AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 11:44   Link #2001
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
According to wikipedia:

Despite his new title and powers, Yuki is so devastated by Yuno's death that he is unable to do anything but stare at his diary's final entry--"Yuno died."--and mourn her loss. After 10,000 years of mourning in the void of his post-apocalyptic universe, Yuki is shocked when the spacetime of his universe shatters and reveals a passageway to the third universe, created through the joint efforts of the Muru Muru of the third universe, the Muru Muru of the first universe, and the Yuno of the third universe. The Yuno of the third universe recognizes Yuki, reveals that she has the same memories as the Yuno from the first universe (courtesy of the Muru Muru of the first universe), and invites Yuki into the third universe so that they can finally be together. The Deus of the third universe calls off the Diary game and makes Yuki and Yuno his heirs, and Yuki is reunited with Yuno in the new, happier universe.

If only the anime had give us this ending.....its a decent one and I'd accept it as a crazy but sweet ending to a batshit insane anime
I agree, I really like that ending; it would've been better if it had been presented that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Yeah it would of been nice but its still kinda the same since at the end of the anime his phone changes and shows that Yuno comes to visit him in the empty world. They just didnt show the actuall scene.
Yeah, his phone changes, but not showing them reunite downgrades the entire ending. Not to mention, they could've, at the very least, had Yuno's voice cry out for Yuki in the end instead of having her name there and then ending it. I doubt any special episodes released after this will address the ending. Don't get me wrong, it was a great series and it had a lot of different genres working well together, but the ending described previously, where they are seen reuniting, would have made the series better if that had been shown.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 13:01   Link #2002
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Count me in as one of many who didn't really like this ending. I already had myself spoiled via Wikipedia months ago, so I expected a true happy ending, which I think would have been perfect, considering what all the characters have gone through.

Yeah, I get it, Yuki was pretty much a loser throughout the show, but was it really necessary to end it all with him being all miserable and unwilling to do anything and only hint at the true ending?

Don't get me wrong, I still think the show itself was great, but had they gone with the true ending, it would've been pretty much perfect.

Oh well, maybe if I rewatch it some day, I'll grow to appreciate the ending more.
Old 2012-04-22, 16:06   Link #2003
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

I don't like the true ending because of the fact that it feels a bit forced just for the sake of having a happy ending. Basically, it feels like a happy ending that was pulled out of someone's ass. I also don't sit well with the two people who did the most horrible things pulling a Karma Houdini. The anime ending is a little more ambiguous in the case of Yukiteru, but even implying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Kill everyone you care about, replace them with alternate world counterparts!

I find it amusing that after all of that work trying to save the second world, they just leave it barren in the end.

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...

Last edited by Suzumiya Haruhi; 2012-04-23 at 02:32.
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:58   Link #2004
andy

So i just watch the ending for this and your telling me they could not just do a extra min so we could get the manga end so stupid.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 23:02   Link #2005
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Wow, that was actually not a bad ending at all. If that was the manga ending, I wonder why it caused so much unrest among the readers.
Well, the thing that seemed to bother everyone was that it was forced and seemed thrown in just for the sake of having a happy ending. Yuno isn't even the original either, just a copy.

And the hammer.

And then the fact that they get a happy ending for being terrible people, especially Yukki, since most people didn't like him and he did nothing for 10,000 years. Aaand that Deus just kinda goes "herpadurrr you ugys can be god together now".

Here are the final manga pages: http://mangafox.me/manga/mirai_nikki/v12/c059/35.html

Now, I didn't dislike the ending, an I was happy there was a good ending, but it was done kind of ridiculously still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
Not to mention, they could've, at the very least, had Yuno's voice cry out for Yuki in the end instead of having her name there and then ending it.
They did. It was really quiet, but right after the diary changes, turn your volume up a LOT. I didn't notice it when I saw the raw, but when I saw the subs said "Yukki", I had to check. Turning it up showed she did say it.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 02:43   Link #2006
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Well, I agree with you for the most part, except for the Yuki and Yuno being terrible people part. This Yuno was never a murderer, but she could have had a happy ending with HER Yuki. And then there's Yuki, who I guess did become a terrible human being, but I felt sorry for him rather than hate him. I still feel that he DOES NOT deserve a happy ending though.

It's just my opinion, but I think that if you're grasping for a happy ending, it's better not to write a happy ending at all. In fact, if Yuki were to end up in a paradise made by him, without the company of his loved ones to share it with, I think there would have been a fitting yet tragic lesson learned there since he was the one that brought it upon himself (...and it's better than leaving the second world as a barren wasteland after spending that much time trying to save it from collapsing). Just my two cents. Also, I find it weird that Yuki is OK with being with an alternate version of the girl he fell in love with (with fake implanted memories) when he seemed pretty appalled at Yuno's plan of replacing him with the Third Yuki.

Despite the ending, I did enjoy the series for what it was. Here's my thoughts on the ending and the series as a whole.

http://theotakuspot.animeblogger.net...l-impressions/

Old 2012-04-23, 04:40   Link #2007
Morisato

Those aren't fake memories.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 05:17   Link #2008
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Those aren't fake memories.
Yes, they are. They were real to the person they belonged to. But those memories don't belong to the current Yuno because she didn't make them. They belonged to the dead one. That's what I meant by "fake" because they are obviously real just by the literal fact that they exist. Maybe "false' memories would be a better term for it.

Suppose I somehow implanted memories of my childhood onto you. Just because they were real events that happened to me doesn't make them genuine memories that belong to you. Genuine memories are memories you make yourself. And just because you have my memories doesn't make you me. A copy, maybe, with your memories included. And in this case, that's what the Third World Yuno is being treated as. A replacement goldfish with memories that don't belong to her.

Old 2012-04-23, 12:16   Link #2009
rafael1932
claymores pimp

I do agree that a happy end in this case for yuki is way too much. No one like bad endings – that the reason
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 06:42   Link #2010
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumiya Haruhi View Post
This Yuno was never a murderer, but she could have had a happy ending with HER Yuki.
To be fair, I don't think Yuno3 was interested in Yukki3, since she never killed her parents and therefore met/fell in love with him.

Quote:
(...and it's better than leaving the second world as a barren wasteland after spending that much time trying to save it from collapsing)
I'm not really sure that he actually cared about that world anyway, since everyone he knew was dead anyway, and he was content to die with Yuno.

Quote:
Also, I find it weird that Yuki is OK with being with an alternate version of the girl he fell in love with (with fake implanted memories) when he seemed pretty appalled at Yuno's plan of replacing him with the Third Yuki.
I agree that that's weird, but I guess you could take into account that Yukki3 wouldn't have Yukki2 or Yukki1's memories, yet Yuno3 has Yuno1's memories. I'm not sure how much "soul" matters in this story, if it's a thing in it I mean, or if they just count "memories" as the person instead.. Either way, it is weird, but there are some differences.

Aside from what I already said, Yuno1 wanted to kill Yukki2 to move on to Yukki3, whereas Yuno1 was already dead before Yuno3 came to Yukki2. And he spent 10000 years alone with Murmur, just staring at that text, so frankly, he'd probably be okay with anything (er.. not just anything, but I mean any sort of Yuno, real, fake, copied, memory-less, whatever) at that point.
Old 2012-04-24, 12:17   Link #2011
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ok I just saw the final episode and wtf?

They could have at least added that ONE scene. Sweet jegus.

You know, the one where third world Yuno appears with first world Yuno's memories.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 16:33   Link #2012
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
To be fair, I don't think Yuno3 was interested in Yukki3, since she never killed her parents and therefore met/fell in love with him.
The butterfly effect led to a positive outcome for most of the alternate characters, even making it so Yuki's dad wasn't a debt-ridden ass (lol). I don't see why Esuno couldn't have written it so the new Yuno and Yuki could have met and fell in love through regular circumstances instead of rather screwed up ones that didn't include murder, child abuse, or divorce.

That is my preferred happy ending though, compared to the real one. Realistically I would have been all for Yuki ending up with someone else and showing that sometimes, even though I like that pairing, couples like that will only ever meet in those screwed up situations. I wouldn't mind a happy ending either if it didn't feel as forced as the way Esuno wrote it. And I sure hope he doesn't pull that crap again in Big Order.

Quote:
I'm not really sure that he actually cared about that world anyway, since everyone he knew was dead anyway, and he was content to die with Yuno.
That's the problem I have with it. If they didn't care if that world collapsed or not, then no one needed to die or win the game and they all could have just stayed in the peaceful Third World.

At least do something with the Second World so that the things that transpired in the series actually seemed worth it.

Quote:
I agree that that's weird, but I guess you could take into account that Yukki3 wouldn't have Yukki2 or Yukki1's memories, yet Yuno3 has Yuno1's memories. I'm not sure how much "soul" matters in this story, if it's a thing in it I mean, or if they just count "memories" as the person instead.. Either way, it is weird, but there are some differences.
That creates a lot of holes though. If implanting memories of a previous god into a person is enough to warrant making them the new god, why didn't Deus just "create' a new body for himself and tell Murumuru to implant his memories into it? If memories are all that's needed to keep someone alive, that would have solved Deus's death situation. It seemed like the soul really did matter in the story.

Of course, I'm just mainly bothered by how much of cheap resurrection it is and how it seemed like Yuki had his last few pages of happiness served onto a silver platter, while his friends who tried their best to help him ended up being killed by him. And after he had a chance to redeem himself by stopping the world-hopping and saving the Second World where they all used to live in... he just puts it to no good use and abandons it, putting Yuno's suicide in vain.

Quote:
Aside from what I already said, Yuno1 wanted to kill Yukki2 to move on to Yukki3, whereas Yuno1 was already dead before Yuno3 came to Yukki2. And he spent 10000 years alone with Murmur, just staring at that text, so frankly, he'd probably be okay with anything (er.. not just anything, but I mean any sort of Yuno, real, fake, copied, memory-less, whatever) at that point.
I actually do agree with this, and it's one of the reasons why I feel that it's a bit of a downer ending... and why I feel that it isn't the type of happy ending people truly want.

Quoting myself in my blog post, "I guess the killing of all the Yunos was the only thing that bothered him… the more Yunos, the better, I guess?" lol

I do know that Minene really is using the Third World Nishijima as a replacement goldfish though. lol

Last edited by Suzumiya Haruhi; 2012-04-24 at 16:47.
Old 2012-04-24, 16:38   Link #2013
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
Well, the thing that seemed to bother everyone was that it was forced and seemed thrown in just for the sake of having a happy ending. Yuno isn't even the original either, just a copy.

And the hammer.

And then the fact that they get a happy ending for being terrible people, especially Yukki, since most people didn't like him and he did nothing for 10,000 years. Aaand that Deus just kinda goes "herpadurrr you ugys can be god together now".

Here are the final manga pages: http://mangafox.me/manga/mirai_nikki/v12/c059/35.html

Now, I didn't dislike the ending, an I was happy there was a good ending, but it was done kind of ridiculously still.

They did. It was really quiet, but right after the diary changes, turn your volume up a LOT. I didn't notice it when I saw the raw, but when I saw the subs said "Yukki", I had to check. Turning it up showed she did say it.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll go back and check it out. They should've just used normal volume or slightly lower volume.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 20:43   Link #2014
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
That is my preferred happy ending though, compared to the real one. Realistically I would have been all for Yuki ending up with someone else and showing that sometimes, even though I like that pairing, couples like that will only ever meet in those screwed up situations.
Which, ironically, is what actually happened to Yukki-3. He apparently never even met Yuno-3. That pairing is pretty much the melding of two badly broken people; apparently their "normal" selves have nothing in common.

...we just get about two seconds of screen time showing Yukki with what's-her-name instead of any actual exploration of the concept.

Quote:
That's the problem I have with it. If they didn't care if that world collapsed or not, then no one needed to die or win the game and they all could have just stayed in the peaceful Third World.

At least do something with the Second World so that the things that transpired in the series actually seemed worth it.
Here's one for you: what about the First World? At least the Second World got reduced to an empty hole due to Yuno-1 and Murmur-1's dicking around, so leaving it that way isn't a big problem. But there was no indication that the First World collapsed early the way the Second World did, which means that Yuno's suicide left the First World without a deity. So there's its entire population sitting there with causality running amok...
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 03:36   Link #2015
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Here's one for you: what about the First World? At least the Second World got reduced to an empty hole due to Yuno-1 and Murmur-1's dicking around, so leaving it that way isn't a big problem. But there was no indication that the First World collapsed early the way the Second World did, which means that Yuno's suicide left the First World without a deity. So there's its entire population sitting there with causality running amok...
From the little things we see from the First World flashbacks (where it gets screwed up as much as what happened to the second timeline towards the end of the game, with the black holes and whatnot) and Yuno's pessimism about everyone dying anyway, it's safe to say that the First World was left barren as well.

My point is, if the Second World could have meant less to either of them... why end the game? It would have been alright if Yuki actually did something with it, but he didn't. Yuno killed herself for nothing, when they could have both just said "screw it" to the Second World and lived in the Third World.

Last edited by Suzumiya Haruhi; 2012-04-25 at 03:58.
Old 2012-04-25, 04:59   Link #2016
ninetail1989
Dreamer

emm...do i have this right?....

1st world is destroyed....2nd world yuno died....1 world yuno died but memory planted in 3rd world yuno...?..is that it?

also...i dont really like the anime ending...they could just add an extra 30 second to show 3rd world yuno smashing the place Yukki is in with a hammer and become gods together in the 3rd world....

ps:i have one big question...who the hell is the 3rd world Yukki is with?..that girl with the spec??i dont recall seeing her at all.....which episode???
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 05:38   Link #2017
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
ps:i have one big question...who the hell is the 3rd world Yukki is with?..that girl with the spec??i dont recall seeing her at all.....which episode???
She is Wakaba, Yuki's previous crush. She appears in episode 18.
Yuno followed the two of them disguised in a freaky rabbit costume, how could you forget?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 09:21   Link #2018
ninetail1989
Dreamer

OO...lol....cause i was focusing more on the rabbit LOL
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 14:59   Link #2019
KoiYuki

Quote:
TAnd I sure hope he doesn't pull that crap again in Big Order.
I gotta agree with you there. Even that other manga he did before Mirai Nikki had a better ending.. I should say it at least made sense and worked in context, not just something thrown in.

Quote:
That's actually something I kinda brought up before, about why Yuno couldn't just take Yukki2 to world 3 and let their alternate selves do whatever. Sure, Deus would notice, but honestly, what would he do? He might even have decided that they could be gods of world 3 for whatever reason. Yuno really had no reason to kill Yukki2 or Yuno3 since Yukki2 was alive still, and they didn't need to play the game anymore..

Quote:
That creates a lot of holes though. If implanting memories of a previous god into a person is enough to warrant making them the new god, why didn't Deus just "create' a new body for himself and tell Murumuru to implant his memories into it? If memories are all that's needed to keep someone alive, that would have solved Deus's death situation. It seemed like the soul really did matter in the story.

Of course, I'm just mainly bothered by how much of cheap resurrection it is and how it seemed like Yuki had his last few pages of happiness served onto a silver platter, while his friends who tried their best to help him ended up being killed by him. And after he had a chance to redeem himself by stopping the world-hopping and saving the Second World where they all used to live in... he just puts it to no good use and abandons it, putting Yuno's suicide in vain.
That's actually a really good point.. and frankly, he probably could have done that, but then there'd be no story.. so I guess that's kind of a plot hole, possibly. then again, maybe memories can only be transferred to the same body as the original, and there was no alternate Deus body for him to use, and.. I was going to say maybe they couldn't copy bodies, but Yuno did that in world1, so that whole thing I just went on about makes no sense either.

Maybe bodies can only be copied at the same age they were at?

I find it weird that the world was still there when Yukki won, stopped getting eaten away, yet disappeared later on anyway. Wouldn't that first part show that only a god's presence was needed for the world to exist? Why did it go away then?

Quote:
I do know that Minene really is using the Third World Nishijima as a replacement goldfish though. lol
Totally.. I suppose she's almost doing the same thing as Yukki, but Nishijima3 doesn't have the same memories as Nishijima2.. though only to an extent. He mostly has the same ones, so he's almost the same, unlike Yuno3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I'll go back and check it out. They should've just used normal volume or slightly lower volume.
I agree, it should've been louder.. I honestly couldn't hear it without knowing it was there.
Old 2012-04-25, 23:00   Link #2020
MasterVampire

So do we know what this New Project thing is yet?
Its not that live action thing is it? New season?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere