AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-23, 00:19   Link #41
Fate21
Kiyu~

Weird teacher, but that makes more funny
Old 2010-02-22, 15:40   Link #42
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Hell an anime about guitars and music...why didnt I find this one earlier, they're one of my main interests!

Personally Sawako is my favourite character in the series, she pretends to be serious, mature etc but has a wild side that embarrasses her, and secretly loves rock/metal far more than the JPOP stuff they're producing right now and wished they did something a little more excessive, if it didnt give her game away.

Perfect character for me! (says the guy who has to be polite and wear shirt, shoes, tidy trousers etc for work, and then wears baggy trousers, band t-shirts etc outside work).
She's also only about 25 from the sounds of it, so again perfect character for me haha

Edit: Thinking back she also reminds me of a few girls I've met who are into similar veins of music. Because of associated stigma, most female rock/metal fans either seem to be completely open and embrace it, or on the other hand, completely hide it except when they're with friends.
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-02-22 at 16:32.
Old 2010-07-06, 01:45   Link #43
Micho

I agree! Or.. just.. maybe.. Rit.. su. Both!
Old 2010-07-28, 17:09   Link #44
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
Sawako, you may have been drawn out of the spotlight by that brat Azusa ( just kidding azusa I love you ;A; ), but you are still my favorite and you will be forever!!!!
statement holds true!
Old 2010-07-28, 17:46   Link #45
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

how old is she?
Old 2010-07-28, 17:55   Link #46
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Guessing from the wedding and the need to go to college to get teaching credentials...and that the's been teaching for at least three years (more because they didn't classify her as a new teacher)...at least 25 years old. Because of the reactions she gives to anything about her age and other things...closer to 30. If she was in her 30s going on 40 it would be more dramatic, but she's likley not that old give her classmate (or at least club member while she was in high school) was getting married and she didn't seem all that old.

But then of course there are things like "Key MILFs" done by Kyoto Animation that look really good in the mid-40s.
Old 2010-09-07, 15:20   Link #47
Maccette
VF-1X Original Test Pilot

I think she's 26, she mentions something about it being 8 years ago since the she was in the club, so if she graduated at 18, it would make sence she's 26.
Old 2010-09-08, 22:38   Link #48
Chocolate Pocky

Her boyfriend broke up with her just before Christmas...Just read it...I wonder why anyone would break up with such an awesome lady....
Old 2010-09-09, 09:07   Link #49
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Pocky View Post
Her boyfriend broke up with her just before Christmas...Just read it...I wonder why anyone would break up with such an awesome lady....
Quite possibly because she has a habit of taking things to ridiculous excess. She went from goth-chic loli to costumed hardcore death-metal monster just because a boy once found her too plain.
Old 2010-09-09, 09:48   Link #50
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Sawa-chan...if only we could explore more of her metal death band personality. =P
Old 2010-09-09, 16:42   Link #51
Chocolate Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Quite possibly because she has a habit of taking things to ridiculous excess. She went from goth-chic loli to costumed hardcore death-metal monster just because a boy once found her too plain.
But wouldn't that be kinda cute/entertaining to watch her do? I think it's a strange/cool thing.I'd like seeing someone do that. And I would think she would've calmed down from her high school years too. It doesn't seem like she's like that still now...
Old 2010-09-09, 17:19   Link #52
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
But wouldn't that be kinda cute/entertaining to watch her do? I think it's a strange/cool thing.I'd like seeing someone do that. And I would think she would've calmed down from her high school years too. It doesn't seem like she's like that still now...
She still is the same as she was back then, she just suppresses it. It's one of the reasons why she became a teacher and why she's highly involved with the Light Music Club. I think we've seen that quite clearly in episode 10 of season 2 and episode 5 of season 1. She may have settled down a bit, but all she needs is a push in the right direction to show her true colors.
Old 2010-09-09, 20:50   Link #53
Mute
エアコンを止めろ!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Mute
I always thought she was kind of annoying, but in a funny way.
Old 2010-09-09, 22:29   Link #54
Chocolate Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
She still is the same as she was back then, she just suppresses it. It's one of the reasons why she became a teacher and why she's highly involved with the Light Music Club. I think we've seen that quite clearly in episode 10 of season 2 and episode 5 of season 1. She may have settled down a bit, but all she needs is a push in the right direction to show her true colors.
Aaa~ That's quite true. But anyone can be like that, no? Like surpress true colors until pushed. I know I'm like that some times. But whether Sawa-chan sensei hides her true colors and such, she's still a cool person in general. I would love to have her as a teacher.
Old 2010-09-10, 01:24   Link #55
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Aaa~ That's quite true. But anyone can be like that, no? Like surpress true colors until pushed. I know I'm like that some times. But whether Sawa-chan sensei hides her true colors and such, she's still a cool person in general. I would love to have her as a teacher.
Can't argue with that. She'd still be a lot better than some of the teachers I've had in my high school life. Those people - quite literally - put me to sleep.
Old 2010-09-13, 02:41   Link #56
alucard13mm

i really like Sawako's band The Death Devils.. If i recall, Mio wanted their band to be as good as Death Devils..

at that point i thought theyd play cute songs.. then move onto more rock/peppy songs (like the openings).. and then finally go onto death metal like sawako. T_T doesnt seem they will..
Old 2010-09-16, 07:48   Link #57
krko
The Movie is Coming

One of the things that made like season 2 far more than the previous one was that it dropped the "Sawako-Cosplay Maniac" thing they had going in season 1. Those scenes were really the worst of the "Moe-whoring" season 1 did and almost made me drop the show.
Old 2010-09-16, 11:06   Link #58
keroro gunsou

Sawako in ep24 is the best teacher I have seen ever.
She waited out of musicroom during Azusa's song.
She didnt disturb her students play for only Azusa.
What a kind teacher she is!!!
Old 2010-09-16, 11:38   Link #59
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
One of the things that made like season 2 far more than the previous one was that it dropped the "Sawako-Cosplay Maniac" thing they had going in season 1. Those scenes were really the worst of the "Moe-whoring" season 1 did and almost made me drop the show.
I think that was just her way of bonding with the students, since she had nothing better to do. Once she got in charge of class 3-2, she didn't have time to mess around anymore. Of course, that didn't stop those previously involved in her antics to fear for their very lives.
Old 2010-09-16, 19:31   Link #60
PentaSalia

Send a message via AIM to PentaSalia
anyone listen to any of the songs she sang? not bad lol=p
Closed Thread

Tags
characters