AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-24, 03:30   Link #241
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yep. The "Space Whale arc" is in the OVAs that took place after the series' event.
They even have poachers. They don't look how I imagined them.
Old 2014-09-24, 03:31   Link #242
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You know what's the greatest mistake made by Sunrise works team?

Skin-branding with a symbol of norma wouldn't even produce one third of the outrage and would be much more effective message to deliver that yes, they're disposable pariahs. Both to other characters, as well as audience.

The mark will be there, forever, at least until they use uber medical tech for scar removal. It might be there until the end of series and beyond. Hell, it could serve as fanservice on it's own.

But no, it has to be literal stick into the anus to the point of internal bleeding.
Old 2014-09-24, 03:36   Link #243
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You know what's the greatest mistake made by Sunrise works team?

Skin-branding with a symbol of norma wouldn't even produce one third of the outrage and would be much more effective message to deliver that yes, they're disposable pariahs. Both to other characters, as well as audience.

The mark will be there, forever, at least until they use uber medical tech for scar removal. It might be there until the end of series and beyond, serving as reminder for the audience. Hell, it could serve as fanservice on it's own.

But no, it has to be literal stick into the anus to the point of internal bleeding.
Same effect, it just feels like they wanted to go for shock value. It's Valvrave episode 10 all over again. It's not the Rave-Train anymore, but now the Ange-Express.
Old 2014-09-24, 03:43   Link #244
Esclair

Seems like they basically took the most controversial and 'popular' parts of VVV and built a show around it.
Old 2014-09-24, 03:43   Link #245
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
They even have poachers. They don't look how I imagined them.
Yeah, they are majestic, but also look a little bit simple and creepy at the same time. IIRC they also have the ability to travel between space/time/dimension whatever. Maybe, long ago, one got separated from the pack and ended up as the fossil we saw SEED universe?
Old 2014-09-24, 03:43   Link #246
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You know, there's a tiny hope that it actually the cable-thing being installed, or at least the port.

Tiny hope, mind. But if that's the case, I might give it a second chance.
Old 2014-09-24, 03:50   Link #247
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Seems like they basically took the most controversial and 'popular' parts of VVV and built a show around it.
If only Build Fighters took this route as well. Jk. Jk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, they are majestic, but also look a little bit simple and creepy at the same time. IIRC they also have the ability to travel between space/time/dimension whatever. Maybe, long ago, one got separated from the pack and ended up as the fossil we saw SEED universe?
Maybe they were reincarnated into bit characters from Aquarion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You know, there's a tiny hope that it actually the cable-thing being installed, or at least the port.

Tiny hope, mind. But if that's the case, I might give it a second chance.
Still optimistic. After all it's only the first one and a half episodes. It could turn it around. All aboard the Ange-Express. Woo-Woo!
Old 2014-09-24, 04:13   Link #248
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Oh well, let's hope that there's no flashback!
When I watch a serious anime as Cross Ange would turn out to be, I just can't expect any necessary explanation without flashbacks being there to sprinkle it. It doesn't matter how bad it'll be executed, it is necessary to add backstory elements that more or less play a role to the story and its subplot devices, or at least that's what I'm thinking.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-09-24, 06:03   Link #249
tsunade666

well after reading the preview. It just solidifies my belief this is fan service crap and pervs will flock this story for the sake of PLOT and people questions me why I don't watch that much anime anymore. There are just too few worth watching now a days. Most are harem fan service crap.

Based on Reviews

You know if they wanted to make it serious and turn a bit darker. They won't make an idea where branding a lesser being by putting a brand on their arse and anal raping them as the same time. They could go with brain implant that the government can remote detonate to make their brains explode or artificial tooth but no. They go for fan service crap.
Old 2014-09-24, 06:47   Link #250
n0m@n
C-Z

If this was a Gundam series, then all of the girls would die by the end since its a jinx for the troops made up of female piots to meet their doom.
I hope this series makes you go "wtf" at the end of every episode like CG. Even if it happens to be a blood bath.
Old 2014-09-24, 07:18   Link #251
bastek66

First comment under that "review" explains that it wasn't anal invasion but spinal cord... invasion.
Anyway, I will enjoy reading assblasted landwhales and SJWs comments. Thank Heavens, Japan doesn't give a shit.
Old 2014-09-24, 07:25   Link #252
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!!! Rape scene my ass! There WAS no rape scene!

mewpudding101(from ANN) has no freaking clue what he/she was talking about!

You see that tail like thing all the girls have? The one that connects to the mecha? That's not natural. It's an implant AT THE BASE OF THE SPINE! We got trolled hard by someone who either wasn't paying attention, or just saw what he/she wanted to see.

Again: THERE WAS NO ANAL RAPE! It as the procedure to implant the interface to control the mecha!
Old 2014-09-24, 07:26   Link #253
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
First comment under that "review" explains that it wasn't anal invasion but spinal cord... invasion.
Anyway, I will enjoy reading assblasted landwhales and SJWs comments. Thank Heavens, Japan doesn't give a shit.
Then someone really screwed up the storyboarding as multiple people thought it was some form of sexual assault.

It's not just that writer that came to that conclusion. A number of people at that event came away with that impression.
Old 2014-09-24, 07:30   Link #254
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Then someone really screwed up the storyboarding as multiple people thought it was some form of sexual assault.

It's not just that writer that came to that conclusion. A number of people at that event came away with that impression.
Don't you remember rape in Valvrave? It's to gather attention.
Old 2014-09-24, 07:30   Link #255
n0m@n
C-Z

Lol. I checked the preview link from the previous page.
Okay. Looks like it wont be a proper mecha anime like i imagined. Fanservice for mecha huh... I like fanservice but fanservice in mecha series puts me off.
I guess I'll switch to Fafnir.
Old 2014-09-24, 07:43   Link #256
Ryuga

I'm just gonna wait until the ep comes out and see what actually happens, but the blogger was at the event and the commenter never said if he/she was at the event, so......

At the moment, I feel this show is gonna end up being squandered potential. The action has to really make up for it, I'm talking it needs to be Karas-level, or at the very least, Majestic Prince-level.
Old 2014-09-24, 07:48   Link #257
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!!! Rape scene my ass! There WAS no rape scene!

mewpudding101(from ANN) has no freaking clue what he/she was talking about!

You see that tail like thing all the girls have? The one that connects to the mecha? That's not natural. It's an implant AT THE BASE OF THE SPINE! We got trolled hard by someone who either wasn't paying attention, or just saw what he/she wanted to see.

Again: THERE WAS NO ANAL RAPE! It as the procedure to implant the interface to control the mecha!
Dude, Sky girls has those cable without much of the hassle, calm the freaking down.

And the fact that Ange WAS tied during the procedure didn't help, since it doesn't look like proper surgical room and equipment are involved at all. Mistaking it for anal violation is downright acceptable.

Look, I will give Sunrise benefit of the doubt myself, but we'll see in October whether it's true or not.
Old 2014-09-24, 08:21   Link #258
DmonHiro

No, I'm actually upset at myself for believing stuff without looking into it.
Old 2014-09-24, 08:26   Link #259
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
And the fact that Ange WAS tied during the procedure didn't help, since it doesn't look like proper surgical room and equipment are involved at all. Mistaking it for anal violation is downright acceptable.
I think that's sort of the point of the scene, though? Anal rape or tail install procedure, it's made to show that the stuff that's going to go down there (the place she's at) isn't easy and whoever's doing it isn't particularly worried about Ange's well being.

It's for shock, yes, but that doesn't mean it won't serve a purpose somewhere along the road. Of course, I'm also fairly certain it's more fanservice-y than it "needed" to be, but after all these years of watching japanese cartoons and seeing who the main audience for this show will be, it doesn't come off as a surprise.

But hey, what do I know. I also thought the Valvrave rape scene was interesting in its own right. What disappointed me is that the show woefully failed to actually use the consequences of it in any sort of interesting way, seeing as the dynamics between the characters involved could've been much better explored/developed afterwards.

That said, I'm in for Nana and Shikata, but my expectations are more on the "hilarious trainwreck" side of things than "legit good show". If it's going to be bad, then I hope they at least aim for excellence and try to get to Kannazuki no Miko levels of silliness.
Old 2014-09-24, 08:59   Link #260
DmonHiro

I honestly don't think anyone is expecting this to NOT be a trainwreck.
Closed Thread