AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 04:24   Link #12621
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Elfman is man enough to hit a woman from behind!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 12:31   Link #12622
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I take the opposite view of this. I mean just as with OS the theme for Tartaros seems to be that the characters are losing and badly quick surge of motivation and then 1HKO the character. Its kinda irritating I mean Mira was labeled as one of the strongest FT characters and she's really had no moments to shine at all that's a bit annoying.
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not completely happy with the way things turned out either. I do agree that it's kind of bullshit that Mira never really had a moment like, say, Wendy did a few chapters ago. I'm just saying that, since this is Fairy Tail, I sort of expected Mira to pull out some sort of friendship power to overcome Sayla. Like I said, at least someone lost.

And yeah, that Elfman one-shot is really giving me a headache.
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:01   Link #12623
Avaricia
My Lord

HAHAHAHA!

1 shot seriously? This chapter was worse than the Jura 1 shot chapter.
So fuckin bad
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:31   Link #12624
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Why was Jura's one-shotting of Orga or whoever a BAD thing...? That just made him MORE bad-assed than he already was.

And who's to say that Shayla is down for the count? We'll find out next week - maybe.

I'm pretty sure if Shayla went after Lisanna, Mira would have invoked Devil Trigger at the cost of her own life or something too...
Old 2014-04-18, 20:25   Link #12625
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Elfman: Payback's a b***h!..........seriously.

Mirajane: I order you to join FT, Sayla! (<----hope )
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 04:11   Link #12626
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Why was Jura's one-shotting of Orga or whoever a BAD thing...? That just made him MORE bad-assed than he already was.

And who's to say that Shayla is down for the count? We'll find out next week - maybe.

I'm pretty sure if Shayla went after Lisanna, Mira would have invoked Devil Trigger at the cost of her own life or something too...
I think you're mistaken. By 1 shot Jura, I mean the fucking

Laxus: ''what would Natsu say in this situation? I'm all fired up!'' Lightning Dragon's Punch. 1 shot.

Jura is one of the fucking 10 wizards of saints. He trained himself to utmost limits for 7 years and managed to become the top 10 of Fiore and Wizard saints. And he get's owned by a loser who has only trained for 3 months? Are you out of your mind?

Mashima killed Laxus's character development completely.

Mashima is good at character development and building a character. However, he sucks at showing them, when they're in danger of losing.
Old 2014-04-19, 09:06   Link #12627
ImperialFlameGod8190

The problem isn't as much elfman winning as we're seeing a constant theme in a massive flaw of tartaros. Pretty much every one of them so far has lost because their power is what makes them strong and physically they are weak. Much like accelerator from TMNI their power is the most dangerous thing about them get rid of that and they all get crumpled easily. Just like natsu beat his foe from smashing him with a rock its lame that they all lost rather easily.

Think about this. In the fairy tail manga overall when they fight against "Major bad guys" meaning Phantom Lord Tower of Heaven. OS GH and even now. If you look at these fights pretty much only maybe 5 or 6 fights you can call legitimate wins by a FT character. PL (Juvia was lame, the flame guy was a lame win, Sol was really bad, Aria got KOed by the master) Gajeel v natsu was the only truly good fight. The tower of heaven was shameful as far as legit battles won on people's personal strength. Oracion Seis was a joke of an arc. Except for maybe erza vs Midnight none of the fights would I consider FT won because they were stronger (on their own). Grimoire heart was the saddest of all. Zancrow got a raw deal meredy was pathetic. Kain hikaru was pathetic. Capricorn was sad. The others didn't really lose. The fight between the guild and master hades was a disgrace to what battle should be.
The grand magic games is bad as well. Most of the characters who fought pretty much didn't do anything clever. The battle between the twin dragons and natsu is the only truly good fight there was. Jura vs Orga was shameful I mean we know Jura's strong but the 1HKO didn't justify anything. Kagura vs Erza could've been one of the great fights of the manga and they completely turned it into a joke. (ignoring the sad reasoning for
In the battles vs tartaros they really aren't any battles you can call legit.

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2014-04-19 at 09:28.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 10:03   Link #12628
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Grimoire heart was the saddest of all. Zancrow got a raw deal meredy was pathetic. Kain Hikaru was pathetic. Capricorn was sad. The others didn't really lose. The fight between the guild and master hades was a disgrace to what battle should be.
You're going through all kinds of battles (some of which were actually okay or even good) but you fail to mention Erza vs Azuma? That was THE nakama power victory that should have never been...

In my opinion, most of the battles have been handled very well, excluding Lucy's fights...with Loki vs Bixlow being one of her few legit victories (and after which her OP levels rose even higher, so Mashima can only serve her rigged fights). The other one was Lucy&Natsu vs Kain, it was by far one of the best fights a secondary villain could have.
Quote:
Most of the characters who fought pretty much didn't do anything clever.
Elfman and Wendy gained a level in their fights...and Gray vs Rufus was too epic to be brushed aside.
Quote:
The tower of heaven was shameful as far as legit battles won on people's personal strength.
Few heroes win with just their own strength...
Old 2014-04-19, 10:14   Link #12629
Avaricia
My Lord

Are you seriously saying twin dragons vs natsu was a GOOD fight?

Oh my... My sides...

I mean like seriously, 2 dragon force+combination spell vs a normal mode Natsu? the fuck is that shit. Shitty writing.
Old 2014-04-19, 10:54   Link #12630
G147

Well compared to Natsu, Sting and Rogue lacks experience, Natsu has fought against many powerful opponents like Jellal, Zero, Hades etc. While Sting and Rogue has only faced against fodders. By the time Sabertooth became well known, two of the three biggest Dark Guild are already taken down, and with Crime Sorciere taking out Dark Guilds for 7 years, it's hard to imagine that Sting and Rogue had fought against any powerful opponents at all.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 11:03   Link #12631
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Well compared to Natsu, Sting and Rogue lacks experience, Natsu has fought against many powerful opponents like Jellal, Zero, Hades etc. While Sting and Rogue has only faced against fodders. By the time Sabertooth became well known, two of the three biggest Dark Guild are already taken down, and with Crime Sorciere taking out Dark Guilds for 7 years, it's hard to imagine that Sting and Rogue had fought against any powerful opponents at all.
That's like only for a year. And Sting and Rogue trained for 7 years. Rogue was also a student of Gajeel who is Natsu's rival. What the heck? Lack experience? They can even go to dragon force whenever they want to.
Old 2014-04-19, 11:05   Link #12632
II Maestro

FT already fought strong opponents that made well known as the strongest guild while ST became well known for participating in the GMG which doesn't involve life & death fights, 7 years of peace ST became the strongest guild in times of peace since there were no commotion of dark guilds taking action.
Old 2014-04-19, 11:14   Link #12633
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
FT already fought strong opponents that made well known as the strongest guild while ST became well known for participating in the GMG which doesn't involve life & death fights, 7 years of peace ST became the strongest guild in times of peace since there were no commotion of dark guilds taking action.
Just fighting a one on one death battle doesn't make you strong at all. Sabertooth has more OP magics than most of the characters that were introduced. And you think the top 5 wizards of Sabertooth doesn't have enough experience? They're called top 5 for a reason.

Even a weakling like Max almost beat Natsu.

Example.

Minerva = Space Warping

That's suppose to be one of the strongest magic, and what happened? She got 1 shot by an injured Erza who is suppose to be in the ground. But for no apparent reason, she managed to stand up even though a boulder should've crushed her leg. (YEP, Friendship bullshit)

Hiro has crazy ideas for the magic of the antagonists, but he doesn't know how to execute them. Even the eclipse plan was confusing as fuck.

Another shitty writing is the chapter where Natsu ate Laxus's element, where he is only suppose to be able to eat A FLAME. Thunder is not FLAME.
Old 2014-04-19, 11:19   Link #12634
ImperialFlameGod8190

This is my opinion on the fights twin dragons admittedly was a good fight but not great. Ur welcome to question it. Elfman vs baccus was pretty much okay i'm gonna let u hit me and pray u faint before I do. Wendy vs Cheria was pretty much 1 sided the whole time. much like the Natsu Zancrow. Yea I missed the erza azuma fight but my main point is that most of the fights aren't great fights.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 11:31   Link #12635
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I mean like seriously, 2 dragon force+combination spell vs a normal mode Natsu? the fuck is that shit.
Correction, it's vs second origin Natsu - the powerup from Urtear was raw magic and Natsu has faced anything; from frying pan ninjas and jet pack owls to freaking Hades.
Quote:
you think the top 5 wizards of Sabertooth doesn't have enough experience? They're called top 5 for a reason.
Do note, Sabertooth is a poor guild to measure strength in. Genma gathered his elite team in very little time, so their true strength remained unknown...and he underestimated Sting - a fatal mistake.

Quote:
Elfman vs baccus was pretty much okay i'm gonna let u hit me and pray u faint before I do. Wendy vs Cheria was pretty much 1 sided the whole time. much like the Natsu Zancrow.
Elfman tried to match Bacchus in speed and power first. He only picked a razor counter after realizing that endurance was his strongest suit. Wendy considered healing her opponent in order to shift the focus of her attack - the result was also the best IMO, because if Wendy had won, it would have been complete BS indeed :P

Natsu should have lost to Zancrow, I guess that's just one of the necessary evils for story progression.
Old 2014-04-19, 11:47   Link #12636
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Correction, it's vs second origin Natsu - the powerup from Urtear was raw magic and Natsu has faced anything; from frying pan ninjas and jet pack owls to freaking Hades.
*facepalm* I don't even know how to respond to this asspull.

Quote:
Do note, Sabertooth is a poor guild to measure strength in. Genma gathered his elite team in very little time, so their true strength remained unknown...and he underestimated Sting - a fatal mistake.
He underestimated sting who is stronger than him. Genma got 1 shot by sting. Genma was on toe to toe with Natsu. Which means Sting can solo Natsu with or without dragon force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Elfman vs baccus was pretty much okay i'm gonna let u hit me and pray u faint before I do.
that fight was a complete troll.

Erza stated that Bacchus is a tad bit stronger than him. Elfman who has a lower rank than Natsu, beating Bacchus was ridiculous.

Bacchus who cannot use magic(like rocklee) is pretty obvious to have trained his body perfectly for the last 7 years. He should have at least learned how to use ki/chi, but he didn't which means Mashima is an idiot.
Old 2014-04-19, 11:56   Link #12637
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Elfman returned from the mountain training and looked like he ate the mountain, it only makes sense that he can take a beating far more than most people. As a bonus, he showed the fruit of his training with the extra take-overs (he only had one type before the timeskip).
Quote:
He should have at least learned how to use ki/chi, but he didn't which means Mashima is an idiot.
Bacchus actually does use ki, that is his type of magic, as stated by Erza (ch.278 p.12). Perfecting his forms only made the impact stronger.

Quote:
Genma was on toe to toe with Natsu.
Minerva redirected Natsu's roar. Considering it is a dragon slayer's killer move, this says a lot about how Genma would have ended up if he had taken it head on...at the end of the day, Genma and his possie didn't know what being strong was all about.
Old 2014-04-19, 12:02   Link #12638
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

so much heat

aren't you guys supposed to be used to Mashima's cliches by now? Or shounen series cliches, for the matter

These aren't supposed to make sense, lol. People should just enjoy what they see. If you don't, don't read the series at all since there'll be more.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 12:02   Link #12639
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:

Bacchus actually does use ki, that is his type of magic, as stated by Erza (ch.278 p.12). Perfecting his forms only made the impact stronger.
Then the fight was completely BS.
Mashima should have instead showed Leon vs Kagura's fight.

Quote:
Minerva redirected Natsu's roar. Considering it is a dragon slayer's killer move, this says a lot about how Genma would have ended up if he had taken it head on...at the end of the day, Genma and his possie didn't know what being strong was all about.
What? Dragon's roar? Are you sure you're not mistaken?

Spoiler for Genma would've have lost. He said...:
Old 2014-04-19, 12:13   Link #12640
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
What? Dragon's roar? Are you sure you're not mistaken?
Okay, you got me there, it was an iron strike...still, it was dual element and Natsu owned Genma, who only managed to block one punch. Minerva was just playing Genma, which could not be said at the time but is easy to see in hindsight, considering her character.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen