AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-11-28, 11:52   Link #2821
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Thancred better not be the only one coming back. Whens Elf Hoodie gonna get some shine. Hell Yshtola is hardly around without getting put on a afk bus.
Old 2019-02-02, 12:36   Link #2822
cyberdemon

Spoiler for Shadowbringers:
Old 2019-02-03, 18:47   Link #2823
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for Shadowbringers:
Spoiler for new Alliance Raid + Collab:
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 10:25   Link #2824
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So there's a big-ass bug currently in Eureka Hydatos where one of the max level FATE bosses cannot be targeted after certain mechanics, and therefore cannot be completed.

It's a very critical bug because this boss drops the required items for the final Relic weapon step...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 23:04   Link #2825
Twi

What's everyone's favorite Class Quest?

I'm partial to Dark Knight, both because Rielle and the thought the WoL is just fed up with this. But Blue Mage holds my interest given that it's basically a story where the bad guy reforms in earnest and hasn't crossed any line too horrible to merit death.
Old 2019-02-14, 09:23   Link #2826
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
What's everyone's favorite Class Quest?
If you're talking about class, then probably alchemist, especially the latest ones for level 60 to 70, which finally tied up to a loose end in the Ul'dahn storyline, dating back to version 1, before the Calamity.

But if it's jobs you're talking about, well, I'm a summoner main, so take a guess as to which is my favourite storyline? I especially enjoyed how the levels 30 to 50 storyline for summoner was closely tied to your progression in the main storyline. And it remains the only job storyline so far that features the Ascians, the WoL's most significant enemy.

I liked the dark knight storyline for what it was, but I couldn't identify with it. Or, more accurately, it just did not gel with my character's personality. Lyland Battersea is many things, but he's simply not an edgelord, and I just can't imagine how he could have become so angsty, even despite the circumstances.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-14, 13:04   Link #2827
cyberdemon

Rogue/Ninja I always have fun with as well as dark knight
Old 2019-02-18, 20:20   Link #2828
Twi

Okay, question: why do people keep calling the Lalafells potatoes?
Old 2019-02-18, 20:27   Link #2829
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Okay, question: why do people keep calling the Lalafells potatoes?
Because their shape and size, and if you put a Potato in a cut scene instead of a Lalafell you'd get the same tension breaking silly out of place feeling.
Old 2019-02-18, 22:14   Link #2830
Twi

Okay...

Another question: I'm using the Free Trial to get a feel for the game but I keep being unable to move well with my keyboard and mouse when I'm in battle. I'm playing as a Thaumaturge. Anyone have any advice?
Old 2019-02-18, 22:24   Link #2831
cyberdemon

Quote:
Okay...

Another question: I'm using the Free Trial to get a feel for the game but I keep being unable to move well with my keyboard and mouse when I'm in battle. I'm playing as a Thaumaturge. Anyone have any advice?
I play using my ps4 controller which is more comfortable for me
Old 2019-02-19, 01:14   Link #2832
zibi88

Quote:
Okay...

maybe try to get into the Camera option and try using Legacy settings, its like splitting movment from camera position. You move camera with holding LMB and can move in all directions of WASD without breaking the camera placement, always worth a try.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-19, 05:06   Link #2833
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Firstly, go to your settings (I'm not at my desktop, so unfortunately I can't give you exact directions) and disable camera-locking on target. This will be tremendously helpful in combat situations that require you to move away from the target, to avoid telegraphed attacks.

The LMB allows you to shift the camera view without changing the direction your character is facing, while the RMB changes both the camera and your character's direction. It's actually very intuitive once you play around with it a little bit more.

If you don't disable camera-lock on target, what happens is that every time you use the WASD keys to move, you'll end up circling around the target, and that will cause problems when the monster throws up an AOE attack around it, or if it uses an attack that requires you to face away from it.

So, what I do in such situations is to use the RMB to make my character face away from the monster, and then use the WASD keys to run away from it, to evade the attack. Using the "S" key to back away from the target is not recommended, because you'll walk backwards instead of running. In other words, you won't be able to react in time.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-19, 20:47   Link #2834
Twi

Okay. Thanks.
Old 2019-03-20, 12:45   Link #2835
cyberdemon

only a few more days till the final fanfest
Old 2019-03-22, 23:49   Link #2836
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Shadowbringers full trailer

Hrothgar (all male) introduction

Dancer is going to be DPS (also throwback FFIX music)

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 00:30   Link #2837
cyberdemon

Seems like we are going to the first world that the warriors of darkness came from.

Hrothgar are the Ronso. I'd be all for Ronso if it didn't look like they took a Roe and slapped some fur and a horn on them. They clearly put more effort into the Viera

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2019-03-23 at 00:57.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 09:28   Link #2838
Twi

There goes the gil I had on Geomancers being a thing...

Edit:

You know, I thought that being a Tank was bad. I was wrong. Being a healer trying to keep up with a Tank who runs through the dungeon so fast that I can't keep him in line of sight is worse. I said to slow down. I said it was my first time in the dungeon with the spider. But they didn't listen, even after I strained my finger to keep them alive after they kept getting poisoned.

Then the cutscene played and they all died because they didn't wait.

I hope they enjoyed the run back.

I literally couldn't see anything about the battle or my surroundings because I was too busy trying to make sure they didn't die. If I didn't have that Heal Focus Target Macro set, he would have died ten times over.

And considering how my connection had been shoddy, my party was lucky the Connection didn't drop on them.

Either way, I wasn't going to stop a plot-important cutscene because they wanted to be Leeroy Jenkins. The moment it said the area was going to be sealed off in 15 seconds and I was in the middle of listening to how the Garleans killed a bunch of Sylphs to try and get their primals (yeah, they're beyond redemption), I was just resigned to letting it play out.

If they couldn't take five seconds to check if the Healer had the Viewing Cutscene icon or do a Ready Check, let them die and learn that lesson the hard way. The Tank and Healer are the two important slots, but the Healer sets the pace.

I'm not even a mean Healer. Yesterday alone I healed anyone I saw in the field that looked like they were getting hurt. One Blue Mage even partied with me specifically so I could keep him alive to learn Bristle from the Briar Patch Boars. It took like 30 minutes and he did die once, but I Raise'd him while my Chocobo kept me alive since they were like Level 20 aggressive mobs and I was just over Level 16 at the time.

Last edited by Twi; 2019-03-23 at 19:06.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-24, 11:05   Link #2839
Twi

I did the Noctis event. Garuda's Microburst got me seven times before I decided to just play as Scholar and soak the damage with a Lagress Boosted Succor + Sacred Soil.
Old 2019-05-04, 08:30   Link #2840
Twi

For those unaware, if you don't have Heavensward you can get it for free until June due to Shadowbringers.

Tags
mmorpg