Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-30, 08:15   Link #241
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It's so much better than the first.
actually, I think the first PV was better...
Old 2011-06-30, 12:08   Link #242
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Spoiler for NSFW:
I fail to see how such a thing can ever give justice to the beauty of the original character.

Quote:
I've only just watched the 2nd version of the PV. It's so much better than the first. And I saw the Entolio brothers! but strangely no cast!?
So then what's going on here, do you think? Have they simply not released the entirety of the cast or might there be something else in the works?
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 20:23   Link #243
larethian

I honestly don't know, but the Entolio brothers are almost like part of the main cast of the series...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 00:51   Link #244
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Spoiler for NSFW:
I wonder if Megami will get one as well. But it looks like Itsuten is really aimed at getting the male fans.
Old 2011-07-01, 01:50   Link #245
dark998

Might be cool.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 09:09   Link #246
tsunade666

Quote:
Spoiler for NSFW:
No Mirai? Is Himea's hair really that long?
Old 2011-07-01, 11:25   Link #247
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Yeah, pretty much.
Old 2011-07-01, 14:30   Link #248
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
in the novel, Himea's hair is described to reach knee level IIRC.
Old 2011-07-01, 14:38   Link #249
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
Now all she needs in twin tails and she is golden!

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 14:40   Link #250
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Judging by the novel illustrations, I'd have to agree, though it's noticeably longer in the manga.
Old 2011-07-01, 14:45   Link #251
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
Judging by the novel illustrations, I'd have to agree, though it's noticeably longer in the manga.
you can't use the illustrations to judge, they are done so mainly for effects or certain emphasis.

for example, Hinata doesn't wear specs and neither does he have a white patch of hair, but the illustrations have them to differentiate between otherwise hard-to-differentiate identical twins. in the novel descriptions, only their eyes and facial expressions look different.

also, Mirai has black hair when her powers are sealed. Haruka has black hair as well. of course, nowhere in the novels is mentioned that Taito has blue hair. etc. I can go on.

EDIT: on a side note, I love twin tails too!
Old 2011-07-01, 19:09   Link #252
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

NEWS : ItsuTen is scheduled to air on the English NicoNico's site. Source
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 10:41   Link #253
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
you can't use the illustrations to judge, they are done so mainly for effects or certain emphasis.

for example, Hinata doesn't wear specs and neither does he have a white patch of hair, but the illustrations have them to differentiate between otherwise hard-to-differentiate identical twins. in the novel descriptions, only their eyes and facial expressions look different.

also, Mirai has black hair when her powers are sealed. Haruka has black hair as well. of course, nowhere in the novels is mentioned that Taito has blue hair. etc. I can go on.

EDIT: on a side note, I love twin tails too!
I never understood why Haruka's hair is brown with multi-coloured highlights like Himea's in the illustrations...

Hinata I can write it off as omission of info but Haruka...Actually come to think of it, in the illustrations, almost everyone has rainbow hues for their hair colour...
Old 2011-07-02, 10:43   Link #254
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I fail to see how such a thing can ever give justice to the beauty of the original character.
Almost nothing can do justice to the original artwork...not just for Himea but everyone else...
Old 2011-07-02, 13:34   Link #255
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Almost nothing can do justice to the original artwork...not just for Himea but everyone else...
That may well be the case. IMHO however, I would say that said pic's intent isn't even to try to and convey Himea's beauty; but rather to simply capture some young boys' attention, wouldn't you say?

To try and convey Himea's true appeal as a character would be a difficult task for most anyone, I would think. However said pic doesn't even begin to scratch that surface, at least not by my humble standards.
Old 2011-07-02, 14:02   Link #256
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
That may well be the case. IMHO however, I would say that said pic's intent isn't even to try to and convey Himea's beauty; but rather to simply capture some young boys' attention, wouldn't you say?

To try and convey Himea's true appeal as a character would be a difficult task for most anyone, I would think. However said pic doesn't even begin to scratch that surface, at least not by my humble standards.
Durr.....that's an advert...not a fanart....
Old 2011-07-02, 14:11   Link #257
larethian

Quote:

your opinion about said appeal of Himea may change in the future though.

oh well, I'm a little sad that I won't get my twin tail this season. no, wait, I won't get my tail if there's no 2nd season... shikushiku

EDIT: incidentally, it seems like the manga scantalations will resume soon, even though chapter 9 is a side story. and talking about Himea's appeal, in the physical sense, the manga did a darn great job. 2nd page of chapter 10's Himea can drive a guy nuts.
Old 2011-07-02, 15:36   Link #258
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
your opinion about said appeal of Himea may change in the future though.

oh well, I'm a little sad that I won't get my twin tail this season. no, wait, I won't get my tail if there's no 2nd season... shikushiku

EDIT: incidentally, it seems like the manga scantalations will resume soon, even though chapter 9 is a side story. and talking about Himea's appeal, in the physical sense, the manga did a darn great job. 2nd page of chapter 10's Himea can drive a guy nuts.
My opinion of Himea in the future isn't really relevant right now. What we're discussing has to do with the here and now, and right now I stand by my firm belief in that that pic doesn't meet up to the standards of the character I know.

@bold: ...Thanks a lot for that, buddy. I haven't read that far yet, so now that's gonna be on my mind all for the rest of the day...
Old 2011-07-02, 17:46   Link #259
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
IMHO however, I would say that said pic's intent isn't even to try to and convey Himea's beauty; but rather to simply capture some young boys' attention, wouldn't you say?
really? I personally think said pic's truly beautiful, and I'm certainly not a young boy...
Old 2011-07-02, 18:02   Link #260
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
really? I personally think said pic's truly beautiful, and I'm certainly not a young boy...
To be fair, I never said that only a young boy could find the pic attractive. I merely suggested that the intent behind the pic was to attract the attention of a younger male audience, is all.

Also, I never said that one couldn't find it attractive. All I'm saying is that by comparison to the original artwork, and the manga as well, such a thing doesn't do justice to the beauty of Himea's character that I've come to know; and judging by some of the comments some others have made, it doesn't appear as though I'm alone in that belief.

Tags
fantasy, shounen