AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 41 38.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 22.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-06, 01:25   Link #41
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Though what's really starting to annoy me is the fact that Jintan continues to believe that Menma is a figment of his imagination. She has already shown to affect the physical world, shown by Poppo in this episode, yet Jintan still makes no effort to prove to his friends that she exists.
Was shown by Anaru in the first ep too, and she's even eaten something. Of course, if he still believes she's part of his imagination then that would be why he hasn't tried to prove it.

Anyone know how many ep's this is scheduled for?
Old 2011-05-06, 01:39   Link #42
Used Can

The problem with Jintan not believing that Menma exists is that there are other possible explanations like him being a schizo, having some sort of personality disorder or some other mental illness that affects his daily life. However, something that has to be noticed is that he pays more attention, and gives more concern to Menma with each passing episode. So, he's developing, even if slowly.
Old 2011-05-06, 01:41   Link #43
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Was shown by Anaru in the first ep too, and she's even eaten something. Of course, if he still believes she's part of his imagination then that would be why he hasn't tried to prove it.

Anyone know how many ep's this is scheduled for?
I believe someone said 11 before...

Spoiler for Episode 4 Thoughts:
Good episode was good, methinks... ^_^

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Old 2011-05-06, 02:18   Link #44
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So it's confirmed , Yukiatsu was cross-dressing... epic episode.
I'll say , fortunately Poppo is here , he's pushing everyone.
Can we say that Menma really exists ? You know , she might be Jinta's hallucination & mental illness.
Maybe it's the fact that he didn't want people to change(EP1) that he created Menma in his head to help him bring back the Peace Busters + Menma is still the Menma when he last saw.
People changes. He did too. He's unsociable & stay in his home. He's bored to this life.
Or not
Old 2011-05-06, 03:05   Link #45
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

This was the single most funnest episode I've seen this year. I couldn't stop laughing with Yukiatsu's just-as-keikaku smile. What's more hilarious was that calm and sweet ending theme song was playing on background during that epic chase scene.

Ano Hana surprised me yet again with this creative revelation. This is too good.
Old 2011-05-06, 03:19   Link #46
esereht

Episode 4 was epic. Never expected that they would reveal who who the fake menma was that quick though.

and as for Yukiatsu, Good God man.

宿海 仁太
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai。
Old 2011-05-06, 03:40   Link #47
Sertrel

Okay, after this episode, I think I'm in love with Tsuruko. SO GREAT.
Old 2011-05-06, 05:19   Link #48
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I just wonder why Jinta won't tell Menma to manifest herself to others. She can affect the physical world, and it won't be hard for her to just move glasses or something to prove she's there. It's something that bothers me, but the episode is top-notch.
Old 2011-05-06, 05:31   Link #49
darkmanure

He still thinks that he is hallucinating. I think that is why. Check out what he says about his imagination after getting home.
Old 2011-05-06, 06:03   Link #50
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The thing I've argued with time and again is that it's most likely not schizophrenia because Jinta has full grasp of reality. Besides, schizophrenia generates auditory hallucinations, and not visual ones.
Old 2011-05-06, 06:13   Link #51
darkmanure

I think she is a ghost as well. Ano Hana has been pretty consistent in her activities. Which is why I believe she won't pick up a cup or anything to leave us in suspense. I think in the end everybody in the group will believe Jinta even without seeing any proof.
Old 2011-05-06, 06:46   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm warming up to Tsukuro. It seems like I was wrong about her - she IS the most mature person of the group. She can be a little harsh and come across as a bitch sometimes (like in episode 2), but she genuinely cares about her friends. She can read people really well and unlike most, she isn't afraid to tell them when they need to hear. Some of them need a kick in the butt to move on (Yukiatsu and Jinta in particular) and she's there to deliver it.

About Yukiatsu... I'm still hesitating between pathetic and pitiful for him. Did he come up with the whole cross-dressing act out of jealousy after hearing Jinta could see Menma or is it something he's already been doing for a long time? Tsukuro's words in this episode and the previous one (when they went shopping together) implied it's the later, in which case I'm leaning toward pitiful. Either way, he acted like a pure jerk in this episode, which made the ending absolutely hilarious.

The most important scene of the episode besides the last one for me was the one where Anaru almost fell. So much was conveyed in that short scene.
Old 2011-05-06, 07:16   Link #53
KRegnard

MANma has issues...
Old 2011-05-06, 07:29   Link #54
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Newtype magazine scanwwwwwwwwwwwww
Spoiler:

Menma version 2 is true Menma.
Old 2011-05-06, 07:32   Link #55
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Spoiler:

Someone get a better scan of this because I love Luigi Menma.

Here's my take on the episode

Go Yukiatsu!!
Old 2011-05-06, 08:33   Link #56
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

About Memma, I think she'll turn out to be this series' big unanswered question. Is she a hallucination, or is she a real poltergeist? My bet is, the approach that will be taken is "who cares", and will focus on how the rest of the group finally deal with and get over that particular traumatic event together in the end.
Old 2011-05-06, 08:34   Link #57
CWW
Lurker

Daaaaaaaayyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuum

I don't know what Yukiatsu was trying to prove there by going into the woods crossdressing, besides getting discovered, but at least the story is moving along nicely, which is absolutely necessary for an 11-episode run.

Great to see how L Tsuruko planned to rile up Kira Yukiatsu. She's sly alright. Not as coy as I claimed her to be. Also, dat side tail. I wouldn't mind Tsuruko getting more screen time if she wore her hair that way more often. Anaru's twin tails, not as successful this time. I really like how their appearances change all the time. Good job, A-1!

And Yukiatsu, what a jerk! Jinta's claim of seeing Menma could be construed as a cry for attention, but he instigated the whole thing by toying with Jinta and deliberately stating to forget Menma's wish, even though that wouldn't be like her. Yeah, maybe it's a cry to himself to move on, but meh, you'll get no sympathy from me! You made Menma cry!

Obviously, Jinta doesn't want to make a big fuss over seeing Menma by convincing others she's there. He doesn't want to be seen as a crazy person, even though he said the contrary in this episode. I think he still believes it's a temporary thing, ghost or hallucination, implied by his 'summer beast' remark, which is lifted once Menma's wish is fulfilled. [edit: also I agree it's not the point of the story.]

As a last note, for a minute there, I thought Jinta found out about Anaru's crush when he remembered her question when they were kids, but alas, we are left in the dark. Anaru fighting!

Last edited by CWW; 2011-05-06 at 08:53.
Old 2011-05-06, 09:19   Link #58
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
I know there's people sympathizing and feeling sorry for Yukiatsu here, but I still cant. Aside from trying to trick the group into forgetting about the wish and trying to get attention by saying he could see Menma, he also told Jinta that he didnt acknowledge him then and he still doesnt now. Unless something happens, he's just not a real friend in this group imo.

And Tsuruko just became one of my favorite characters in the show, she's awesome for revealing Yukiatsu. Of course she knew all along too, since she was forced to come along with him for picking out accessories for a girl. Now if only Anaru would stand up to those two annoying girls and tell them off, that would make my day.
Old 2011-05-06, 10:24   Link #59
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Spoiler:

AHHHHH my eyes!!! Cannot unsee!!!
Old 2011-05-06, 11:35   Link #60
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ohhhh snap!! Excellent episode. Anaru is so darn cute. Jinta saved her like a pro too. Smooth. But the end there... oh man. Didn't someone say it as a joke first? But it was actually true. Tsuruko has probably been waiting to shatter his illusion.

Quote:
Spoiler:

That's horrible. Why would they even do that?