AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-01-29, 16:49   Link #5821
Tendou Souji

Just what we needed. More Heero and Relena art. That is probably one of my biggest complaints with this novel. Heero and Relena are being pushed as this amazing couple who are so in loveand everything Heero does ties into Relena. In Gundam Wing this couple was not pushed so hard and happened naturally. Same for EW. They are giving me Kira and Lacus vibes and it is making me gag.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 19:55   Link #5822
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Just what we needed. More Heero and Relena art. That is probably one of my biggest complaints with this novel. Heero and Relena are being pushed as this amazing couple who are so in loveand everything Heero does ties into Relena. In Gundam Wing this couple was not pushed so hard and happened naturally. Same for EW. They are giving me Kira and Lacus vibes and it is making me gag.

I agree with you there. With this novel, the writer is wrecking all that made Gundam Wing good and flushing it down the toilet.

And the fact that as you said that the recent new images have given a Kira/Lacus vibe makes me feel sick even more.
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 19:57   Link #5823
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Are you really that surprised? Really? This guy was kicked off of the writing team for Gundam Wing. I daresay we have a good idea as to why.
Old 2014-01-29, 21:59   Link #5824
Purdys99

I swear Sumizawa is like the M Night Shymalan/George Lucas of anime right now @_@. He use to know what he was doing but then fell off the wagon, knocked his head, and has never quite recovered. Yet ppl are still giving him stuff to do...whhhhyyyy?

Also, I'm as obsessed and nostalgic for any crazy fangirl for 1xR shipping but that picture is freaking ridiculous @_@. Sailor Moon fodder has more dignity and subtlety.
Purdys99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 23:27   Link #5825
FalsePrime

Not surprised by the Relena and Heero picture.

Even though it wasn't as heavy handed in TV proper, there have been other additions that pushed Heero/Relena pretty hard. This is also coming from one of the writers that has flat admitted to being an avid Relena/Heero fan and even went so far as to have Duo call it out in EW.

Given all that has happened in Frozen and the parallels between Heero (Pol) and Relena's grandparents the pushing of Heero/Relena just seems like a natrual extension to me.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 16:09   Link #5826
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Aren't Heero/Relena supported in Blind Target and Battlefield of Pacifists, as well as the manga version of Endless Waltz?

In the original TV series, isn't Heero/Relena just subtle?
Old 2014-01-30, 16:38   Link #5827
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Aren't Heero/Relena supported in Blind Target and Battlefield of Pacifists, as well as the manga version of Endless Waltz?

In the original TV series, isn't Heero/Relena just subtle?
Heero and Relena have a relationship in the Anime that can't really be defined. It is a very important thing for both of their lives that changes them, but it doesn't go so far as to say they are lovers or non lovers in the future.

Some of the Manga's, EW, and EW's Novel/Manga push this aspect alot harder. Given Sumizawa is responsible for alot of this, it comes as zero shock that this is ingrained so deeply into Frozen Teardrop.

Also Sumizawa was a noteable Heero/Relena pusher long before Lacus/Kira ever existed, so I don't agree with those that say they get Kira/Lacus vibes from FT. In fact I'd argue that Kira/Lacus is alot more subtle then EW/FT Heero/Relena, as beyond looks and hand holding we don't see Kira/Lacus do anything in Destiny despite being lovers.

Also, lastly Kira takes on a Role in almost the exact same manner that Heero does for Relena in the EW Manga at the end of Destiny, so if either couple would be mirroring the other, it would Kira mirroring Heero.
Old 2014-01-30, 19:10   Link #5828
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Heero and Relena have a relationship in the Anime that can't really be defined. It is a very important thing for both of their lives that changes them, but it doesn't go so far as to say they are lovers or non lovers in the future.

Some of the Manga's, EW, and EW's Novel/Manga push this aspect alot harder. Given Sumizawa is responsible for alot of this, it comes as zero shock that this is ingrained so deeply into Frozen Teardrop.

Also Sumizawa was a noteable Heero/Relena pusher long before Lacus/Kira ever existed, so I don't agree with those that say they get Kira/Lacus vibes from FT. In fact I'd argue that Kira/Lacus is alot more subtle then EW/FT Heero/Relena, as beyond looks and hand holding we don't see Kira/Lacus do anything in Destiny despite being lovers.

Also, lastly Kira takes on a Role in almost the exact same manner that Heero does for Relena in the EW Manga at the end of Destiny, so if either couple would be mirroring the other, it would Kira mirroring Heero.
I thought that Kira's romance arc between Lacus and Fllay was supposed to emulate Loran's arc between Dianna and Sochie.

With Kira and Lacus, I suspect that it may be due to the vocal Kira/Lacus fanbase. They're the Luke and Laura of the CE timeline, and possibly of the Gundam franchise.
Old 2014-01-30, 19:27   Link #5829
FalsePrime

It's most certainly because of the Fanbase.

Kira and Lacus are both pushed fairly hard in Destiny, however the Romance angle isn't actually that big of an issue. Most of the romance between them is just assumed by the viewer, and it's their personalities and feelings on the world that are pushed during the run time of Destiny.
Old 2014-01-30, 20:37   Link #5830
Tendou Souji

Kira abd Lacus are forced.They are show floating naked together in every single opening from both shows but never are intimate in any way on screen except for like 2 hugs. Their relationship is presented as too pure. They don't sleep together, they never kiss, they rarely hold hands and only hug like twice. They are in tons of official art together gazing into each others eyes or floating around naked. It's really really annoying. Athrun and all of his relationships are out in the open. Shinn and Luna kissed on screen. Talia and Durandal had sex. Kira and Fllay had sex. Kira and Lacus though? Despite being the main couple they are treated as this holy duo that our eyes aren't worthy of seeing intimate. Even Yzak was shocked when they hugged.

I just don't want Heero and Relena to ge this route. Their relationship was never defined but you understood it. It wasn't treated as something we weren't allowed to see or acknowledge. It was perfectly in line with the show and the characters. Seed has no problem showing shower scenes, sex, the aftermath of sex, nipples, kisses, upskirts, bouncing breasts, bare butts etc. Yet Kira and Lacus, the main couple get 2 or 3 hugs? Yet they are pushed in every aspect? Games, official art, the openings and endings and everything else inbetween. It just comes off as cheesy and forced.

Then there are the comments from the director or writer saying that Kira and Lacus are beyond love and it is obvious that they represent Fukuda and Morosawa.

Can't stand that couple.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 23:25   Link #5831
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Hokay. So how many GOL am I behind? Three? 0_o;

Errors galore in the compilation volume (#5) hah
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 00:16   Link #5832
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdys99 View Post
I swear Sumizawa is like the M Night Shymalan/George Lucas of anime right now @_@. He use to know what he was doing but then fell off the wagon, knocked his head, and has never quite recovered. Yet ppl are still giving him stuff to do...whhhhyyyy?
Gundam already has a George Lucas, and his name is Mitsuo Fukuda, who said that Star Wars was his favorite film series.
Old 2014-01-31, 20:12   Link #5833
Eeni

So I was looking up Sumizawa's actual hand in writing the series and found that he was only responsible for the scripts of 3 episodes. And I think we've all come to accept that he is the "creator" of Ep.0 (or at least it was his brain child).

Is this right? Does he only have the credit for 3 episodes out of the 49? I thought he would have had more. Can anyone help me with this?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 20:28   Link #5834
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
So I was looking up Sumizawa's actual hand in writing the series and found that he was only responsible for the scripts of 3 episodes. And I think we've all come to accept that he is the "creator" of Ep.0 (or at least it was his brain child).

Is this right? Does he only have the credit for 3 episodes out of the 49? I thought he would have had more. Can anyone help me with this?
It depends on what you go by.

For example, in a some of the follow up Wing materials, and EW (Both Lead up and post release) in particular Sumizawa and a few others talk about the lead up to the Wing series. Alot of it both himself and others in the materials credit him for alot of it.

There was even a qoute from one of them that said how it felt like Sumizawa had fused 0079, Zeta, and G Gundam when he was looking over the lay out for Wing. This is also the time when we got information on Wing wasn't originally Wing but Gundam Meteor. So even if he only wrote 3 scripts, his hand in shapping the majority of the series is very in depth. Also we know he influenced the Episodes up until the half way point even if he wasn't the main credit on the writing team, and it wasn't until then (and Episode Zero being ripped out) that he left the team.

However I believe alot of it comes back to EW. As it stand Wing did alright, but it wasn't until Endless Waltz that Wing seemed to gain the majority of it's popularity, and given it was Sumizawa that was brought back, and the leader behind Endless Waltz we are at the point we are. Had Gundam Wing TV been a smash, and EW the one that did ok, but not amazing we would likely have someone else in charge of Wing.
Old 2014-01-31, 20:36   Link #5835
gordol
Banned

Funny the pic drama hasn't been leaked yet.

They either have already shown all the pics in the magazine promos or there's nothing interesting at all
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 23:10   Link #5836
FalsePrime

I would put money on the idea that we have just seen them all. Even if they where completely uninteresting we would have seen them if they where new content.

Either way I will know tomorrow, my copy should arrive early in the morning. If there is anything even remotely new, I will take some pics and load up em up for everyone.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2014-02-01 at 01:05.
Old 2014-01-31, 23:31   Link #5837
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I would put money on the idea that we have just seen them all. Even if they where completely uninteresting we would have seen them if they where new content.

Either way I will no tomorrow, my copy should arrive early in the morning. If there is anything even remotely new, I will take some pics and load up em up for everyone.
thanks bro!
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 12:10   Link #5838
Washu-Chan