AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 09:56   Link #25301
Eratas123

Not sure if that's accurate to what I mean. Ichika's present (Canon verse) is completely different from all of the kids.
Old 2012-03-10, 09:57   Link #25302
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

1. The future version vanish, therefore, said person has no existence beyond the moment he went to the past (indirect loop)
2. The past version being overwritten by the future version, leading to eternal cycle and technically, immortality (direct loop)
Pick your poison
Old 2012-03-10, 09:58   Link #25303
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What's worse? ground hog day loop where only you move forward while the rest of the world stays the same. Or the world moves forward but for you it's like the same day... forever.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 10:04   Link #25304
Eratas123

@ Demi - Both suck . i'd either end he cycle or kill myself.

@ Senpai - I planned for Cloney's future version to be an antagonist. I was wondering if him telling his future "I'll never be you" will be enough to make him disappear.
Old 2012-03-10, 10:10   Link #25305
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Not sure if that's accurate to what I mean. Ichika's present (Canon verse) is completely different from all of the kids.
Yes I understand what you're talking about, which is why I said absolutely nothing will happen just by meeting your self.
Old 2012-03-10, 10:12   Link #25306
Eratas123

Then I guess that makes the antagonist even more idiotic. He wants to kill Tabane so the bad future won't happen, but the version of Tabane he wants to kill won't do anything to change his future anyway. Too bad he doesn't listen
Old 2012-03-10, 10:29   Link #25307
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Eras, I though we agree that we're using multiverse theory? As in, Branching timeline. if O is canon, A being unified ending, and B being separate ending, both happens, just that the time travel creating ending A. What's more, there's a good chance that in ending A, Kazuma did not exist at all. Or he exist, but different Kazuma than B ending Kazuma, and so on....

(it would be funny if we have A side Kazuma & B side Kazuma though, or better, there's the worst future where he's pilot-killing terrorist, C side Kazuma. Yay for spotlight stealing )
Old 2012-03-10, 10:35   Link #25308
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Basically, what Eras said, anyone related to I.S.A. are absolutely, positively neutral except tfor their status as personal I.S. owner, and even then it was limited to data gathering and development. Hence Madoka Rescue plan is making me a headache, I can't find any loopholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Easy loophole: Don't do it legally. Remember, Ichika's not a rep candidate yet, but he still has a personal unit. They can't arrest him because he didn't break any rules. He fought for no country, and he isn't a rep so he actions can't be credited.
So anyone with a personal unit can act on their own as long as it's not written in black and white?(aka unofficial)

Even through the novels(which I decided to segregate the plot from), I'm still a wee bit confused as to what Personals can/cannot do, especially if Cecilia is the one in question.
Old 2012-03-10, 10:42   Link #25309
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Past Kazuma and Future Kazuma are from the same time branch. When Tabane accidentally tool the kid back, he branched off and became separate. Unfortunately, Future!K also got taken when he got sucked into a portal, so now there's two versions of the same in the canon timeline. If past dies, the future might die as well, but it's uncertain since they're not in their own time branch.

@ Stratos - I meant Ichika couldn't be areested on the same accounts as the others and Japan would most likely give him special treatment.
Old 2012-03-10, 11:04   Link #25310
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Inami is a staff of I.S.A. even though he own a personal unit, any interference he did is I.S.A. doing, Cecilia could do it on personal level, however she's using I.S. of Britain, and also a cadet rep of Britain, her interference is equal to interference by Britain.

Ichika is normal Japanese by account, and his I.S. are either designed, made, or completed by Tabane specifically for him. His action is completely on individual basis.
Old 2012-03-10, 11:08   Link #25311
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Even then, think like this: Inami did his interference, everybody blames I.S.A., while in the case of Cecilia, I.S.A. can blame Britain as a whole.

In case of Ichika, Ichika is alone to blame.
Old 2012-03-10, 11:22   Link #25312
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That's easier to understand

So Ichika's completely clean from any sorts of international repercussions, pilot-wise and unit-wise.

Cecilia's actions still affects Britian due to her Rep status and her IS unit.

Inami's actions affects ISA due to instructor status but his personal unit is unlisted(because it's not an IS) and has a full headgear which conceals his identity.
Old 2012-03-10, 11:42   Link #25313
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Indeed, exactly what I meant, punishment will still wait for him since once again, he is part of I.S.A. and he already broke their no-interference rules

Going to sleep.
Old 2012-03-10, 11:51   Link #25314
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Indeed, exactly what I meant, punishment will still wait for him since once again, he is part of I.S.A. and he already broke their no-interference rules

Going to sleep.
But then again, his unit has a full-cover headgear that conceals his identity. Not only that, his unit is unlisted.

So if he goes out, no one knows who's behind the helmet so they can't pin the blame on anyone but the unit.

I just can't see how he would be flakked on an international scale as his identity as the Proioxis' pilot is only made known to a certain few in the ISA.

Unless you're saying they'll punish him in private, then I agree. Because not only he broke non-interference rules, he risked blowing his cover(in the case that his headgear comes off... somehow), which would've meant endless flak for the ISA.

On a side note, is the Uchigane's katana covered with anti-beam/energy coating? Or do they have another form of protection when going up against melee beam weaponry?
Old 2012-03-10, 12:04   Link #25315
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

First, yes, I was talking about private punishment.

Second, no explanation in canon, it doesn't even have special feature or anything (high frequency, superheating blade etc). All it does is holding off against Yukihira, implying resistance to extremely high temperature plasma or some sort of anti-beam mechanism. It's really up to your choice. :3
Old 2012-03-10, 12:08   Link #25316
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Swee~!

Seeing as how magical the IS is, anti-beam coating on physical melee weapons should be present albeit on a stronger scale.

And yes, private punishment it is.
Old 2012-03-10, 22:25   Link #25317
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Has anyone tried tuning up the whole casts' quirks up to eleven!?
Old 2012-03-10, 22:27   Link #25318
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, I hate their characterization more often than not, and just use the key elements then deconstruct it.
Old 2012-03-10, 22:29   Link #25319
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think they have interesting quirks... only for the sake of convenient Orimura pheremone, the original archetypes were derailed.
Old 2012-03-10, 22:30   Link #25320
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I didn't quite get what you meant there, demi.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest