AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-25, 05:03   Link #61
Thingle
Banned

Not even for kokoro? Not a happy puberty for everyone?
Old 2007-08-25, 13:33   Link #62
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post
Not even for kokoro? Not a happy puberty for everyone?
If that happens we'll happen to make "Character discussion - Kokoro" haha

I also doubt Koto-chan will have a happy ending. Unless of course she goes psycho mode and kills everyone in the world except herself and Makoto. But I don't want to see another evangelion ending. The ending of course wouldn't be too happy, but on the other hand, it may be happy for Koto-chan
Old 2007-08-26, 05:12   Link #63
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

well, we'll just have to see how Kotonoha will take all this in...I mean we do see that she is siding with her psycho side little by little every time she catches Sekai or another girl flirting around with Makoto.
Old 2007-08-26, 14:00   Link #64
CJL13
God of his own ego

I'll have to see how she reacts to this before really judging if she's really gonna go berserk or let Makoto go.
Old 2007-08-26, 17:00   Link #65
kayos
Banned

I consider Kotonoha to be the main victim of the story. She's pretty much the outsider within the entire casts of Makoto allies. Sekai was the main reason why this whole drama started in the first place. If she had conveyed her feelings for Makoto instead of playing matchmaker. She would have gotten Makoto while his feelings for Kotonoha was just a crush.

Thus Kotonoha feelings for Makoto itself would have moved on... probably. She would have been left alone through her school days.

Sekai was also the reason why Kotonoha (who spent her days alone) was pulled into Makoto circle of adultery. I say Kotonoha is getting f*cked over by everyone, by Sekai, Makoto, the b!tch club, and Setsuna (who only show aggression for the love of Sekai).
Old 2007-08-27, 02:35   Link #66
Echoes

She is undoubtedly the victim of the story, but she's not doing much about it at this point. Right now, I honestly don't know if she's desperate, or just naive.
Kotonoha should be able to grasp that Makoto is as big a part of the affair as Sekai is, yet she doesn't even tell him off. Either she's afraid to act, or she's just deluding herself.

It's a pity, because I really do like Kotonoha, so I hate seeing her like this.
Old 2007-08-27, 15:51   Link #67
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
She is undoubtedly the victim of the story, but she's not doing much about it at this point. Right now, I honestly don't know if she's desperate, or just naive.
Kotonoha should be able to grasp that Makoto is as big a part of the affair as Sekai is, yet she doesn't even tell him off. Either she's afraid to act, or she's just deluding herself.

I second that...
Kotonoha is trying to stop being a shy girl so she can become a better girfriend for Makoto, and he goes for Sekai because it's 'easier'

I feel like bashing Makoto's head in between his shoulders for doing that to Kotonoha
Old 2007-08-27, 16:47   Link #68
kayos
Banned

Quote:

Kotonoha seems the fragile type that prefer to throw her blames on the second party to prevent any disturbance within her relationship with Makoto. It's expected, she's new at having a relationship and unsure on how to handle things. I kind of feel sadden at the thought that she's going lower her standard (aka becoming a slut) just to meet Makoto needs.
Old 2007-08-27, 18:55   Link #69
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Kotonoha seems the fragile type that prefer to throw her blames on the second party to prevent any disturbance within her relationship with Makoto. It's expected, she's new at having a relationship and unsure on how to handle things. I kind of feel sadden at the thought that she's going lower her standard (aka becoming a slut) just to meet Makoto needs.
Not just his needs but her own self satisfaction as well and the need to try to shed some her naivette. After the Sekai incident that just made it worse. Remember since Itou has been with Sekai most of the time he has not made any perverted moves on her. Her self esteem is another issue she feels this way because she feels being more sexual with Itou will keep other girls away namely Sekai. Its a shame that it has come to this its amazing if everyone would have just been honest a lot of this could have been avoided but then again we would have an anime to watch if it did?
Old 2007-08-28, 10:12   Link #70
Echoes

Kotonoha is indeed the fragile type of person, who'd try to avoid any confrontations, even when one is in her best interest. I'm still surprised that she chose to go after Sekai, as opposed to doing nothing at all. The fact that she conjured up all that anger, but then managed to project it onto the wrong person was very unfortunate. Sure, she could go all catty on Sekai, but leaving Makoto out of the picture will never allow her to get to the root of the problem.
Old 2007-08-28, 13:05   Link #71
fieryshadowcard

Looks like I'd better finish up Conclave's Episode 6 before speaking...
Old 2007-09-02, 05:32   Link #72
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

After episode 9, I really do feel bad for Kotonoha...she's just trying her best to have her first relationship go all OK, but Makoto seems like he doesn't even care one bit after realizing that Sekai is actually more compatible with him.
She's been strong in the past episodes, brushing off any rumors about her and Makoto breaking up and even brushing off Taisuke about any chances with her as his girlfriend. Plus she's been putting up with all the lies that Makoto has told her, even though she knew it herself that those were lies already.
But I don't know how she will handle herself after the recent incident in episode 9 and that the promise (it was a promise yea?) that she made to Makoto about
Spoiler for bonfire:
was terribly broken.
She lost a lot of things in just one episode...she lost the trust in everyone especially Makoto, she lost her innocence, and most importantly, she has lost her boyfriend.
Old 2007-09-02, 10:57   Link #73
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
I really hope to see Kotonoha get *mean* and start payback for all the sh*t people have put her through.

There comes a certain point where even the most timid person will snap, and I think by the end of episode 9, that point is now for Koto.
Old 2007-09-02, 11:47   Link #74
Zeira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
well, we'll just have to see how Kotonoha will take all this in...I mean we do see that she is siding with her psycho side little by little every time she catches Sekai or another girl flirting around with Makoto.
Actually she was pretty decent when she caught Setsuna kissing him. o.O

As for her being really shy, and not doing anything about it. I think of it just being her personality. She would probably grow out of it as she got older. I am not happy for what is happening to her, but I am glad that they didn't make her drastically break her character personality.

As for her not trying to change until she knew about Sekai. I would disagree, wasn't she trying to do little 'non slut' things before she found out about Sekai. Like trying to hug him, or how she acted at the pool.
Old 2007-09-02, 18:38   Link #75
Shana

Quote:
Same. I really hate to see Kotonoha to be like that. I want her to have a happy ending with a good guy, it doesn't matter if it is Taisuke, he's a good guy (he's a pervert, but hey, we all have a perverted side, no?); I only want her to have a happy ending
Old 2007-09-02, 20:00   Link #76
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

The best anything that is possible for now is that Taisuke realized wat he did to her was rong kill mokoto for no reason since he blames on him and takes koto ro a far away place to live happily ever after....
Old 2007-09-03, 13:36   Link #77
Echoes

Well, realizing it was wrong doesn't make up for it. At all. Kotonoha doesn't deserve to end up with either of those guys, I mean, come on, a rapist and the biggest douche in the universe.

I don't think I'd mind him taking out Makoto, though.
Old 2007-09-05, 16:05   Link #78
zheny

Spoiler for ep10+ endings:

Last edited by zheny; 2007-09-05 at 16:48.
Old 2007-09-05, 16:11   Link #79
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Well, realizing it was wrong doesn't make up for it. At all. Kotonoha doesn't deserve to end up with either of those guys, I mean, come on, a rapist and the biggest douche in the universe.

I don't think I'd mind him taking out Makoto, though.
A shounen style suicide where Taisuke kills himself in order to take down Makoto with him would probably be best for the School Days universe.
Old 2007-09-05, 17:34   Link #80
Echoes

Make Taisuke talk about it for a whole episode before actually doing it for the total shounen experience.

As for Kotonoha,
Spoiler for episode 10 development: