AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-12, 18:55   Link #841
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Getting into the libary seems hard...... I manged to visit for a 2nd time but noone was there :/

Is it going to be like my first time round, when I only seen her once. If thats the case, I suppose I could use this round 2 to see Kyou or Tomoyos route.. (sorta left Nagisa on her own already :s )
You'll be able to meet Kotomi in the Library at 4.18. Then the choices become more centered around books.
Old 2011-04-13, 11:06   Link #842
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
I just got the Clannad game, and I'm new to these sort of games. I'm used to fast paced FPS stuff. Are these games supposed to be played a certain way?
Old 2011-04-15, 20:32   Link #843
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
I just got the Clannad game, and I'm new to these sort of games. I'm used to fast paced FPS stuff. Are these games supposed to be played a certain way?
Visual novels are like choose-your-own-adventure books -- most of the time, you sit back and enjoy the written story, music, artwork, and maybe videos. At certain points of the game, you choose between a few different paths to take, and the story changes according to your choices.

They have a much more leisurely pace than FPS games; you control how fast the text progresses by clicking when you're done reading a section.
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 21:52   Link #844
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Oh my god, has anyone else seen the screens for the PS3 version?

Clicky

Those screens look so HD, it does things to me
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 22:37   Link #845
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
Oh my god, has anyone else seen the screens for the PS3 version?

Clicky

Those screens look so HD, it does things to me
Wow, big and shiny... @_@

The new Fuko-Kouko and Akio-Nagisa drawings (mini CGs?) look great too. BTW, are those new scenes? I really really don't remember Fuko nibbling anyone's ear!

EDIT: Oh no, I just noticed that they faked the widescreen effect by chopping off the bottom of CGs... You can't see Fuko's starfish, or Kotomi's scissors, or Ryou holding Tomoya's hand!
Old 2011-04-22, 22:45   Link #846
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Those scenes have been released before but as downloadable content, they are extra stories but I'm not sure if they are other routes or anything.

I'm just praying to god they port the HD version to PC (I mean, it's Key, they aren't afraid to make 55 million versions of everything) and maybe someone finds way to make the translation compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
EDIT: Oh no, I just noticed that they faked the widescreen effect by chopping off the bottom of CGs... You can't see Fuko's starfish, or Kotomi's scissors, or Ryou holding Tomoya's hand!
........ Oh god I don't care, it's Clannad in HD!
Old 2011-04-22, 23:12   Link #847
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
Those scenes have been released before but as downloadable content, they are extra stories but I'm not sure if they are other routes or anything.
Are those console-only? If they're available for PC then I'd happily buy them even if they're not new routes.

Quote:
I'm just praying to god they port the HD version to PC (I mean, it's Key, they aren't afraid to make 55 million versions of everything) and maybe someone finds way to make the translation compatible?
Since they're willing to re-package Clannad FV as Clannad ME (and fans are willing to buy), then it's certainly possible for Clannad HD to materialize

Speaking of compatibility, I'm still looking for a way to get the translation scripts into Clannad ME. The search continues!

Quote:
........ Oh god I don't care, it's Clannad in HD!
Hehe, good point
Old 2011-04-22, 23:41   Link #848
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

That is so cool! What does the Memorial Edition have?
Old 2011-04-23, 00:33   Link #849
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

As far as I can tell... the Memorial Edition is Full Voice repackaged. All sounds and most graphics are the same; the only major differences I've found are that ME has no feedback form or electronic manual, and ME uses Direct3D (FV has feedback forms, and doesn't use Direct3D). I don't think that's not something players are interested in though. :-/ I can't check the script yet (due to encryption), but I have a feeling there are no extra story items.
Old 2011-04-24, 22:34   Link #850
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Doesnt the Memorial Edition have an error upon installation that says something like "Japan Use Only"? That not even the unicode change will work?
Old 2011-04-24, 23:05   Link #851
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Doesnt the Memorial Edition have an error upon installation that says something like "Japan Use Only"? That not even the unicode change will work?
Yea, the Memorial Edition has a region-lock that previous versions didn't. But due to a programming bug, if you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can click "cancel" at the "This game is Japan only" dialog (and the game will start normally).
Old 2011-04-25, 11:41   Link #852
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Yea, the Memorial Edition has a region-lock that previous versions didn't. But due to a programming bug, if you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can click "cancel" at the "This game is Japan only" dialog (and the game will start normally).
Hmm. I also heard there was a way around this region-lock for other PCs as well.
Old 2011-05-03, 06:33   Link #853
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Finished the game a few days ago myself. Well, not entirely, many routes are left to be explored but I pretty much cleared it concerning my favorite characters, Tomoyo and Kyou. It was really an emotional and entertaining experience. A bit embarrassing, but manly tears were shed.
Old 2011-05-05, 13:20   Link #854
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Hmm. I also heard there was a way around this region-lock for other PCs as well.
I think that involves a bit of messy hacking, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
It was really an emotional and entertaining experience. A bit embarrassing, but manly tears were shed.
All in a day's work for Key's staff... they seem to specialize in getting tears out of people.
Old 2011-07-22, 17:21   Link #855
Dr. Casey

Does the game give more information on Naoyuki than the anime did, his background and his relationship with Tomoya? Naoyuki during the series proper was one of the most distant and emotionally broken down characters I've ever seen, a walking zombie that's rarely lucid or engaged with the outside world, but in the flashbacks from After Story 18 he seems so charismatic and handsome and full of life. Naoyuki's an interesting character to me, it would be interesting to learn more about his decline over the 12 years or so between the flashbacks from Tomoya's childhood to the start of the main series.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 19:24   Link #856
M3llo
munch munch

Clannad Visual Novel questions

I have a few questions about Clannad Visual Novel. I want to know how to finish the game ending up being with Kyou, Tomoya and Fuuko (if possible) but at the same time help Furokawa and get as many scenes with all the different characters as possible (dont wanna rush through the game).Not looki n for a detailed guide but rather an advice how to play through the game and how to end up with each character at the end without losing much/any game experience, also how to treat Furokawa during the game (ignore her or focus on her and to what extend) etcetc
I also want to finish Fuuko's stroyline and well possibly get a happy ending with each girl.
I stopped playing for now at the moment when Okazaki tells Furokawa that he loves her. Confusing cos even though i did focus on Furokawa i still wanted to have other choices with other girls (since i didnt really want to end up with Furokawa but more like be her best friend) and now its basically just Furokawa till the end. I also feel like i missed alot of scenes with for example Tomoyo, Miyazawa and Fujibayashi sisters. Even though i guess its not even half way through the game

Also i want to know if being with Furokawa is the only way to get After Story chapter.

I still have yet to start Ichinose's storyline, and thats why i dont like the idea of playing the game from now on as Furokawa's bf(cos correct me if im wrong but i think u only get that scene thingy where Okazaki visually appears for the first time only with 1 girl)
Unless im missing something and i can still play and end up with each girl if i choose not to embrace Furokawa that scene.

I never finished the game before but im willing to finish it a few times cos i got no better things to do
Its been years since i watched the anime so idk anyway i dont wanna blindly follow its plot
thankss in advance
M3llo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 20:48   Link #857
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If I remember correctly, you have to play the game though several times...not only to get to each ending, but also to actually finish the game with a happy ending.

There is probably a lot more advice to be found here: http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74
.....someplace....

I believe Nagisa is the only After Story path. But it has repeat value as well.
Old 2012-02-18, 14:37   Link #858
RandomAvatarFan

I've read somewhere to get to After Story you have to have completed Fuuko's and Nagisa's lines, and then to get the happy After Story ending, you need to have completed everyone's lines. I don't have a walkthrough though on how to get into specific lines, but if you watched the anime, you should have an idea on what to look for.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 20:09   Link #859
M3llo
munch munch

Ok i get it... i think
Its not about the after story yet though im wondering right now, if i focused on FUrokawa most, and im at the point where Okazaki confesses his love to her
how many scenes with other characters i missed? And if i do not choose to confess my love, will i still be able to end up with other girls? At this very point?
M3llo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 11:54   Link #860
Marulash

I'm pretty sure if you're that far in you should just focus on that girl. For the others you should start a new game and complete their routes.

If you need help I suggest you use something like http://soukyuu.emevas.net/CLANNAD_guide.html . While you don't have to use the guide for the choices of each girl, it's nice to know what routes you should complete first and which ones are independent of each other.
Marulash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360