AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-30, 20:19   Link #261
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I wonder what card game those kids were playing. All of this "Jakku" reminds me of Yu Gi Oh 5D's, which is annoying to hear.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 22:54   Link #262
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Why are their so few people talking about Bakuman

Well, in my case, I've read quite a bit of the manga, and after watching 3 episodes, I realise it would be a lot more enjoyable to marathon it once it's done.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 23:18   Link #263
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

I like the animation of the show alot and Akito Takagi reminds me alot of Light from Death Note ( probably because its made by the same people lolz ). I only saw it because I was looking at the list of the fall anime on Animefreak.tv and it looked ok but it turned out being really good. Later I was at the book store looking at the manga and I saw the 1st volume out and im like OMFG WTF and I bought it shortly after although I havent read it yet
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 00:19   Link #264
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep5:
Old 2010-10-31, 09:54   Link #265
HandofFate

Kaya and Takagi scenes were nice. Looking forward to next episode when we finally be able to see the editor. The 'training montage' sequence was nice.

Also, what was Takagi doing that afterwards, they showed his fingers all bandaged up. and what does 'pasting tone' actually mean?
Old 2010-10-31, 22:08   Link #266
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Damn, writing manga is hard. All of that work just for something that's almost surely going to be rejected.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 07:42   Link #267
blewin

I concur. I never how hard it is to draw manga before reading Bakuman. So much time and effort! imagine sitting still for so many hours just moving the pen with your fingers and wrist.... that must have hurt. Can't imagine how people do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Well, in my case, I've read quite a bit of the manga, and after watching 3 episodes, I realise it would be a lot more enjoyable to marathon it once it's done.
I'm beginning to realise this too, but it's too hard to stop watching.... I just love the energy from Saiko and Takagi.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 08:44   Link #268
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I was sure the kid in the convenience store with the headphones was Niizuma - it sure seemed like he was somebody important or they wouldn't have bothered with that scene at all. But I haven's seen anybody else mention it so maybe that was a whiff on my part.
Old 2010-11-01, 09:08   Link #269
Kallen4life

why do they say Shonen Jack ? Shonen Jump is copyrighted ? but they use authentic images and say Dragonball, One Piece etc.

or does Shonen Jack exist too ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:37   Link #270
Lime soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Also, what was Takagi doing that afterwards, they showed his fingers all bandaged up. and what does 'pasting tone' actually mean?
I never been near screentone before but it's some kind of adhesive used to color in a shade of gray. Shujin was probably practicing how to cut shapes out of the screentone paper to match the shape of the drawing he wanted to color in. He must of been reading one of Saiko's manga beginner books to learn more about the process of drawing manga. Since he can't draw he looked for another way he could help and that was by doing the tones.

After watching this episode and reading some stuff I started to understand why deadlines are such a big deal for mangakas. Whenever I watch a example of them working in manga, they always never have enough time and they're always sacrificing sleep. But this time, Saiko's still learning the ropes so it's reasonable that he has to be dead tired when he's jumping from an amateur to someone who can do a finished manuscript. We'll have to see how good their efforts are once they show it to a editor. I'm also a little disappointed that they didn't show a closer look at how a manga is created. I get the general idea but some of the stuff that goes on is a mystery to me.

Saiko must be one hell of a natural talent to do this much just from reading the manga teaching books. Especially when he's never been in an arts school and had been slacking off in middle school. I guess that award he won was the real deal. Or maybe he joined an art class during the time he was close with his uncle.

It's nice to see Saiko and Shujin get along well enough to do a sleepover. I'm pretty jealous of Saiko to have someone like Shujin to work with. The guy's watching out for him and being supportive whenever he can.

Last edited by Lime soda; 2010-11-01 at 09:58.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:53   Link #271
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I was sure the kid in the convenience store with the headphones was Niizuma - it sure seemed like he was somebody important or they wouldn't have bothered with that scene at all. But I haven's seen anybody else mention it so maybe that was a whiff on my part.
Niizuma lives in Aomori, so that kid is highly unlikely to be him.
Old 2010-11-01, 09:55   Link #272
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think he's done much more than read teaching books. The implication is that while Uncle was alive, Masahiro spent basically every free moment at the studio watching him work and learning from him. I think he picked up more from that experience than from any art class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Niizuma lives in Aomori, so that kid is highly unlikely to be him.
Wasn't there a bit at the end of 04 where his editor asked Niizuma to come to Tokyo?

I just thought it odd that they made such a point of showing that kid's face and lingering over the scene for so long. If he isn't Niizuma, maybe he's someone else who will play a role going forward.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:33   Link #273
Lime soda

His uncle wasn't a really good artist though so that's what made me confused. Things like learning how to draw humans in proportion, learning how to draw them in motion, drawing clothing, hair, expressions, etc. His uncle's drawing didn't show that he was at that kind of skill level since the characters in the Super hero legends looked like chibis. Saiko probably learned a lot things like the format/standards of how to do pro manga but he couldn't have learn that much from his uncle's drawings.

But I don't mind it that much since the show doesn't have time to show Saiko learning this stuff slowly.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 10:48   Link #274
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
Things like learning how to draw humans in proportion, learning how to draw them in motion
Well like you said "I guess that award he won was the real deal",you could tell he was already pretty darn good when he was making random sketches of Azuki in class,that is why Takagi was interested in working with him.
Old 2010-11-01, 13:05   Link #275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Wasn't there a bit at the end of 04 where his editor asked Niizuma to come to Tokyo?

I just thought it odd that they made such a point of showing that kid's face and lingering over the scene for so long. If he isn't Niizuma, maybe he's someone else who will play a role going forward.
Oh, did that happen already? I'm kind of skimming through the episodes since I've already the manga, so I must have missed that scene.

I didn't really pay attention to the kid, to be honest. I thought he was just supposed to be one of those annoying kids reading magazines at the store instead of buying them, all the while making it impossible for you to grab the magazines you want.
Old 2010-11-01, 13:57   Link #276
Rahan

I thought the point of the scene was to show some kid very absorbed into the reading of their rival's manga.

It didn't occur to me the kid could be important, I thought it was all about what he was reading.

Without that scene, the scene in which the wannabe mangakas realize the rival is being serialized would have been a copy paste of the scene in which they realized a 15 years old won an award or something.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 19:26   Link #277
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Who wants to do a fusion dance with me
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 00:05   Link #278
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I feel as if this show is going very slowly, but it's still working for me. When Kasai did his trademark thing of bringing up the music over the action, I liked that it absolved them from having to do more than just hear the one voice from the editorial department -- and that voice sent shivers down my spine the way it must have them.

I don't think the reader was the other mangaka. I think he was just there to show how absorbing the other guy's work is. He didn't look at all like Niizuma is shown on the official site, either.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 09:51   Link #279
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, I wondered if that freaky shinigami-looking dude from the OP was Niizuma. Guess he is.
Old 2010-11-02, 19:20   Link #280
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Wait i'm a bit lost here, I thought Niizuma was the kid that was going crazy at the end of like the last two episodes or something, the one that was freaking out in his chair chanting like a monkey? That guy looked nothing like the dude standing in the shop reading Jack...so I don't know where you guys are getting this?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen