The Unknowing Know It All

I dont really hate nor like her. To me she's just a side character thats there
Old 2008-07-01, 07:06   Link #182
Leila

Sorry cant stand her... annoys the hell out of me
Old 2008-07-01, 18:13   Link #183
BleachOD
Banned

I feel the need to say why I hate Orihime, most people think it's because I am a rabid Ichiruki lover...but thats not why

I hate Orihime because KT ruined a character I loved. (Yes silent- non-believing spectators... I DID!!!)

Over time she got uglier and Uglier...and she reminds of Sakura <--Who was useless, emo, she had the stalker gene too. And those Sasuke-Kun's. Made me want to slap her. I like NaruHina anyway. She's cute, and shy and funny.

There really isn't too much difference in Orihime & Rukia's characters. They both like cute things. Have weird imaginations. Orihime is a better artist...
Brave, Loyal and Strong. FUNNY<--I left it out the first time

At one time I didn't care who he ended up with. But then I read the manga... Then I realized...(She's a stalker!) Orihime has "Tunnel Vision" and at the end of it...is a guy named "Strawberry" . Everything except the time she took up for Tatsuki is motivated out of "Wub fo Kwurosaki -Kwun...
She has a Dependant personality (The length of her hair is a symbol of her dependency on Tatsuki)
Which makes me hate her and she's now become a waste of page space. Because she's not even being used in the capacity she was created for. TO ADD AN ELEMENT OF ROMANCE TO BLEACH AND TO MAKE SURE THAT THOSE HAVE TO HAVE THE OBVIOUS SPELLED OUT FOR THEM SEE =Ichiruki PWNS all!!

They say...You can't hate something you don't REALLY LOVE, anyway...
Rukia gets a lot of shit, because the bastard Kubo blessed every woman but her with Boobies. ...BIG Boobies. Which is dumb reason to want to see a couple get together...So I feel the need to defend her.
But I would forget her easily, if I didn't see her either....*I like the Man-Candy of Bleach. *
As far as I am concerned...it could be nothing but pages of Ichigo and I'm straight! <--"I'm Straight" Is slang for "I am very happy and satisfied" It has nothing to do with sexual orientation

But I dislike Orihime because of her character and not because I see her as a threat...I never have ...when I loved her...I felt sorry for her and was almost a demon, except I decided to choose the path of righteousness, and CANON MOE...IchiRuki
Old 2008-07-01, 18:48   Link #184
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I do agree, KT has wedged Orihime's character in a precarious situation.

It's to the point where I have completely no idea what to think of her or what KT intends to do with her character. Right now she's just sitting there... I hate KT?

All I know is that everyone goes through a period of self-reflection in their life, to get stronger or become weaker. During this time a person is not themselves. Whether or not you hold this time against them is entirely up to your discretion.

That reminds me, IchiRuki is about as canon as IchiOri, perhaps less canon.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-02, 01:50   Link #185
Ichigo&Rukia

IchiRuki=less canon?

I'm almost the same as OD.I loved Orihime-so positive and she definitiely WAS funny but confident.
Now what is she?Annoying.Yes,it's annoying to have her say she's going to change and what next?She is crying or pining for her Kurosaki-kun.
She is just emotionally unstable.This is a war,she can't be the small and cute Orihime,she needs to change if she wants to survive.
And yes,I agree she depends on the others.She waits for Tatsuki to defend her from Chizuru.She could stop the drunk Shinigami from Soul Society but Ishida did because Orihime LET him do it.She is just too passive for me,she thinks only about love and love and love in the time of a serious war and while her friends are dying she is all like "oh KUROSAKI-KUN" It's old and it's killing me.
A chapter or two does not show romantic relationship and Orihime is not encouraged.
She abrely speaks to Ichigo!What does she expect him to do?
I like her bubbly personality,Bleach needs characters like her HOWEVER with all her Ichigo Ichigo Ichigo she is depthless.The lack of developement in her charactermakes me hate her.There should be more determination in her.
So in one word the reason I hate her is because she is boring.
Old 2008-07-02, 04:00   Link #186
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

^Just acting as a counter to OD, someone has to do it (all in good fun of course...) but lets not turn this into a romance debate thread, there's a very active one already up.

Anyways, like I said, I don't know what KT is trying to do with her character. As of right now, Orihime is just Orihime to me... she's just there.

I feel as if all the development that was supposed to happen with this arc... stagnated when Aizen revealed his "true" plan. Everything has been a farce and it makes me hate KT even more since I feel he passed up a very golden opportunity to develop her.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-03, 20:30   Link #187
Azrac
Berserker

Someone must be stupid to hate anime character,blame the author not the character.
Old 2008-07-04, 00:31   Link #188
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

ok Mr. Technicality
Old 2008-07-11, 09:04   Link #189
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrac View Post
Someone must be stupid to hate anime character,blame the author not the character.
Dude, where's the fun in that? and if u blame the author, he somehow comes to know bout it, gets fed up, and stops writing right now, basically at the climax, just before the finale. watcha gonna do then? or he'll take ur favourite character and toture him/her, make him/her look like a pathetic loser, then finally kill the character off. or, worse still, he will take the most popular character instead, which i think is like... Hitsugaya or something, and do the above to him/her. Also, fictional characters like Orihime cant bitch back.
Old 2008-07-11, 09:18   Link #190
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrac View Post
Someone must be very stupid to blame a real life author for a fictional character he creates. It's not like anyone here is crying and slamming the keyboard and prepping to suicide just because ichigo held orihime's hands... ... ... no.. on second thought don't quite me on that
Old 2008-07-11, 09:27   Link #191
tbl
Affably Evil

I blame the author for making a character I hate.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-07-11, 10:47   Link #192
BleachAddict
Hitokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
All I know is that everyone goes through a period of self-reflection in their life, to get stronger or become weaker. During this time a person is not themselves. Whether or not you hold this time against them is entirely up to your discretion.
but dude, comon... self-reflection takes more than half of the 300+ chapters?
Old 2008-07-11, 11:10   Link #193
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
But she can't always be like this.
She had a 300 chapters period being self-reflectioned.
That's what I dislike in Orihime.The lack of developement and her beloved Ichi-kun.Her love makes her so depthless.
She has deep character but I don't see anything else other than Ichigo in that depths.
But the previous chapter was love!She is definitely starting to get back to he r other self.
Old 2008-07-11, 11:45   Link #194
BleachAddict
Hitokiri

Angry

I don't like her nor do i hate her... hate is too strong of a word. heh!

She's very nice. She's everybody's friend. Perfect athough a bit of an airhead (dunno how to equate this with her being part of the top students in their year..doesn't make sense) quite funny as well.. but her character is just....toooooo...soft(?). Don't really understand why she survived SS arc without fighting anybody. She's also very perceptive. She's an integral part of the story and her powers are very, very, very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Then I realized...(She's a stalker!) Orihime has "Tunnel Vision" and at the end of it...is a guy named "Strawberry" . Everything except the time she took up for Tatsuki is motivated out of "Wub fo Kwurosaki -Kwun...
She has a Dependant personality (The length of her hair is a symbol of her dependency on Tatsuki)
Got that right. She is too dependent on the people around her. She's spineless. She may have good intentions but hey that is not enough. She's the epitome of a damsel in distress. She can't defend herself. Hell, she can't even defend herself when her lesbian classmate harass her. Tatsuki always does the protecting..while she just stands there, oblivious...wondering why her bestfriend punched her classmate. how lame is that? During fights, she's always on the sidelines, not lifting a finger and always being rescued. I think she can't even kill or even hurt an enemy when the situation calls for it. Rukia, Chad, Ishida even Ichigo are aware of this. She endangers herself and those who are protecting her. I even notice that everyone else is too nice around her...too gentle...seems like they are too afraid to hurt her or make her cry even. Has anybody really shouted at her other than Yourichi (which was scolded by Ichigo because it made Inoue cry...pfft)

I'd be really disappionted if Ichigo ends up with Inoue. I'll immediately give up my love for Bleach if this happens (nah... exaggerating but my interest will defy go downhill)... Ichigo deserves somebody better, stronger. I might change my mind if her character does a 360 in the upcoming chaps but as of the moment PUHLEAASE!!!! This was elaborated more in another thread.

Although, ..... it pains me to admit this, however... i think Kubo will pair them up in the end. Since she's the typical i-love-you-i'll-do-anything-for-you-i-won't-dominate-you-my-prince, super nice love interest who always get the lead in mangas....shuckssssss.... unless, Kubo is not the typical otaku who dreams of women like Inoue and thinks that every guy deserves a girl like her since she's very nice and kind and will always make a guy feel he's superman.

I may sound like i hate her.. but i don't.. honestly..hahaha... i just don't like FRAGILE characters. Kaoru (of Battusai), Rukia and Yourichi have the best characters in Bleach (in my opinion). Rukia may have been beated and almost killed a number of times but she always gets up and doesn't let that incident get the best of her. She has the will to get stronger, not just for a certain person but for herself as well. Yourichi -- no need to elaborate, she's helluva strong physically and emotionally. Kaoru, she's can fight alongside Kenshin with her Kamiya Kasshin Ryu - different story haha.
Old 2008-07-11, 12:04   Link #195
Nervous Venus

Quote:
self-reflection takes more than half of the 300+ chapters?
But in the case of BLEACH, everything moves pretty quickly. It's only been after SS arc that she started spiraling downhill. Only recently has the wait for Hime to grow some backbone taken a toll on me. However, after seeing her retaliate to Ulqui and after being spoiled for 317, and hearing that she's finally getting back on her own two feet, I'm starting to seriously love her all over again.

I just think a lot of people who don't like Orihime like Rukia more? Personal taste, I guess? I remember not really liking Rukia at all, but I had skipped a lot of the ss arc, and going back and re-reading, I like her just as much as Orihime now.
Old 2008-07-11, 12:13   Link #196
BleachAddict
Hitokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
Only recently has the wait for Hime to grow some backbone taken a toll on me. However, after seeing her retaliate to Ulqui and after being spoiled for 317, and hearing that she's finally getting back on her own two feet, I'm starting to seriously love her all over again.
See that's one of the reasons why i don't hate her....because she's perceptive. very insightful. Although, i still can't say that she's growing some backbone, well..maybe a little bit...but i don't think she's scared of Ulq. She slapped him once or was that twice? and she saw, or thought, she saw a good side of Ulq when she was kept captive. "eat..woman! eat!"
Old 2008-07-11, 12:50   Link #197
thespringmoon
kaze ni naritai

I voted already... but I can't really remember if I've ever posted in here. : D I'm just one of those weird-y people who happens to love all of the characters, but Hime-chan's ALWAYS been my favorite, haha.
Anywaaaaay... I'm not here to debate... everyone's got their preferences when it comes to favorite characters. I just wanted to say something really fast. : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachAddict View Post
Got that right. She is too dependent on the people around her. She's spineless. She may have good intentions but hey that is not enough. She's the epitome of a damsel in distress. She can't defend herself. Hell, she can't even defend herself when her lesbian classmate harass her. Tatsuki always does the protecting..while she just stands there, oblivious...wondering why her bestfriend punched her classmate. how lame is that? During fights, she's always on the sidelines, not lifting a finger and always being rescued. I think she can't even kill or even hurt an enemy when the situation calls for it. Rukia, Chad, Ishida even Ichigo are aware of this. She endangers herself and those who are protecting her.
I can't reply to this any better than with the words someone else said. "There's a fine line between RELYING on protection and ACCEPTING it." Hime-chan does not seek out the protection from her friends, because she is certainly capable of defending herself when necessary. When it comes to kicking ass out on the field, she's hasn't been much help, I'll admit. I think that the only reason her friends keep her on the sidelines, is because they know that she doesn't have much of that 'killer instinct' that everyone else seems to have [although, for whatever reason, I have a feeling that that will change soon. she can manipulate the universe however she feels, that HAS GOT to be worth something later on.], but at least she wants to be of some use, and she's trying.

I had other things to say, but I got caught up in watching my sister get blown up in Halo, that I forgot. :0 maybe I'll remember later.
Old 2008-07-11, 15:41   Link #198
BleachAddict
Hitokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespringmoon View Post
[although, for whatever reason, I have a feeling that that will change soon. she can manipulate the universe however she feels, that HAS GOT to be worth something later on.], but at least she wants to be of some use, and she's trying.
yeah, she said so herself. She will reject the Hougyoku (not sure if that was spelled right, but you get what i mean)....ohhh... i just have this crazy idea ...if she does reject that Hougyuku wouldn't it be that everything else related to that thing will be rejected as well. Million points for her! coz if this will happen then No war, No Aizen, No Vaizards, No Isshin (another wild idea that other than the fact that he loved a human he is part of that Hougyuku conspiracy), No Kisuke and Yourichi in the living world, Rukia wouldn't have met Ichigo...........................

no Bleach (?)

nah.

Man! Sometimes i think my imagination is at par with Inoue and Kuchiki's.
Old 2008-07-12, 07:27   Link #199
Ichigo&Rukia

But since I like debating,gotta join.No,I love it.
Quote:
I can't reply to this any better than with the words someone else said. "There's a fine line between RELYING on protection and ACCEPTING it." Hime-chan does not seek out the protection from her friends, because she is certainly capable of defending herself when necessary. When it comes to kicking ass out on the field, she's hasn't been much help, I'll admit. I think that the only reason her friends keep her on the sidelines, is because they know that she doesn't have much of that 'killer instinct' that everyone else seems to have [although, for whatever reason, I have a feeling that that will change soon. she can manipulate the universe however she feels, that HAS GOT to be worth something later on.], but at least she wants to be of some use, and she's trying.
Capable of protecting herself?Well,the Yammy fight didn't show us that
No,she relies on it.Why doesn't she defend herself from Chizuru?I doubt Orihime likes a crazy lesbian chick touching her wherever she wants even with no permission.But Orihime just waits for Tatsuki to come,kick Chizuru and then everything is over.However there is going to be time when Tatsuki won't be around.And Orihime will need resolve. or powers or protection or whatever it is.
"Killer instinct" Who is talking about this?It's fighting to protect and save.It's fighting for pride and love.Killing is not just going on the battlefield and kicking asses with no reason.You are doing this for people's lives.It's not needed for you to be a monster and no one demands that from Orihime.
Enemies won't care what kind of heart Orihime has.They will attack her and her friends and she will have to do something.Does she have to watch there,just stand like an idiot and not defending herself and the others just because her heart is not of a killer?It's not nesecary to be in the first place.
When the situation demands fighting,Orihime will have to do it.In war,many people were forced to mature.Would the enemies care if she is soo special that she can't fight?She isn't made of glass.She isn't more innocent and good as a person for example than Rukia who fights alot.It comes to resolve,not only if you like it or not.She isn't gonna fight without need.
And then people wonder what's that hate.Well,she is a passive character and people just don't like that type.If someone has a problem with that,better get over it.
Quote:
But in the case of BLEACH, everything moves pretty quickly. It's only been after SS arc that she started spiraling downhill. Only recently has the wait for Hime to grow some backbone taken a toll on me. However, after seeing her retaliate to Ulqui and after being spoiled for 317, and hearing that she's finally getting back on her own two feet, I'm starting to seriously love her all over again.
Everything except Orihime's developement moves pretty quickly.I can't start loving her again after that passive and selfish period of a winter sleep which she was lost in.
She needed more than 100 chapters.What kind of "strong" character is that.
Quote:
I just think a lot of people who don't like Orihime like Rukia more? Personal taste, I guess? I remember not really liking Rukia at all, but I had skipped a lot of the ss arc, and going back and re-reading, I like her just as much as Orihime now.
They are different types.Such opposites.You can rarely see someone loving them both.The only person that I've seen in the I-net who really likes them both very much is debbiechan.
Old 2008-07-12, 15:01   Link #200
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
Capable of protecting herself?Well,the Yammy fight didn't show us that
Biased fanboys/girls are such a scary thing. This is the poorest arguement you can make. Theire is nothing wrong with an ordinary 15y old girl who recently got her powers (which are purely healing / shielding) getting overpowered bye the 10th Espada. She'll never be an offensive type and when it comes to healing she is in the top league with only Onohana topping her prolly.

Well since you seem a crazy IchigoxRukia fan with that nick and the way you're talking, it's not like Rukia was impressive against the 9th Espada. Luckely she had plotkai working for her. And her cocky attitude with overestemating herself has only done her more bad then good so far. You see even Rukia has flaws...
And she only won with plotkai when she has 100 year of experience as a shinigami. 100 years that's more then Inoue will ever get to be.

Quote:
No,she relies on it.Why doesn't she defend herself from Chizuru?I doubt Orihime likes a crazy lesbian chick touching her wherever she wants even with no permission.But Orihime just waits for Tatsuki to come,kick Chizuru and then everything is over.However there is going to be time when Tatsuki won't be around.And Orihime will need resolve. or powers or protection or whatever it is.
"Killer instinct"
You are taking what is supposed to be comic relief as an arguement to describe her weak. She is a gentle person and seeing that Chizuru is a close friend it fits her character perfectly. She wouldn't let some random dudes do that to her especially cause she learned tai jutsu from Tatsuki sho she ain't weak at all in the normal world, and she has resolve like perfectly shown in the last chapter and if she hadn't she would've cracked completely in HM. Even if Tsubaki is shot with killerinstict I doubt it would be a kickass move since she is clearly not the offensive type. But heck she'll never win over an Espada, you're asking to much ffs!

Quote:
Who is talking about this?It's fighting to protect and save.It's fighting for pride and love.Killing is not just going on the battlefield and kicking asses with no reason.You are doing this for people's lives.It's not needed for you to be a monster and no one demands that from Orihime.
Enemies won't care what kind of heart Orihime has.They will attack her and her friends and she will have to do something.Does she have to watch there,just stand like an idiot and not defending herself and the others just because her heart is not of a killer?It's not nesecary to be in the first place.
Do you even have a point with this? When are you going to figure out she isn't out to kick ass on the battlefield. She just wants to be "mental" support to her friends (Ichigo especially). And mb heal them up afterwards. Ichigo gave her a thumbs up and said he would protect her so if you gonna whine she has no place theire then tell it to Ichigo who had no problem with her comming. And HM she ain't theire out of her free will. She got blackmailed...

Quote:
When the situation demands fighting,Orihime will have to do it.In war,many people were forced to mature.Would the enemies care if she is soo special that she can't fight?She isn't made of glass.She isn't more innocent and good as a person for example than Rukia who fights alot.It comes to resolve,not only if you like it or not.She isn't gonna fight without need.
Theire won't be a situation where she has to fight, since she is clearly not the fighter type. The best we are going to see from her is standing up for herself like she did with this weeks chapter (317) against Ulq.

Quote:
And then people wonder what's that hate.Well,she is a passive character and people just don't like that type.If someone has a problem with that,better get over it.

Everything except Orihime's developement moves pretty quickly.I can't start loving her again after that passive and selfish period of a winter sleep which she was lost in.
She needed more than 100 chapters.What kind of "strong" character is that.
Man a guy with your nick shouldn't bash her to much cause it's to obvious. I've seen enough Orihime lovers heck even the pole is advantageous for her. It's just pathetic IchigoxRukia fans are afraid she'll take theire Ichigo away from theire precious Rukia. Btw I'm no InouexIchigo fan before you go accusing me of that cause I don't believe in romance in Bleach and even if we get it one day it will suck as much as the romance in Dragonball anyway.

Quote:
But since I like debating,gotta join.No,I love it.
Then debate and make some good arguements in stead of bashing.
Closed Thread