Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I find TsunadexNaruto more appealing by the chapter XD
You are not alone on that...
Old 2011-06-15, 15:04   Link #23
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
ah minato...you sly bastard.

after reading this chapter.....my confidence in bee jumped up 10 fold. hope he never dies.
Old 2011-06-15, 15:15   Link #24
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
But if Naruto can't even beat the raikage then his self confidence about winning the war is a bit funny.
To me it looked as though Naruto was just trying to get by him, not fight. Either way, Naruto doesn't have to be the absolute fastest and/or strongest ninja in the world to win(indeed most of his fights started with him as the underdog), so I wouldn't say his confidence is unfounded, or even funny.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 15:17   Link #25
thermopyle

Tsunade should just quit being Hokage and put on a cheerleader outfit.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 17:20   Link #26
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You make it seem like that is a bad thing. The war will only end with the death of Madara, and he is unlikely to appear until he has either killed all the other Shinobi (which is the route the Raikage and the Alliance is currently taking), or the Jinchuuriki appear. So, since the only way to end the war and preserve anything is to kill Madara, it’s better to lay a trap and force a confrontation in a situation/scenario that is most advantageous rather than simply waiting for your entire army to die then killing the Jinchuuriki in order to briefly delay the inevitable.
And therein lies the problem, killing Madara which neither time or the Shodaime has been able to do and he is such a mystery that trying to lay a trap using the jinchuuriki at bait is way too risky. If the plan works then great but if it fails they've instantly lost the entire war, the trap method seems more like desperation move that should only be used after more has been found out about Madara.

I mean for all we know he could still use all the jutsus his sharingan has copied over the years (I know right? I forgot that was the sharingan's main function too ) and hasn't been using them because it would be an unfair advantage. He is too unpredictable.

Quote:
That being said, does anyone else think a better use of the Moon's Eye Plan would be to cast an Izanagi over the entire world? Instead of brainwashing everyone, Madara should simply rewrite all of existence...
Hmm...now that you bring that up I am starting to see glaring similarities between Lelouch and Madara:

Both wear masks - check
Both have a very misplaced anger - check
Both have killed their family - check
Lelouch geassed god and Madara wants to sharingan the moon
Super hax eye - super check
Lost a major battle but comes back again - check
Manipulative - Check
Killed their brother (well Rolo wasn't really killed by Lelouch and they weren't brothers but its Lelouch's fault and he was planning on doing it anyway) - Check
Waged a war - Check
Slaughtered countless people with super hax eyes - Check

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 17:27   Link #27
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Lelouch did all that for the sake of others.
I dont think madara is in it for anyone other than himself. :\
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 18:35   Link #28
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, does anyone else think a better use of the Moon's Eye Plan would be to cast an Izanagi over the entire world? Instead of brainwashing everyone, Madara should simply rewrite all of existence...
As a Rikudou Sennin and Juuby Jinchuuriki he'd have the power of Onmyoton, the ability to create the real from imagination and to give life to illusion.
Now what would this mean for someone who'd the entire world within one.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 19:21   Link #29
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Hmm...now that you bring that up I am starting to see glaring similarities between Lelouch and Madara:
Spoiler for Code Geass:
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 21:01   Link #30
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Whats a lariat?
This.
Spoiler for lariat:

Anyway, I found this an interesting chapter to read. We get some more insite on Bee and Raikage's past. Also, so the moral of this chapter is that you can not relay your feeling unless you are able to perform a lariat.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 22:11   Link #31
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Also, so the moral of this chapter is that you can not relay your feeling unless you are able to perform a lariat.
NARUTO used TALK!
It's not very effective...

KILLER BEE used LARIAT!
It's super effective!
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 23:29   Link #32
AnbuItachi

raikage is supposed to be super fast, how the hell did he lose to Bee? the momentum should have easily overpowered bee. did he walk super slowly or something
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 23:43   Link #33
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
raikage is supposed to be super fast, how the hell did he lose to Bee? the momentum should have easily overpowered bee. did he walk super slowly or something
the way its showing its saying bee is just as fast if not faster.

in the flashback, minato teleported behind him and he was already prepared with his sword to stab him if he made a move.

and when they fought vs fake Kisame, Kisame said to fast or so fast. so for them to attack eachother they both have to be on par in the speed department.
Old 2011-06-16, 06:33   Link #34
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The scene had nothing to do with speed, the Raikage was driving back Naruto and Bee at the same time the whole chapter before the Lariat clash.
No it's just the usual Will of Fire crap, Bee is full of gut and confidence so he's become stronger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Probably not the best way to see how fast Bee is. Minato was talking, so Bee had plenty of time to set up. If he attacked like with the tentacle, Bee would be dead already.
The point was that Bee set this up right at the moment Minato appeared behind him, maybe even before just in case, in order to strike if Minato tried to stab him in the back. That means some pretty awesome reflexes hence why Yondaime was impressed.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 06:33   Link #35
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
in the flashback, minato teleported behind him and he was already prepared with his sword to stab him if he made a move.
Probably not the best way to see how fast Bee is. Minato was talking, so Bee had plenty of time to set up. If he attacked like with the tentacle, Bee would be dead already.

Besdies, there's not much room to pick up any speed from their distance to each other. It's all about chakra control to them. Tsunade and Sakura can probably beat either of them in a lariat fight (assuming they could take one as well the guys do). But if Sakura can punch away a giant hunk of iron and not get pushed back, she probably can take a weak ass lariat that barely pushed raikage.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 08:07   Link #36
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I mean for all we know he could still use all the jutsus his sharingan has copied over the years (I know right? I forgot that was the sharingan's main function too ) and hasn't been using them because it would be an unfair advantage. He is too unpredictable.
That, and he's been having Zetsu "record" all these high powered battles throughout the series too. Madara's got a scarily huge library of devastating moves to copy.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 08:24   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
No it's just the usual Will of Fire crap, Bee is full of gut and confidence so he's become stronger.
I didn't get that. The flashback set up the idea that A/Ei had begun to simply ignore Kirabi in favour of his perceived "duty", so he had simply lost sight of just how strong Kirabi had become/was becoming. Consequently, in the interim, Kirabi had gained the strength to surpass A's lariat. True they were all still using talk no jutsu during the encounter, but Kirabi's strength was a natural byproduct of his training, not boasted by the "Will of Fire".
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 09:33   Link #38
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I will shed manly, manly tears when Kirabi dies. Up there among the characters I love the most.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 09:52   Link #39
ronin myael
lost ronin

ahhh...minato...why did this awesome ninja have to die? i was too distracted by the yondaime's awesomeness to notice the rest of the chapter. lol

but as much as i like the flashback, it's time to get back to the war at hand. i'm getting a bit bored with all the talking and drama. the raikage is too darn stubborn and perhaps a little too idealistic. i can understand where his desire to protect his brother comes from and i do believe he has a point as well. bee and naruto are somewhat rash, but the adults in this series need to realize that the youngsters are more than capable to defend themselves. he's too overprotective he's beginning to annoy me. just let them fight already! they can't keep them caged up forever.
Old 2011-06-16, 10:01   Link #40
Lunarskylar

im kinda worried that bee started calling himself killer bee cuz minato called him a killer kind of ninja though
and im not surprised that bee 's speed is on par with raikages with 9tail naruto's is
both jinchuuriki

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion