segregated from guys from the age where they actually care whether the person they're talking to is a guy or a girl. Many of them, I'm sure, are those groomed specifically for IS academy. Everyone else's theory that they are ordinary girls holds but I'm just saying.

@zero: I think PIC is used less for actual flight propulsion and maneuvers and more for the sake of the pilot not dying everytime they make a sharp mid-air pirouette or what-have-you
Old 2011-11-26, 09:12   Link #9740
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@era-era: I guess you're right but remember, these girls are elite of the elite. This is where the IS female societal elevation issue bites you in the backside. Proabably 50% of those girls have been segregated from guys from the age where they actually care whether the person they're talking to is a guy or a girl. Many of them, I'm sure, are those groomed specifically for IS academy. Everyone else's theory that they are ordinary girls holds but I'm just saying.
Of course, each of us hold different POV about that matter.

As in my fanon, most of the younger girls actually rebelled to the societal segregation because it ruined their teenage days, and while most adult female don't actually care to it, some fraction (ultra-feminist young adults) made shit hits the fan when it comes to social segregation.

As for Meister's and probably Eras, class 1-2 is anything but male-friendly.

EDIT: I never said that P.I.C. is used for propulsion or maneuver. It's all for reduction of force (impact, drag, weight, recoil etc)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest