Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-30, 18:05   Link #101
Shingai-san

Heresy. Heresy I tell you!

Ararararagi
Old 2011-12-31, 10:48   Link #102
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

She could have some candy candy fruit that can let her swamp/suffocate her opponents in candy ( a little like Mr 3's wax) or make them die of diabetes?

Actually a good fruit for her would be wapol's eating food. Too bad it is already taken.
Old 2011-12-31, 11:00   Link #103
Mikoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Actually a good fruit for her would be wapol's eating food. Too bad it is already taken.
I'm sure Oda thinks the same way
Old 2011-12-31, 11:48   Link #104
marvelB

Wasn't there a villain from one of the movies (I think the fourth one) who had some sort of candy related logia-type power? I'd think it would be kinda redundant for Oda to come up with two candy-type powers (but then again, we've had both fire AND magma fruits, so I guess that wouldn't be such a big issue).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Also...secretly wishing Kaidou is normal sized, we have three abnormally large Emperors (well BB is more or less) and just Shanks as the small one...

Sorry Randrak, but I'm pretty much in the giant camp as far as Kaidou is concerned. Mainly because it always kinda bothered me that despite the multiple giants we've seen throughout the series, most of them end up being fodder compared to the more normal-sized humans. I really want to see a giant with world-class strength for a change.....

Actually, this conversation is reminding me a little of that one SBS where Oda revealed the (pre-skip) Shichibukai's heights. I always found it amusing that even the shortest amongst them (Hancock) was over 6 feet tall. Just goes to show that Oda really likes to make most of his characters larger than life!
Old 2011-12-31, 12:24   Link #105
james0246

^It was gelatin based abilities...the most idiotic logia power ever .

That being said, other Logia (etc) users have not been obsessed with eating their abilities namesake (Luffy doesn't eat rubber, Ace didn't eat fire, etc). That is more Fairy Tail's schtick.
Old 2011-12-31, 13:16   Link #106
White Silver King
The Isley

I agree with James. If she was a candy logia, she could produce as much as she wants on her own; she wouldn't need to depend on others.
Old 2011-12-31, 16:36   Link #107
Hallwacker
ドン

Here's a troll "theory" someone randomly stated on 4chan:

Quote:
Oda here.

Big Mom has a Devil Fruit that allow her to change her body size at will.

Luffy will defeat her, and she will help Luffy by shrinking Shirahoshi to human-size, who will join Luffy's team.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:53   Link #108
Shingai-san

OH YEAH! I just remembered something. I wonder if the Vivre card that Lola gave to Nami will soon be put to use.

Ararararagi
Old 2012-01-01, 06:35   Link #109
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

damn, so big mom is a fugly character. I had always imagined her to be a man and actually a pretty bad-ass dude. Lol, guess i ws wrong. But lmao, luffy sure has been getting this attitude of declaring war against big time no nonsense people.

And yipee for nu warudo!!! Xd epicness to the highest of already awesome levels!
Old 2012-01-01, 14:41   Link #110
White Silver King
The Isley

^You imagined Big Mom to be a man?
Old 2012-01-01, 15:33   Link #111
Undertaker

well, in data book Green, the correct spelling is Big Mam. Either it was a misspell due to Japanese pronunciation (unlikely considering that there are people with much harder western names) or Mam was short for madame (ma'am) or something like that. But either way, I thought it was established early that Big Mom/Big Mam is a woman long before.
Old 2012-01-02, 13:08   Link #112
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
well, in data book Green, the correct spelling is Big Mam. Either it was a misspell due to Japanese pronunciation (unlikely considering that there are people with much harder western names) or Mam was short for madame (ma'am) or something like that. But either way, I thought it was established early that Big Mom/Big Mam is a woman long before.
According to One Piece wikia :

Quote:
In One Piece Green: Secret Pieces, Linlin's epithet was romanized as Big Mom. However, in Chapter 610, her name was romanized as Big Mam. Later, in Chapter 651, her name was again romanized by Oda as "Big Mom", when Sanji was fantasizing about her appearance.[1] Occasionally, errors in romanization occur and Oda simply makes mistakes. This has been evidenced in the past concerning Alabasta and Iceberg as well.
Which means it's still "Mom" at least for now.

Anyways,i think that straw-hats will take her down,taking 1 emperor does not really mean that there is no more challenges for them,they will get more recognition and people like Kid and other supernovas will actually want to target them for that.

Until they take on a big fish like an emperor or an admiral they will still be considered as "rookies" which is frankly getting repetitive at this point.
Old 2012-01-02, 22:35   Link #113
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Wanted to post, but kept forgetting though.. I really don't think Jinbe's going to join now.. or it really doesn't seem like he's going to.

Luffy's going to make Fishman Island his "turf" sooo wouldn't he need/want someone to stay behind to defend it under his name? Jinbe would be a good choice. Also wondering about Shirley's vision.. still thinking that it might happen, but not sure how it's going to fit in with the story as of right now.

And oh.. curious about who that girl is that was sitting in the chair next to Big Mom. Had a hard time figuring out what was what at first with the manga illustrations.. like I kept thinking that all that talk and etc might be happening in Big Mom's stomach like people were being eaten and they would end up in like a different room or place IN Big Mom.. or maybe I'm just crazy. But yeah interesting chapter..
Old 2012-01-03, 00:49   Link #114
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinnydood View Post
Wanted to post, but kept forgetting though.. I really don't think Jinbe's going to join now.. or it really doesn't seem like he's going to.

Luffy's going to make Fishman Island his "turf" sooo wouldn't he need/want someone to stay behind to defend it under his name? Jinbe would be a good choice. Also wondering about Shirley's vision.. still thinking that it might happen, but not sure how it's going to fit in with the story as of right now.

And oh.. curious about who that girl is that was sitting in the chair next to Big Mom. Had a hard time figuring out what was what at first with the manga illustrations.. like I kept thinking that all that talk and etc might be happening in Big Mom's stomach like people were being eaten and they would end up in like a different room or place IN Big Mom.. or maybe I'm just crazy. But yeah interesting chapter..
That would be creepy like a mix between Don Capone and the Sarlaac beast from Star Wars
Old 2012-01-03, 02:17   Link #115
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
That would be creepy like a mix between Don Capone and the Sarlaac beast from Star Wars

Hahaha that's exactly what I was thinking about when I read it, but I was also thinking about the doctor guy that was kind of living inside Laboon at the lighthouse.

But yeah was so confusedddddd! Had to read it over like a few times and stare at the pictures.. didn't make any sense
Old 2012-01-03, 05:51   Link #116
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
When will the next chapter be out?
Old 2012-01-03, 09:16   Link #117
Mikoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
When will the next chapter be out?
Next week... Too bad
Old 2012-01-03, 10:08   Link #118
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Should be out around the 11th.
Old 2012-01-03, 11:07   Link #119
marvelB

Yeah, I had forgotten to mention the double issue thing in the opening post, but I edited it now. So yeah, no chapter this week. Expect to see more of Big Mama's ugly mug next week instead.

Actually, speaking of Big Mom, I noticed something interesting about her: She doesn't seem to have a distinctive laugh. I had kinda thought that all of the emperors (except maybe Shanks) would have a unique laugh, but I guess that's not the case. It's pretty rare for the characters with weirder/goofier designs in this series to lack a distinctive laugh. I wonder if this will hold true for Kaidou as well, when he's eventually introduced....?

BTW, I mentioned in a previous post about how I sort of predicted this Big Mom scenario in an earlier chapter thread. Well, I looked back and sure enough, found this post of mine in the chapter 610 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I kinda have an idea as to how Luffy will bring doom upon Merman Island: Luffy will accidentally destroy Big Mom's candy factory, which will bring about the empress' wrath due to having lost her source of favorite confectionary treats.

Seriously, it's almost scary how near-accurate this joke post of mine (from a year ago at that!) was......
Old 2012-01-03, 16:50   Link #120
Jouten

So many people think that Luffy won't be fighting anytime soon, because she is an emperor, but when has that ever happened in One Piece after Luffy challenged someone? Even IF Big Mom was way too strong for Luffy to beat then they would still fight, but Luffy would lose. Like he did against Crocodile or Aokiji. And actually if Luffy doesn't go for the emperors now, I don't know whom he shall take next in the new world. is goal is pirate king and he will have to beat an emperero sooner or later so why not having big mom as the first enemy, assuming she is the weakest emperor? Luffy already defeated 2 Shichibukai, so I don't see why it would seem unrealistic that Luffy can beat the weakest of the emperors. I think Doflamingo, Kuma and Mihawk will be even harder to beat than Big Mom (But we already know Mihawk is reserved for Zorro)
Perhaps it will be a three round fight where Luffy loses 2 of them like he did against Crocodile, but I don't see how there could be any other big enemy before facing Big Mom. And I don't think Big Mom is Admiral level, but she probably has a very powerful crew
Closed Thread