AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your sexuality?
Straight 92 75.41%
Gay or Lesbian 6 4.92%
Bi-sexual 11 9.02%
a-sexual (neither) 13 10.66%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-09, 17:07   Link #61
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

lol im not sure what aishabaka meant by other either but hey ^___^
Old 2003-11-09, 17:11   Link #62
uglypigs

i can think of a couple of "others" but i would be banned in a heartbeat if i ever mentioned one of them.
Old 2003-11-09, 17:16   Link #63
dot_rain
yay yay ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
lol. Im gay but im too shy to get a boyfriend, hopefully i get one soon coz im young and want some love!^___^
hountone ? ok lets make a new box for gay only ^o^ , there are enough gay members for that in Animesuki Forum hehe
just kidding ^^
Edited : I think it should be hountoni or hontoni , isn't it ?

Last edited by dot_rain; 2003-11-09 at 17:30.
Old 2003-11-09, 17:17   Link #64
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I think its safe to say that I am straight
Old 2003-11-09, 17:23   Link #65
gravitation

dot_rain wats hountone mean? ^__^
Old 2003-11-09, 17:33   Link #66
hinata-chan
busy otaku

Send a message via AIM to hinata-chan
I grew up just minutes away from the Castro, so I was exposed to homosexuality almost on a daily basis. My grandmother’s neighbors were a gay couple (they adopted two adorable girls), and I used to go over to their house all the time to bake cookies and play around the house. My parents weren’t homophobic, but I knew that they didn’t want any of their kids to turn out “that” way. It was okay as long as other people were happy with that type of lifestyle, but it was a big no-no for us. I remember in high school going through that stage where I didn’t know whether I was straight or gay or even bisexual, and I was attracted to both sexes at one point. However, at the time I was also trying to find my identity. Now that I’m in college and have gone through my doubts and such, I know for sure that I’m straight.

Gravitation – I’m really surprised that you’ve already figured out your sexual orientation, but that’s really good that you’ve accepted it. How are your parents’ take on it? I’m only asking because I know from my experience that my parents would’ve been really sad if I chose to live my life with another woman. I hate to say it, but they’re glad I turned out “normal.”
Old 2003-11-09, 17:34   Link #67
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
lol im not sure what aishabaka meant by other either but hey ^___^
I would post a link, but I would probably get banned :/
Hint: Futaba BBS + 2 = ? and then ttp://img.????.net/l/

(it was only a suggestion... )
Old 2003-11-09, 17:46   Link #68
gravitation

Quote:
would post a link, but I would probably get banned :/
Hint: Futaba BBS + 2 = ? and then ttp://img.????.net/l/
hmmmmm lol i cant figure that out anyone else help me out...PM me aishabaka lol ^_^
Quote:
How are your parents’ take on it?
well my parents dont know about it yet, i have thought about telling them but i just find it soo hard to do it especially since my mum says alot "aww your so handsom, you will have all the ladies after ya when your older"...i most probably will tell them when im older but at the moment im okey just having my friends know ^_^ i think my parents would be okey with me being gay but i just cant bring myself to tell them ^___^
Old 2003-11-09, 18:05   Link #69
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
Well, I guess I'm straight, but I voted Bi as I'm rather gay curious at the moment
Old 2003-11-09, 18:08   Link #70
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

I guess you guys want to know my sexuality?

well I'm....

I'm...

I'm too sexy for my shirt

too sexy for my shirt

So sexy it hurts

And I'm too sexy for Milan too sexy for Milan

New York and Japan

well, i guess you guys already knew that
Old 2003-11-09, 18:12   Link #71
uglypigs

are you dancing? do you want some dollars?
Old 2003-11-09, 19:27   Link #72
[Guyverrr]
Nani nani nani !?!?!

Wellll lets see....

I have to calculate this one

1. [Guyverrr] = Male
2. [Guyverrr] loves GIRLS, many GIRLS!!!
3. Male + love for girls = HETERO

So.. like erhhmm i'm hetero Everobody happy?
Old 2003-11-09, 20:13   Link #73
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

Quote:

Quote:
How are your parents’ take on it?
well my parents dont know about it yet, i have thought about telling them but i just find it soo hard to do it especially since my mum says alot "aww your so handsom, you will have all the ladies after ya when your older"...i most probably will tell them when im older but at the moment im okey just having my friends know ^_^ i think my parents would be okey with me being gay but i just cant bring myself to tell them ^___^
Hmm...well, I guess it really depends on the parents and their feelings about the subject to determine when the best time to tell them is. If they are extremely homophobic for instance, might want to wait until you are ~18 or around the time when you are moving out anyway . However, if they dont seem to dislike homosexuality then you might not have any worries. Try bringing up the general topic using some sort of medium (such as TV/News)..and find out their viewpoints.

In my case, it wasn't very difficult..as my mother's brother (my uncle), is 100% gay so she really didn't seem to mind. However, since she knows I'm completely bi I sometimes suspect that she tries to push women on me at times to try to tip the balance...or something...
Old 2003-11-09, 20:23   Link #74
gravitation

my parents would be okey with it coz theyre not homophobic but its just lol im not sure...its real difficult. I think i will wait till im 18 lol. I think they might suspect that im gay a teeny bit coz of small things...like i guess im kinda more feminine ermm o yeah i have hated football since i was young lol cant think of anymore at the mo ^__^. I know that my parents are okey with gay ppl but occasinally i do hear the odd joke or two but hey tis okeys . Im not to bothered about my parents knowing yet i just want to experience things...like get a bf and stuff ^____^
lol soz if this post is a little weird coz i was doing other stuff while writing it sumimasen ^_______^
Old 2003-11-09, 20:57   Link #75
Chrono Shark
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via ICQ to Chrono Shark
well...

i think im straight, but then i get doin things uncocsiously(missplelled) and i stop and think... "this is pretty gay..." so i am a not sure yet...

gravitation, ur not the only one who always hated sports and those things normal for a guy

recap: not sure(got some serious thinking to do...)

*EDIT*
if i am gay, i could never tell my dad, he's already medicated
Old 2003-11-09, 21:05   Link #76
gravitation

Quote:
gravitation, ur not the only one who always hated sports and those things normal for a guy
oo rite lol kool kool. So you think there is a possibility that you are bi or gay? oo yea lol what did ya vote on the poll?
Old 2003-11-09, 21:10   Link #77
Chrono Shark
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via ICQ to Chrono Shark
i voted stright for now...
Old 2003-11-09, 21:15   Link #78
gravitation

oo rite kool kool ^____^
Old 2003-11-09, 21:50   Link #79
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

You could always not tell them ever. ^^ My mother is rather religious and might permanently lose her peace of mind if I rubbed being bi in her face by bringing a boyfriend by or something. If I had met someone of the same sex I wanted to be intimate with before college/moving out I might have gone ahead and let the parents know, though.
Old 2003-11-09, 21:55   Link #80
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

hay gravi, heres an easy way to tell your parents: just bring a guy home and tell them he's your prom date

anyways, is gay culture as accepted in london, more so than it is in say, california?

anywho, just do as much fruity stuff as you can around your parents (like play nothing but barbra streisand records and post nothing but cher posters in your wall and start talking with a lisp ) , so it wont hit them like a ton of bricks when you tell them. just a suggestion

and only 3 gay people? and i think those 20 or so bi and a-sexual people are just confused about thier sexuality right now.

oh, and im straight, sorry to break anyones heart
Closed Thread