AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-13, 13:41   Link #661
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Nobody knows what Kawamoris plans are after the second movie, so I think it is premature to already make declarations that this will be the end for Frontier anime. It may well be that we'll get some OVA's to give Frontier TV a proper conclusion, given that the movie is obviously veering into a totally dfferent continuity.
I know Tv series and movie are different, but a OVA to "properly" end the Tv series seems like redundant to me...I think the Tv ending is fine and I can treat/accept the movie ending as the "truth ending" from Kawamori..(come on, it's been more than 3 years and Kawamori can put any messages he wants in the movie XD)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-02-13, 14:16   Link #662
moncikoma

At least I want sheryl to sing northern cross again, as her last song before she's KIA or MIA.
But sayonara no tsubasa is the tittle, so it should be the last song before ending...
Just like DYRL

@magnus there will be an OVA I am sure, ... 4 Posibilities :

1. Nyanclip vol 2 (50%)
2. Macross ride (20%
3. Sheryl, kiss in the galaxy based on the shoujo manga (15%)
3. sheryl x ranka fan service (10%)
4. macross frontier flashback 2065 (5%)

Last edited by moncikoma; 2011-02-13 at 14:33.
Old 2011-02-13, 18:13   Link #663
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I know Tv series and movie are different, but a OVA to "properly" end the Tv series seems like redundant to me...I think the Tv ending is fine and I can treat/accept the movie ending as the "truth ending" from Kawamori..(come on, it's been more than 3 years and Kawamori can put any messages he wants in the movie XD)
You do know that the second movie will apparently have a completely different storyline than the later part of the TV series, right?
Old 2011-02-13, 20:01   Link #664
justavisitor

yeah, of course I know...but like I said, it's been about 3 years since the TV series ended, Kawamori should have enough time to think and understand what he really wants.

Sure, the movie will be vastly different and some will say movie can't compare to the Tv series since the movie only has around 4 hours to tell the whole story (including part 1 +2), but I would say Kawamori will have more than enough time to design his own "ideal" ending for the movie. He and his staff have around 3 years to think about where Alto, Ranka, and Sheryl should go

it's kind of like DYRL I guess...Kawamori has time and resource to make an epic ending and many fans will accept the ending despite realizing the difference between TV series and the movie (if the movie is good enough)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-02-13, 20:07   Link #665
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Dropping little hints here and there to get everybody nervous... It's getting exciting!

I wonder if the build up is really warranted. I hope it is. So, I'm going to keep an open mind about this and see what happens. Of course I'll still support Sheryl .
Old 2011-02-14, 03:40   Link #666
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
yeah, of course I know...but like I said, it's been about 3 years since the TV series ended, Kawamori should have enough time to think and understand what he really wants.

Sure, the movie will be vastly different and some will say movie can't compare to the Tv series since the movie only has around 4 hours to tell the whole story (including part 1 +2), but I would say Kawamori will have more than enough time to design his own "ideal" ending for the movie. He and his staff have around 3 years to think about where Alto, Ranka, and Sheryl should go

it's kind of like DYRL I guess...Kawamori has time and resource to make an epic ending and many fans will accept the ending despite realizing the difference between TV series and the movie (if the movie is good enough)
Well, what I was trying to say is that the two continuities are not the same anymore. With the first movie people could at least see that the two stories were pretty similar, so it was possible to tell oneself that those two continuities were reconcilable. I didn't share that sentiment, but I understood it.

But from what we've seen so far, the story of the movie will veer into a completely different direction, so to my eyes it will be impossible to say "the two versions can be interchanged".

As such, I see the ending of the TV series as still pending completion and hope that OVA's will come out to do so.
Old 2011-02-14, 09:48   Link #667
KaoruLia

I'm one of those people who don't see the need to make an OVA for the TV series... in my opinion, I think the TV series has completed its purpose. Yeah it was a half-assed ending, but it fits completely with the 'life goes on~ triangular' theme they were trying to portray.

However, I will still view the movie as a separate entity -- whoever who ends up with Alto is canon in the movie version only, it'll never interfere with my opinion of the TV series.
Old 2011-02-14, 09:53   Link #668
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

that marriage scene on the trailer is just a troll imo, the love triangle between alto, sheryl, ranka will stay thats my prediction for this 2nd movie
Old 2011-02-14, 12:45   Link #669
moncikoma

Why dammit ! Trailer! We need more trailer!!

I hope when the movie is playing, there will be a new trailer (now on cinemas, etc)

I hope the 2nd movie is sucess! And make a song boom again just like in the tv series
-sheryl on top in many pools
-may'n lead the orichart again
-new album outsells the tv series album
-and there will be an ova announcement or final budokan concert again after credits
-new sheryl PVC from alter (uniform soldier)
Old 2011-02-14, 17:37   Link #670
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post

I hope when the movie is playing, there will be a new trailer (now on cinemas, etc)

I hope the 2nd movie is sucess! And make a song boom again just like in the tv series
-and there will be an ova announcement or final budokan concert again after credits
May'n has a new CD coming out in a couple weeks, plus pre-orders opening for her BIG*WAAAAVE!! tour photo book opening in April, I think? Hopefully the movie gives her a nice boost.
And nothing yet on on the Animax website, but I hope she returns for spring 2011! <3

|facebook.twitter|
Old 2011-02-15, 00:08   Link #671
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
^Hmm...they actually seem intent on really resolving the triangle. (This interview has a more serious feel than a lot prior to it). Well, we shall see, all in good time..
Well the TV series never did resolve the triangle and it would seem redundant if the movie, which is a different version, to do the same as well.
Old 2011-02-15, 04:32   Link #672
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:

yes, yes, yes, yes, and YESSSSSSSSSSSS.
Old 2011-02-15, 04:52   Link #673
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Thumbs up

Quote:
why dammit ! Trailer! We need more trailer!!

i hope the 2nd movie is sucess! And make a song boom again just like in the tv series
-new sheryl pvc from alter (uniform soldier)
macross forever!

Old 2011-02-15, 07:20   Link #674
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Sheryl Forever!

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-02-15, 08:39   Link #675
moncikoma

kawamori forever! LOL

truth is...as long it is macross..i will love it..no matter who create it..
it only needs [romance,mecha,music] and off course must have sheryl!
Old 2011-02-15, 09:27   Link #676
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Sheryl Forever!

Yes to this. Amen.
Old 2011-02-15, 10:33   Link #677
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplataform View Post
Because this was the finale, we had to resolve it one way or the other. Only, if the audience can't accept that ending, at least I hope that they'll like the process of it! Although Alto has a subtle relationship with Sheryl..
Instead of rewatching the tav series, you should all watch Macross Zero prior to the finale if you want to get into the mood. Actually, Macross Zero and Macross Frontier have a pretty deep relationship and connection.
Interesting, wonder what that means. I've rewatched Zero, there are some details but I wonder how this would be used in the movie. I can't see Sara and Shin come back, that would be to confusing for new fans. The ecology and human unification themes of Zero don't seem to be overly present in Frontier either.

If the only connection is that the finales are similar, that would be a bit lame. Suppose either Sheryl or Ranka would merge with the Vaijra Queen then chose a shot-down/mortally wounded Alto as consort and fly off? I just don't see that happen.

Anyway, after rewatching Zero one thing does stand out: Blood is a recurring plot device in both Frontier and Zero.

I'd forgotten that Mao had a blood-transfusion with the AFOS/Bird Human. If the Protuculture based it on the Vaijra it's possible that the V-type infection (or the cure) is already present in the Nome bloodline?

Just speculating here but I wonder if there is a connection between Dr. Hasford/Anti-UN faction and Grace Conners groups on Macross Galaxy. Both factions are obsessed with the Nome bloodline which is possibly the only surviving branch of the Mayan islanders (whose ancestors were genetically altered 10,000 years ago by the second visit of the Protoculture.) Both factions also have access to more advanced technology then the UN. In Zero it is claimed the UN stole the variable fighter technology from the Anti-UN. Not to mention the SV-51 and the VF-27 look remarkably similar. In any case, I think it would be interesting plot twist if there is a Anti-UN faction manipulating events in the background since the very beginning of Macross.
Old 2011-02-15, 11:37   Link #678
moncikoma

it would be interesting to see sara and sin back...as a friend or a foe...in sayonara tsubasa..
maybe .. just maybe they are the new chara, which being mention before

"Even though there are new characters, they didn't play any major role. The Island that didn't appear in the TV series and first movie also made an appearance in the finale. "

anyway.,.

"- The ending scene will only contain Alto, Sheryl and Ranka "

it looks like...the ending is going to be...
Old 2011-02-15, 11:51   Link #679
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Just speculating here but I wonder if there is a connection between Dr. Hasford/Anti-UN faction and Grace Conners groups on Macross Galaxy. Both factions are obsessed with the Nome bloodline which is possibly the only surviving branch of the Mayan islanders (whose ancestors were genetically altered 10,000 years ago by the second visit of the Protoculture.) Both factions also have access to more advanced technology then the UN. In Zero it is claimed the UN stole the variable fighter technology from the Anti-UN. Not to mention the SV-51 and the VF-27 look remarkably similar. In any case, I think it would be interesting plot twist if there is a Anti-UN faction manipulating events in the background since the very beginning of Macross.
Regarding the VF-27, both the VF-25 and the VF-27 were descendants of the prototype YF-24, but the VF-27 could be further trace its lineage to the YF-21/VF-22, which was developed by General Galaxy.

Although the Anti-UN forces claimed that the UNS stole their variable-fighter technology, it should be noted that it was the Anti-UN forces who stole information regarding OverTechnology from the UNS, which in turn enabled the Anti-UN forces to deploy variable fighters only slightly earlier before the VF-0.

As for Anti-UN being involved, at this point I think its pretty much pointless, for we were never told the long-term goals of the Anti-UN forces and can only guess that they wanted to unite Earth under their own terms. Now that humanity has been revamped many times over, including no less than several incidents of near-extinction, I'd think any remanent of the Anti-UN forces would have died out by that point. Not that they might not come back, but I can only wonder what they would come back to?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-02-15, 12:52   Link #680
Xardie
Persona

I'm a bit confused who says what in this interview...I'd think Kawamori is the one ment with producer - or supervisor - buut...

Sounds like Ranka is going to lose. Well, I don't really care about the triangle as long as it gets resolved... and why does everyone fear Sheryl is going to leave with Vajra or something? If someone is going to be but on galactic bus it's the little queen, Ranka

At least Michel is pretty certainly going to survive!

Lol'd so hard at all the shippers analyzing the wedding dresses frantically just to find out poster girl is supposed to be neither, hah!

as for this being final Frontier anime, it seems very likely. May'n's pretty recent blog post had a heavy "goodbye Sheryl" tone to it.

Last edited by Xardie; 2011-02-15 at 13:04.
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song