AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2024-04-22, 11:03   Link #12441
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

@Renegade. Like I said, It's like Wendy Thomas dissing the Whopper.

It really seems to me that Ulen wanted Kira to be like (for the lack of a better comparison) X (yes, Dr. Light's creation). While the Accords have set and predetermined Potentials,
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2024-04-22, 11:49   Link #12442
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post

It really seems to me that Ulen wanted Kira to be like (for the lack of a better comparison) X (yes, Dr. Light's creation). While the Accords have set and predetermined Potentials,
Spoiler for spoiler:
Wait, I remember that X was the first mechanical creation meant to have his own free will and from such humanity, the mechanical being developed sadness upon fighting. Was it like that? There was a short OVA about exactly that called Day of Sigma where X's free will is tested to be the legit thing or just something he was programmed to be with.
Old 2024-04-22, 12:28   Link #12443
cyberdemon

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Kira is the pinnacle of humanity. Biologically he’s perfect by Ulen Hibikis standards. Lacus’ mind is the pinnacle of humanity. She is everything Aura aspired to achieve. I almost fear their children if they don’t take after their parents. Perfect body and perfect mind
Old 2024-04-23, 02:18   Link #12444
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
While the Accords have set and predetermined Potentials,
Spoiler for spoiler:
I do not think the Accords are biologically incapable of walking off their biologically assigned path or that the gene editing necessarily railroads them into a single direction in life; Lacus is living proof of the absence of such cerebral hardwiring.

WW2 Nazis didn't become what they were just by dint of (purported) ethnic/genetic advantages; indoctrination played a huge part in their reinvention. It's simply that Aura - an obsessive individual with severe psychological issues that Ulen himself described as arrogant and manipulative - raised the Accords under the dogma that they were the best of the best and, because Durandal himself thought so in writing his Destiny Plan, their genes couldn't lead them to do anything wrong...or just fail. They grew up with no other moral guardrails aside from "do it for the Accord cause" and "let your genes do the talking". It's such a radically restrictive type of education that, in the end, they couldn't fathom other super-Coordinators going...biologically off-script.

Last edited by Renegade334; Yesterday at 03:06. Reason: Who the F was "Mara"? ;-/
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 07:29   Link #12445
Scorpiopt

Infinite Justice Gundam Type II lasers on the backpack wings make no dam sense and now its even worse has ramming weapon
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 08:02   Link #12446
s07195
However,

Watched FREEDOM.

Spoiler for Waited 20 years and...:
Old 2024-05-03, 09:11   Link #12447
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post

Spoiler for Waited 20 years and...:
Reminds me to the ending of
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2024-05-04, 06:23   Link #12448
Greener223

Hello, started watching Seed for the first time.

Can someone tell me what the timeline and sources were for all the character names? I'd like to know where people got bizarre spellings like "Fllay" and "Mwu" from, and why/when they changed it to more reasonable spellings.
Greener223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:46   Link #12449
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener223 View Post
I'd like to know where people got bizarre spellings like "Fllay" and "Mwu" from, and why/when they changed it to more reasonable spellings.
Official source.

Given to editor for officially released materials (magazine, manga, poster).
CMIIW Newtype 2002-2003 listed Mu as Mwu La Flaga; on Mu case, katakana Mu for his name given emphasis for long read (more awkward to read it as Muu).

Change happened somewhere around 2011-2014, during Gundam SEED remaster process, I believe.
I'm not sure about the reason but I suspect it because of Bandai started targeting overseas audience, suddenly spelling check matters to avoid possible copyright issues.
Old Yesterday, 11:08   Link #12450
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener223 View Post
Hello, started watching Seed for the first time.

Can someone tell me what the timeline and sources were for all the character names? I'd like to know where people got bizarre spellings like "Fllay" and "Mwu" from, and why/when they changed it to more reasonable spellings.
I suppose it depends on what ethnicity they are supposed to be. Hard to get certain specifics using hiragana and katakana since they aren’t of Japanese ethnicity.

Yay just 2 days till I can finally see the movie. Sadly failed to rewatch the series due to my procrastinating nature
Old Yesterday, 15:27   Link #12451
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I suppose it depends on what ethnicity they are supposed to be. Hard to get certain specifics using hiragana and katakana since they aren’t of Japanese ethnicity.

Yay just 2 days till I can finally see the movie. Sadly failed to rewatch the series due to my procrastinating nature
I suspect it falls under "As long as it sounds foreign".
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:24   Link #12452
cyberdemon

I thought this as a kid but doubly so as an adult rewatching this. Did ZAFT actually do something wrong? Gil made things harder because of his manipulations in Destiny.. Patrick Zala went geocidal because things dragged on. Under Siegel, I feel ZAFT was in the right. Halberton was the only decent commander that we know

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep