AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-26, 19:04   Link #1021
Hyakimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, I really want to know: when did Killua learn all that? In GI, he didn't know Nen erasers even existed. Then there was the ant arc, with no intervening time. And now,

Spoiler:
It could be he just figured it out himself from his past knowledge of him; remember back during York Shin when he made the connection between Kurapika and the 'Chain guy' pretty quickly.

He probably just went: 'Brother has weird ability' -> 'Must be nen' and deduced the whole thing from there.
Hyakimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 19:12   Link #1022
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

He may have known his brother was capable of things but not known it was because a source called "nen". We'll have to wait and see, it's a good question.
Old 2011-10-26, 19:41   Link #1023
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post
It could be he just figured it out himself from his past knowledge of him; remember back during York Shin when he made the connection between Kurapika and the 'Chain guy' pretty quickly.

He probably just went: 'Brother has weird ability' -> 'Must be nen' and deduced the whole thing from there.
This also happened when Killua was being introduced to Nen in that tower (forgot the name). He deduced that Nen is connected to what Illumi did to him during the Hunter Exam.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 00:47   Link #1024
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post

But he seemed so certain Alluka would be better than a nen eraser. It didn't sound like a deduction.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 10:46   Link #1025
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
To follow up on the spoiler from my previous post:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 13:32   Link #1026
marvelB

And now a follow-up to the follow up:

Spoiler:

Edit: Ah, and now the chapter's out. Nice.

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-10-27 at 13:53.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 14:00   Link #1027
ellifeedn
Thinker

@ Endless Twilight: What was that about them being all brothers?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 14:04   Link #1028
Clarste
Human

I don't trust this translation entirely, so I'd take the "girl" thing with a grain of salt.

Regarding Killua, it's been made pretty clear that he knows his family members have really weird abilities even though he didn't know about nen until recently. It probably makes the most sense to assume that since he grew up surrounded by that kind of thing he just didn't think it was too odd and/or was refused an explanation for how that kind of thing works.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 14:05   Link #1029
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
As i said - exaggeration(if this turns out to be true),this is no reason to call someone a "monster",he's a kid with a unique ability. I'm pretty sure he was not the one to write the rules for his nen ability.

Although this looks a bit fishy to me,why would Illumi want to kill him ?He didn't do shit to anyone ?Except for those who got killed for not returning the "favors".[/SPOILER]

Uh.... if you just finished reading the chapter, I have to ask you now: Do you still believe Alluka's classification as a "monster" is an exaggeration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I don't trust this translation entirely, so I'd take the "girl" thing with a grain of salt.

Just gonna paste this little tidbit from the chapter script at mangahelpers in order to eliminate any doubts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl0210
何で......オレは!!こんな目にあってる妹を
How..... how could I do this?! Abandoning my little sister
放っておけたんだ......!!
who is going through all this......!!
TL Note: Yes, it does say "little sister" there, so I'm sure Alluka is female.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 14:39   Link #1030
kakakka

So if you asked for outlandish wish, the next person and his/her lover are going to get the bad, since Alluka's next wishes/pestering would be hard to get.

Make's a bit sense that they confine her so that they would be able to control those who asked wishes from her.

EDIT: Oh, I get it wrong. The bigger the wish, the bigger the next pestering becomes. If declined 4 times, a number of people die depending on how big the last wish is. That's bad.

Last edited by kakakka; 2011-10-27 at 14:52.
Old 2011-10-27, 14:51   Link #1031
ellifeedn
Thinker

She will grant a wish after one does three things for her. I wonder what would happen if someone did more than that.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 15:01   Link #1032
kakakka

?

They'll get more wishes?
Old 2011-10-27, 15:35   Link #1033
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

WoW@322.

Killua little sister childhood is freaky, I felt really bad for the butlers for some reason.

Now I know why she is retained to a room, if anyone ignore her, they will die...
Old 2011-10-27, 17:16   Link #1034
DSDSSDWE
Blah

Her ability sounds rather broken. What would happen if someone wished to be the strongest nen user in the world (for as long as they lived)? Immortality? And the good old: can I get more wishes?
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 17:30   Link #1035
Clarste
Human

Then the next time someone refuses her requests (which will be impossible to complete) everyone in the world dies.
Old 2011-10-27, 21:01   Link #1036
Key Board
Carbon

Something that got me thinking..

did Alluka not pester her parents because she knew the price would kill them?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 21:05   Link #1037
Clarste
Human

Probably not. Supposedly she did it to Killua (that's how he learned about it), and she's really close to Killua. It's probably just the way she was raised, not to ask for things from her parents. I can easily imagine that. She seems unaware of her power.
Old 2011-10-27, 22:45   Link #1038
TruthTaco

Alluka should not be able to grant any wishes that aren't within the bounds of human limits. In the HxH manga when Kurapica's master is explaining nen, it is said you can't create items like a sword that can cut through anything etc. This should apply to Allukas power as well.

I'm thinking Illumi asked for a huge wish, and the consequences for that wish still apply, but Illumi manipulated Alluka to lie to the family to say it was a PC. This could be why Illumi thinks Killua and gon will die (back in chapter 320). Because in the past he asked a super huge wish, and no one has answered the pesterings for it yet. If Killua attempts to answer them so he can ask his wish, he would die, and then gon would die since that's who Killua loves most. (assuming he refuses to fulfill the pestering.)
TruthTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:49   Link #1039
tarachi
Observer

Maybe I missed it but the level of wish/pestering does reset if the last person to be pestered failed?
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 23:22   Link #1040
Gooral
Banned

Anyone else thinks that Illumi is a retard in case he would actually reveal Alluka's ability to Hisoka? And there is high probability of that since he had to explain why Killua is in danger too and why he wants Alluka dead. It's strange to me he has so much faith in Hisoka and that he trusts him with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTaco
(...) I'm thinking Illumi asked for a huge wish, and the consequences for that wish still apply, but Illumi manipulated Alluka to lie to the family to say it was a PC. (...)
Very interesting speculation TruthTaco.
Personally I find it unlikely that Silva would leave Alluka unmonitored and let his kids know the combination to the vault or go there without his supervision but it's possible. This part makes it very unlikely however:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewl0210's translation
本人(ミルキ)と取り引きで確認したから嘘ではない
I confirmed that it was Milluki the transaction was going on with, so I'm sure it's not a lie.
It would depend on what his confirmation looked like but if he just asked Milluki I doubt he would say he was certain.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain