AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-03-27, 13:42   Link #21
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0o View Post
just saw this on nico... I believe this was the trailer shown at the end of episode 23...

Short 14 second Preview of Clannad ~After Story~

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2809272

EDIT: I've uploaded it to youtube in case you wanna see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiYdAE5-sqc

Can't wait...!!!
Wooo, can't wait, i take it it says in production at the end of it, so gonna be a long wait til it airs, but looked very much forward to it.
Old 2008-03-27, 13:48   Link #22
SkoolRumble4Ya

Spoiler for Trailer:
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 14:10   Link #23
FireChick

See? I don’t think KyoAni’s a company to leave a story unended. I always knew they were going to anime the After Story and I knew it! Everyone’s happy now, right? I’m not being mean or anything. I’m very happy about this. That little girl looks so cute! She resembles me a little when I was young.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 14:15   Link #24
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
FMP has 3 seasons, and seems to be endless.
Yes, but FMP: fumoffu is almost like a spin-off, hence we say that FMP and FMP: TSR are the first and second seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There is little to no chance for FMP3 to be animated anytime soon. The current plot in the novels prevent any possible open end at all, even with 24-26 episodes time span.
Hence, it will certainly end like a cliffhanger, thus they have to either make a new end (which is hardly KyoAni's habit) or they have to wait for the end of the novels (which is the most likely).
Damn, I didn't know, seems like we won't get FMP anytime soon...
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 14:24   Link #25
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
I cant wait!
That teaser isnt helping me any. Ooh, it's going to be a loong wait...
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 15:11   Link #26
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Questions:

1) Theory, all character come back in ~After Story~ ?

2) Any relation with Tomoyo After?
Old 2008-03-27, 15:12   Link #27
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
Questions:

1) Theory, all character come back in ~After Story~ ?
Yes (no further detail should be given though]
Quote:
2) Any relation with Tomoyo After?
No, not even close.
Old 2008-03-27, 15:26   Link #28
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

This I will quote from the Haruhi season 2 thread a month ago, as I believe replying here is more relevant. Seeing how authoritative he sounds without any sound backing, I patiently waited till today to respond. Call me petty if you want, but it feels sweet to finally have solid facts backing you up in a long argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post
like I said before.

Kyoani will make clannad more then 24 eps only under one condition :

they can earn more by making more eps, not losing more.

and from what I saw, if clannad can keep the rest dvd vols
have the same sale just like it's dvd vol. 1 (about 24,000),
it do have a chance to get second season.

it seems some people think anime can be produced freely,
but the fact is:

when an studio does not have enough money,
they can't keep anime running even if they want to.

there are two main resources support Kyoani right now : kadokawa and key.

no need to worry the kadokawa side since haruhi and lucky star doing well.

but for the key side, after the low sale on kanon, clannad may be the last chance
to decide if Kyoani will continue on this side or not.

If you're reading this, mugener, today's announcement has completely blown your proclamation that Kyo-Ani is suffering from monetary difficulties from their Clannad DVD sales to make a season 2 out of the window.

Never once have I doubted that Kyo-Ani will not make a season 2 for Clannad, because, as the ending shows, the story is clearly incomplete. From how I see it, Kyo-Ani has always intended for Clannad to be a single project, divided into two due to its large but complete story, unlike those of Haruhi and FMP, where doing it season by season is more feasible since their stories are still incomplete.

So your claim (and you were so damn confident about it without providing any solid figures) about DVD sales affecting the making of season 2 is moot, to say the least.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 15:46   Link #29
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, too bad that mugener wouldn't be eating cardboard boxes from this claim, as should quite a few detractors due to this announcement.

Now then, I can't say anymore about Afterstory than to say that KyoAni will need the same length as S1 to get this story done. There is alot of things to cover yet, and Clannad, even with just Afterstory, actually still has more material to animate...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 16:29   Link #30
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Well I guess my prediction of 'no announcement after Episode 23' was blown out of the water... LOL
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 16:44   Link #31
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Seeing the trailer, I fear how the story will end. I'm glad there's a second season coming out, and I know it's suppose to end that way, but... I just hope it's a "good end" instead of a sad end...
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 16:45   Link #32
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
This I will quote from the Haruhi season 2 thread a month ago, as I believe replying here is more relevant. Seeing how authoritative he sounds without any sound backing, I patiently waited till today to respond. Call me petty if you want, but it feels sweet to finally have solid facts backing you up in a long argument.

If you're reading this, mugener, today's announcement has completely blown your proclamation that Kyo-Ani is suffering from monetary difficulties from their Clannad DVD sales to make a season 2 out of the window.

Never once have I doubted that Kyo-Ani will not make a season 2 for Clannad, because, as the ending shows, the story is clearly incomplete. From how I see it, Kyo-Ani has always intended for Clannad to be a single project, divided into two due to its large but complete story, unlike those of Haruhi and FMP, where doing it season by season is more feasible since their stories are still incomplete.

So your claim (and you were so damn confident about it without providing any solid figures) about DVD sales affecting the making of season 2 is moot, to say the least.
You've got a triple negative in there eh. You meant to say "never once did I doubt that Kyoani would make a season 2 for Clannad", right. Well frankly I'm not surprised. I thought they had probably decided to fall in line with Sunrise's method of doing things with regard to Code Geass and Gundam 00. I wonder if this is the new trend now and if others will follow suit too. The thing is it honest to god works in generating hype.

Then again hype is the primary reason that Clannad Season 1 met with such a huge backlash with regard to it's finale from some people. I also think they probably would have been better of doing what Sunrise did with 00 and announced from the beginning that Clannad was going to be a split series. It would have saved them a lot of hate and would have been the courteous thing to do for the fans rather then leaving them in the dark for almost a month as it stood until now. And hopefully this decision also doesn't backfire on them as well. They made the right decision, just the execution and timing of it all could have been handled a lot better.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 16:47   Link #33
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

As if it's not great enough the After Story is getting animated, I get to watch this forum explode with reactions of the unprepared :3
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 17:38   Link #34
Skids41

Does After Story novel have the same ending as the game? (First ending not Second)
Skids41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 18:04   Link #35
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
Hurray! a second season! now i have something to look foward to from KyoAni after Haruhi second season
Shizzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 18:12   Link #36
BigGimp77

Great news. Hopefully Haruhi season 2 comes first, then maybe Clannad AS next fall, then FMP3 sometime in 09.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 18:27   Link #37
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Great news. Hopefully Haruhi season 2 comes first, then maybe Clannad AS next fall, then FMP3 sometime in 09.
Don't forget Little Busters. And maybe a 6-episode Planetarian OVA.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 18:33   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Does After Story novel have the same ending as the game? (First ending not Second)
The visual novel and the game are one and the same though. There is a novel called CLANNAD Another Story which is effectively a series of stories that are additional to the game content, in case you were referring to that.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 18:44   Link #39
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
That information just made my day~!

please let it be a 'good end' ;_; we already have a sad movie...

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 18:51   Link #40
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

AWESOME.. simply AWESOME.. This has made my day. I was disappointed with no explanation to the "other World" Existence.. really glad that they ll be explaining it in the After Story... Simply awesome news
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote