Notices

Old 2014-08-19, 16:52   Link #11101
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Alright, so.

For any of the former usual suspects who's still reading and/or still gives a damn, an update on my situation. As of last Friday, 15/8/14, I am officially married.

Granted, my girl and I were simply registering at the local Registry of Marriages, which makes it more like an engagement than anything, and the wedding ceremony or whatever it might be would be held some time next year (in her hometown, for what it's worth). But either way, we're now husband and wife, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, end of the dating game for me. You guys and girls keep up the good quest.
Congratulations to you Ascaloth on your marriage
Old 2014-08-19, 20:14   Link #11102
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Alright, so.

For any of the former usual suspects who's still reading and/or still gives a damn, an update on my situation. As of last Friday, 15/8/14, I am officially married.

Granted, my girl and I were simply registering at the local Registry of Marriages, which makes it more like an engagement than anything, and the wedding ceremony or whatever it might be would be held some time next year (in her hometown, for what it's worth). But either way, we're now husband and wife, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well done good man. Now I'll be waiting to hear that you finally understand all the husband jokes out there.

Endless "It's funny because it's true" Soul
Old 2014-08-22, 02:40   Link #11103
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Alright, so.

Congratulations!
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 08:42   Link #11104
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Alright, so.

Congratulations!

Now that you have achieved a marriage, don't forget to maintain it. Like anything else that you want to last, it needs TLC. Best of luck!
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 10:22   Link #11105
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Well, I'm out of the online game.
Certainly don't like acting as spamfilter
And having the balls to jump in the deep end, even if holding my head above water,
Is kind of useless when it's for a jury assessing a synchronized swimming competition
Old 2014-09-07, 02:41   Link #11106
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Just experienced the infamous 'out of the blue' 20's break up. I don't really know what to do or how to cope with it. Most of my friends have been alienated by me because I spent most of my time with my gf so I guess it's shame on me for having nobody to really talk to. I don't know whether it is common for break ups and people get back together or what I don't know what's going on. We've been together a year and 2 weeks. We just had our anniversary and everything was fine. The last text pre-break up was on Monday night. After that she was MIA and finally decided to tell me it's over today. She seemed confused and hesitant to do it but I'm also aware that I could be clutch at straws looking for anything to fuel the denial. I've never had a relationship end on such bad terms and I'm confused myself. I've lost my appetite and have a knot in my stomach which I wikipedia'ed (lol) and are typical signs of 'heart-ache'. Can anybody offer anything at all I would appreciate anything right now
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 02:49   Link #11107
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Life happens. Cut contact, altogether, and focus on other activities as much as possible. Dig into hobbies or work, go out with the friends you have, etc. Just give it time, it'll pass soon enough. And don't dwell on why.

In my case, I was the one who crushed someone's heart, also quite suddenly. It took several months before I got over it, and came out a stronger, somewhat changed person because of it. And besides, you're 21. It's normal.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 02:55   Link #11108
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

It is life. It's something I remember and keep telling myself. It will get better and I'm looking forward to it. It just sucks. I'll probably join the gym again and pick up a side sport. My fitness has been slack as of late I guess. I just started watching cowboy bebop so hopefully it doesn't end up having a significant romance storyline. Thank you for taking the time to reply I appreciate it
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 07:47   Link #11109
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

TLDR: The cute girl I just had a date with is in now in Hospital! What should I do?

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma, and don't know how to proceed.

I went on a great date on Saturday, we had loads in common, she was beautiful, she laughed at my weird jokes, and I liked her personality, and we played chess! Very smart, bit absent minded, medical student, overall I felt we shared a lot of values. In addition, she didn't seem the confident type, so I feel like she might understand my own inexperience. Suffice to say, I really want to see her again.

This is where things get complicated. We're on the bus together going home (we live on the same line) and she says she forgot her keys at home(I mentioned she was absent minded...) , now this is very immediate and I panic a little, and I'm not sure what to do. I offer her some lame advice, and leave her to go on her way (she says she'll phone her housemate).

Now as I continue on my way home I feel a bit awkward, should I have least kept her company while she tried to get back into her house? Regardless I don't feel great about how I handled it.

Anyway, later in the evening I shoot her a text message saying I had a great time, would like to see her again, and inquiring if she got home fine. She doesn't reply.

Now in the past I've traded text messages, but I find it messy, as often the girl feign "busyness" by not replying to you promptly. I find this both annoying and anxiety inducing, so I decide to just call her and see where she's at. At this point she then tells me she's in hospital with a fractured pelvis! I respond as you would imagine. I keep things short as she doesn't sound eager to talk, I ask her to keep me posted, and she says she will.

Which leaves me where I am now. I'd really like to see her again, even in hospital if necessary, but I also can imagine she's not necessarily interested in seeing a guy she's had all of one date with while in that condition. I can also see this fizzing into nothing too, and I really want to give this one the best shot possible, as she's by far one of the best girls I've dated. What should I do? I'd like to call her again, when should I do so? I don't feel like I'm responsible, but I do feel indirectly responsible...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 20:10   Link #11110
Dextro
He Without a Title

Now there's a real pickle. I can't really say that I have any idea where to start but maybe sending her some flowers might be a less intrusive way of showing you're worried. However I can't really in good faith say if that's a good idea or no, just something that came to mind. Maybe a card explaining that you don't want to be a bother and for her to ring you up when she feels like it might work. I don't really know.
Old 2014-10-07, 12:43   Link #11111
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Take a bunch of flowers and a card, go to the hospital, give it

Sometimes just doing something is better than doing nothing and it's up to the other party as to how it will be received
Old 2014-10-07, 17:16   Link #11112
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

It seems it was a fairly mild injury, and she's been discharged. Still, threw me for a loop, and will certainly put a damper on my attempts to date her. When she's healed up a bit, hopefully I can coax her out...
Old 2014-10-08, 16:30   Link #11113
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Hey, wonder if y'all can help me. This is a much easier question . The biggest thing me and the current girl I'm interested in have in common is strategy gaming(think civilisation etc) and I'm struggling to come up with good date ideas. I've already played chess on the last date, and that worked well, any other similar activities that fire the neurons you all can think of?
Old 2014-10-11, 09:35   Link #11114
solomon

I'd just talk it over with the lady and see about what places she'd be interested in going to.

If you two get along as well as you say you do, you're past the test phase (namely; gotta show im the alpha by planning everydamned detail about the date without asking information), so get together for some tea and chat it up for the next time where you can do something even more interesting.

Or, you could suggest something you're interested in and share it with her. Many possiblities, just don't fret too much over this.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 07:00   Link #11115
LowCholesterol

umm, i need your advice. i'm going to ask a girl to go on date.
but, what is a good topics to discuss with her beside politics?
her was good when it comes to organisation.

i know this question was embarassing since i haven't go on a date before this

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2014-10-12, 09:00   Link #11116
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsuSister View Post
umm, i need your advice. i'm going to ask a girl to go on date.
but, what is a good topics to discuss with her beside politics?
her was good when it comes to organisation.

i know this question was embarassing since i haven't go on a date before this
Personally that wouldn't be a good idea - thought provoking it might be but it can seem dry and off-putting to talk about that. Not saying that from experience (I've never actually been on a proper date either), but it's a general thing.

In terms of advice, I'd have a look here and see what you can muster. For what it's worth, I'd be just as nervous as you (assuming I get a first date in the future ) but dating doesn't seem like rocket science. Just relax, listen and let things flow
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 09:37   Link #11117
LowCholesterol

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Personally that wouldn't be a good idea - thought provoking it might be but it can seem dry and off-putting to talk about that. Not saying that from experience (I've never actually been on a proper date either), but it's a general thing.

In terms of advice, I'd have a look here and see what you can muster. For what it's worth, I'd be just as nervous as you (assuming I get a first date in the future ) but dating doesn't seem like rocket science. Just relax, listen and let things flow
hmm, thanks for your advice man.

i ask about that because both of us have a big interest on the political issue, we had fun when we talking about politics on the class (but now she's move to other university). so i ask if it's okay to have that kind of conversation

but you're right, politics is too sensitive, every person would have a different view and we would ended debating

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2014-10-12, 13:22   Link #11118
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Guys, is going out with a transgirl regarded as a date?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 13:35   Link #11119
GDB

If it's more than just as friends, yes.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 13:45   Link #11120
hamazura
whatever

not really dating question but
how do you talk with western woman?
i seems cant talk with them at all, we have 0 thing in common.
i only talk and hang out with asian people/student here even in europe

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom