AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-29, 02:30   Link #1901
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Thanks Megax for letting me know that Bandai finally put out a solication for Disappearance. Pre-ordered the DVD through RightStuf.(I'll pre-order the combo in a few weeks so I can have both).
Old 2011-08-29, 22:59   Link #1902
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Debated over which thread to put it in, but this appears to be the safest one. WOWOW (a pay satellite channel) is re-airing the movie three times in the next two months. Normal showings on 9/6 (10:40 AM) and 9/22 (midnight) and a repeat of an event they held in the spring. Sometime in October they will broadcast consecutively all 28 episodes of the TV series and end with the movie (likely over four nights). Final details haven't come out yet.

May was to advertise the latest novels, but what is this for......

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2011-08-31 at 10:05.
Old 2011-08-29, 23:42   Link #1903
ijuinkun

"Conservatively"? Or do you mean "consecutively"?
Old 2011-08-29, 23:59   Link #1904
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
I was wondering about that. Lol
Old 2011-08-30, 00:01   Link #1905
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

And if that's the conservative count, what would the liberal estimate be?
Old 2011-08-30, 00:15   Link #1906
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Debated over which thread to put it in, but this appears to be the safest one. WOWOW (a pay satellite channel) is re-airing the movie three times in the next two months. Normal showings on 9/6 (10:40 AM) and 9/22 (midnight) and a repeat of an event they held in the spring. Sometime in October they will broadcast conservatively all 28 episodes of the TV series and end with the movie (likely over four nights). Final details haven't come out yet.

May was to advertise the latest novels, but what is this for......
Kadokawa trolling by proxy? It is interesting that they'd broadcast everything that's been animated so far. Thanks for the tidbit.
Old 2011-08-31, 10:04   Link #1907
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Yes, I did mean "consecutively." With my past history typing that word on this forum, I should just choose a different way of saying that phrase.

Old 2011-09-02, 16:45   Link #1908
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I'm glad that I pre-ordered it because I received the DVD for it today. I will definitely tell of my impressions in the review thread and in the dubbing thread. One thing I'll mention here is that the opening theme and the closing theme have the Japanese credits with them(and the English credits are after that after the credits scene). There are two curious English Voice Actor credits in it(I'll have to write down those for the review thread).
Old 2011-09-02, 16:54   Link #1909
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
And if that's the conservative count, what would the liberal estimate be?
It'd subtract 5 episodes.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-02, 18:45   Link #1910
TakariCritic

I also just received my copy. I guess it pays to preorder from rightstuf.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:16   Link #1911
JThree

Guys. Changing the topic a bit. I'm a newcomer to the Haruhi "world," I haven't read the novels, the manga, etc, but I have seen sections of the "Disappearance."

Now it seems to me, that Kyon has potential relationships with all three girls: Yuki, Haruhi, and Mikaru. But in the "Disappearance" film, the potential feelings between Kyon and Yuki are hinted at. Big time.

Yuki's tugging of Kyon's shirt, the very fact Yuki went through so much trouble to give Kyon a choice in a matter he originally had none in. Do any of you feel that Kyon could have a romance with her?

Secondly, what would be a good forum to look more deeply into these shipper questions?

JThree
Old 2011-09-19, 10:16   Link #1912
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThree View Post
Now it seems to me, that Kyon has potential relationships with all three girls: Yuki, Haruhi, and Mikaru. But in the "Disappearance" film, the potential feelings between Kyon and Yuki are hinted at. Big time.
Kyon is infatuated with Mikuru but she can't return the feelings (time traveler issues), admires Yuki platonically despite her alter ego seeming to have feelings for him, and has a mutual attraction to Haruhi that neither will admit.

In short, a relationship between Yuki and Kyon might be possible but for the fact that alt!Yuki is now gone forever and Kyon explicitly chose Haruhi over Yuki in the movie (more explicitly than in the book, actually). The way he came to that conclusion made it seem like he didn't even realize a romance with Yuki was an option. To Kyon, Yuki has always been the "great goddess" - the deus ex machina that gets the group out of whatever jam they fall into. That's it.
Old 2011-09-19, 10:20   Link #1913
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Shipping is, quite honestly, all over the place. The individual character forums, the novel forums, the manga forums. Everywhere.

There are even specific fan-made manga designed for ships, such as the "Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan" which takes the world of Disappearance and makes it the main realm...and Yuki the main character (and even there, there are hints of shipping).

Because her arc hasn't been shown yet, there isn't as much shipping with Mikuru as there is with Haruhi and Yuki. It is pretty much, without a shadow of a doubt, ending with KyonXHaruhi. That's just the way things are, but there are always hints that it might be KyonXYuki. There are almost no hints of KyonXMikuru nor any other girl in a realistic sense. Because of this, you will usually only see Haruhi shippers and Yuki shippers.

However around here you will also find those that don't care if Kyon is in the equation or not...and are just deathly loyal to Haruhi and/or Yuki. You will find loyalist for each of the other girls as well around here, just not in the numbers devoted to Haruhi and Yuki.
Old 2011-09-20, 00:06   Link #1914
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
Kyon is infatuated with Mikuru but she can't return the feelings (time traveler issues), admires Yuki platonically despite her alter ego seeming to have feelings for him, and has a mutual attraction to Haruhi that neither will admit.

In short, a relationship between Yuki and Kyon might be possible but for the fact that alt!Yuki is now gone forever and Kyon explicitly chose Haruhi over Yuki in the movie (more explicitly than in the book, actually). The way he came to that conclusion made it seem like he didn't even realize a romance with Yuki was an option. To Kyon, Yuki has always been the "great goddess" - the deus ex machina that gets the group out of whatever jam they fall into. That's it.
I think Nagato is more than just "Great Goddess Nagato" to Kyon. I think he wants to see her grow as a person so she is able to laugh or cry when she should have been able to do so, and one of his fondest wishes is to see her smile like alt.Yuki did. The yet-to-be-animated material also tells us that he would be as jealous of a person wanting to date Yuki as he would be if they had wanted to date Mikuru.

And of course, post-Disappearance, other characters also pick up on how Kyon has changed in regards to Yuki.
Old 2011-09-21, 01:22   Link #1915
JThree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Shipping is, quite honestly, all over the place. The individual character forums, the novel forums, the manga forums. Everywhere.
Can you point me to which character forums discuss this?

Jearl

Quote:
The yet-to-be-animated material also tells us that he would be as jealous of a person wanting to date Yuki as he would be if they had wanted to date Mikuru.
Which books or stories have this happening?

Quote:
And of course, post-Disappearance, other characters also pick up on how Kyon has changed in regards to Yuki.
Which books?

JThree

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-09-21 at 02:19. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Old 2011-09-21, 02:42   Link #1916
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThree View Post
Can you point me to which character forums discuss this?

Jearl
Kyon Character Discussion Thread
Yuki Nagato Character Discussion Thread

Quote:
Which books or stories have this happening?

Which books?

JThree
I can answer that in the thread I've linked to if you want,
Novel and Manga of Haruhi thread
Old 2011-12-12, 16:57   Link #1917
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

2nd highest selling Anime DVD/Blu-ray on Amazon Japan in 2011 (2010/12/01-2011/11/31): Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu (Amazon Japan Steelbook Edition)

Old 2011-12-12, 20:04   Link #1918
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Gundam does have a bit of history behind it for a massive fanbase.
Old 2012-01-22, 22:22   Link #1919
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Over the past couple of months, I've been translating (with help from Yumeka on one work) parts from the Disappearance guidebook. Here's links to the translations:

Story Guide:
12/16
12/17
12/18
Staff Interviews/Roundtables:
Roundtable 1: Nagaru Tanigawa/Tatsuya Ishihara/Fumihiko Shimo (Author/Supervisor/Scriptwriter) (Partly translated by Yumeka. Big thanks to her for this work)
Interview: Noizi Itou (Original Character Designer)
Roundtable 2: Director Discussion (Supervisor Tatsuya Ishihara/Director Yasuhiro Takemoto/Director Touko Takao)
Cast Interviews:
Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato)
Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon)
Daisuke Ono (Itsuki Koizumi)
Natsuko Kuwatani (Ryouko Asakura)

I've linked the translations since I've formatted the pages and added some images that would be troublesome to replicate in BBCode. I'll be working on this throughout my free time, but I can't say when things will get done. For a full table of contents on what'll be translated, take a look at this translation's blog post. I think there's some interesting comments coming from Ishihara et al on the structure of the work. Please enjoy.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-03-17 at 14:17.
Old 2013-03-25, 15:37   Link #1920
Ragecry

I know this topic has been dead for a while, but I was taking some of my time these past months to subtitle the series to portuguese, and releasing the subtitles file only in one of the major sites here so that people around my country could have a bit more contact with the series. (Hence, and focus on the part I said I'm only subtitling and sending the subtitle files to a major site, not any video files that would result in piracy

I'm stuck on a little something though.. That song at the end of the Disappearence, that plays as the credits roll, can anybody tell me its name or a site with the english translation?
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen