AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-24, 01:00   Link #941
Siegzon Caritas
Yuma! I CAN fight, too!

Send a message via MSN to Siegzon Caritas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
But something else to consider, Force abilities seem to require targeting. So if the Claymore is moving too fast a Jedi really won't ever be able to hit them with the force.
Claymore faster than human speed is just a devastating rumbles board power. On some super hero rumbles boards the Flash consistently ranks way up there just due to getting the drop on the other guy. To bring that on topic to Power levels, youki schmouki, which one is the fastest is what I wanna know. Claire really showed the importance of blinding speed in her battle with Rigardo.

I mean even if you're Riful or Isley, If Clare's queen of swords form is powerful enough to cut the abyssal flesh and IF she's faster. it's La Machine.

The author took the easy way out with the Luciella and Isley fight by having them agree to go toe to toe. As well as being wrapped up quickly, Would have been a good opportunity to gauge abyssal powers. I guess the mechanics were not relevant to the story at that point. That was one of those clashes that deserved 20 pages.
Old 2008-01-24, 10:43   Link #942
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

Send a message via MSN to Lights of Euphoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegzon Caritas View Post
The author took the easy way out with the Luciella and Isley fight by having them agree to go toe to toe. As well as being wrapped up quickly, Would have been a good opportunity to gauge abyssal powers. I guess the mechanics were not relevant to the story at that point. That was one of those clashes that deserved 20 pages.
That or he just got sick of it all and wanted a break...Trust me I know wery well what it's like to draw four straight hours in a row;
It's worse then all forms of medieval torture... Also knowing what it's like to come back from the break and look at your drawing and AFTER FOUR HOURS notice that the anatomy and proportions...are all wrong...

. . .

Help out the artists? Shoot us...
Old 2008-01-25, 03:37   Link #943
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegzon Caritas View Post
I think that he was smart not to show us the Isley/Luciela fight. Showing every fight isn't possible and it's not like we don't have indicators on just how powerful the battle was if Galatea felt the inital clash from literally miles away. Besides, we don't want to turn Claymore into a medival DBZ now do we? ^^
Old 2008-01-25, 05:41   Link #944
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

I would've thought that Yagi wanted to hide the fighting techniques of both but then we've seen Isley's fighting when he was in a critical position so he was serious. Also that was Luciela's last battle and the only thing we know about her fighting is that she has the ability to devour her opponents and that could justify the missing pieces from Isley after the battle. Tempest35 has a point tho, Galatea's sensing the battle is an indication of how powerful both were.
Old 2008-01-25, 22:36   Link #945
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I don't know about you guys, but everytime I watch or read the scene where Irene is first introduced, I find myself impressed all the time. I mean, what the heck do you do to not get even a stain of blood on you when it's pouring down like rain the way she did. I mean, dang, dude!
Old 2008-01-26, 07:46   Link #946
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Sophia was impressed also.

She must have been using her flash sword to block all the drops of blood
Old 2008-01-26, 12:46   Link #947
koffy
beggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
She must have been using her flash sword to block all the drops of blood
Thats correct, this is the point
Old 2008-01-26, 17:09   Link #948
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

That is the real technique that Teresa noticed when she said Irene's quick sword had progressed; Blood Umbrella.
Old 2008-01-26, 20:56   Link #949
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'd love to see just how Irene, Sophia, and Noel each would have cleared out a town/nest full of youma by themselves. It'd be enjoyable to watch since their styles are so different. Sophia would probably level the place though...
Old 2008-01-27, 00:31   Link #950
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Hmm, just in the interest of stirring the pot, I wanted to bring up something.

What do you guys think of the power differences between Teresa's generation and Clare's?

For the purpose of this discussion I do want to leave out Alicia/Beth and Teresa/Priscilla, rather I am referring to the ranks below them. I would also like to leave Raphaela out of the discussion seeing as she is from a different generation.

While Galatea and Irene are comparable, Ophelia is definitely superior to Noel&Sophia, hell, even Miria is statistically superior to them.

Flora's stats are actually quite comparable to Noel's as well, and she is #8.

Is this a sign of the Organization trying to constantly improve the quality of its warriors? Or is Clare's generation simply superior by pure chance?

Just some food for thought.
Old 2008-01-27, 01:19   Link #951
Sassarai
Army of One

I look at it like sports. It's all pure luck whether a generation surpasses the next and special warriors only appear once in a decade or so. In sports, certain drafts are weak as hell while others are loaded with talent.

The quality of the yoma materials dont seem to be improving since there are still so many Claymore fillers. Just look at Clarice.

My guess at least.
Old 2008-01-27, 02:30   Link #952
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

It seems to me that Irene, Sophia and Noel were more highly specialized, and excelled very well, probably still unmatched, in their respective specialties. On the other hand, discounting Raphaela, Galatea and Ophelia were more well rounded, with Galatea specializing in yoki manipulation. Unfortunately, we know nothing of Teresa's generation below Noel. But, it also appears that Miria, Flora, and Jean are highly specialized people. Maybe the org upped the ante and thought it better to have their higher ranked people more well rounded.

But then again, as high as her own stats were Ophelia still wasn't a match for a one-armed Irene. There may be something to specialization after all. Teresa only defeated Irene because Teresa specializes in being a monster, as does Priscilla.
Old 2008-01-27, 02:41   Link #953
Newhope

They isn't really that much difference in power between the 75 and 76 generations its just that both generations had abnormal claymores in them Teresa/Priscilla for 75th and Alicia/Beth for the 76th generation.

I actually consider Galatea as the number one of clare's generation with Ophelia and Miria been the number 2 and 3, if you take Teresa/Priscilla out of the picture the 76th generation does seem to have the edge power wise.But we can't really know for sure because we never really saw anyone below number 5 from Teresa's generation.
Old 2008-01-27, 05:36   Link #954
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

With 77+ generations of claymores I wonder how many thousands of claymores have gone out into the world. Even a claymores stats don't reflect too much as they each have a specialized power that gives them an advantage in some situations and a disadvantage in others.

Really it doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the organization to make strong claymores. Just ones that can take out youma, and then a few well controlled ones that could take out AB's (which is how it seems to be). I am not even sure how much the organization has to do with a claymores power. They raised Alicia and Beth to be powerful but I don't know if strength is psychologically based in the claymore or based on the base material they use during the process.

If a claymore's strength is determined in a simmilar way to their being offensive or defensive then I would guess that all generations are about the same with a few occasional outliers. Isley and Luciella were about the same level and they had a huge gap between them. There are other explanations but if a claymores human heart is a big part of their power then I would guess that most generations would be the same with advances made in training making a big difference (although claymores really seem like they are on their own). It seems what the organization really wanted was a claymore who could rival the Abyssals as most of their focus has been on creating that warrior for at least 3 generations. Is it possible that Teresa and Priscilla were a simmilar failed experiment? It's all speculation as we have very little information on it.
Old 2008-01-27, 09:12   Link #955
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
But then again, as high as her own stats were Ophelia still wasn't a match for a one-armed Irene. There may be something to specialization after all. Teresa only defeated Irene because Teresa specializes in being a monster, as does Priscilla.
I think Ophelia lost to Irene because she was taking Irene as a regular human and once she was blocked she panicked and Irene just finished her work. I am not saying that Ophelia is as strong as Irene, it's just that if there was another encounter after the first one, Ophelia might actually inflect some damage on Irene somehow but then all those what-ifs are meaningless

It just occurred to me, that in 2013 (if we live to that date that is) and if this thread survives, one could read it and laugh his butt out at us
Isn't claymore supposed to end by around 160 chapters? if that was the case, then we barely just finished the introductory part of Claymore xD

I hope Claymore continues to be as interesting as it is now although I hate the waiting of 1 months between each chapter.

* Might goes in a hibernate mode for a couple of years and then come back.

P.S. was just browsing the official claymore website and found this:

So Clarice's hair color is that dark! I thought she was somewhat like Miria but a bit darker since she said it was stronger than her current one. Now I really wonder if she is truly a special creation or just a failure.

Last edited by Anima; 2008-01-27 at 09:27.
Old 2008-01-27, 11:17   Link #956
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

Send a message via MSN to Lights of Euphoria
Does the Official Claymore Web page have an English translation?
My intellectual capacities go only so far...
Old 2008-01-27, 13:10   Link #957
Zsych

Clarice looks more like a total and complete failure. Negligible youki and no real expectation that someone like Teresa would be inside her, although I wonder what effect using the corpse of an awakened one to create a Claymore might have.

Regarding Teresa and Clare's generations... I don't think that Galatea would've stood up to Irene in a fight(before her blindness anyway)... Also I suspect that Galatea is from around Teresa's time, with the comment about her being so old.

As for the chapter turn out rate... I really wish that the Claymore mangaka would just hire more assistants and turn out 20 page chapters weekly. Its not like the story writer has to do the drawing himself(look at Stan Lee)
Old 2008-01-27, 13:52   Link #958
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

@Lights of Euphoria: Nothing that I am aware of except for the Viz Media website which doesn't hold much of details anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
Clarice looks more like a total and complete failure. Negligible youki and no real expectation that someone like Teresa would be inside her, although I wonder what effect using the corpse of an awakened one to create a Claymore might have.
Teresa inside Clarice?! what makes you think of that? Clare is the one who has Teresa. We really don't have any background about Clarice "creation". Now that I think about it, Clarice could end up being really special (not in a retarded way, mind you ). We have to remember that she passed the claymore "graduation" test which (from extra scene #4) isn't the type of exam that many claymores pass.

She does seem to have deficiencies as a claymore (e.g. not being able to sense yoki all the time) but I am sure she is holding something she isn't aware of (or so I hope).

We haven't seen her trying to use yoki yet so we don't know how that would affect her. I have my own theories of how she might be special but since they are all baseless, I wont say anything just yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
As for the chapter turn out rate... I really wish that the Claymore mangaka would just hire more assistants and turn out 20 page chapters weekly. Its not like the story writer has to do the drawing himself(look at Stan Lee)
Amen to that.
Old 2008-01-27, 13:59   Link #959
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think Clarice has to have a surprise up her sleeve. Probably one she doesn't even know about. Creating a character this weak must have a purpose in the overall story line, and from how much panel time she has had it seems like she is not leaving any time soon. I am still not sure what her overall role will be.

Why is Clarice necessary to the story? Her fate seems tied completely to Miata now so the two of them must do something of significance to the world of claymore. Even if they killed Galatea (fat chance) they would have to do something else to really have an impact. Miata being as powerful as she is could have a big impact but she would have to do something with that power. I hope Clarice's relationship with Miata develops a bit more and we see her actually care for the feral child and overcoming her fear of her. Clarice's role seems to be the central focus of the story right now and I bet in the next few months we will really start to see why she is there.

*Clarice is going to half awaken two tails that have mouths all over them*
Old 2008-01-27, 14:25   Link #960
Zsych

@Anima: Regarding Clarice having someone like Teresa inside her, by that statement I meant that its unlikely that an experiement similar to Clare's was done on Clarice in the hopes of reviving a worthwhile former talent... thus leading to a weaker than normal Claymore being created.

--

As for what worth Clarice might have.... The Raki ,weakling worth less than nothing that manages to create some mildly emotional moments, worth I suppose. Some characters are put in only so they can die and make you feel bad... except that I don't care enough about the character to feel bad if she dies.
Closed Thread