AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite F/sn Character Poll (Multiple Choice allowed!)
Emiya Kiritsugu 52 5.36%
Emiya Shirou 190 19.59%
Saber 577 59.48%
Tohsaka Rin 477 49.18%
Archer 443 45.67%
Ilyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern 229 23.61%
Berzerker 31 3.20%
Matou Sakura 121 12.47%
Matou Shinji 13 1.34%
Rider 197 20.31%
Kuzuki Souichirou 17 1.75%
Caster 85 8.76%
Assassin 112 11.55%
Kotomine Kirei 38 3.92%
Lancer 124 12.78%
Gilgamesh 165 17.01%
Fuji Nee (Fujimura Taiga) 65 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 970. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-06, 09:08   Link #361
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Again, that's what makes him so badass. "As a Berserker, he was stripped of his sanity and reason, acting feral and animalistic in combat." He doesn't need any kind of "flashy cool move" as one of his swings causes mass destruction, he would be too overpowered otherwise. Too perfect.

The reason he acts wild and unable to think is because Ilya couldn't control him because of his spirit, so she did that to have more control over him. His "roar" is enough to get you shivers. xD
Old 2009-09-06, 09:24   Link #362
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
But that wouldn't make him badass. Do you think a bear is badass? No it's a wild animal. Badass is someone who pulls something exceptionally awesome as "human". And I state again. Berserker wasn't human at all.(if we except 1-2 scene where he showed a bit of humanity)

Badass is something because of the human behind it. It's like: "I wish to be able to do that too" or something like that.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 09:28   Link #363
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Well, then neither of the servants are badass in your opinion, since none of them are human. I see, I understand now. /end of sarcasm.

Badass means someone with an extreme behavior and attitude that are admirable. I don't see your point mentioning "human" or not since we are talking about spirits.
Old 2009-09-06, 09:45   Link #364
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

You know the other servants are "human", because they think like one, act like one. They are having emotions, thoughts and desires. They're not even nearly as "mechanical" as Berserker.
Or do you really want to rumble and ferociously attack without any mind like Berserker? Do you really want to obey every single order of a little girl?
I doubt it...or if yes, you're part of the minority.
Old 2009-09-06, 09:54   Link #365
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Funny you stopped mentioning badass. It's obvious because I was right, being badass doesn't mean having to be "human", it's just being badass and that's all, like Berserker. Unless you are thinking like a little kid, having "flashy moves" and all means badass, lmao.

Berserker was stripped off his insanity and reason because otherwise his spirit would have been too much for Ilya and she would have died from fatigue. Also he still had emotions because even though he was stripped off his insanity, he still held great devotion to Ilya. His rage is enough emotion to understand that, so it's common sense, if he didn't held any he wouldn't be as strong.

So, yeah I suggest you go back watching the anime or play the game again before you post facts which are not facts at all.

P.S. I wasn't trying to bash or start an argument or anything, but since you took it that way, I don't mind at all =)
Old 2009-09-06, 10:17   Link #366
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, you certainly start to pass the line between critics and insult...but leave it that way.
And seriously...did you read throughly what I posted?
I answered your argument about being "human". And Berserker certainly isn't one.
Rage? it's the simplest emotion. The animals have it too. Love, ideals, goals, resistance etc... Berserker barely did shown any of it. The only exceptions are both when he's dying. But until that he was just a ferocious animal, not a human(-like) being.
But I think we should stop it.
Berserker is a good character, but certainly not human and certainly not because of his "personality". He served her role very well, but he's not a character we easily could end up liking.
The votes clearly indicates that.
But well, he may get more votes after the UBW movie. He certainly was an even more of an unstopable monster in it.
Old 2009-09-06, 10:19   Link #367
calorie

Okay well, here are my votes, can't believe I haven't noticed this thread earlier.

In descending order of liking,

Archer
Perhaps I am not being awfully original with this choice but I can't help it. He is unrestricted by principles, wise, sly and is burdened by immeasurable guilt. As selfish as he might have become the morals that are deeply rooted in his personality still make him act noble in the very end of things. As a servant, untraditional and powerful with a plethora of dangerous moves that help him survive or bring down the enemy. Bland as it may sound, cool is simply the perfect word to describe him.

Tohsaka Rin
Confident, attractive and persistent. Her character is a cross between a devil and a cute girl that comes with quite a hefty set of quirks. Moe factor reaching infinity.

Kotomine Kirei
This guy is extremely eloquent and loves to play with semantics, though these traits are also backed up by experience and wisdom. The concept of a man who is born with the inverted senses of good and evil is a pretty interesting one; furthermore, he did not originally choose to accept his role of an evil doer, he tried to oppose it and uncover the meaning behind his existence. However, the very acceptance of his nature made him a passive beast that he was in the present timeline of the vn/anime, a contradicting entity of a man that clearly sees the notions of morality, justice and honor but remains bound by his curse, thus ridding him of any true motive. Kirei is driven by logic, not emotion and sees himself as but a figure on the chessboard of life.

Lancer
I just love the Lawful Neutral alignment. There is something inherently intriguing about it because it's so rare in our world (roughly speaking of course, no real person can be classified precisely). The concept of this servant is the one I like the most: a skilled fighter with a light, agile body fitted into a very balanced, moderate-powered class. Though he would seldom explicitly break the rules, bending them and acting independently is no novelty to this servant. Another thing that caught my attention and made me like this servant is his manner of speaking which is much more casual and clear than that of any other character in Fate/stay night. Lancer knows who he is any time of the day.

Shirou
Well, we all know Shirou pretty well so I won't go into any details on why I like this character. All I'm gonna say is - he may be a typical anime protagonist and a blunt-headed idiot, but is brought to life quite decently by the writer. Probably everyone has a part of him that strives to be like Shirou, I certainly have plenty.

Honorable mentions:

Matou Sakura, Saber, Gilgamesh, Ilyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern, Rider
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:28   Link #368
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

That's why I told you, play the game again. That's just his fighting style. He fights like that, so you come here and call him he's not human? LMAO!! In terms of fighting Berserker is the most human of all, Unlike other servants with all their "Thousand blades" or Noble Phantasm's that sends a Blast of magic energy or something.

Emotions? Of course he has. If you played the game you would know this. He cares for Ilya and has great devotion towards her. It's not like Berserker is always causing chaos, only when he's fighting and when he receives orders.

I don't really care about the votes, most people vote because of the appearances of the character but they never get into full detail.

My other favorite character is also Lancer. I admire his skill.
Old 2009-09-06, 12:40   Link #369
Aqua Knight

I'm happy everyone loves Lancer!!!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 00:08   Link #370
sirlancerlot
iLance

My list of characters I liked in descending order:
1. Archer
2. Sakura
3. Lancer
4. Shirou & Rin
5. Both Assassins
6. Gilgamesh
7. Kotomine Kirei

how is Archer not the top fav?

Sakura should have more votes. Yea I'm biased bc I <3 HF route. But I expected more fans for Lancer.

Saber's basically the stubborn girl version of Shirou imo. Nothing really exciting.

I agree with Rin's place she was cool.

Both assassins were awesome. I like Kotomine bc of his dedication to his philosophy of life (like Shirou, but evil) and he was the only one able to control Gilgamesh that crazy sob haha
sirlancerlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 13:08   Link #371
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I also love Sakura she's awsome :3 and I also love HF
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 13:32   Link #372
Aqua Knight

Sakura's prettier than Saber for me.
Blondes aren't my type. But violet,blue hair ftw.
Old 2009-09-08, 01:22   Link #373
ecchi-ru
Straw-Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Sakura's prettier than Saber for me.
Blondes aren't my type. But violet,blue hair ftw.
I prefer the black one though...
ecchi-ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 06:16   Link #374
Aqua Knight

Dark hair also rules , especially when it's long.
Simply, I too love Tohsaka and much better than Sakura.
Old 2009-09-08, 06:26   Link #375
calorie

Though I prefer Tohsaka as a character over Sakura and Saber, based on pure looks and demeanor, out of those three I like Saber the most because of her elegant, slightly western looks. Sakura gets to be quite a looker in the end of the game but I still like her the least, busty chubbies aren't really my type.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 06:33   Link #376
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsla View Post
Though I prefer Tohsaka as a character over Sakura and Saber, based on pure looks and demeanor, out of those three I like Saber the most because of her elegant, slightly western looks. Sakura gets to be quite a looker in the end of the game but I still like her the least, busty chubbies aren't really my type.
They are my type. Well, in terms of body contest Sakura wins the pretty easily: petite figure, long purple hair and she's not oversized with her breasts.
Then comes Tohsaka, because of the attitude. And the last is Saber, but as I said blondes aren't my type. Though I like blue eyes (Saber has them,right or not?) and Tohsaka too has them?
Old 2009-09-08, 07:05   Link #377
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I guess what makes Sakura so hot is because she's always so horny. Shinji trained her quite well, that bastard....
Old 2009-09-08, 09:53   Link #378
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
They are my type. Well, in terms of body contest Sakura wins the pretty easily: petite figure, long purple hair and she's not oversized with her breasts.
Then comes Tohsaka, because of the attitude. And the last is Saber, but as I said blondes aren't my type. Though I like blue eyes (Saber has them,right or not?) and Tohsaka too has them?
Saber has green eyes. Shirou comfirms this.
Old 2009-09-08, 10:04   Link #379
Aqua Knight

And Tohsaka?
Old 2009-09-08, 10:09   Link #380
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Duuno, she probably has green eyes too but I dont know.