AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-12, 23:16   Link #901
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
And how about that Lemon, eh? Actually slipped that thing to Kaito. The million dollar question: will he use it, or will he not?
He slipped it into his pocket, so...

Kaito's "LEEEMOOONNN SENPAI" at that scene cracked me up
Old 2012-03-12, 23:46   Link #902
Shadow5YA

You see, confessing wasn't so bad, was it? I'm glad everyone got that off their chests.

Speaking of chests, Mio is wonderful. She has matured so much ever since she confessed to Tetsurou. I felt all warm and fuzzy when she hugged him from he back like that.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 00:04   Link #903
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
How many times have we seen this theme of coming in terms with ones feeling so there are no more regrets? Episode 9 and 10 gives it a much defined structure that is very rarely seen in any medium let alone anime. These last two episodes blows out all shows in terms of an engaging story (aside for Chihayafuru) from this season as far as myself is concerned.

I am content!

I rank Another right there too, Monir, but those are the top shows for me as well.

As I grow increasingly aware of how stubbornly this show refuses to succumb to cliché, I'm thinking Tetsuro x neither is the likely end. Just because be loves Kanna and Mio loves him, that doesn't mean either of the recipients will end reciprocating just for the sake of plot convenience.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 04:40   Link #904
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's funny how some people are saying they feel bad for Kanna because although I did at first, I don't anymore. She's happy now. It's great that she even found it in her to tell Kaito her feelings despite knowing Kaito and Ichika are already an item.

What was truly great about this episode is that it was amazing to find out that Tetsuro was so subtly trying to sabotage Kanna's chances, but it comes across as very human. In any other romance he'd be demonized and undeserving but that's not the case here. For moment I was actually thinking they were going to go down with TetsuroxKanna but then it went back to TetsuroxMio again (although that managed to take one hell of blow). But really as Guardian Enzo points out, it's so difficult to really know what's going to happen there.

I can not believe this is only the 10th episode...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 04:53   Link #905
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I rank Another right there too, Monir, but those are the top shows for me as well.

As I grow increasingly aware of how stubbornly this show refuses to succumb to cliché, I'm thinking Tetsuro x neither is the likely end. Just because be loves Kanna and Mio loves him, that doesn't mean either of the recipients will end reciprocating just for the sake of plot convenience.
Yea, if it was real life Tetsuro x Mio could've been a possibility in the near future but anime most likely going to end with just the Kaito x Ichika pair.

A Remon x EroKing pairing would've been an interesting combo too imo

My waifu with her epic shadow, she just loves to play with Kanna
Old 2012-03-13, 05:10   Link #906
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Dear lord watching those two is so mindboggingly icky.

although props for protection. Good work Remon. (Y) He's bound to jump her at some point. XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 05:43   Link #907
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sometimes it's best that no one ends up with each other, as a forced relationship could just be worse than being alone. That's what I think anyway.

At the very least, there is truth in the belief that being honest and finally saying what you feel, even without a positive outcome, is itself emotionally liberating.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 05:52   Link #908
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

lol. When it comes to Tetsurou, Mio is everywhere Mio in naked apron? So, she's still naked even with baking

Hmmm, next episode would likely be Ichika being forced or asked by her onee-chan to go home.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 07:30   Link #909
Azuma Denton
~AD~

It is more painful to see the triangle between Tetsuro, Mio and Kanna...
Tetsuro is indecisive between Mio or Kanna...
Kanna is oblivious about Tetsuro's feeling...
Mio is supporting Tetsuro... ;_;
Btw, why the naked apron scene only last few seconds??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 07:34   Link #910
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

now... before a happy ending, we will get another twist...

honestly, I don't really care about Kai-Ichika... I'm more interested on Tetsurou-Mio-Kanna's relationship... for this episode, I'll cheer on Mio... she changed so much and got the most development from a timid girl to a brave and comforting girl.... she also regained new ability beside stripping habit... it's her stalking habit... she can appear in everywhere like Remon

Remon got too few screen time.... I'll pretend to be innocent once more... What is that 'rubber thing' that Remon gave to Kai... lol
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 10:21   Link #911
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think i have a Rinon fetish, can somebody please help me!?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 12:17   Link #912
ookamigirl

Poor Kanna with her unrequited love for Kaito..
Not every love in this episode ended up happily.
Guess they weren't all lucky as Kaito & Ichika.
Kinda sad episode..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 17:48   Link #913
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... another very satisfying ep. I also like how honest the characters are (even if it takes a long and painful trip - albeit usually very "convincing" in their portrayal - to get there).

Totally did not expect Ichika's sister to pop up, though. That was quite a surprise.

I'd give ep 10 a 7.5/10 vote.
Old 2012-03-13, 19:08   Link #914
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Was she cooking in the nude? I wasn't paying attention. But if she was, then pan frying or whatever is already trivial matter.
That is the legendary naked apron

Mio and Lemon are the only characters doing something interesting (which is basically fanservice), because now that the show is ending, the writers reshuffle the source material
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 20:21   Link #915
winkel

When the new character teleported at the end, I was hoping it would be Mizuho

Is it too much of a stretch to ask them to put in a direct reference before the show is over?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 20:26   Link #916
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
When the new character teleported at the end, I was hoping it would be Mizuho

Is it too much of a stretch to ask them to put in a direct reference before the show is over?
Yes, it is... if it was Mizuho, the story composer would practically admit defeat to a 10-year old script instead of pretending to be original and groundbreaking
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 00:47   Link #917
Kakkou
Tch.

I swear, pretty much every character in the show freaking stalks each other.

I really enjoyed everyone coming clean with their feelings and moving on. That's never an easy hurdle to overcome. With that out of the way the only real conflict left would be Ichika getting dragged back home.

... Still waiting for the Lemon = Strawberry reveal.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 11:30   Link #918
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Another has a superb production value in terms of sound production and setting up the mood with the visual so the show can successfully create the air the story intends to project. That said, the story itself isn't something I'm too keen on. It has a certain patter it follows in every episode. The discussion is fun to read each week as to see all the speculation to who is going to kick the bucket next, but as far as the story, it doesn't have that natural flow to it when I compared to Ano Natsu or Chihayafuru. That said, we have been getting some great shows in the last 12 months or so when I think about it, i.e. Usagi Drop.

Quote:
Agreed! The situation played out in this show took place many times in many other shows. Yet, this show did not deviate from its own purpose of staying with its own blend of retelling despite the familiarity. Episode 9 and 10 make the show come together very nicely.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 16:21   Link #919
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

But man Kanna can cry. How many days was that, all night and all day. I guess the last thing she had to do was nail it on Kaito's head, good to see she finally got the courage to say it.
Yeah I was glad that Kanna(and Tetsurou too) got their feelings off their chests. Hopefully, Kanna and Tetsurou can both move on(although I don't know who I want Tetsurou to end up with. If he does end up with Mio, I guess Kanna always has Remon

Quote:
And how about that Lemon, eh? Actually slipped that thing to Kaito. The million dollar question: will he use it, or will he not?
Spoiler for Just a guess regarding Remon's gift:

Quote:
Originally Posted by exs120 View Post
Why can't Kaito call Ichika anything other than Senpai now? Kinda awkward...
I like it though. Reminds me a little bit of how Sakura calls Shirou "Senpai" in Fate/Stay Night.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 19:14   Link #920
Rei.K

And it's actually not so far from reality. I know Japanese people who still call their wife/husband -san even after living together for years. What matters is the emotional value attached to it, in my opinion.
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen