AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-03-29, 05:32   Link #3681
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm willing to bet that the two of them won't be enough to save Kanon. They either need Diana in a more awakened state, or more likely a third goddess at the very least.

Anyway I was right on Tsukiyo. I'm still betting that the two remaining goddesses are in the three more likely candidates, it order:

1. Chihiro
2. Yui
3. Shiori
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 05:41   Link #3682
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm willing to bet that the two of them won't be enough to save Kanon. They either need Diana in a more awakened state, or more likely a third goddess at the very least.

Anyway I was right on Tsukiyo. I'm still betting that the two remaining goddesses are in the three more likely candidates, it order:

1. Chihiro
2. Yui
3. Shiori
Man, if they can't save her even if Diana becomes more awaken then its game over for Kanon. We'll get introduce to the plot device of "undeads".
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 05:48   Link #3683
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
If only the girls were more like Yui and just head straight into his pants. Things would be a lot more simple.
I think Yui would more likely be the one that goes on top and controls him instead of vice versa.

Don't go into that any further. You will corrupt Shiori's mind.

Quote:

1. Chihiro
2. Yui
3. Shiori
Kanon/Apollo only has one week before both of them die. They have to save her somehow.

Maybe they can get the knife out but can't revive her.

And I struck out that last option : it is supposed to be impossible if Yui is a goddess; it is either Yui OR Shiori. If the both of them are, Shiori will go from the most loved character to the most feared character in the entire series.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 05:53   Link #3684
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

She already is, it is too late.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway I just realized that I had always found Fiore to be androgynous; I almost can't really tell if she's a guy or a girl, though I assume everyone in the RSS is a girl.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 06:01   Link #3685
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The more I think about it the more moe Vulcan becomes. I mean the fact that she can't move and she uses dolls gives me a sick hospital girl feel. The kind that depends on a guy.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 06:02   Link #3686
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
She already is, it is too late.
You nucking futs or what? How would you like it if Shiori's goddess starts spouting every single yaoi literature from Seneca to John August in her FYI mode while smiling and blushing away? Shiori may not have read them before, but that memory sharing will defile her innocence!

She needs not pay attention to those works specifically, even if they are works of art!

Quote:
Aaaaaaaaaanyway I just realized that I had always found Fiore to be androgynous; I almost can't really tell if she's a guy or a girl, though I assume everyone in the RSS is a girl.
Fiore is a girl. She went into the same toilet as Kanon/Apollo. Plus she's cute; another waifu claime- *gets locked in a box and perforated with broadswords and scythes from all sides*

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
The more I think about it the more moe Vulcan becomes. I mean the fact that she can't move and she uses dolls gives me a sick hospital girl feel. The kind that depends on a guy.
Vulcan, in the mythology, is thrown into the sea by his own mother after it is found that he is ugly like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. He broke his legs from the HANO (High Altitude No Opening) and is thus lame when is rescued by one of the beings of the sea.

When he was asked to go back to the heavens, he gifted his mother a entrapped chair; when she sat on it the chair suddenly clamped her to it. I wonder if Tsukiyo/Vulcan will do the same to Keima. Also, after Venus is betrothed to him, he keeps such a close and possessive eye on her that any slight misdemeanour or misunderstanding will result in him hurling the thunderbolts and fireballs he made for the Olympians all over the place in a fit of violent anger.

If Diana, being the Goddess of Hunt will skin and pelt Keima for "betraying" her love, Vulcan will level Cafe Grandpa just to get to Keima - be careful what you wished for.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-03-29 at 07:22.
Old 2011-03-29, 06:23   Link #3687
AlaAlba

nice chapter! even better than the chapter when Tsukiyo kissed Keima

The wings can be resized!!! Tsukiyo with cerberus-like wings is damn cute! (cerberus from CC sakura)

but don't you guys think the gap between angry Vulcan and the normal Vulcan is so huge!?
one of the reason must be because she's speaking with her eyes closed XD
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 06:39   Link #3688
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Another thing I realised is that Diana and Hakua have become rather buddy when it comes to dealing with Keima.

Tsunderes of the same type stay together?

Old 2011-03-29, 08:33   Link #3689
Eight_wonder
Cirno <3

Speaking of just a useless moe character,where the hell is Elsie?
Ah she's busy being a substitute of Kanon.
Old 2011-03-29, 09:28   Link #3690
MartianMage

did not do it for tenri did not do it for tenri did not do it for tenri did not do it for tenri...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 09:42   Link #3691
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The chapter ended short again. But the dynamic around Keima became great with Diana basically being tamed by her onee-sama on Keima. Before this, Diana was the most aggressive candidate

A bit disappointed with the lack of heart-warming union, as it seems Diana holds a great respect over her onee-sama, (rather than being close like her and Apolo).

At least Vulcan didn't fall for Keima the same way Diana did
Old 2011-03-29, 10:59   Link #3692
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ah the jealousy. Kind of ironic that a goddess can sin. =P
Please... She's a Roman goddess. Like the Greek goddesses, they sin all the time...

Besides, nowadays, jealousy isn't even considered a sin anymore. Entire political movements are based around it...
Old 2011-03-29, 11:26   Link #3693
ChronoReverse

Besides, Envy isn't even the same thing as Jealousy.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 12:00   Link #3694
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Please... She's a Roman goddess. Like the Greek goddesses, they sin all the time...

Besides, nowadays, jealousy isn't even considered a sin anymore. Entire political movements are based around it...
Not all of them, chastity was one of the defining traits of Diana, ... and Minerva was also celebrated for her virginity.
Old 2011-03-29, 12:19   Link #3695
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Not all of them, chastity was one of the defining traits of Diana, ... and Minerva was also celebrated for her virginity.
All the Roman/Greek gods were real jerks even the ones that don't sleep around. At least that's the impression from Iliad I'm currently reading.
Old 2011-03-29, 12:42   Link #3696
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
True. My bad. Shouldn't mesh together theologies.

But the real Roman gods/goddesses aren't depicted as having wings and halos like angels out of Christianity either. =T

Quote:
Well now that I've checked, you are correct, but based on the definitions I'd say Diana is feeling something more like envy towards Vulcan right now, rather than jealousy.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-03-29 at 13:06.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 16:40   Link #3697
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Close enough. Envy is when one has a negative feeling directed at a person due to a perceived disadvantaged position. Jealousy is when that "disadvantage" is in romantic relations.

Diana is jealous of Tsukiyo/Vulcanus for the attention Keima has clearly shown her. Hakua is envious of Nora for her cup size.
Old 2011-03-29, 17:40   Link #3698
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Close enough. Envy is when one has a negative feeling directed at a person due to a perceived disadvantaged position.
True but I still feel it's something that should be made distinct.

Envy includes negative feelings but it's defined by the want of something that your neighbor has; the so-called deadly sin of envy includes coveting.

Jealousy is relational and occurs when attention is given to another. It almost always includes envy of the attention but it can occur outside of envy if the jealous one simply feels too much attention is being given in a non-comparative manner (as an example. So jealousy is often coincidental with envy but it isn't necessary that there's envy for there to be jealousy.

I feel that Diana is envious of Vulcan's regained powers while Haqua (and Tenri too if she admitted it) would be jealous that Keima gave "special love" to Tsukiyo.
Old 2011-03-29, 18:02   Link #3699
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
I feel that Diana is envious of Vulcan's regained powers while Haqua (and Tenri too if she admitted it) would be jealous that Keima gave "special love" to Tsukiyo.
So you mean that Yui's goddess will get wings, halo and more power than Vulcan because of her explicit love for Keima?

Old 2011-03-29, 20:16   Link #3700
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So you mean that Yui's goddess will get wings, halo and more power than Vulcan because of her explicit love for Keima?
I'm surprised that it hasn't happened already if Yui really has the Goddess...

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen