AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-08, 17:52   Link #16401
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
It had action yes. But I wish it was like volumes 13-22 level of action.
Of course... Thats a nice long range to compare 3 books over with.

Besides, I'm going to chalk this down to 'Old Man Syndrome', things are always remembered better than they actually were.
Old 2012-02-08, 17:53   Link #16402
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Personally I only disliked NT3, I liked 1 and 2. Hopefully that was a one time thing.
Old 2012-02-08, 17:57   Link #16403
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Of course... Thats a nice long range to compare 3 books over with.

Besides, I'm going to chalk this down to 'Old Man Syndrome', things are always remembered better than they actually were.
Actually individually they all had to me better action than NT1 and NT2. I haven't fully read NT3.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:01   Link #16404
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Personally I only disliked NT3, I liked 1 and 2. Hopefully that was a one time thing.
Let me guess, you don't like the ending?

Quote:
Actually individually they all had to me better action than NT1 and NT2. I haven't fully read NT3.
That's because we writers have something call 'build-up'. Individually their action is no better or worse, but they have all this plotlines leading up to it which adds on to the experience.

New Testament has to start with a new plotline.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:10   Link #16405
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

That's because we writers have something call 'build-up'. Individually their action is no better or worse, but they have all this plotlines leading up to it which adds on to the experience.

New Testament has to start with a new plotline.
Indeed this is true. Though volume 15 itself is an example of what i'd expect.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:15   Link #16406
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Indeed this is true. Though volume 15 itself is an example of what i'd expect.
...I don't see a difference. If anything NT1 is about the same and NT3 acts on a larger scale than Volume 15.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:19   Link #16407
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
...I don't see a difference. If anything NT1 is about the same and NT3 acts on a larger scale than Volume 15.
I mean V.15 did good as an individual novel with its violence.
Old 2012-02-08, 20:07   Link #16408
ellifeedn
Thinker

You know, this reminds me of a question I wanted to ask. What is it about this series that you guys like? Were you drawn in by the story? Was it the action and violence? The characters? How the characters interact? The different powers and how they are used? Or perhaps it's a combination of everything that produced a series you enjoyed.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:10   Link #16409
Miraluka
Banned

I thinks is the combination of those elementes and the dynamic change of characters makes it move for better.

But IMO its the story that drags characters like Touma and co into situations that nobody expected. And NT3 events on Hawaii were expected maybe thats why some people like me didn't enjoy this volume that much.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:20   Link #16410
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Not all of the ending. I liked the twist about GREMLIN not being made up of survivors of the war. I didn't like how it ignored Accelerator and Hamazura in favor of Birdway (who I think is a marry sue). My real issue is that it just rushed through a bunch of character interactions I've been looking forward to for a long time, namely Misaka meeting Accelerator. That should of been a large issue the whole novel, with her angry at him and not trusting him. Instead we got like 6 lines of dialouge.

Quote:
You know, this reminds me of a question I wanted to ask. What is it about this series that you guys like? Were you drawn in by the story? Was it the action and violence? The characters? How the characters interact? The different powers and how they are used? Or perhaps it's a combination of everything that produced a series you enjoyed.
I really like the characters (particularly Touma and Accelerator), the magic systems, the story (most of the time), really just everything.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:30   Link #16411
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
My real issue is that it just rushed through a bunch of character interactions I've been looking forward to for a long time, namely Misaka meeting Accelerator. That should of been a large issue the whole novel, with her angry at him and not trusting him. Instead we got like 6 lines of dialouge.

It would reflect poorly on Misaka if she throws a fit while they're in the middle of a battleground with an entire country at stake.
Old 2012-02-08, 22:15   Link #16412
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
It would reflect poorly on Misaka if she throws a fit while they're in the middle of a battleground with an entire country at stake.
I think she did know beforehand she had to work with Accelerator before taking different planes. Also, it wouldn't be the first time she gets carried away by personal reasons, remind WW3 and previous events its just part of her character.
Old 2012-02-08, 22:24   Link #16413
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I think she did know beforehand she had to work with Accelerator before taking different planes. Also, it wouldn't be the first time she gets carried away by personal reasons, remind WW3 and previous events its just part of her character.
It's not the same thing, her actions in previous events doesn't intentionally jeopardizes the greater good.

If she had refused to work with Accelerator, that would put her in a bad light.
Old 2012-02-08, 22:58   Link #16414
Phibrizzo
Honos628

For me, the world building is excellent.

Now for what I see I_am_kami like more violence and not so much plot, he likes fights but the point of those stories is basically that, here it isn't like that you are entily to change your taste I do admit I was slowly reading this because honestly I was busy with a lot of things at the end I was like OMG.

I am used to slayers that put a awsome plot under lots of comedy and humor, but when it turns to the worse is... ouch.
Old 2012-02-08, 23:42   Link #16415
djmaca
My Girl ↓

"Tournament, tournament, coming up next...."

The next book is in March right?
Old 2012-02-08, 23:44   Link #16416
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
"Tournament, tournament, coming up next...."

The next book is in March right?
March 10th yes.
Old 2012-02-08, 23:57   Link #16417
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"Tournament" is putting the entire plot of NT4 into a speculative one word that might not describe the plot well.
"Tournament" might actually just be a normal fight against the forces of Science and Magic, but this time, it's televised in national television for everyone to see. It is possible that Olay Blueshake's media network — the same network that was used to record the events in the battle of the protags + Birdway against Cendrillion — will be used again, but this time in Europe.

By the way, the title of Kamachi's newest light novel is The Circumstances of Waltraute's Courtship. Waltraute is a Valkyrie and is Brunhilde's Valkyrie sister.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-02-09, 00:08   Link #16418
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
By the way, the title of Kamachi's newest light novel is The Circumstances of Waltraute's Courtship. Waltraute is a Valkyrie and is Brunhilde's Valkyrie sister.
A different Brunhilde I assume? Cause I can't see any connections.

one more thing, is this a oneshot?
Old 2012-02-09, 00:08   Link #16419
judasmartel
*Author

Hmhm. Seems to be a Tekken style tournament rather than a Mortal Kombat style one.
Old 2012-02-09, 00:10   Link #16420
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Hmhm. Seems to be a Tekken style tournament rather than a Mortal Kombat style one.
Base on what ? We only got a synopsis to go on
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen