AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-16, 18:50   Link #41
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Why do you guys think I'm still buying games from NISA despite my recent purchases from them are less than stellar? Because I still WANT these kind of games translated in English.

I mean, I am one of the few people who mourned the loss of Working Designs. A lot of people don't particularly care about their translations (or to be more precise, how liberal they were at it), but hell, I was just grateful to have games such as Growlanser and Arc the Lad come over stateside. I wouldn't wish the same fate on NISA.

That said, there is no excuse for the recent buggy games. They might still have my money, but despite how much money I spend on games, I'm still only one guy and I'm not nearly enough to keep them afloat. They have my support till the end, but I can't say the same for anyone else who's smarter than I am stubborn with my faith. All I'm saying is that if they want to still be in business, they better shape up or else, their reputation will catch up to them.

Of course, they have a lot of time in their hands to fix their mistakes. And in making the public be more aware of their recent deficiencies, I hope it will encourage them not to make the same mistakes again. Goodness knows that even Atlus, my current favourite company, doesn't have a spot-free history... (Persona 1 missing a big chunk of content and only having the latter half of Persona 2, anyone?)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 07:13   Link #42
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I also care. Now I won't be buying Rhapsody DS.
Old 2009-05-18, 22:20   Link #43
Mauru

Benoit, you shouldn't give up that easly.
Mauru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 17:16   Link #44
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I'm sorry, I don't want to buy a game riddled with glitches that weren't there in the original version. It's bad QA, and I won't be supporting this shoddyness with my precious money.
Old 2009-05-19, 17:41   Link #45
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I'm sorry, I don't want to buy a game riddled with glitches that weren't there in the original version. It's bad QA, and I won't be supporting this shoddyness with my precious money.
Well..if you want to think like that at least wait until the game comes out and if it has glitches then don't buy it.

But don't jump to conclusions now.
Old 2009-05-19, 20:23   Link #46
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I agree let's just wait and see how the game is when it comes out, Benoit as a fellow Bishoujo game fan, I thought you of all people wouldn't be so quick to jump to making rash decisions.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 00:14   Link #47
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Uhh, I was under the impression that Benoit was talking about Rhapsody DS, not Sakura Taisen V. Which I can understand his position... most people don't want to waste money on bad products.

For the smart people (ie. people not like me), they should wait for STV's reviews before making a purchase. Not because of the score (which I think every RPG site would rate at least favourably), but whether or not bugs/glitches/slowdowns/untranslated text are present in game.

As for me... pre-order day one, baby!

(Man, I sometimes wonder if its people like me who encourage this kind of behaviour from the companies, since no matter how bad their product is, they know I'll still buy it... )
Old 2009-05-20, 00:18   Link #48
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Uhh, I was under the impression that Benoit was talking about Rhapsody DS, not Sakura Taisen V. Which I can understand his position... most people don't want to waste money on bad products.

For the smart people (ie. people not like me), they should wait for STV's reviews before making a purchase. Not because of the score (which I think every RPG site would rate at least favourably), but whether or not bugs/glitches/slowdowns/untranslated text are present in game.

As for me... pre-order day one, baby!

(Man, I sometimes wonder if its people like me who encourage this kind of behaviour from the companies, since no matter how bad their product is, they know I'll still buy it... )
Well it really implyed it when he said:

Quote:
and I won't be supporting this shoddyness with my precious money.
He is talking about "THIS".

I don't think you should blame yourself I doubt games with glitches and all that sell well.
Old 2009-05-20, 00:42   Link #49
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Nah, while it can be read that way, it still makes much more sense if he's talking about Rhapsody.

1) Last thing he specifically talked about is NOT BUYING Rhapsody DS
2) Benoit replied that he doesn't want a game that has glitches that werent in the original version
3) Rhapsody is a buggy game, while no one is sure what STV is
4) he said 'I won't be supporting shoddyness with my precious money',

Going by 4 basically being the same as 1 in terms of action (not spending money), the most logical object (aka. 'this') would then be the same object that was in 1 (which is Rhapsody). This is further evidenced by 2 talking about a 'buggy game', in which we know from 3 is the Rhapsody is one. Not only that, but from 1 he already implied that the reason he won't be buying Rhapsody is because its buggy, which further reinforces that its Rhapsody and not Sakura Taisen V he's talking about.

Of course, I hope I'm not putting words in Benoit's mouth. XD

But yeah, if there's anything I learned in critical thinking classes, its to be charitable (ie. assume the person is smart rather than not). Goes a long way in avoiding strawman arguements, misinterpretations, and especially flame wars in other boards I frequent.
Old 2009-05-20, 00:46   Link #50
Mauru

Quote:
Nah, while it can be read that way, it still makes much more sense if he's talking about Rhapsody.

1) Last thing he specifically talked about is NOT BUYING Rhapsody DS
2) Benoit replied that he doesn't want a game that has glitches that werent in the original version
3) Rhapsody is a buggy game, while no one is sure what STV is
4) he said 'I won't be supporting shoddyness with my precious money',

Going by 4 basically being the same as 1 in terms of action (not spending money), the most logical object (aka. 'this') would then be the same object that was in 1 (which is Rhapsody). This is further evidenced by 2 talking about a 'buggy game', in which we know from 3 is the Rhapsody is one. Not only that, but from 1 he already implied that the reason he won't be buying Rhapsody is because its buggy, which further reinforces that its Rhapsody and not Sakura Taisen V he's talking about.

Of course, I hope I'm not putting words in Benoit's mouth. XD

But yeah, if there's anything I learned in critical thinking classes, its to be charitable. Goes a long way in avoiding strawman arguements, misinterpretations, and especially flame wars in other boards I frequent.

You seem to be some kind of genuis.
Old 2009-05-20, 00:54   Link #51
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Nah. Critical Thinking classes + debating in shipping forums (of which can get really nasty, one of them was called the 'deathmarch thread' for crying out loud) has given me a lot of practice. Just like with any other skill, all it takes is just that.
Old 2009-05-20, 01:02   Link #52
Mauru

Quote:
Nah. Critical Thinking classes + debating in shipping forums (of which can get really nasty, one of them was called the 'deathmarch thread' for crying out loud) has given me a lot of practice. Just like with any other skill, all it takes is just that.
What is shipping?

And for not getting off-topic I will say my favorite character in Sakura Taisen V is Diana.
Old 2009-05-20, 02:00   Link #53
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauru View Post
What is shipping?

And for not getting off-topic I will say my favorite character in Sakura Taisen V is Diana.
I'm assuming when he says "Shipping" He's talking about the discussions of video game couples and who fit who. I think?

My favorite character in Sakura Taisen V were Gemini, Ratchet and Rika.

But Mauru I thought you never played Sakura Taisen V which is why you're looking forward to this the most, unless you're basing it off character design, how can you say Diana's your favorite character?
Old 2009-05-20, 02:08   Link #54
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
I'm assuming when he says "Shipping" He's talking about the discussions of video game couples and who fit who. I think?

My favorite character in Sakura Taisen V were Gemini, Ratchet and Rika.

But Mauru I thought you never played Sakura Taisen V which is why you're looking forward to this the most, unless you're basing it off character design, how can you say Diana's your favorite character?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Shipping
Here you go.

I was pissed at AT2, but I'll give STV a chance I guess.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 09:14   Link #55
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Thank you DragoonKain3. Mauru, I was talking about Rhapsody DS. I'm wondering if whoever published the game in the PAL region bothered to fix the glitches, though. It happens that PAL region releases have fixed bugs.
Old 2009-05-20, 10:54   Link #56
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Never played anything regarding these series. It looks pretty cool on images and trailers and with small number of games coming out on ps2 I'll probably get this.
Old 2009-05-20, 20:31   Link #57
Mauru

I know Diana because of videos and the like.
Old 2009-12-04, 14:33   Link #58
Mauru

Front Page Updated.
Old 2009-12-04, 15:17   Link #59
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Wow, thanks for the info there, Mauru. This game is officially on my radar now. I absolutely love SRPGs, but the whole "dating sim" component is a bit of a turn off for me. I can barely stand the amount of moe in anime these days, and I'll be damned if I have to tolerate that stuff in my videogames now as well. And the English VA narrator for the trailer grated on my nerves. Not only was the voice super annoying, but why does she have a southern accent if they're based in NY?

Anyway, the battle gameplay seems fun enough for me to look into this further and possibly give it a rent. I really dug Valkyria Chronicles, and they seem to be of the same pedigree.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 15:24   Link #60
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Wow, thanks for the info there, Mauru. This game is officially on my radar now. I absolutely love SRPGs, but the whole "dating sim" component is a bit of a turn off for me. I can barely stand the amount of moe in anime these days, and I'll be damned if I have to tolerate that stuff in my videogames now as well. And the English VA narrator for the trailer grated on my nerves. Not only was the voice super annoying, but why does she have a southern accent if they're based in NY?
Believe me the dating sim aspect of the game isn't as bad as you're probably thinking, in fact it's quite light,casual and at certain occasions quite funny, don't knock it until you try it.

As for the English VA( narrator for the trailer, she had a Southern accent cause the character speaking is from Texas....People from Texas can live in NY.

As for me, as someone whos a long time fan of the games since the original and someone who had a hand in making a few translation guides for two of the games in the series, I plan on buying the game when it hits the states, after all it'll only cost 30 or 40 bucks. As big of a fan I am even I wouldn't spent 60 bucks on a PS2 title.